WEIGHT NO MORE Team Chat - April 2020

Options

Replies

• GingerPwr
    GingerPwr Posts: 1,983 Member
    Options
    @Mrsbell8well yes! Those are my new adjustable weights! Love them!
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,423 Member
    Options
    Lovely!
  • tryingagain5
    tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    @annliz23
    What a cutie! Hope he feels better soon!
  • tryingagain5
    Options
    @nstephenson01
    Thanks! The only thing I've been consistent with is exercise. Other things are kind of all over the place.
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    @nstephenson01 - this for you. My virtual sourdough workshop is almost over. My dough has to rise overnight. Will shape in the morning, let it rise again then bake. If I am successful, we will have it with cheese for supper! Here is my starter & the mixed dough from tonight

ikqpqd0p2pyo.jpeg
    9wc5otopi4hp.jpeg
  • tryingagain5
    Options
    Just got a text from my boss saying he's going to be calling between 8 and 10 am tomorrow with a short survey about volunteering, where we would be willing to work and on what shift and the reasons for not volunteering. That almost sounds like they're going to make us work. Not going to be thrilled with having to be around a lot of people who may or may not be taking this seriously.
  • xX_PhoenixRising_Xx
    xX_PhoenixRising_Xx Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    @annliz23 Welcome and hello to Alfie too. I hope he feels better soon.

@ProfDawnLee Hello and welcome to you also!

A quick intro from me... I'm Kristy, I'm 41, live in New Zealand. Married with 4 kids ages 16, 15 and 11 (twins). A few years back I lost 160ish lbs, started working as a Personal Trainer, but then I injured myself, was diagnosed with chronic pain and an eating disorder, and after maintaining my loss for a few years I gained a bit over half back.

I'm in recovery from everything now, still have some pain issues but I cope. My goal is health not weight. I learned the hard way that lighter isn't necessarily healthier for me. But, I do need to get a lot of this extra weight off!

Right now we're all in lockdown, kids are on early school holidays but will be learning from home again in 10 days or so. I am a Technical Writer working in Payment Compliance for a company that makes Outdoor Payment Terminals (when you pay for gas at the pump) and I'm working from home but the global situation is hairy on every front. Fun times for everyone.
  • xX_PhoenixRising_Xx
    xX_PhoenixRising_Xx Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Hey team, my kids want to share a challenge! You can do this at home and challenge yourself, the music is on Spotify "Bring Sally Up - Challenge"

It's pretty simple (😛👻), follow the music and go from plank to push up and back again.

I can't share the video, but here's a few stills of my teens. Because I'm evil, I made them do it with a Bosu Ball - makes it harder. (Throwback to my PT days, this was a favorite in circuits!) Most people just use the ground lol. Remember bum down and don't collapse!

rbp9l8ty08gg.jpg

akakrwjqrnpd.jpg

jzz0g8qhw549.jpg
  • hope002
    hope002 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Step challenge
    3/29 - 11,175
    3/30 - 1,535
    3/31 - 15,318
    4/1 - 2,810
    4/2 - 13,703
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,423 Member
    Options
    I will log my results in Sunday but so far after months of losing a pound and putting it back on again its looking promising 🤞

Hope - greats steps
    PhoenixRising - it's great you exercised as a family
    Cafelia- let me know how it turns out
  • brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    04/02 steps 5885
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,452 Member
    Options
    sleepymom5
    Friday
    Week 1
    PW: 198
    CW: 196.4

• Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone,
    My virtual sourdough making class last night was awesome! The class was run by a woman who owns a local kitchen supply store. In non-pandemic times, she offers the best cooking classes, taught by her or local chefs. I am only buying essentials right now, but I am so happy to support her small business. There were 50 of us in the class on Zoom! It was funny because we all looked the same: no makeup, no haircuts, roots growing out, wearing athleisure etc. I learnt a lot and it was also excellent for my mental health. My dough rose beautifully overnight. I shaped the loaf this morning and it is rising again. I will post photos a bit later. Fingers crossed!

@srw32 - Fantastic loss! Congratulations!
    @lennoncpa - Nice loss! I am allergic to dogs and cats, but I grew up on a small, hobby farm and love animals. Thanks to you posts, I am now constantly looking up hypoallergenic breeds of dogs!
    @Fi45 - You are not alone with the snacking and being out of a routine. We are entering into a new week and you can start fresh.
    @sleepymom5 - This is very good news about Jim and I keep praying for him. I think it is ok to think a few steps ahead because you need to prepare for those steps. I am happy that you and the girls are feeling well. Your friends and neighbours are so nice bringing the food, but do not feel the need to eat the unhealthy stuff. Take care and just check in when you want to.
    @annliz23 - Glad that things are trending positively! Your doggy is so cute!
    @xX_PhoenixRising_Xx - Fantastic idea to get your kids involved in that challenge! How long is that song? I have weak wrists for push ups & always plank on my elbows.
    @tryingagain5 - If your work is deemed essential, there may be state or federal laws that can mandate essential workers to be on the job. I really understand your apprehension, but also needing to keep your job. Perhaps it is time to speak to your doctor about the risks and if anything can be done in terms of a doctor’s letter. I really hope it works out ok.
    @mrsbell8well - That is a great idea to do some yoga with your team! Yes, I was feeling under the weather this week. No symptoms other than that but have been self-isolating anyway, even in my house. I cannot get tested here because there is a shortage of tests, which are used only for the highest risk people and front line workers. Because we are in a large city, we are all mandated to stay home, which I have been doing for 3 weeks. I started feeling better last night, but now have to wait for the proper amount of time to pass. Even after that, it won’t make a difference as we have to stay home except for essential food shopping etc.
    @GingerPwr - Thanks for posting a photo of those weights! How have they been for workouts? I am seriously thinking about getting some. We have a home workout area with free weights, but that space is in high demand with all of us home. So I have been working out in my home office, and need my own free weights. I just don’t want them to take up a lot of space.
    @ljdanny - A cute baby is a nice trade off for the home office! Maybe store those Easter goodies in a distant cupboard, high up. That way they are out of sight and it will take some effort to get to them!

This discussion has been closed.