TEAM: The Big Butt Theory (April)

Replies

• petrocoetsee
    petrocoetsee Posts: 829 Member
    Weigh in: 201 lbs
  • cmhubbard92
    cmhubbard92 Posts: 5,018 Member
    @GuessimGryffindor how are you doing through this? I am so glad you checked in!

@cmhubbard92 life got me like Thor post Infinity War😞 (someone posted a pic a few posts back) I was making steady progress and then total derailment I am currently at may heaviest ever. Need to get my head right and get my *kitten* together. No more or less stress than most so its time to get focused! Thanks for tagging me? I have been almost completely off MFP last 3-4 weeks. I’m ready to start putting the work back in![/quote]

@GuessimGryffindor I can totally understand where you're coming from! Just make small changes in yourself routine if you aren't ready yet! :) You can do it! :)
  • asha170880
    asha170880 Posts: 51 Member
    Sorry am late, no improvement this week.
    Weigh-in Day : Sunday, April 12
    Previous Weight : 147.27 lbs / 66.8 kg
    Today’s Weight : 145.95 lbs / 66.2 kg
  • cmhubbard92
    thedestar wrote: »
    Sat 4/11
    Tracking: yes
    Calories: no
    Exercise: no
    Water: 72oz

Sun 4/12
    Calories: yes
    Exercise: 22 mins stretching and a barre video from youtube
    Water: 96oz

Happy Easter everyone! We tried our best to enjoy the day staying home and had good food. The weekends are easier since my husband is home and the kids don't have to do schoolwork.

WRD- my name is Destiny. I'm a stay at home mom to 4 kids. For the time being I'm also a homeschooling mom 😉 This pandemic is reminding me to be so grateful for teachers. And not to take simple things for granted. It's given me daily opportunities to work on my patience but I'm still struggling with it. I'm trying to stay positive but I definitely have my moments when I lose my cool. I would love to use this time to learn a new skill but most of my time is spent helping the kids with their learning. I have learned a lot about zoom and google classroom! 😂

@cmhubbard92 Are you enjoying 21 day fix? I've done a couple rounds and enjoyed it and had good results. I've been thinking about doing another round when I'm done with my current program.

@thedestar I am definitely enjoying 21 Day Fix. I find it very challenging, but can make it through *most* if I use the modifications when I need to (which is most of the time). I did realise that I am doing the wrong calendar (following 21 day fix real time) instead of the one I am supposed to follow. I like the variety a bit more, we'll see what happens with it!

I am bad at having patience for so many things! I give you so much credit for remaining focused through all of this, as well as enjoying easter with your family!
  • cmhubbard92
    Today 167
    Previous 167
    Sorry!!! I'm up and down. I workout hard one day and log calories, the next day I don't work out and go over calories (and I missed logging 2 days this week). I have started to lift heavier weights, but it seems that it's increasing my appetite too. Fingers crossed for a better week. Good luck to everyone and Happy Easter!

@RoseyandReady Having a maintenance week is great! I hope this week is a better week for you 😊
  • cmhubbard92
    edited April 2020
    Krysless2 wrote: »
    Hi Team, HAPPY EASTER!!
    Hope everyone is doing well. If you haven't seen in previous threads every now and then our TBBT Team has a Weekly Roundtable Discussion in hopes to keep our team more engaged! This month has been difficult for most but one thing I have personally been able to do while cooped up is work on self reflection. I'd like to keep it simple and positive for this week's W.R.D.

Please remind everyone your first name. What is your occupation(you don't have to be specific about company names of course :)) What or how have you learned during this pandemic? How have you turned this covid19 lemon into Corona lemonade? Have you learned something new about yourself or about those who you are experiencing this pandemic with? Please share.

WRD:
    My name is Christine. I currently work in retail as a merchandiser. Currently, we are considered essential, and I am continuing to work overtime. One thing I have learned is that this will not go away if people keep going out to show-me have so many families coming into my work not buying anything, but touching everything and buying nothing.. Luckily we have begun limiting people, and will hopefully restrict to one-person per familh. I have personally been glad that I am working, so many of my friends are out of work and unsure of what will happen. I have developed a bit more compassion, I guess? I have learned that I personally want to stop buying *as much* from big box stores, and begin buying from local farms.

