WEIGHT NO MORE - February 2020 Chat

Options

Replies

• Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

I had a good day yesterday. My food was on plan and drank all of my water. It was a second rest day and my leg continues to fell good. It was a busy day and my MIL was visiting as well, so lots of running around. I can’t believe that March starts tomorrow!!

@nstephenson01 - I am so sad to see you go, but completely understand the need to step back. Really glad that you will spend some time with your husband. We are here for you any time and you are always welcome back. Just post or message whenever you need us! Wishing you all the best and sending a big hug.
    @mrsbell8well - Nice loss and love the spring theme chart!
    @Zumba_luva - Just a little gain there and you have been doing so great, so keep it going!
    @brown6267 - Nice loss and steps!
    @sleepymom5 - Great day yesterday and enjoy the show!
    @CassieGetsFit2013 - You are a beautiful young lady Cassie!! I know it can be hard to be objective about ourselves, especially when you are depressed. As you just have done above, try to focus on at least one positive. There are many, many positives if you just open your eyes a little bit! Oh to have your lovely hair and lovely skin!
    @tryingagain5 - Congratulations on the 50 lbs loss!! Good day yesterday and everybody needs a rest day and some extra sleep!
    @lennoncpa - Nice loss and little goals is the way to do it! Really nice that your clothes are looser too! Hooray for tax season as a motivator!
    @kumecyclingteam - Great loss this week and you are knocking it out of the park with the meal prep! It really does save time and makes healthy eating so much easier!
    @1theresamcvean - Your granddaughter is adorable and I loved that photo with the little tea set! My June race is in Niagara at the Niagara Women’s Half Marathon and 5 km. I have completed that Half twice before, but I don’t want to get ahead of myself this year and the 5 km will be more than enough! If I do a Toronto race, I will let you know! When the weather warms up a bit, we can try to meet up for a short run if we are both up to it?
    @Freeglerock - I am so sorry about your dog. It has been such a tough period for you. Just sending you a huge hug.
    @timibotkin - Sorry that you are having a bad week and glad we could be of service to cheer you up!!
    @pacsnc6 - Fantastic loss!
  • Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    @1theresamcvean eeeks I love your royal dalton Tink!!!! And your post! Ah your poor sister lol. Those are beige fairy slippers with an ivory Pom Pom that I bought at old navy. Someday I would like this room to be sage greens and violets. When we moved in I stole something from all other areas of the house to create this space. Some of the pillows were new but everything else has a fond connection.
    Stash chocolate mint tea just went on my grocery list.
    Pippa is soooo adorable and you know I’m swooning over that tea set!
    @Freeglerock I’m so sorry about the loss of your kitty. You have had your share of grief. My heart goes out to you.
    @brown6267 great job losing a pound this week!!!
    @CassieGetsFit2013 I learned a long time ago about the importance of self talk. We tend to believe the words we say and think. You might want to consider some positive affirmations to replace some of the negative self talk. I know it can be hard but it seems like there is always something we can be grateful for. Like beautiful hair 😉
    @timibotkin I have always had a theory about seasonal energies. It seems like winter is a time of illness, death, reflections, a time of burrowing and slowing down, regrouping and discoveries. Spring often brings hope, awareness, new energies and rebirth. I agree with @xX_PhoenixRising_Xx that Spring can offer some positive new changes for you. Your in my thoughts and prayers.
    @sleepymom5 WTG Pam!!! I loved how you played out the perfect math formula. You had a string of really good days=weight loss on scale. Great job. And yes I loved your idea of March Molly Month!
    I really enjoy all the little photos you post. They are always good for a smile!
    @KUMEcyclingteam ooohhh I love your prepared meals. Another math equation...good prep=results! Congrats on weight loss! What was in your food container? It looks so good.
    @lennoncpa you are an inspiration! I love your goals and the results that you have been achieving. I was just telling Molly how great it is to never feel like my pants are too tight. With this recent few pounds I gained I definitely was feeling tighter pants. Much much better today but I absolutely can relate! Do you have plans to get new clothes?
    @pacsnc6 great month of weight loss! I bet your pretty excited about March and seeing those 140’s! I can tell you 140’s are quite an achievement! Your almost there! Everything you’ve done has been a great achievement! Congrats!
    @GingerPwr you might want to try a local roaster for fresh coffee beans. We drink it black and really appreciate the taste of fresh coffee! I gave it up over a year ago but recently bought some decaf for a treat.
    @Zumba_Luvah it happens. March is tomorrow with a fresh start!
    @tryingagain5 sometimes the mental energy of accomplishing a goal can shake us up. Is it real? Can we keep it off? I try to watch for times that I’m hungry vs a little self sabotage. Your doing great. Very consistent with your posts! That has always helped me to get on track and stay on track!
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    vxdtdodswk73.jpeg

Just a reminder that we move to the new March thread tomorrow (link below)! No new team members yet for March, but please hop on the new thread and do an introductory post! Feel free to keep posting here today for February, particularly those of you weighing in today. Those of you posting your steps for this week can post them over in March tomorrow and I will do the step tallies later tomorrow. This February thread will be closed tomorrow morning. See you in March!

