Options
    GLouis4
    February Week 3
    PW: 179.0
    CW: 178.7
  • looneycatblue
    looneycatblue Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    I have noticed that many of us have been struggling this month, is there something in the air?
    I started to write about some family issues I am having, but this is not the place. However just starting to write it out (and then erase), was nice. I need to get back to my brisk morning walks for my own mental health!
  • looneycatblue
    Options
    @Keepingtrack1234

Do you want to add 20+ minute daily walks as a mini-challenge this coming week?
    I know I need to do this!
  • Keepingtrack1234
    Keepingtrack1234 Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    @Keepingtrack1234

Do you want to add 20+ minute daily walks as a mini-challenge this coming week?
    I know I need to do this!

Sounds good to me!!
  • Keepingtrack1234
    Options
    Exercise: yep, but nothing heavy
    Tracked: yep
    In budget: NOPE. And I am totally ok with that. :) It was a hungry day and that happens sometimes!!! Need more protein but cest la vie.
  • inshapeCK
    inshapeCK Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    inshapeCK
    February Week 3
    PW: 139.1 pounds
    CW: 137.0 pounds

Super stoked about losing 2.1 pounds in just 1 week!
    Happy to be back down to 137.0 pounds.
    Down 33.1 pounds from my highest weight in June 2016.
    Need to re-lose 2.8 pounds to get back to my June 5th weight of 134.2 pounds.
  • BonnieHosk85
    BonnieHosk85 Posts: 2,552 Member
    Options
    @tuddy315, you're in my thoughts. :heart:

We made it to Florida safe and sound. The funeral is tomorrow. It's going to be a sad day but we'll celebrate the life my father-in-law lived. He was 89 years old, married to the same woman from age 19 years old to when she passed two years ago ... for a total of 68 years! Incredible stuff. He passed on Valentine's Day and I'm sure the Lord allowed him to give his dear wife a dozen roses on their reunion. :heart:

Feb 18:
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Recumbent bike, 20 minutes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
    Feb 19:
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Walking Ollie, 25 minutes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
  • Keepingtrack1234
    Options
    Good morning! HAPPY FRIDAY JR! :)
    Today we’re looking for weigh-ins from:

@Colleen79
    @flourchild225
    Please post using this template:
    Username
    February Week 3
    PW:
    CW:
  • Keepingtrack1234
    Options
    inshapeCK wrote: »
    inshapeCK
    February Week 3
    PW: 139.1 pounds
    CW: 137.0 pounds

Super stoked about losing 2.1 pounds in just 1 week!
    Happy to be back down to 137.0 pounds.
    Down 33.1 pounds from my highest weight in June 2016.
    Need to re-lose 2.8 pounds to get back to my June 5th weight of 134.2 pounds.

awesome loss, woot!!!
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    February 20
    Exercised: Yes (walk 3km in 23 mins - hills)
    Tracked: Yes
    Budget: Yes

Long day - insomnia meant early start (4am) - 11:15 and only just finished days work. Client meeting int he morning.

Lots of travel and walking (well over 10,000 steps today).

Managed walk before evening phone conference (really needed).

Have weigh-in data. Small gain (anniversary and stress). Will post details tomorrow.
  • kiadams317750
    kiadams317750 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Kiadams317750

Hi team, I am really struggling with my choices again this week. For the last three months I have been losing and regaining the same ten pounds over and over again. When I eat clean I physically feel much much better. I have a serious sweet tooth though and I give in and eat sugary treats like cake and cookies in quantity. I know what to do and I will reset myself but how do I stop it from happening again? Down about it
  • looneycatblue
    Options
    Kiadams317750

Hi team, I am really struggling with my choices again this week. For the last three months I have been losing and regaining the same ten pounds over and over again. When I eat clean I physically feel much much better. I have a serious sweet tooth though and I give in and eat sugary treats like cake and cookies in quantity. I know what to do and I will reset myself but how do I stop it from happening again? Down about it

I know how you feel, you are not alone. I ate healthy all day yesterday, then out of boredom, after dinner has some chocolate... which would have been okay but that wasn't enough, went on to eat 6 mint oreo cookies... really not needed, just they were handy. :s My plan is to start getting rid of the junk/my triggers around the house as much as possible. However I can't get rid of everything, my husband is a big snacker too. I just need to move the stuff where it is inconvenient for me to get to it!
    I would love to hear suggestions from you all. :)
  • BB_1033
    BB_1033 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Kiadams317750

I know how you feel, you are not alone. I ate healthy all day yesterday, then out of boredom, after dinner has some chocolate... which would have been okay but that wasn't enough, went on to eat 6 mint oreo cookies... really not needed, just they were handy. :s My plan is to start getting rid of the junk/my triggers around the house as much as possible. However I can't get rid of everything, my husband is a big snacker too. I just need to move the stuff where it is inconvenient for me to get to it!

Same! Even with Greek yogurt and fruit there's an insane amount of sugar and I tend to over do it at times as well
  • BB_1033
    Options
    I have noticed that many of us have been struggling this month, is there something in the air?
    I started to write about some family issues I am having, but this is not the place. However just starting to write it out (and then erase), was nice. I need to get back to my brisk morning walks for my own mental health!

Mercury retrograde ... I blame the moon lol
  • BB_1033
    Options
    Was off track over the weekend. Struggled to eat right this week. For years I've loved clean eating but this week I've been like ugh bleh lol. Now to find the energy to exercise again. Feeling like a zombie here lately. Glad to see I'm not alone lol. This too shall pass for all of us and we'll pull out of our funks. We got this...eventually lol
  • tuddy315
    tuddy315 Posts: 11,389 Member
    Options
    When I want something sweet, I immediately go and log it in before I eat it. If it fits, then I indulge. If not, then maybe half or a quarter will do.
  • Colleen790
    Colleen790 Posts: 813 Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Colleen790
    February week 3
    Was away to the Gold Coast last weekend.
  • audreypawdrey
    audreypawdrey Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Audreypawdrey
    February Week 3
    PW:134.2
    CW: 136

I think I was up due to strength training on Thursday and Sunday of last week. I didn’t eat crazy, and my weight has gone back down today. I was at 132.2 this morning!
  • Keepingtrack1234
    Options
    Kiadams317750

This has been a struggle for the past 20 years for me...maintaining is HARD and the ups and downs of weight loss are so helpful in learning what will work for you long term.
    When I am in a good spot, my "rules" are very simple. I don't eat after 6PM. (We eat dinner around 5/530, early I know!) When I am following this rule, life is better--my weight is stable, my mood is stable and I feel good. When I am consistently breaking it (not talking about date nights or nights with friends, but when I am breaking it time and again) then I don't feel good, my weight is up, all that jazz. Find a "rule" for yourself, remove temptations and stick to it. I generally follow this Sunday through Thursday, with F and S being more loose.
    I highly recommend a couple books about habits:

James Clear, Atomic Habits
    Gretchen Rubin, Better than Before.

A goal simply isn't enough; you need SYSTEMS (habits) to get you TO your goal. When you don't reach your goals, it's not a failure of the goal. It's a failure of your habits and systems.
    Sorry for the long response, I just have A LOT of experience maintaining weight loss lol!
This discussion has been closed.