LiLee's Journey to overall happiness

Replies

• jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,111 Member
    That is scary😱 There was a case here where a hacker managed to hack into a baby monitor and he could talk to the child and see everything in the room. Please check to see if your system is safe👍🙏 Hope you can get a new doctor soon👍
  • volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    OMG that is creepy for sure!!!! Hope you are doing better today!!!
  • LiLee2018
    LiLee2018 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Yeah, I've seen news about hackers doing that to baby monitors. Thankfully this one isn't a video monitor and I've never heard voices, but well... we'll see if it happens again lol.
    We used to have a video one for my daughter. One day suddenly started hearing music coming from it and it freaked my daughter out when she heard it. Me as well b/c well, I had no idea that it even had that function lol.
    It was just malfunctioning though. Had one time when daughter was spending the night with her grandparents. By then the whole thing was glitching all the time and kept going off. We were procrastinating taking it down. I heard the same music coming from the monitor that was in my room, looked at it and saw her staring back at me from the monitor. Lordy that made me jump and creeped me out, but it was just a still picture it had happened to freeze on from whenever.
    I swear our home isn't haunted rofl. Even if it was, my kids are too noisy so you'd never notice any ghost banging on stuff :P lol

Diet is still a nice big ole mess right now and /shrugs It is what it is! :)
    Christmas is only like 2 weeks away. Good lordy. But after that... new years and time to kick this butt all over the place!!!
  • LiLee2018
    Back to it again... at least back to carnivore right now to get my body to dump some of this weight I just gained back lol.
    Not OMADing just yet. THat's going to come with the new year. Honestly probably won't be doing it every day at first, but I'm going to try harder to do it more often.
    My brain just still struggles w/ the whole fasting thing. Even though I feel fine doing it most of the time, it is damn hard getting out of the habit of wanting to eat at certain times.

Going to try my best to keep cheating to JUST Christmas. Maybe Xmas eve too, but that's it. No more of this week long or almost week long cheatfest.

My body is just all too willing to pack the pounds back on and moderation is not in my brain & body's vocab. So back to keto it is until Xmas and after that... in to the new year!

Now to just get myself hyped up enough to start exercising too. Fasting and exercising.... my 2 biggest obstacles right now. I'm seriously going to try my best to reach or get damn close to my goal next year and I know including those 2 things will help tremendously. They're just HUGE mental hurdles that I'm struggling with.
  • LiLee2018
    Dang yall. I am having a good hair day right now! Something I haven't had in a long time.
    Changed up shampoo and conditioner.
    Cold weather always dries my skin out so I get A LOT of dandruff during this time which is embarrassing as heck when you have dark care. Couple that w/ my thinning hair, the dander has become REALLY noticeable.
    Was using head and shoulders which didn't seem to be doing much of anything, so picked up some selsun blue.
    Also picked up a conditioner as well. Dove derma scalp stuff? It was all in the same section at Walmart.
    Anyway.... my hair feels flipping FANTASTIC right now!
    Soft and bouncy. I can't even remember the last time my hair has felt this way. Hopefully using this stuff keeps it feeling this way.

Lol.. just really excited about that :pensive:

In diet news... already getting a headache. Awesome... Just took some ibuprofen so hopefully that helps.
    Not really feeling hungry, but I know the cravings usually start 2 or so days back on and being carnivore right now... I can imagine my cravings are going to be worse. Heck, keto flu might be worse too. Guess I'll find out soon enough!
  • LiLee2018
    dark HAIR... not dark care.
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    I LOVE A GOOD HAIR DAY! That's the best <3
  • volgirl1322
    Good hair days are awesome!!! I have natural curls and usually straighten mine bc I hate it but lately I have been super laze and just gone with the curls ---everyone is like OMG your hair ---whatever :neutral:
  • LiLee2018
    My good hair day is no more. Running my hands through my hair too much made it prematurely oily! lol oh welp. It was nice while it lasted.

Yesterday went well! I'm not strict carnivore or anything. I had my coffees and seasoning and hot sauce lol.
    Was not really feeling dinner though. Nice big juicy ribeye that was tender, but didn't even eat half of it. Just completely lost my appetite w/ the first bite. Shared the rest of it w/ my kids who must be going through a growth spurt right now b/c they had just gotten done eating their own dinners.

Did experience a headache and a general getting sick feeling, but thankfully ibuprofen helped w/ the headache and nothing came from the sick feeling so yay!
    So far so good today. Feeling ok so far. Although that might change b/c DH thinks he's getting sick and didn't mention it until AFTER he had kissed me. Thanks a lot! :neutral:

Pimples galore right now though. Eating bad= SO many ugly cystic pimples popping up on my face. I get hormonal little ones around my chin before ttotm, but these were definitely different. One popped up right on the tip of my nose. Have one on my cheek now and had a couple pop up around my mouth looking like cold sores. So attractive!
  • LiLee2018
    Gloomy gloomy day and I always get extra tired days like this. Wonder if it's instinctual? Like I'm sure most wild animals outside hunker down and don't do much during days like this.

