Morena's accountability and "just talking to myself here" thread

Options

Replies

• Morena_2020
    Morena_2020 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I am definitely feeling it, even if I'm not seeing it yet, but I'm trusting the process. Just like one day I woke up and went, "JEEZ LOUISE HOW DID I GET THIS BIG?" I'm sure that one day I'll wake up and go, "Jeez Louise - I HAVE lost weight!" :D
  • volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    You will get there. There are still times when I see myself and I am like wow I have come a long way. I was brave and in my thread are some horrid pics of me at my heaviest....not proud about it at all but it shows me how far I have come. I think, just like we are super hard on ourselves (esp as women), we also are the last to notice the progress we have made. You get to where you want to be and find your new happy. It doesn't have to be a certain number, just where you are comfy. <3
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Options
    Yessssssssss you def will girl!!! And it's so hard, I STILL see myself much bigger than I am in the mirror - it's hard but you definitely will have AH HA moments <3
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel about this statement ("JEEZ LOUISE HOW DID I GET THIS BIG?" I'm sure that one day I'll wake up and go, "Jeez Louise - I HAVE lost weight!" :D)
    You will be saying those last words for sure, just stay strong!!! :)
  • Morena_2020
    Options
    Thanks, gals! I really appreciate all your words - they’re so motivating, as are your own individual journeys. It’s funny how this time around I’m not feeling particularly strong about this, or that I’m sticking to something. It just... IS. I have no idea what switch got flipped in my brain, but mostly it’s just a feeling of, “Oh - this is the way it is now.” I am so, so grateful for this. Not just because it’s made it easy, but also because it’s fixed an almost lifelong messed-up relationship with food.

Anyway. Last night’s meal: curried sausage and vegetable bake and garlic naan.

Have a great day/night everyone, and thanks again for being awesome!

c8uaon9lpuct.jpeg
  • volgirl1322
    Options
    That is such a good way to put it, "It just IS" love love love it..... <3
  • LadyBlanks
    LadyBlanks Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    You are so right. It is just automatic at this point. I only eat one meal a day. That meal is totally OMAD worthy.
  • Morena_2020
    Options
    Helloooo everyone! All good around here! Yesterday was another easy fast day - most of them are - and I met up with a group of friends for dinner. We went out for Korean. I had a nice bowl of bibimbap and we also shared some Korean friend chicken. We were in a festive mood (hadn’t seen each other in a little while) and I thought to myself, “Surely I deserve some dessert after such a great week and it would be nice to celebrate with dessert!” But after the dinner I didn’t WANT dessert. And I realised that the “I deserve dessert” attitude is one of the old thought patterns that has not served me or my weight, so that was that. No dessert, and no regrets.
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,113 Member
    Options
    I love korean food and will make Budae Jjigae once a while 🍲🤤 Great job in listening to your body. Keep up the good work and before you know it, you will be busy buying smaller size clothes. 😉
  • Morena_2020
    Options
    Well, bloody hell. Guess what happened to me this morning? MY TAPE MEASURE BROKE. So I had to get a new one and my measurements are completely different! It shouldn’t make a difference to me - as you can see, there’s definitely a downward trend there, and I’ve definitely made progress between the first day and six weeks later - but I’d be lying if I said that it didn’t affect the start of my day. Before the tape broke I saw that I lost almost 4cm off my waist, and which is what I was waiting for, but I have no idea whether this week I had a loss, maintained, gained, or what. 😩

x88ifl6ukcz3.jpeg

I had a wonderful weekend. Had friends over for afternoon tea on Saturday and that day was a 2MAD. Still, it was all pretty controlled and not for a second did I feel the need to go nuts. In fact, I didn’t even have anything sweet! I made these Chilean breads called “dobladitas”, which means “little folded ones” to honour my Chilean friend, and I had a couple spread with butter, and one with cream cheese and smoked salmon. Dinner was half the size of what I normally have, so all up a really regular day.

rem4n5hsdicg.jpeg

Yesterday was an OMAD but nonetheless a family celebration for my DIL and DS birthdays, and DS made pasta by hand - one of the things he loves to do. I made a duck ragú to go with it. It was pretty spectacular. So I had a few bites of antipasto, a nice bowl of pasta, a piece of homemade focaccia, salad, and a little birthday cake for dessert. The whole thing would have come to 2,000 cal, maybe? And worth the excess. 😄

Here’s a pic my daughter took because I forgot. The type of pasta is called “maltagliati”, which means “roughly cut”.

