Options

Replies

• BonnieHosk85
    BonnieHosk85 Posts: 2,552 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? 31 minutes walking Ollie
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

Funeral today for hubby's dad. Sad day but trying to focus on the positive of his good, long life.
  • Keepingtrack1234
    Keepingtrack1234 Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    Good morning! Today we’re looking for weigh-ins from:

@fe45243
    @keepingtrack1234
    @mayaVDM
    @zengen09

Please post using this template:
    Username
    February Week 3
    PW:
    CW:
  • MayaVDM
    MayaVDM Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    MayaVDM
    February Week 3
    PW: 171
    CW: 172.5

So sorry Team , my last week was not good at all.Eating while traveling not so easy for me. I'm catching up these days with clean foods.
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    February 21
    Exercised: Yes (walk 3km in 25 mins - city with backpack + more)
    Tracked: Yes
    Budget: Yes

Early start, wife drove me to the train station for a busy work day. Walk was from train station to client (also walked back to train station so well over 10,000 steps today)

Dinner at parents. Great to catch up.

Stressful day for daughter but managed to see her safely through it.
  • kaj848
    kaj848 Posts: 73 Member
    Options

Kaj848
    February Week 3
    PW: 161.6
    CW: 161.8

I forgot to weigh in yesterday. I have been non existent in this group lately. Life has been so crazy busy and I feel like focusing on my eating, let alone working out, has taken the back burner. I’m so busy taking care of family, started working full time this month (new for me) and exhausted due to a baby who is waking up at LEAST three times at night. All my extra time (haha) is spent studying for this certification exam I take next month. But all of those things are excuses! Life will always be busy. This month is extra hard but I can still take the time to log my food or to post daily in this group to be accountable. I’m starting today!
  • matthewsfive
    matthewsfive Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Matthewsfive
    Feb week 3
    PW 176
    CW 178.6

I'm a day early will not be home this weekend.

Not a good Month for me, even though I have been trying really hard to eat clean the scale hasn't been kind. But I really shouldn't complain this is the first month since last Jan 2019 that I mostly likely will not show a loss. I just need to figure a way to break through this wall and get the scale moving again.
  • flourchild225
    flourchild225 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    flourchild225
    Week 3
    PW: 125.8
    CW: 126.8
  • fe452436
    fe452436 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    fe452436
    February Week 3
    PW: 205 lbs
    CW:206.5 lbs

Sorry I missed last week’s weigh in.

Last week a sleep study was done to determine air pressure for the CPAp machine.For 4-5 days my head ached after that.Unable to get enough sleep as difficulty falling asleep and feeling very sleepy at the same time.

Also I went to Psychiatrist.Talked about cognitive therapy.I told her that those problems that started this are answered by my mother.Inspite of this I used to get it once a year.They gave me Olanzia long ago which made me fat.Then they changed it to Geodon and lexapro which I am taking for years.Now I don’t get anxiety/ depression ever.Main goal is solved but got two side effects.Insomnia when I miss medicine.And a life threatening breathing attack.She is suggesting to change geodon to Abilify.Changing medicine is risky.Breathing attack may continue and weight gain etc could be the side effects they say.

For pre diabetes I am taking 1000 mg of metformin in the morning and 1000mg in the evening after dinner.I will ask my doctor to check again doing A1C test one I lose some weight.On doctors scale my weight was 211 lbs.At home it is 206.5 lbs.I am following my home scale.

For back ache I have got a referral to Phisio therapy from my doctor.I will try to learn some new exercises.

With these things going on I have no choice left but to lose weight.And it is difficult for me.But inshallah try my best.
  • BonnieHosk85
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? No, planned pass day
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
  • kaj848
    kaj848 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Exercise: not today but I have a plan for tomorrow
    Tracked: yes, for the first time in awhile
    Stay within calories: yes
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    fe452436 wrote: »
    @fe452436. Thank you so much for sharing.

You have so much going on; cpap, insomnia, medication, back ache. Unfortunately there are no "easy" solutions.

Unfortunately Ambify has "increased appetite" or "weight gain" as a side effect (like Olanzia and Geodon). A change may not leave you worse off.

Your medication is really making your weight struggle an unhill battle. However the if it is successful in treating "emotional eating", this levels out the playing field if only a little.

As you are on metformin for pre-diabetes, then a keto or low-carb diet is strongly recommended. Not for weight loss, but for blood sugar control. Intermittent fasting is also a good option. A lot of medical professionals will NOT recommend this as there is a risk of dangerous hypoglycemic events (but this can be mitigated if you know the signs and catch them early).

Metformin is designed to keep blood sugar low, but if you can eat food that does not raise blood sugar in the first place, then the body has a chance to restore insulin sensitivity. Consequently you need to be REALLY careful of is hypoglycemic events. Know the your signs of such events and make sure you know how to deal with them.

Lastly, make sure your diet is high is foods that increase satiety (fats, protein, fibre (fresh whole fruit and vegetables)). Soups are also good for keeping you feeling full and having low calories/nett carbs.

Hope you can find a way forward.
  • BonnieHosk85
    Options
    Traveling home today so no weigh-in for me. Everyone is emotionally spent, tired, and our oldest son is sick and is driving 8 hours. I'd appreciate thoughts and prayers for our all-day journey. :heart:
  • Keepingtrack1234
    Keepingtrack1234 Posts: 911 Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Good morning! Today we’re looking for weigh-ins from:

allietuge
    Cspdb3
    BonnieHosk85--got it, thanks for the heads up. safe travels.
    Kiadams317750
    Matthewsfive--got it, thanks!

Please post using this template:
    Username
    February Week 3
    PW:
    CW:
  • allietuge
    allietuge Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    allietuge
    February Week 3
    PW:163.8
    CW: 164.8

Has not been my month
  • looneycatblue
    looneycatblue Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Traveling home today so no weigh-in for me. Everyone is emotionally spent, tired, and our oldest son is sick and is driving 8 hours. I'd appreciate thoughts and prayers for our all-day journey. :heart:

Prayers for your safe travels 💕
    Please let us all know when you and your Son are all safely home. I am sorry for your family's loss. 💔
  • fe452436
    fe452436 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for your advice @craigo3154
    I will start intermittent fasting from today and will continue it.I will ask my doctor to revise the dosage of metformin.Its more than requirement. Thanks again.
  • kiadams317750
    kiadams317750 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Kiadams317750
    February
    Week 3
    PW: ?
    CW: 262

I know I am up again. I appreciate everyone’s suggestions from my last post. I am not giving up. I started out at 390 in October 2018 so I will figure this out.
This discussion has been closed.