Anywho.... diet was good yesterday. Had 2 hamburger patties w/ cheese and a little bit of hot sauce. Also had some SF jello and super not carnivore lily's milk chocolate chips lol.
    Oh well.
    I was mostly carnivore for the day so I'm fine with it :)

Didn't sleep well last night. Just kept tossing and turning for no reason, then while I was trying to get back to sleep after using the bathroom... old poopy dog decided he needed to use the bathroom too... in the bedroom.
    It was early enough that I could take another melatonin and while it did help, I still slept bad.

Our old poopster. He's either 12 or 13yo now. Frenchie/Boston mix
    uc2ygmb7ojnz.jpg

And bonus the other 2 pups

Chihuahua/Yorkie mix 4 almost 5yo.... 3lbs of shaky nervous chihuahua fury! Lol j/k he's sweet, but definitely a nervous little guy. I think we'd all be if we were as tiny as he is. Impossible to get a photo of him bc he doesn't stop moving or he's all curled up somewhere.
    cpzy2eclish2.jpg

And our biggest youngest pupster 3yo. Mutt and just a giant sweetheart. Same age as my youngest and he lets him just crawl/sit/hug all over him.
    ez9tzricmu2q.jpg

• mistymeadows2005
    AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH they're so cute!!!! I WUV WUV WUV dat lil old guyyyy <3 the Smushy facies just melt my heart <3 I love himmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

The other fur babies are just as adorable - I do love me a chihuahua mix too ;)
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Sooo much cuteness right there!!! <3
  • LiLee2018
    Woooo yall..... I'm gonna have my work cut out for me next year. I'll just leave it at that. This end of the year is well... it's throwing caution to the wind lol.
    I'm gonna have A LOT of work to do next year lol.
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,111 Member
    I love a good hair day :+1: Your doggies are soooo cute! <3
  • volgirl1322
    OMG OMG all your fur babies so cute!!!!!! Love love....... <3
  • LiLee2018
    So I've made 6 batches of sugar cookies the last 3 days... 4 of those were just last night for my daughter to take to school today to pass out to all the adults lol. I don't think I gave her enough, but it was already a bag full of 3 cookies per baggy and she's only 7 so she couldn't carry that much more weight lol.
    Oh well. Hopefully a lot of the employees end up getting some b/c dang.. they are delicious cookies!!
    I wish I could take credit for the recipe but nope, it came from America's Test Kitchen. We had a sub to their paid recipes for a short time and this was one of the recipes. It's SO good.

Sugar Cookies

Makes about 12 cookies

2 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
    1/2 teaspoon baking soda
    1 teaspoon baking powder
    1/2 teaspoon table salt
    1 1/2 cup sugar, plus about 1/3-1/2 cup for rolling
    2 ounces of cream cheese cut in to 8 pieces
    6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and warm
    1/3 cup vegetable oil
    1 large egg
    1 tablespoon milk
    2 teaspoon vanilla extract

350 oven. Parchment paper on baking sheets. Middle rack in oven.

In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, set aside.

In a large bowl, add 1 1/2 cup sugar & cream cheese chunks. Add the melted WARM butter to the bowl and mix. It will be lumpy.

Add in vegetable oil to the sugar bowl and whisk together. Add egg, milk, vanilla and whisk until smooth or as smooth as you can possibly get it.

Add in the flour mixture and mix it all together until well blended and forms a soft dough.

Place the 1/3-1/2 sugar in a small bowl or plate.

Use a small #40 ice cream scoop (about 1.5-2 tablespoon) for the dough. Roll in to ball, then roll in the sugar. Place on parchment paper. Should be able to get about 12 on the baking sheet.

Take the bottom of a clean glass (or something else flat like it) and press the cookie dough balls until about 2 inches diameter.

Sprinkle tops of the cookies w/ a little more sugar.

Bake 10-13mins. DO NOT over bake! The cookies should NOT be browning completely. If they are, they're overcooked. The egdes should be just starting to golden slightly when you take them out. They may not look like they're actually done, but they are!
    11 minutes should be perfect for most ovens and for the size of the cookies described. If your cookies are a little larger or smaller, then obviously may need more or less time to bake.

Take out of oven, let cool on the cookie sheet for 5 min, then remove to a cooling rack.

Phew!
    Lol... Instructions make it seem like they're difficult to make but they're really not. SUPER easy to make for a fantastic cookie. If baked correctly, it should be a little crispy on the edges and soft and chewy in the middle.
    I also just used salted butter for all of mine and it didn't change the flavor at all.
  • volgirl1322
    Yum those cookies....I do something similar called angel cookies and they are amazing and one batch makes like 6 dozen cookies and the dough freezes well if you don't make them all at once!!!

• LiLee2018
    Woops.... that should've said makes about TWO dozen cookies... not just a dozen lol
  • mistymeadows2005
    NOM NOM NOM I love a good sugar cookie! Same w shortbread - something about the simplicity and buttery sugary ness goodness <3
  • Abm4n
    Abm4n Posts: 529 Member
    Your inflatable Christmas props are so funny!