TEAM: Gutbusters (December)

Options

Replies

• BonnieHosk85
    BonnieHosk85 Posts: 2,552 Member
    Options
    Remember, this is week 5. We will not start weigh-ins for January until Sunday. (@BB_1033, I've got your week 5 weigh-in.) Here's the thread if you'd like to go introduce yourself. If you are an active member in December you do not have to rejoin. You will be automatically rolled over.
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10777095/team-gutbusters-january#latest
  • BB_1033
    BB_1033 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Remember, this is week 5. We will not start weigh-ins for January until Sunday. (@BB_1033, I've got your week 5 weigh-in.) Here's the thread if you'd like to go introduce yourself. If you are an active member in December you do not have to rejoin. You will be automatically rolled over.
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10777095/team-gutbusters-january#latest

Lol oops, I didnt mean to post for January early haha
  • looneycatblue
    looneycatblue Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    looneycatblue
    Dec 30, Week 5
    PW: 168.0
    CW: 167.8
    Went up a total of 1.6 in December... need to reverse that in January!
  • Colleen790
    Colleen790 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    craigo3154 wrote: »

I posted this on my FB page today wearing the same top and jeans. I'm hoping to be able to post an "after" photo in December of 2020 as well.
    ba768gyvce5w.jpg
    @BonnieHosk85. Awesome work. Gradual weight loss is generally the one that remains.

Look forward to the Dec 2020 pic where there is less of you again.

Wow. Great progress Bonnie. You look great!
  • BonnieHosk85
    Options
    @BB_1033, :smiley:

@looneycatblue, nice loss! You are going to rock January! :star:

@crystalbarton31, great! :star:

@Colleen790, thanks!! :heart:

• fe452436
    fe452436 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Sorry!I was away for three days.I did not check in.
    I attended a program .I had to sit and listen for the whole day.Ate more carbs than usual for lunch and dinner.
    My mother is coming to see me for a week.
    Also excited for the New Years. Have lots of goals and this time more determined to achieve those.
    Sleep study was conducted 2 weeks ago.And I have sleep apnea.Again they say weight loss can help improve the condition.
    Looking forward to be more mindful in eating and regular in exercise this coming year.InshAllah.
  • Cspdb3
    Cspdb3 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes, 30 min elliptical
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    Colleen790 wrote: »
    @craigo3154 Thanks again for the tips and good advice. I actually prefer to exercise at home but with the high temperatures here in Australia I thought I'd go to the gym for the air conditioning mainly. Yes, I followed that "Eat more to lose weight" idea that was being pushed at the time. Eat back your exercise calories. MFP friends saying you need to eat more. Doesn't work for me.

@Colleen790. The "Eat more to lose weight" idea has 2 underlying assumptions that most people miss:
    1. You are already eating WAY less than you should (ie. deficit of more than 2000kj (500 calorie) per day) and have been for over a month.
    2. The MORE you are being asked to eat is "good" food (particularly whole vegetables with fibre included).

If you have a BMI above normal, you almost always are carrying an abundance of stored energy that you body is capable of tapping into (adipose tissue / fat). Eating more slows down access to these energy stores. (There is WAY more to it than this, but this is the essence).

Metabolic damage is real, but takes A LONG time in SEVERE calorie deficit to occur (like in "The Biggest Loser" TV shows). Most never have the drive to push themselves willingly that far into danger.

Summary:
    • Eat less than you burn per day (TDEE) consistently to lose weight
    • To lose weight faster, do not eat back exercise calories

Calculating TDEE is difficult. Best we can usually do is refine the estimate based of observation and tracking. Ignore exercise equipment quoted calorie burn it is often quite exaggerated.

(Good guide for daily calorie limit is: https://www.sailrabbit.com/bmr/ (40yo 75kg 5'6" female estimated TDEE is 1724 kCal {7213 kj} - Moderate weight loss (0.5kg per week) target is 1224 kCal {5121 kj} )
  • Colleen790
    Colleen790 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    craigo3154 wrote: »
    Colleen790 wrote: »
    @craigo3154 Thanks again for the tips and good advice. I actually prefer to exercise at home but with the high temperatures here in Australia I thought I'd go to the gym for the air conditioning mainly. Yes, I followed that "Eat more to lose weight" idea that was being pushed at the time. Eat back your exercise calories. MFP friends saying you need to eat more. Doesn't work for me.

@Colleen790. The "Eat more to lose weight" idea has 2 underlying assumptions that most people miss:
    1. You are already eating WAY less than you should (ie. deficit of more than 2000kj (500 calorie) per day) and have been for over a month.
    2. The MORE you are being asked to eat is "good" food (particularly whole vegetables with fibre included).

