WAISTAWAYS - February 2020 Chat

Options

Replies

• micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,259 Member
    Options

Husband made this delicious meal tonight. Carne Asada with homemade chimichurri sauce, cucumber tomato onion salad, and brown rice. So beautiful had to share.

Your dinner looks scrumptious. What a great hubby. Thanks for sharing.
  • micki48
    Options
    Steps: 4,787

Is this for Sunday or Monday? I put it on Monday because of the date, but I don't have your Sunday steps. I looked and couldn't find them.
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    @micki48 Steps: 2nd Feb - 4140, 3rd Feb - 4751

Today's been a good one:

More than 7 hours' sleep - check
    Exercise (SELF 2020 Challenge, Day 23) - check
    Logged all my grub - check

Water intake and steps taken could have been better, but.... I'm still in it!

@bunnybuns1111 That meal your hubby cooked looks sublime!
  • YinxFed
    Options
    "I've enjoyed participating in the current moderators challenge. This is Day 3 - What are your biggest influencers in your current weight loss journey?"

And here's my submission:

Day 3

Biggest Influencers:

1. MFP - even when I leave, I'm drawn back. When I leave off logging, it all goes a bit wobbly (literally) and when I return to logging, I tend to lose (eventually).
    2. I belong to a few Facebook groups with an exercise / fitness focus. I find these forums very influential.
    3. Dr Jason Fung's The Obesity Code opened my eyes to the way we treat the consumption of sugar.

Good night, folks!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,086 Member
    Options
    Tuesday is flying by!

I did not make it online this morning - I did a good Pilates workout (it was a tough one today!) and then had to run down the hill to go meet a friend about a collaboration we might be able to make. She is a Norwegian fibre artist and painter who has lived here in Québec for quite a long time. Her husband is an art therapist from this area, and our daughters are the same age. We have known each other for years, but just recently got inspired to work together. I find her weaving and textile creations are easily translated into sound - so we're going to have a blast trying stuff out, even if it goes no further than giving us some pleasant hours together.

So now I'm catching back up! Still two weigh-ins from yesterday needed:
    @ElleBellesTheoBear
    @Juliemargaretkim

And three due tomorrow:
    @offitgoes
    @evelynladams527
    @cedarfoxy
  • ddmiddleton2
    ddmiddleton2 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    So I met my goal of logging my food and drinking 70 oz water today. I still couldn’t convince myself to get up and work out this morning. It’s frustrating to me because I’m motivated and eager to work out the next morning when I go to bed but then I wake up within an hour of my alarm going off and I change my alarm to later because “I’m so tired and don’t feel like working out”. I don’t know how to fix this negative cycle.
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Feb 4 Water Check-In: About a liter today. Not the best, but not nothing.

It was a rough mental health day for both of us, a bunch of bad stuff and bad news and bad feelings, so we didn't go to the gym. Turned out to be kinda good cuz there's a massive car accident just across the street and the weather has taken a turn for the slippery. I hate winter driving. Nothing, not even my weight loss or fitness goals, are worth risking my life on icy roads.

No temptation to eat fast food at least. Had a nice chicken and rice meal.

Trying to save calories for the 18th. =P
  • bunnybuns1111
    bunnybuns1111 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    @ddmiddleton2 that was also me this morning. I had planned on getting up early and going to spin class at 0500 but I couldn’t do it. Reset my alarm and went back to bed for 2 hrs. I had to go to the gym after work today. I didn’t feel like it but once I got there I got my energy to workout. Did 45 minutes on the elliptical.
    I feel like I have so much more energy for the day when I do go to the gym in the morning and I feel so much better about my day when I do but it is sooo hard for me especially in the winter.
    Diet was as planned for today and water was good today.
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Steps: 3,540
    Busy day - half at work then a three hour math class. I’m feeling more comfortable with the concepts so we’ll see how it all works out over the next few months.
    I plan to get more exercise during work tomorrow, and I’ll start walking to and from by the end of the month, good weather provided.
    Have a great sleep everyone!
    Ev
  • micki48
    Options
    Today was pretty good. I got up and did a 14 Pilates workout. Logged everything and ended up under. Dinner was great- Fiesta chicken chowder. Had my daughter’s family for dinner. Then, bounced on my big ball for 42 minutes while yelling at he TV during the SOTU. Very cathartic. Going to try to get up early and do a workout first thing tomorrow so I better head off to bed now. Night all.
  • lovethyneighbor
    lovethyneighbor Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    STEPS
    0e98f3jvwxeu.jpeg
  • Gidgitgoescrazy
    Gidgitgoescrazy Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Steps for 2/4 = 6704

I thought yesterday was aerobics day, but it was strength day.. So I started a new strength routine, it's called stong curves, it was fun.. EXCEPT I can't do a proper side plank to save my life... I am able to do it on my knees, but not a full one.. and this is why I need to mix in some pilates in the morning, I obviously need more core work...

