Options

Replies

• Shexio
    Shexio Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Steps:
    3/20( Tuesday) 9865
    3/22 wed. 10677

Not excited about covid-19 (how about C19 for short. A little worried about my kids since they are so far away from me (8 and 12 hours) . And our parents and Aunts/uncles are 70-80yr. Ugh. I pray it passes quickly. No one lives close to us. Not sure if that’s good or not.

Also concerned about how some people will live if they don’t have hours from work (fast food workers). I’m a programmer, I can work anyway but, if I were a burger flipper.... I’d be so worried.

Hope y’all are great. I read some of your stuff. I’ll check out the DD app
  • eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 681 Member
    Options

@jugar
    pw 177
    cw174
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    HEADS UP!

Wednesday weigh-ins:

@offitgoes
    @evelynladams527

May your calories be low, your fibre be high, and your energy abundant!

My fibre was up but my weight is down in spite of the still sluggish system I call “normal”.
    Off and running for the day! Happy Thursday y’all😘
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,080 Member
    Options
    Go Team! 8 out of 11 weigh-ins are in the GREEN this week! Well done :smiley:
  • Gidgitgoescrazy
    Gidgitgoescrazy Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Steps for 3/11 = 7472

Yesterday I just had a 30 min video on the schedule and once I got through 25 minutes I knew I wasn't gonna make my 7k steps for the day, so I backed the video up some and did an extra 6 minutes... Who knew I'd be so obsessed with completing my daily goals... Hell who knew I would ever enter a 5K !!! Although, they cancelled the 5K this morning, I completely understand and am very glad that decision was taken away from me... But I'm registered for it next year now, and I got a nifty shirt as a constellation prize..

Stay Healthy my friends, and remember... Wash Your Hands...
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Three of Husband's coworkers are in isolation after traveling and experiencing flu-like symptoms. So. That's promising. :/

Everyone is freaking out but I'm more worried about the economy than my health risk.
  • EvMakesChanges
    Options
    Steps for 3/11 = 7472

Yesterday I just had a 30 min video on the schedule and once I got through 25 minutes I knew I wasn't gonna make my 7k steps for the day, so I backed the video up some and did an extra 6 minutes...

You are amazing, @gidgitgoescrazy! I drove to work 6 minutes later than I wanted to arrive for private exercise on the ellyptical and instead, parked in the employee lot and forgot about exercise today and there you were, backing up the vid so you can get 6 more minutes of time to make your goal. Way to go! You inspire me.
    I'll aim to do better tomorrow.
  • EvMakesChanges
    Options
    Today is a good day and I'm eating reasonable servings and feeling a bit lighter. Keeping things simple is helping. I went to a farmers-helping-locals "market" on Tuesday and was given a bag with beets, corn, cabbage, and onions. Yum! I can't wait to make borscht and some other tasty things.
    So, I'm in the "at-risk" demographic and was starting to get nervous about a class I signed up to take in March (22-25). If I could drive, I would but, it's scheduled to be in Sedona, AZ.
    As soon as I spoke with a friend about it and asked for her pragmatic thoughts, I felt relieved. She supports my inkling to cancel out of the class, especially considering that the flight leaves Boston (where the Covid-19 is more active than a few days ago). It'll certainly ease up some of the rest of my concerns including getting school work done early enough to help drive my spouse to Wyoming in early May.
  • jugar
    Options
    Tales from the pandemic today - my fellow moderators have kids at home with no school, an elderly parent in ICU with (hopefully) an unrelated pneumonia, difficult elderly mom, crazy work schedules - after hearing all their woes, I did not feel so bad about my unexpectedly horrible stocking-up run. Because my DH is very high risk, we decided to do a modest amount of stocking up, but so did a LOT of other people. Our first confirmed case in the region was announced only yesterday, so the big store I went to today was packed with older people, and anyone else who was worried. No one was rude, people were beautifully patient in long lines, but MAN was I glad to get out of there. Of course, we then had to get all the stuff up our hill that we cannot yet drive up! 1950s Case tractor to the rescue. She is ancient, but she is mighty.

As hard as it is, I think cancelled events and trips are a good idea to help make this thing go away as quickly as possible. The economy then can recover and people can keep their jobs - I HOPE!! Courage, people. Help out others when you can.

As far as food goes, I did have some beautiful samosas from my fave market today (TWO only, and gave the rest to my son!), but it was also possible to score some gorgeous veggies to roast or blanch and freeze. I'll be busy tonight.

FRIDAY weigh-ins! They are coming up soon...

@jugar
    @AmyRobF
    @Pearl4686
    @Steph1498
    @mrs_chivonne
    @bunnybuns1111
    @conleywoods
    @robertefortier536
    @Shexio
    @evangsimmons170

off to the exercise bike so I can watch people having bigger problems than mine on a small screen while sweating and looking forward to my shower...
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    CW 212.8 (not sure how, it was 216 yesterday but will take it)
    @micki yes, exactly!! Want to leave a legacy if possible, not hard feelings & pain that they weren't thought of. But trying to avoid divorce as dh would go after my pension and want a buyout & that would leave me broke. I'm between a rock and a hard place!
    Went to the dentist yesterday pm and that kept me from eating afterward. No more eating after 6pm
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,257 Member
    Options
    Greetings. It’s almost Friday. Yay! Today was tough. I had a cranky toddler, have been reading way too much about COVID-19, and my bestie, who lives outside of Boston told me her husband has symptoms identical to those Tom Hanks wrote about. He works at a large international company where people often come to work not feeling well. I still have not done my Pilates.