5jeykk9oqymk.jpeg

So that’s it from me. I’m now going to try to get out of this funk over my stupid measurements because I’m starting to feel the old “What’s the use” thoughts creeping back in.

• LadyBlanks
    Options
    Don't fret Morena. Like you said you are still trending down. As long as you continue to go down with your new tape measure you are doing great. It is always a bummer when you get a new scale or other measuring device and it differs from what you've been using. But regardless of which device you use, you are still losing and that is what really matters.
  • Morena_2020
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Thanks for speaking sense to my brain, Tracey! It really REALLY wanted to throw in the towel. (((HUG)))
  • LadyBlanks
    edited March 2020
    Options
    No problem Morena, we all have moments of doubt and need a little encouragement and we are all here to be that support for our fellow OMADers. You are doing a great job. Keep up the good work.
  • volgirl1322
    Options
    I totally agree with Tracey ---you will get there, and I am sure the trending downward will continue! You are doing great!!
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Options
    Yessssssss the trend is super important and you're heading the right direction - and your foooooooooooood look glorious!!!!
  • jadepearl
    Options
    Don't be so hard on yourself..look at your clothes...its no longer tight. Before you know it, you will be buying a smaller size. Furthermore, your know that you loose inches each week. So, even with the new measuring tape, you are still loosing inches. Also always check how you fit in your clothes..another proof that you are loosing inches :) Keep up the good work, gf! <3
  • Morena_2020
    Options
    Thank you thank you thank you everyone! You’re awesome. It was undoubtedly a downer but thanks to your encouragement I stayed the course and didn’t go down the “this is pointless” road. My mind is changing in so many ways over the last six weeks that this return to the old attitude took me by surprise, I guess. And I wasn’t confident that I could navigate it because I have succumbed to it so many times before.

One really good thing I’ve started doing is going for a walk at lunchtime! It’s not a fast walk because I have a knee injury, but at least I’m moving and it’s giving my brain and soul a bit of a break. Plus: yay endorphins!

Anyway. Here’s last night’s dinner: leftover duck pasta and focaccia. With the usual not-pictured salad, too. 😊

Have a great one, everyone!

duq0fzqza2ia.jpeg
  • jadepearl
    Options
    Glad to hear that👍😁 Even now, I still have the "I give up" thoughts and I guess it will come back now and then when there's a downer🤔 Walking is good, doesn't matter if its a slow or fast walk. May be you can use a pedometer and see if you can get in 10,000 step per day? Have a wonderful evening ❤️
  • Morena_2020
    Options
    Thanks, JP. I'm aiming for 6K-7K every day (I recently found out that 10K was an arbitrary number that doesn't mean anything!) and once I've lost more weight and can start seeing a physio I'll work up to more.

And so on to my daily report. I... kinda messed up last night. I have to preface it by saying that yesterday I was absolutely EXHAUSTED. Not a good fast day - I was hungry all day - and just wiped out. You know those days when you're counting down the hours until you can go home? That was me, and I even dozed off on the train. When I got home I was famished so I had a few crackers with butter and Vegemite while waiting for dinner... and then a few more... and then a shortbread cookie... and then half a slice of fruit loaf. For the first time since starting I was absolutely desperate for sugar, and just snacky stuff. I stopped myself, but you know, I could have absolutely kept going and going and going.

Sigh... not happy with myself.

Anyway. Dinner. We had Vietnamese-style pork bowls (there's rice under all this) and surimi with son-in-law sauce. (You normally have this sauce over eggs but I'm the only one in the house who eats eggs so surimi it was instead.) BTW, I didn't have any of the crispy bits! DH and DS enjoyed those. :)

Planning for a better day today! Have a great one, everyone.

iw6hegrvvllq.jpg
    4e6sgao4vpoo.jpg
  • foxtrot1965
    foxtrot1965 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Nice work on abstaining from sugar, it is my nemisis