This morning I did a 17 minute pilates mat work video and 8 minutes of Barre from the app... Hoping my abs and glutes are a little sore tomorrow, or else I will be sad, because 25 minutes of that was TOUGH...

Yesterday we had turkey pot pies for dinner, they were super yummy. When I used to make them I would put the pie crust in like a pie, ya know, bottom, top and sides. the bottom and sides were my absolute favorite part, I mean who doesn't love a pie crust soaked in turkey gravy... lol... Anyway, now I just put the crust on the top, so it's not horrible, it's 432 calories for one.. I use mini aluminum loaf pans to make them, so it's very easy to calculate the serving size, and calories..

Have a great day !

• juliemargaretkim
    juliemargaretkim Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    PW: 137.0
    CW: 136.0

I'm here and I've got a whole pound loss to report! LOL! Considering there was ANOTHER birthday party for my hubbie on Saturday (a "joint" one this time for him and a good friend), and the Superbowl Party, and a ridiculously busy week so far at work.

I'm thinking of retiring, and yet, they keep putting me on committees! I'm on Academic Standards, rewriting the probation levels, I'm writing a new course with others (an integrated reading and writing course to get students into the college writing course with the tools they'll need to be successful more efficiently and effectively -- how's that for a line?) and now, I'm on a "we're rewriting the shared governance" part of the Senate by-laws -- can you contribute? We'll be done by April st, btw....(sure we will!) It's all about meetings, meetings and more meetings. Funny, I keep thinking that when I retire, NO ONE will want to meet with me anymore-- how will THAT feel?! LOL! Hope all is well -- I'm not taking time to read any of the posts, but I'll try to catch up this week. I'm HAPPY about the loss -- but really, it's got to go Dowwwwwnnnnnnn!
  • AmyRobF
    AmyRobF Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was good! I did eat back most of my exercise calories but it’s a start. I need to go.... off to try some Pilates! 🤩
  • micki48
    Options
    @Gidgitgoescrazy Your turkey pot pies sound amazing. And side planks are really hard. Working that core will have you handling them in no time.

@AmyRobF Yay for you. Glad to see you checking in and you’re right it’s a start. You can do this.
  • YinxFed
    Options
    Evening friends! Another good night's sleep - I was delighted! All food logged - check. I only have 20 ounces of water in the tank so I need to work hard to get more liquid in me before bed, which is probably only 5 hours away.

So this was also a good day - had a lovely conversation with my son in Virginia over Skype. I finally felt good enough to work a half day (thank goodness I work for myself, and from home!) - I had some household chores to do for the other half of the day.

Happy Hump Day, Team!
  • micki48
    Options
    This morning I did a 17 minute pilates mat work video and 8 minutes of Barre from the app... Hoping my abs and glutes are a little sore tomorrow, or else I will be sad, because 25 minutes of that was TOUGH...

@Gidgitgoescrazy Vikki, do you use the Balanced Life for Pilates workouts? I know someone somewhere said they did. I know Liselyn does and I do too. Getting a little better with that wonderful program. It is amazing how a little time does so much for your body.
  • Gidgitgoescrazy
    Gidgitgoescrazy Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    micki48 wrote: »

@Gidgitgoescrazy Vikki, do you use the Balanced Life for Pilates workouts? I know someone somewhere said they did. I know Liselyn does and I do too. Getting a little better with that wonderful program. It is amazing how a little time does so much for your body.

No, this morning I did a Leslie Sansone Pilates video, but I also have a bunch of other ones, I'm not sure who they are by... You wouldn't believe the amount of exercise videos I own, several still sealed... lol... I had good intentions...
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    @offitgoes While away, where were you eating at? As in restaurants or you brought w/you? If out give it a few days for any Na retention to go away. Have found this an issue.
This discussion has been closed.