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10787087/weight-no-more-team-chat-march-2020/p1?new=1
  • GingerPwr
    GingerPwr Posts: 1,979 Member
    Options
    Wow this week flew by for me.

Had some foot pain Thursday and Friday, so I didn't run. I ended up with really bad tendonitis about 18 months ago, so I thought I'd better rest up. Feeling better today, so I'm running in a little while after breakfast settles.

It's weird that in just a few days, sweetness seems overwhelming to me. I didn't eat much candy and sweets to begin with, but last night I ordered cole slaw with dinner because I thought it would be healthy. There was sugar in it - I could taste LOTS of sugar. Couldn't finish it. I had a diet Dr. Pepper at an after school meeting - the fake sweetener was too much - couldn't finish it.

I'm sipping my black coffee as I write this and... it's not that bad.

@nstephenson01 we'll miss you but I'm glad you are getting to spend time with your husband!

@Cafelelia Glad you had a good day. Keep it up!!!
  • Mrsbell8well
    Options
    @pacsnc6 sorry about that. 140’s are wonderful but so is getting into the 150’s!!! I was projecting ahead for you lol!
    @Cafelelia I am celebrating your victory with you! You have come a long way with your healing. And your weight loss with all your crazy schedule!
    @rosieposiesrl glad to see your post. I know you have been dealing with a lot! Hang in there and good luck!
    @Freeglerock thanks for your comments! Would love to see your Australian opals. They say if you wear them it keeps their fire alive.
    @kirsten11872 hope your set up for a great weekend!
    @nstephenson01 are we going to do this together lol? Looking forward to seeing where we both are on April 1st!
    I’m sure I have missed other team members here. Trying to get in what I can before I begin work on Monday.
    Have a great weekend everyone!!!

One last thing...for anyone that try’s to stay supportive to each team member, this is quite a time commitment! I have taken over an hour this morning to post. Our team captains do this on a regular basis!!! Many many thanks again to @sleepymom5 and @Cafelelia! Your love and support is tremendous and greatly appreciated!!!
  • Mrsbell8well
    Options
    @nstephenson01 just saw your post! I am so excited for you. It should be a very interesting March. Please post when you can and good luck. Enjoy and have fun!!!
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    @CassieGetsFit2013 you are a pretty young woman, I agree with @sleepymom5 you should smile more. I too love your hair.
    @nstephenson01 Have a great time in Penn with your husband. You will be missed and we'll look forward to your return here.
    @Mrsbell8well I do look forward to the 140s as that's my ultimate goal but the 150s will be an achievement for me too. It's been a long time since I've seen those numbers on my scale.

Let's do this in March!
  • Zumba_Luvah
    Zumba_Luvah Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    @Mrsbell8well I know, it just stinks because I was doing really well the past few months. Now it's like im stuck. And now is not a good time to be stuck; summer is only a few months away!
  • kirsten11872
    kirsten11872 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    kirsten11872
    Week:4
    Weigh-in day:Saturday
    Previous weight:177.0
    Current weight:182.4
    +5.4🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️
  • tryingagain5
    tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    @sleepymom5
    The hydro massage bed is really nice. Every one who had that added to their gym membership can use it. It can be used for 12 minutes every 24 hours. It's timed and turns off after the time is up. It is really relaxing. There's also games or articles on the screen that can be read if you want. Sometimes I just close my eyes and relax and sometimes I play one of the games.

Doing better today and so far I'm on track.
  • tryingagain5
    Options
    @Mrsbell8well
    You're right. I do wonder if I can keep the weight off. So many times I've lost and gained so it's hard to believe it's real. That's probably why I don't get excited about the milestone numbers. Sometimes I do wonder if I self sabotage without actually realizing it.

Thanks! Posting here does help me too. I can be honest here and know that there is no judgment, just support.
  • tryingagain5
    Options
    @nstephenson01
    Have a wonderful time with your husband! You will be missed here but totally understand the need to step back for a while.
  • tryingagain5
    Options
    Saturday 2/29 check in
    Food: over
    Water: 64 oz
    Exercise: 10 minutes speed intervals on treadmill, 45 minutes bootcamp class

Since I didn't have to work last night and had nowhere to be this morning I was able to get to the class at the gym. I warmed up on the treadmill first. I haven't done a class since December. It was really hard. Working with my trainer is really hard too but in a different way. The class was a mixture of strength and cardio. Jumping
    jack's, jump squats, sumo squats, burpees, inchworm to name just a few of the exercises. I used the hydro massage bed after the class, then ran an errand.

One of my friends is out of town so I checked on her kitty this afternoon, then napped for about an hour.

Another friend in my condo complex hosted a community game night. She had several kinds of soups and bread and cookies. I brought some fruit and veggies. It was a small group but we had a great time. I had done well with food until I got there. Everything was so good I ate too much. I didn't look up the calories in what I ate so I'm not sure how much I'm over. My friend sent everyone home with soup so now I have a couple of extra meals so that's nice.
This discussion has been closed.