TEAM: The Big Butt Theory (June)

AB0215
AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
Welcome to the Challenge new and returning teammates!! This is the conversation/weigh in thread for your Team :) Keep on losing because our first weigh ins begin THIS Sunday! I am here for you should you need anything - simply message me or tag me by putting an '@' just before my username (NO SPACES) and I will get to you asap! ~ Ashley @AB0215.

Replies

• richmondwriter
    richmondwriter Posts: 683 Member
    Good morning! I'm ready to start another month. I've got to get back on track.

Richmondwriter MUAC for 5/24:
    Tracked: yes
    Under: No (+232)
    Exercised: Yes, went on a walk in a hilly park with my daughter. :)
  • Krysless2
    Krysless2 Posts: 1,893 Member
    Hi there! @richmondwriter 🤗 I agree with your thoughts for June 100% but for your reporting on the Mini-Accountabily Challenge I wanted to gently nudge you back over to TBBTs existing May thread, if you start reporting here too early @brandi_84 might miss you when she checks off everyone for the last week of May.

We can definitely start moving the conversation over here this week though! It’s nice to start re-introducing ourselves here and welcome our newcomers to help get situated!😊
    Good morning! I'm ready to start another month. I've got to get back on track.

Richmondwriter MUAC for 5/24:
    Tracked: yes
    Under: No (+232)
    Exercised: Yes, went on a walk in a hilly park with my daughter. :)

• Xlivnfree1982
    Xlivnfree1982 Posts: 237 Member
    Good Morning Everyone..I hope I'm posting on the right page? I'm Slivnfree, I do track my food and water, I use a Fitbit for tracking my activity, and use challenges to stick with it. In June I start 30 shred and treadmill. Good luck Everyone!
  • LMK02020
    LMK02020 Posts: 175 Member
    Hi it’s Lauren. I’m rejoining the challenge again. I’m looking forward to a new month of actually mindfully eating and also eating within my allotment.
  • cmhubbard92
    cmhubbard92 Posts: 5,018 Member
    Good evening fellow members of The Big Butt Theory!!! My name is Christine, and I am your captain, along with my two co-captains, @brandi_84 and @Krysless2 . Just reach out to us if you need anything!

I am 27 years old and live in Connecticut. I am a dog momma to two dogs, an 1 year old puppy, Dillon, and a 10 year old goldendoodle named Roy. Both are my babies, and I look forward to unwinding with them each evening! When the weather is nice, I enjoy taking them to the park with my boyfriend, and walking some laps together around the walking path. I also enjoy taking walks in our neighborhood, and sometimes throwing some running into the mix(I have been very inconsistent with running, and would like to improve!)

I have been with The Big Butt Theory since February of 2019, and have been captain for quite a few months, now. I am here if you ever need help/support-feel free to friend me if you would like! I am not super active in the newsfeed, but try to be supportive when I am over there! :) If you need to grab my attention on this page, please tag me @cmhubbard92 :)

I look forward to kicking June’s butt with you all!

I will try my best to respond to all of your posts, sometimes it takes me a little while!!! :)
  • cmhubbard92
    Information on our Step/Water Challenge! This month these challenges will run weekly, Sunday(Starting May 31th,) to Saturday,(June 6th) to remain in line with the Mini Ultimate Accountability Challenge, and our weigh ins!

Weekly Step Challenge
    This is pretty simple if you track your steps at all(via phone, fitness tracker, pedometer, anything really). You select your own step goal each week and try to reach it. We have two categories for "winners" for the week- Percentage of goal completed, and highest total steps!

The Water Challenge
    This is a challenge to get you to reach 8 cups of water each day! The team all has the same goal. Aim for 8 glasses(64oz) of water per day, or 448oz or week! The winners in this category are determined by the highest percentage of water you drink!