I did have lunch with two former colleagues today. Delicious and very healthy. I’m almost at my step goal. I’m slightly over my calories, but as soon as I do the Pilates, I’ll be under. But I’m getting tired. Hugs to everyone. This week has been challenging wherever you are. Good luck to all those weighing in tomorrow.

@Gidgitgoescrazy Sorry your race was cancelled, but it’s for the best. And now you don’t have to decide. We all need to help so the cases of this virus flatten out. I think I know what I need to do about my trip. 😢
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Oh my! Sounds like chaos everywhere. Busy day at work. Wore my yoga pants and tennis shoes today which I don't normally do, just had a feeling. It was wild. So many moody kids and I got the crap kicked out of me by one of them. All school districts on the west side of my state are now closed for 6 weeks. Looks like our schools will be next. Crazy times for sure. I haven't logged any of my food today so I need to catch up but I know I will be in my calories. No time for extra eating today 😃
  • Steph1498
    Steph1498 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    What an interesting week. I had a lack of positive focus early this week and my youngest son was sick with Strep throat. Which made for twice daily bleaching of the household surfaces to prevent the spread to everyone - which has worked so far!! Now I am back to my running and Pilates schedule and have started to feel better all around!

The schools throughout Luxembourg will close on Monday for two weeks (to include my french classes). :o
    Groceries store shelves are looking sparse and everyone is getting ready to hunker down. I'm trying to think of a few ways to be productive with this time...

@micki48 here are my steps update for the week:
    3/8: 10,158
    3/9: 7,512
    3/10: 7,270
    3/11: 13,268
    3/12: 8,558

@jugar - I'm not too pleased with my red numbers but this is where I am today.
    PW: 166.6
    CW: 167.4
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday everyone,

I think that I'm finally caught up with all the news. I have just cancelled a weekend trip to a darling friend of ours that I've known for 30 years as she's quite high risk and I'd never forgive myself if we unknowingly carried the Covid 19 infection to her. So hubby and I are thinking of what fun things we can schedule to do - just the two of us and the dog. A super long forest walk is on the cards if the weather remains kind to us!

Have great days, everyone!
  • AmyRobF
    AmyRobF Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    PW 211
    CW 210

Reading all the posts has made me so sad. Everyone is going through so much right now. I pray and hope 2020 gets better for all! It always seems like when it rains it pours. I have a vacation planned in May/June to Mexico with @micki48 . Hopefully this all subsided before then and everyone can get back to their “normal”.
  • mrs_chivonne
    mrs_chivonne Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    PW: 152.0
    CW: 152.0
  • Gidgitgoescrazy
    Options
    Steps for 3/12 = 9505
  • jugar
    Options
    Well Friday the 13th is looking wild. Everything outside my door is thick ice now coated with a heavy slick of rain that is bucketing down with high winds. I am not going anywhere! But dear old hubby went off to run some errands this morning so that he can then just stay home for the next while. He left early, but the weather has gotten a lot worse. Hope he gets back during a lull in the rain :grimace:

You have cheered me with the numbers to enter in the spreadsheet, though -- SO much green this week. After last week, this one is going well at least on the weight loss front. @Gidgitgoescrazy is at the top of the leaderboard so far, with @eggfreak and @cory17 right behind her. Way to go, people!

I did better this week, but have to get some more exercise in today. Yesterday I only did a lot of running around, carrying heavy things up the hill, and then freezing and putting stuff away. Enough. I really need a good sweat, and then some soothing Pilates.

Keep well, dry, and sane --- you are all amazing.
  • Gidgitgoescrazy
    Options
    So our state has closed schools, and is not allowing any gatherings above 250 people... I'm good with all that, I'm not a fan of crowds or people, so staying home with the hubby and dogs is right up my alley... EXCEPT we need food, we don't keep much on hand as we are in a very urban area so it takes 5 minutes to run to the store, but I think we might to need stock up a little more, I don't wanna be stuck eating stuff I don't like, lol ... I suppose it will be best to go 1st thing in the morning...

Luckily last time we went to Costco, I bought TP, I actually thought we were close to out, but when I went to put it away, I realized we had 1/2 a big pack... DOH... I also got lysol wipes since they were on sale... Hand Sanitizer, I have a ton, I always buy a new bottle when we go camping, and we rarely use it, so theres probably 10 barely used bottles in the camping shed... I actually gave some I had bought for a cruise last year to the guys at work here, since they couldn't get any... I think it's horrible that people are hoarding those items and or selling them for profit on ebay and such... complete selfishness... Anyway, other than food we are in good shape...

We live 15 minutes from John Hopkins, and I was reading today apparently they have created their own test to test people for this, so thats good...

Remember to wash your hands ! :smile:
This discussion has been closed.