I did find out that there are several farms in my area(I moved in August, and am just finding this out now). I found one dairy farm, one that has several winter greens, local eggs, etc. I saw that our farmers market is still running. Allowing only 1 person per family on the green, and you must be spaced out at a minimum 6ft, allow the vendor to get your food(nobody else touching it), and pay via card to limit spread of germs. The farmers market was getting a lot of complaints about being open, but their prevention is 100% better than our local supermarket(plus it is outdoors). I will 100% attend on the weekend, or visit one of the farms after work. They definitely need our support right now, and always!
  • richmondwriter
    richmondwriter Posts: 683 Member
    Sorry, I've been hesitating to put my weigh-in as I gained weight. 4/12 Saturday was 142.4.
  • richmondwriter
    43wio1ntohds.jpg

This gave me a laugh--and a nudge to get on it.
  • richmondwriter
    4/10/2020 Weigh In
    Previous: 192.6
    Current: 188.6
    Loss: 4.0lb
    4/10/2020 Weigh In
    Previous: 192.6
    Current: 188.6
    Loss: 4.0lb

Wow, Christine--this is amazing! All your hard work is paying off! Congrats. :smiley:
  • klilev
    klilev Posts: 87 Member
    April 13
    SW 197.4
    CW 202.00
    + 4.6 lbs

Trying to get back on track this week. The last few weeks have been stressful and I have been trying to get into a new routine.
  • simbersea
    simbersea Posts: 1,248 Member
    edited April 2020
    4/12
    Logged:yes
    Under:yes
    Water:no
    Exercise: yes (biking)
    Steps: 8209
  • simbersea
    simbersea Posts: 1,248 Member
    WRD
    Hi Teammates, I’m Karen. I have retired from 2 careers (DEA agent and import business) and I am currently laid off from my 3rd career (indoor cycling instructor). My husband and I live on a lake on Texas, and so far we’ve been pretty lucky. We have lots of time to enjoy the nearly empty lake.

I have always kept a pretty full pantry, so we are going through that. Our local farmers market is taking phone on orders so it’s easy to pick up fresh fruits and veggies.

I was able to a “corona” trade with one of my neighbors. I traded a large pack of toilet paper and s pound of frozen shrimp for an electric hair clipper. So I’ve been cutting his hair and mine is permanently in a pony tail.

Overall, we’re okay. Lots of house projects getting done. I miss my friends but by the time I get to see them my house will look gorgeous 😄
  • cmhubbard92
    4/13/2020
    Tracked: Yes
    Under: Yes
    Exercise: Yes - 21 Day Fix (Day 8) - Cardio Fix (30 Minutes)
    Water: 113.8
    Steps: 9351 (currently)

Goals:
    9,000+ steps? ✔
    Prepared Lunch? ✔
    Only 1 Snack after dinner? ✔
    Yoga? ✔ 10 minutes
  • Krysless2
    Krysless2 Posts: 1,900 Member
    simbersea wrote: »
    WRD
    Hi Teammates, I’m Karen. I have retired from 2 careers (DEA agent and import business) and I am currently laid off from my 3rd career (indoor cycling instructor). My husband and I live on a lake on Texas, and so far we’ve been pretty lucky. We have lots of time to enjoy the nearly empty lake.

I have always kept a pretty full pantry, so we are going through that. Our local farmers market is taking phone on orders so it’s easy to pick up fresh fruits and veggies.

I was able to a “corona” trade with one of my neighbors. I traded a large pack of toilet paper and s pound of frozen shrimp for an electric hair clipper. So I’ve been cutting his hair and mine is permanently in a pony tail.

Overall, we’re okay. Lots of house projects getting done. I miss my friends but by the time I get to see them my house will look gorgeous 😄

Thank you for sharing!
  • Krysless2
    Hi Team, HAPPY EASTER!!
    Hope everyone is doing well. If you haven't seen in previous threads every now and then our TBBT Team has a Weekly Roundtable Discussion in hopes to keep our team more engaged! This month has been difficult for most but one thing I have personally been able to do while cooped up is work on self reflection. I'd like to keep it simple and positive for this week's W.R.D.

Please remind everyone your first name. What is your occupation(you don't have to be specific about company names of course :)) What or how have you learned during this pandemic? How have you turned this covid19 lemon into Corona lemonade? Have you learned something new about yourself or about those who you are experiencing this pandemic with? Please share.