Here is the spreadsheet
    Once you have been added to the spreadsheet, feel free to add your daily numbers in(of course, only for your username!) I do my best to try to keep up, but admit that I may miss a few logs here and there!!! :)

IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN JOINING THE STEP OR WATER CHALLENGE, PLEASE TAG ME IN YOUR POST @cmhubbard92 ALONG WITH YOUR WEEKLY STEP GOAL(not daily) AND I WILL ADD YOU TO THE CHALLENGE! :)
  • petrocoetsee
    petrocoetsee Posts: 829 Member
    Hi, my name is Petro. I am from Johannesburg, South Africa. I was part of the team for a few months, but "left" due to inactivity. Codvid and the extreme lockdown in South Africa got to me (mentall) and the only contest I participated in was to see how much I could consume. The 2 month lockdown resulted in ±10kg gain. I am however back, trying to stay on track and being part of a group where you measure and record your results, helps to keep me on track.
    @cmhubbard92 , Christine, I will join the step and water challenges. Water is going to be difficult as it is winter in South Africa, and today is VERY cold. Anyway, very cold according to my standards, probably not as cold as what those of you that are used to snowy winters regard as cold.
  • cmhubbard92
    Hi, my name is Petro. I am from Johannesburg, South Africa. I was part of the team for a few months, but "left" due to inactivity. Codvid and the extreme lockdown in South Africa got to me (mentall) and the only contest I participated in was to see how much I could consume. The 2 month lockdown resulted in ±10kg gain. I am however back, trying to stay on track and being part of a group where you measure and record your results, helps to keep me on track.
    @cmhubbard92 , Christine, I will join the step and water challenges. Water is going to be difficult as it is winter in South Africa, and today is VERY cold. Anyway, very cold according to my standards, probably not as cold as what those of you that are used to snowy winters regard as cold.

@petrocoetsee I am glad to have you back with us! Please let me know what your weekly goal will be for steps, and I will add you to next week's spreadsheet! :) I am wishing you the best success this month, Petro! :)
  • cmhubbard92
    LMK02020 wrote: »
    Hi it’s Lauren. I’m rejoining the challenge again. I’m looking forward to a new month of actually mindfully eating and also eating within my allotment.

@LMK02020 Lauren, as I said before, I am glad to have you back with us! I just tagged you in the registration thread so you can post your starting weight (I don't want you to be skipped!) :)
  • cmhubbard92
    Good Morning Everyone..I hope I'm posting on the right page? I'm Slivnfree, I do track my food and water, I use a Fitbit for tracking my activity, and use challenges to stick with it. In June I start 30 shred and treadmill. Good luck Everyone!

@Slivnfree1982 Welcome to the team! Feel free to join us in our challenges! Just tag me if you are interested! Wishing you the best for June's challenge! :)
  • cmhubbard92
    edited May 2020
    Give Yourself 30 Days
    "30 days from now you're either going to be BLOWN AWAY by how much you've improved in how you look, feel and perform. OR, you're going to regret not having done your best. THE CHOICE IS YOURS!"

The beginning of a new month of The Biggest Loser challenge is a great time to give yourself a new goal list that you wish to accomplish in the next 30 days! I know that our team has been struggling for the past two months-some of it we have no control over! However, there ARE things we can control over this next month to become more successful during this difficult time!

1. Give us a list of goals you wish to accomplish by the end of the June Biggest Loser challenge! These should be attainable, realistic, and not overly aggressive. Feel free to use goals such as steps, exercise, limiting certain foods, etc.
    2. Create a mini plan on how you will accomplish your goals! You do not need to share this with us, but write it down somewhere that you will remind you what your goal is!
    3. Change/add one positive to your daily/weekly routine! Maybe add an extra glass of water, cut the sugar out of one cup of coffee, or replace chips with some fruit, maybe give yourself one compliment while looking at yourself in the mirror. Do something positive that may help your motivation during this month.