If you have a BMI above normal, you almost always are carrying an abundance of stored energy that you body is capable of tapping into (adipose tissue / fat). Eating more slows down access to these energy stores. (There is WAY more to it than this, but this is the essence).

Metabolic damage is real, but takes A LONG time in SEVERE calorie deficit to occur (like in "The Biggest Loser" TV shows). Most never have the drive to push themselves willingly that far into danger.

Summary:
    • Eat less than you burn per day (TDEE) consistently to lose weight
    • To lose weight faster, do not eat back exercise calories

Calculating TDEE is difficult. Best we can usually do is refine the estimate based of observation and tracking. Ignore exercise equipment quoted calorie burn it is often quite exaggerated.

(Good guide for daily calorie limit is: https://www.sailrabbit.com/bmr/ (40yo 75kg 5'6" female estimated TDEE is 1724 kCal {7213 kj} - Moderate weight loss (0.5kg per week) target is 1224 kCal {5121 kj} )

Thanks. This makes sense.
  • craigo3154
    Options
    December 31
    Exercised?: Yes (5 km walk in 38 mins - hills - twice)
    Calories?: Yes
    Tracked?: Yes

Two walks today. So far under budget that I could drink an entire bottle of champagne and not go over budget (won't though).

Also wife made pavlova for dessert (my favourite).

Hope all have a great new year. Wishing all have a better 2020 than 2019 (even if you had a great 2019).

(Final weigh in tomorrow for me for December).
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options
    Message to all Team Members:

@BonnieHosk85.
    @looneycatblue.
    @crystalbarton31.
    @audreypawdrey.
    @BB_1033.
    @Coccolino30.
    @Kenyaa3.
    @shalvy2007.
    @SuzanneElizabeth16.
    @tuddy315.
    @craigo3154.
    @GLouis4.
    @inshapeCK.
    @Tickie99.
    @Colleen790.
    @flourchild225.
    @fe452436.
    @Keepingtrack1234.
    @Shewhoismany.
    @Cspdb3.
    @FatimaStartsAllOver.
    @Kiadams317750.
    @Matthewsfive.

This is the last week of the December Challenge. After this week, all members will be rolled over automatically into the January Challenge.

The January challenge thread is:
    TEAM: Gutbusters (January) https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10777095/team-gutbusters-january#latest

If you wish NOT to participate next month, please message me or tag me @AB0215 or your team captain.

Please view your team thread and post a brief introduction so others in the team can know who you are.

When viewing the thread, please "bookmark" the thread by pressing the "star" icon (it should turn yellow).
    3cu4npy62hfa.png

This way you can be notified whenever someone posts to the thread (your "bell" icon on most forum headers will show if there are any notifications).
    yop2unsw1ph1.png
  • BonnieHosk85
    Options
    Good morning! Today we’re looking for a weigh-in from:

@Kenyaa3
    @shalvy2007
    @SuzanneElizabeth16 - best reason ever to leave the group! Congratulations!! We look forward to seeing you back when you're able to be with us again!! :heart:
    @tuddy315

Please post using this template:
    Username
    December Week 5
    PW:
    CW:

• tuddy315
    tuddy315 Posts: 11,334 Member
    Options
    tuddy315
    December Week 5
    PW: 207.4
    CW: 210.0
  • shalvy2007
    shalvy2007 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Shalvy2007
    December week 5
    PW: 140.6
    CW: 139.7
  • BonnieHosk85
    Options
    Wonderful loss, @Shalvy2007!! :star:

Not a bad gain considering the holidays, @tuddy315!! :heart: I gained 5.4 but have all but 1.7 off already. We can do this!!
  • craigo3154
    Options
    craigo3154
    December week 5
    PW: 142.9
    CW: 141.3

Same weight since Monday (64.1kg). Trying to get to sub 64 (sub 140), but not today.

Started this month at 67.3kg, so 3kg in 5 weeks (over Christmas/New Year) I'll take as a win for me. (Won't win the TBL competition for December, not even for this team, but that is never the point).

I'm still not at my target weight (couple more pounds to go). I am expecting this to take at least 2 more months to achieve.

New day and New year. Hope to keep in my ideal weight range for the year (sub 65kg) and stay healthy.

Wishing all a great year ahead.
  • BonnieHosk85
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Putting Christmas away, cleaning, organizing for 45 minutes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

Happy New Year, fit fam! I hope you all have a fun, safe evening and a wonderful 2020! Many blessings to you all! :heart:
    53sanfi8fnzl.jpg
  • Kenyaa3
    Kenyaa3 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Kenyaa3
    December Week 5
    PW:251.4
    CW:253.2

Not where I wanted to be at the end of the year but I will never give up. Looking forward to tomorrow. Happy New Years Eve Team!
This discussion has been closed.