Replies

• pessxx
    pessxx Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    have a better day!! <3
  • volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    You are doing awesome!!!!! The meals look amazing....
  • Morena_2020
    Morena_2020 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Well, I didn’t feel like I was doing awesome last time I posted, but yesterday was better.

Also, I made the decision to stop measuring myself every week. MFP suggests once every two or four weeks and I’ve decided to go for the latter, just because I’ve noticed myself falling into old obsessive patterns. I don’t want them! For accountability I’ll keep posting here, and of course DH is doing OMAD with me, and we help keep each other honest.

Anyway, here’s last night’s dinner:

- Chicken burritos
    - Green rice
    - Refried beans
    - Salad

Super filling and I’m feeling good this morning. Onward and upward!

fl8ddyr9pvj6.jpeg
  • Healthylyna2020
    Healthylyna2020 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Your meals looks so delicious.
    I have been inspired a lot by reading through your journey. Thanks for sharing
  • volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    You are doing amazing.....I have never had green rice, what is in it??
  • Morena_2020
    Options
    Thanks, everyone. Much better days lately! And yeah - we do love our food and I do love to cook. 😊

@volgirl1322 You make a purée out of parsley, cilantro, green chilies, and onion. Sauté the rice, add the purée, stir it around a couple minutes, then add stock, cover and cook. It’s pretty easy. You can find the recipe here: https://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/mexican_green_rice/

Last night was steak night! DH cooked. Well... he cooked the steaks - I did everything else!

- Fillet steaks with roasted garlic butter
    - Smashed peas with bacon
    - Oven fries
    - Salad (not pictured)

DH as usual was over generous with the butter so I ended up having about half as much.

Have a great one, everyone!

1fvva08sylzk.jpeg
  • LadyBlanks
    LadyBlanks Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    You are definitely eating good. I am glad your days are better.
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,113 Member
    Options
    Your meals are always amazing and yummy! :yum: Hey, don't be so hard on yourself! You are doing well and do not give up. We always have good days and not so good ones. But, as long as your soldier on, you will reach your GW. Also, we are here to keep cheering you on! <3
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Mmmm steak and fries yummy :p
  • Morena_2020
    Options
    Thanks, everyone! Well, sorta a good day yesterday and sorta not. I did do OMAD, but I went out to dinner with my oldest friend last night, and that was a LONG dinner. You're at a restaurant, and you eat at the restaurant's pace! Still came in at around the 1500 cal mark so all OK but none of this one hour business. :p

Have a great weekend, everyone!
  • jadepearl
    Options
    Glad to hear that you had a wonderful time with your old friend :) Don't be so strict on your OMAD, its a lifestyle. You can always turn it to 20:4 when you are out with a friend. I find that if I am too strict with myself, I will just throw in the towel. So, I am quite flexi and go with the flow. 1500 calories is great because its always how much calories in and how much calories out that causes weight loss. :) Be careful when you go down to Melb. It seems that a lot of people are not going to the hospital when their fever doesn't subside. Just in - A doctor, who is in his 70s, worked at the Toorak Clinic in Malvern Road and consulted approximately 70 patients in five days, between March 2 and 6. This case takes Victoria's total to 11. :(
    Have a wonderful weekend <3
  • Morena_2020
    Options
    Hi everyone, just popping in to say hi! Still alive, still here, still OMADing (although weight loss has slowed right down - possibly the result of working from home these three weeks and not moving around so much).

Hope you’re all well!
  • jadepearl
    Options
    Glad to hear that everything is A-OK❤️ Not sure if there's school after Easter 🙄🤔 Some people are talking about Stage 4 as we are going into colder temperature🙄
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Hi to you too and glad you're doing ok :)<3