None of these are perfect ideas, but they're ideas to get you on the right path! :)
    ixf6epj6wyq7.jpg

Here is an example (these were my May goals, and I will be writing new ones for June!):
    Here are my goals:
    1. 9,000 steps a day, 5 days each week.
    2. Complete 2nd round of 21 Day Fix with minimal modifications.
    3. Accurately log food/drinks for the entire month. One day a week with flexibility allowed.
    4. Lose 3 pounds.
    5. Meal prep at least 2x a week

How I will accomplish my goals:
    1. Step goal: Keep moving.
    2. 21 Day Fix: Up 2.5lbs(to 7.5lb) on dumbbells, do weight exercises completely. Modify pushups/planks as needed, but try to do as much of full exercise as possible, before turning to modification.
    3. Log all foods/drinks. Weigh food when possible.
    4. Stay dedicated. The weight will come off ONLY if I eat less than I burn. I have 100% control over this!
    5. Try meal prepping on Saturday or Sundays for the week. It will make the week much easier for you.
  • petrocoetsee
    petrocoetsee Posts: 829 Member

@petrocoetsee I am glad to have you back with us! Please let me know what your weekly goal will be for steps, and I will add you to next week's spreadsheet! :) I am wishing you the best success this month, Petro! :)

Tks. Make it 50,000. It is winter here and quite cold. We are also so restriced with Covid lockdown rules and it is not always possible to get out and getting the step count up. We have some serioulys stupid, makes-no-sense-to-anybody-except-the-person(s)-thinking-them-out, restricting rules at the moment.
  • brandi_84
    brandi_84 Posts: 1,963 Member
    Hello team TBBT.
    Within the main weight loss challenge we have another optional, but highly recommended, challenge. It is called the Mini Ultimate Accountability Challenge, or the Mini Challenge. It is based on another MFP challenge group by the same name, or UAC.

The way it works is simple:

1. Log everything you eat that has calories in MFP.
    2. Stay inside your allotted daily calorie budget.
    3. Do at least 20 minutes of activity daily. This could be anything that gets you off the couch and being active: run, walk, cycle, swim, gardening, housework, yoga, gym, etc.
    4. Report each day on this thread (something to the effect of logged food: yes, under calories: yes, exercise: yes, and a brief description is nice)

****When you post your accountability, please put the date, or the day of the week to which you are referring. We are all in different time zones, and some people post in the evening for that day, and others post the next morning, so it gets confusing trying to decipher without a day or date. Thanks!!!*****

You get one free pass day a week (went over calories, could not log food, rest day, etc.) At the end of the week, if you have managed to be "accountable" (three yes's) for at least 6 of 7 days, you will be recognized on this thread as being in the Winner's Circle!

This strategy works for weight loss because it is based on CI<CO. When calories in are less than calories out, you stay inside your allotted daily calorie budget, and you will lose weight! And exercise is just good for you, plus it will burn calories and help with the calories out portion of the equation!

What's great about this challenge is that it works for everyone, as long as you are honest with yourself. There are no dietary restrictions, so you can eat whatever you like, and follow whatever plan you like. Your own daily calorie budget is set by you and MFP and you choose your own exercise and intensity of exercise! Plus it is a practice that can be carried beyond weight loss into maintenance! If you are having a bad week, a new week and a fresh start is just around the corner!

Consistency and new habits have been shown to be the keys to long term successful weight loss. Why not make the Mini Ultimate Accountability Challenge your new habit, that you do consistently!!

Week #1 for the Mini Challenge starts Sunday, May 31!
  • Xlivnfree1982
    Xlivnfree1982 Posts: 237 Member
    @cmhubbard92

Weekly Goal - Monday Through Sunday

Steps - 100,000 ( My job has me walking for about 6 hours a day/ 5 days a week on a decent day)

Water - 504 oz. a week (Going with Fitbit Suggestion of 72oz. a day!)

