Replies

• jimboden3
    jimboden3 Posts: 308 Member
    Username: jimboden3
    Feb - Week # 3
    Weigh In Day: Saturday
    Previous Weight: 207.5
    Current Weight: 208.3

Disappointed to see a step backwards but not too concerned - 1 week doesn't make a trend.
  • skullsandskeletons
    skullsandskeletons Posts: 675 Member
    Daily post Saturday
    Tracked: yes
    Calories: over but not too bad
    Exercise: no but active day

Math says I should have a one pound loss for weigh in tomorrow. We will see!
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Username: LyndaBSS
    Weigh in day: Sunday
    Week: February week 4 (2/23)
    PW: 176.6
    CW: 173.6

• TwinMomma2019
    TwinMomma2019 Posts: 408 Member
    Daily post Sunday
    Tracked: No
    Calories: Way over
    Exercise: No
    Day: Very disappointed I didn't even track my calories. Nervous to step on the scale.
  • skullsandskeletons
    Username: skullsandskeletons
    Week: February week 4
    Weigh in day: Sunday
    PW: 193
    CW: 191

• midsummer174627
    midsummer174627 Posts: 386 Member
    Weigh In: 2/23
    Username: Midsummer174627
    FEB SW: 151
    pw151I think
    CW: 150.3
  • jupdyke
    jupdyke Posts: 325 Member
    Username: jupdyke
    Week: 3
    Weigh In Day: Saturday, feb 22nd
    Starting weight: 170.8
    Previous Weight: 143
    Current Weight: 143.4

Snuck up a little this week. I am still in my maintain zone, but shooting to lose some this week.
  • skullsandskeletons
    Daily post Sunday
    Tracked: yes
    Calories: under
    Exercise: no
  • skullsandskeletons
    Pearl4686 wrote: »
    I'm feeling pretty down. This month marks 1 year since joining mfp. I lost 30-35 lbs in the first 4/5 months and since then been losing and regaining the same 5 lbs. I just can't seem to get into THAT zone again. I remember at the time, when I joined, thinking I can lose all the excess weight in 1 year. Yet here I am 1 year later....
    URGH
    So depressing to think I could have easily lost that last 30 lbs if only I'd stuck to the plan...
    SW: 212
    CW: 179.9

Look at how far you’ve come. While you may not have lost more since the beginning,you have been able to maintain. This is a huge deal because it shows you have what it takes to maintain for the rest of your life. Please don’t give up! We all support each other.
  • TwinMomma2019
    Daily post Sunday
    Tracked: Yes
    Calories: Under
    Exercise: Yes. 25 minutes HIIT elliptical. 15 minute strength training (legs).
    Day: All last week I was pretty lazy and unmotivated because my weight was staying consistent. Well, it increased significantly this morning. I guess it all caught back up to me this morning lol. Nervous for my weigh-in tomorrow.
  • midsummer174627
    Daily Post Sunday
    Track: yes
    Calories (goal 1500): 2200
    Exercise: yes! Strength even
    Today: exhausted
    Daily Success: tracked, meal prepped

This weeks goals:
    * track protein and fiber each meal
    * pre track dinner every day
    * eat at deficit every day except Wednesday and Thursday and stay around maintenance those days
    * Gym 4X Mon: spin, Tue: strength, Thu: spin & abs, Sat: Yoga and Stairmaster
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Thank you @skullsandskeletons for your kind words. I feel like giving up (ate loads of cookies this morning, and cheesecake!) But I'll dust myself off and try again. You're right about maintaining, that is a good way of looking at it.
    No point giving up, I know what'll happen then!
  • TwinMomma2019
    Username: TwinMomma2019
    Weigh in week: February week 4
    Weigh in day: Monday
    Previous Week's weight: 168.2
    Today's Weight: 168.0
  • jwall309
    jwall309 Posts: 332 Member
    Hi team! This is our last week of the challenge, that being said I think I will step away as captain and from the challenge next month. I’m going to spend a month eating intuitively and really solidifying an exercise routine. I plan to not step on the scale at all if I can manage. My mental health just needs a break from the numbers. Not giving up on the journey, just restructuring it, and then deciding where to go from there. Might need to get back to tracking after that, but hopefully i will be refreshed and ready to tackle the last 20 pounds after a month break.

If anyone is interested in taking over the role and helping @AmyG1982 let me know! I’m also happy to answer any questions you might have.
  • midsummer174627
    jwall309 wrote: »
    I’m going to spend a month eating intuitively and really solidifying an exercise routine. I plan to not step on the scale at all if I can manage. My mental health just needs a break from the numbers. Not giving up on the journey, just restructuring it, and then deciding where to go from there.

I completely get that, that's somewhat what I've been doing after starting to realize how bad my relationship with food was and discovering the Half Size Me podcast and I'm only recently really coming back to the numbers in a new way. Good luck!
  • jwall309
    jwall309 wrote: »
    I’m going to spend a month eating intuitively and really solidifying an exercise routine. I plan to not step on the scale at all if I can manage. My mental health just needs a break from the numbers. Not giving up on the journey, just restructuring it, and then deciding where to go from there.

I completely get that, that's somewhat what I've been doing after starting to realize how bad my relationship with food was and discovering the Half Size Me podcast and I'm only recently really coming back to the numbers in a new way. Good luck!

Oh maybe i should listen to that! I am pretty panicked because the numbers have been a control issue for me for the past year and giving up that level of “control” is making me nervous. But i know i need to do that. Otherwise I’m going to end up burning myself out to the point of completely giving up. Since this is for a life, a month without numbers isn’t that long in the grand scheme of things so I’m trying to think of it in that framework instead of thinking how long this will prolong me from achieving my goal.

Thank you for the words of encouragement! Like i said not tracking really gives me anxiety but tracking is also messing with my mental health so i feel very stuck. Refocusing on exercise and having a balance approach to food outside of the number is what i hope will be the answer
  • inessliang
    inessliang Posts: 53 Member
    Hello people! Plz help. I would like to be in the March challenge as well- where to register, don’t want to miss it! Thank you in advance ;)
  • jwall309
    inessliang wrote: »
    Hello people! Plz help. I would like to be in the March challenge as well- where to register, don’t want to miss it! Thank you in advance ;)

Hi! You are automatically rolled over as long as you weigh in this week. :smile: your new starting weight will just be your weigh in weight this week.
This discussion has been closed.