WRD:
    My name is Christine. I currently work in retail as a merchandiser. Currently, we are considered essential, and I am continuing to work overtime. One thing I have learned is that this will not go away if people keep going out to show-me have so many families coming into my work not buying anything, but touching everything and buying nothing.. Luckily we have begun limiting people, and will hopefully restrict to one-person per familh. I have personally been glad that I am working, so many of my friends are out of work and unsure of what will happen. I have developed a bit more compassion, I guess? I have learned that I personally want to stop buying *as much* from big box stores, and begin buying from local farms.

I did find out that there are several farms in my area(I moved in August, and am just finding this out now). I found one dairy farm, one that has several winter greens, local eggs, etc. I saw that our farmers market is still running. Allowing only 1 person per family on the green, and you must be spaced out at a minimum 6ft, allow the vendor to get your food(nobody else touching it), and pay via card to limit spread of germs. The farmers market was getting a lot of complaints about being open, but their prevention is 100% better than our local supermarket(plus it is outdoors). I will 100% attend on the weekend, or visit one of the farms after work. They definitely need our support right now, and always!

I have looked into local farmers markets and my husband just found a local online butcher!! We're looking into it right now. We may all need to learn how to start a new mandatory hobby; hunting/farming/fishing? Ohmy!
  • Krysless2
    edited April 2020
    thedestar wrote: »
    Sat 4/11
    Calories: no
    Exercise: no
    Water: 72oz

Sun 4/12
    Calories: yes
    Exercise: 22 mins stretching and a barre video from youtube
    Water: 96oz

Happy Easter everyone! We tried our best to enjoy the day staying home and had good food. The weekends are easier since my husband is home and the kids don't have to do schoolwork.

WRD- my name is Destiny. I'm a stay at home mom to 4 kids. For the time being I'm also a homeschooling mom 😉 This pandemic is reminding me to be so grateful for teachers. And not to take simple things for granted. It's given me daily opportunities to work on my patience but I'm still struggling with it. I'm trying to stay positive but I definitely have my moments when I lose my cool. I would love to use this time to learn a new skill but most of my time is spent helping the kids with their learning. I have learned a lot about zoom and google classroom! 😂

@cmhubbard92 Are you enjoying 21 day fix? I've done a couple rounds and enjoyed it and had good results. I've been thinking about doing another round when I'm done with my current program.

Kudos to you Destiny! I can only imagine the struggle!
  • cmhubbard92
    Hi Team, HAPPY EASTER!!

WRD:

I have looked into local farmers markets and my husband just found a local online butcher!! We're looking into it right now. We may all need to learn how to start a new mandatory hobby; hunting/farming/fishing? Ohmy!

@Krysless2 that's awesome! I did find a butcher, but I am not sure if they use local meat. I did find a small market that does get their meat from a few towns away. I do plan on checking out both.

I did find one farm that does a CSA, and I am able to do their large weekly share, with a dozen local eggs, along with a bi-weekly half gallon of local milk for ~$32/week. I am discussing it with my boyfriend and may complete the sign up this afternoon! We'll see :)
  • Krysless2
    Oops!! I am slacking off!

Week3 Weigh-in
    Username: Krysless2
    Weigh in day: Mon, April13th
    Current week's weight:
    Week2: 157.8lbs
    Week1: 158.7lbs
    April Sw: 161.4lbs
  • Krysless2
    edited April 2020
    Mini Challenge
    Date: Mon, April14th:
    Yes Day
    Tracking: Yes
    UnderCalories: Yes, +231
    Exercise(20min): Yes
    Water: 90oz
    Steps: 12445
    MFP 5week prediction: 146.7
    DailyGoals CountOff:
    MUAC: 1 of 2days
    Water Intake: 1 of 2days
    Steps: 2 of 2days
    Intermittent Fasting: 0 of 2days

Mini Challenge
    Date: Sun, April12th:
    Pass Day
    Tracking: Yes
    UnderCalories: No, in the red -742
    Exercise(20min): Yes
    Water: 60oz
    Steps: 10850
    MFP 5week prediction: 156
    DailyGoals CountOff:
    MUAC: 0 of 1days
    Water Intake: 0 of 1days
    Steps: 1 of 1days
    Intermittent Fasting: 0 of 1days

I was never able to stay on target on holidays but when your in quarantine...seems a little easier to track and get right back on point the next day!
  • sekotsjd
    sekotsjd Posts: 40 Member
    Weigh in day
    PW 231
    CW 231

Another week with no loss. I am doing okay being AWARE of what I’m eating but haven’t been tracking becauSe I’m trying to learn how to live without tracking everything. Welp I’m not at my goal weight or size so back to detailed tracking!
This discussion has been closed.