Hope I can accomplish these goals, if not I'll tweak it a little bit.
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    edited May 2020
    @cmhubbard92
    I am interested in both the step/H2O challenge
    As well as the mini challenge
    My name is Tami aka Murdog3t
    I am 54 yrs young. I was in this group last year but life got too crazy and I couldnt keep up. I was injured at work 7/18 and have not fully recovered . I was back at work but now they are forcing me to retire due to my injuries.
    I live in California and have worked as a SUpervisory registered nurse for 30+ yrs at the local state hospital ( for the mentally ill)
    I am looking forward to getting back in the swing of things
    My goal is to lose 3-5 lbs this months an keep it off
    I choose yoga, meditation, walking and HIIT as my exercise of choice( can’t weight train since the injury)
    I have been logging food since 2013 but missed a day and had to start my days logged over it was heartbreaking
    Step goal 6000 steps per day this week
    H2O 76-88 oz this week

I hope that was all I was supposed to say I dont know
    Happy hump 🐪 day
  • cmhubbard92
    @cmhubbard92

Weekly Goal - Monday Through Sunday

Steps - 100,000 ( My job has me walking for about 6 hours a day/ 5 days a week on a decent day)

Water - 504 oz. a week (Going with Fitbit Suggestion of 72oz. a day!)

Hope I can accomplish these goals, if not I'll tweak it a little bit.

@Slivnfree1982 awesome! I have added you to the step/water challenge! :)
  • cmhubbard92

Tks. Make it 50,000. It is winter here and quite cold. We are also so restriced with Covid lockdown rules and it is not always possible to get out and getting the step count up. We have some serioulys stupid, makes-no-sense-to-anybody-except-the-person(s)-thinking-them-out, restricting rules at the moment.

@petrocoetsee I totally understand! Our lockdown is a little whacky here to, despite them lifting restrictions. We're currently in phase 1 with many rules!
  • cmhubbard92
    murdog3t wrote: »
    @cmhubbard92
    I am interested in both the step/H2O challenge
    As well as the mini challenge
    My name is Tami aka Murdog3t
    I am 54 yrs young. I was in this group last year but life got too crazy and I couldnt keep up. I was injured at work 7/18 and have not fully recovered . I was back at work but now they are forcing me to retire due to my injuries.
    I live in California and have worked as a SUpervisory registered nurse for 30+ yrs at the local state hospital ( for the mentally ill)
    I am looking forward to getting back in the swing of things
    My goal is to lose 3-5 lbs this months an keep it off
    I choose yoga, meditation, walking and HIIT as my exercise of choice( can’t weight train since the injury)
    I have been logging food since 2013 but missed a day and had to start my days logged over it was heartbreaking
    Step goal 6000 steps per day this week
    H2O 76-88 oz this week

I hope that was all I was supposed to say I dont know
    Happy hump 🐪 day

@murdog3t I am so glad to have you back with us Tami!!! I think it is very unfortunate that your job has forced you to retire! Also, losing your streak is a real bummer! You've got this, though! I am wishing you the best in this next month! :) I will add you to the spreadsheet for 42,000 steps :)
  • DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,445 Member
    @cmhubbard92
    I think I'll join the MUAC and Step and Water challenges this month.

Step: 84,000 (12,000 per day)
    Water: 64oz (8 glasses per day)

Still need to decide on my goals for June.
  • brandi_84
    brandi_84 Posts: 1,963 Member
    Hello TBBT
    My name is Brandi. I'm 35. I am one of Team TBBT's co- captains. I am a stay at home/home school mom to a teen. My teen and I have been working out together most week day mornings. Having a workout partner makes it a lot more fun. I like to think that the extra laughs we have together burns a few extra calories.

I am super excited for June. I am making a new fitness plan for the month to include more strength training into our week. I love strength training and I love arm day. I cycle through different ab routines. But I tend to skip legs because I don't know what exercises to do. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Also, I have been putting more effort into making more balanced meals.

I am looking forward to getting to know our new teammates and I am happy to have our continuing teammates still here this month.
This discussion has been closed.