TEAM: The Big Butt Theory (June)

Replies

• mhassan160
    mhassan160 Posts: 312 Member
    I miss you team 😍
    Here is me Maha , just finished my spring semester and ready for work 💪
    @cmhubbard92 I will be in the steps challenge 7,000 steps a day 35,000 steps 5days a week and the water challenge.
    My goal for June is to reach 210lb now I’m 225lb so I want to eat clean and no fast food for 30 days
  • DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,380 Member
    brandi_84 wrote: »
    Hello TBBT
    My name is Brandi. I'm 35. I am one of Team TBBT's co- captains. I am a stay at home/home school mom to a teen. My teen and I have been working out together most week day mornings. Having a workout partner makes it a lot more fun. I like to think that the extra laughs we have together burns a few extra calories.

I am super excited for June. I am making a new fitness plan for the month to include more strength training into our week. I love strength training and I love arm day. I cycle through different ab routines. But I tend to skip legs because I don't know what exercises to do. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Also, I have been putting more effort into making more balanced meals.

I am looking forward to getting to know our new teammates and I am happy to have our continuing teammates still here this month.

Sounds fun!! Wish I had a workout buddy. As for legs, lunges and squats, and then more lunges and squats. LOL You can do forward, reverse, lateral, curtsy, one legged, or any number of lunges. If you have a short wall or some other stable surface you could do step-ups, those are great. I'm all about leg day, arms not so much. :-)
  • brandi_84
    brandi_84 Posts: 1,963 Member
    Good Morning Everyone..I hope I'm posting on the right page? I'm Slivnfree, I do track my food and water, I use a Fitbit for tracking my activity, and use challenges to stick with it. In June I start 30 shred and treadmill. Good luck Everyone!

@Slivnfree1982
    Welcome to team TBBT. Glad to have you here!
  • brandi_84
    brandi_84 wrote: »
    Hello TBBT
    My name is Brandi. I'm 35. I am one of Team TBBT's co- captains. I am a stay at home/home school mom to a teen. My teen and I have been working out together most week day mornings. Having a workout partner makes it a lot more fun. I like to think that the extra laughs we have together burns a few extra calories.

I am super excited for June. I am making a new fitness plan for the month to include more strength training into our week. I love strength training and I love arm day. I cycle through different ab routines. But I tend to skip legs because I don't know what exercises to do. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Also, I have been putting more effort into making more balanced meals.

I am looking forward to getting to know our new teammates and I am happy to have our continuing teammates still here this month.

Sounds fun!! Wish I had a workout buddy. As for legs, lunges and squats, and then more lunges and squats. LOL You can do forward, reverse, lateral, curtsy, one legged, or any number of lunges. If you have a short wall or some other stable surface you could do step-ups, those are great. I'm all about leg day, arms not so much. :-)

@DaffyGirl88
    Thanks for the suggestions! I'll will put those into my leg plan.
  • shellyscb
    shellyscb Posts: 34 Member
    @cmhubbard92

Hi everyone! I’m Shelly, 51 with about 45# to lose. I live in Maryland, am blessed with a wonderful family (hubby and daughter) and our dogs. I’m newish to MFP - dabbled here and there over the years but I need to get this weight off for good and simple calories in vs calories out makes the most sense to me - done with fads,etc.

I would like to do the MUAC and Step Water challenges - sounds fun and motivating.

Steps - 50,000 per week
    Water - 64 oz per day.

June Goals:

1. Meet or exceed my weekly step goal. I have to build back up to my old walking habits.
    2. Lose 5 lbs.
    3. Increase veggies and fruit.
    4. Make my minimum water goal of 64 oz a day.

I’m keeping this realistic for me which should help me to be consistent and successful this month.

How will I do it - I’ll track and stay within my calorie goal. Make sure that I am getting 7k steps in a day by walking at work, walking the dog, and using the treadmill. I’ll carry my water bottle with me so I have no excuse not to drink. I’ll make smoothies to up my veggies and some fruit (once my refrigerator is fixed - don’t ask - ugh!).

I’m really looking forward to this and getting to know all of you!
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    @cmhubbard92, put me down for the step and water challenges as well. My knee has been bothering me, so I am going to dial down my steps for this first week to 56,000.
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    JUNE GOALS - Just Give Me 30 Days.....

.....and I will weigh 5 pounds less, ideally, or weigh anywhere in the 170's!!

.....and I will have completed three days each week of beginner strength exercises

.....and I will have graduated from the 3lb. hand weights to the 5 lb. hand weights in at least some of the above beginner strength exercises

.....and I will have consumed at least 2 litres of water daily

.....and I will have logged my food and stayed at a deficit for at least 27 days

.....and I will have achieved at least 8,000 steps daily

How am I going to accomplish these goals? I am going to borrow a phrase from Nike, and JUST DO IT!!
  • cmhubbard92
    cmhubbard92 Posts: 5,018 Member
    @cmhubbard92
    I think I'll join the MUAC and Step and Water challenges this month.

Step: 84,000 (12,000 per day)
    Water: 64oz (8 glasses per day)

Still need to decide on my goals for June.

@DaffyGirl88 I have added you to the step and water challenge! I am glad to have you with us again this month! :)
  • cmhubbard92
    mhassan160 wrote: »
    I miss you team 😍
    Here is me Maha , just finished my spring semester and ready for work 💪
    @cmhubbard92 I will be in the steps challenge 7,000 steps a day 35,000 steps 5days a week and the water challenge.
    My goal for June is to reach 210lb now I’m 225lb so I want to eat clean and no fast food for 30 days

@mhassan160 I am happy to have you back with us, Maha! I will add you to the step challenge! You can do it!!!
  • cmhubbard92
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    Hello, team The Big Butt Theory! I have decided to come back to the fold as there are still a few familiar faces here and I have figured out how to lose weight again!!

Hi, my name is Lisa and I am from southwestern Ontario. I am a 54 year old wife and mother of two grown sons (one at home because of this lock down) and I was a member of TBBT for two years. Except for the first few months where I did great personally, I was here only in a cheer leading and administrative role. I was completely not invested/focused, whatever you want to call it, on my own health. Well, you can only go through the motions for so long, and then you have to walk away, so that you can ultimately come back with a clean slate. I quit the group and MFP at the end of November (or October, I just forget). Thought I would get through the holidays and a work trip to Panama City in January (rough, I know!) and then see how I felt to return in February. Even though I had been logging in daily (reading, not tracking calories) since early in the New Year, I was not ready. Then I had a bronchitis type virus for three weeks starting on February 22nd. About the time that went away in mid March was when the stay at home orders started. I knew I couldn't hibernate during this quarantine, and not cross over the Onederland threshold, and I had just spent three weeks pretty much at home, so I was ready to change things up. My SIL told me about an on-line wellness group (meditations, workouts, gratitude exercises, etc.) that she was going to join for April. I looked into it, and the cost was $197.00. Well, for that price (or almost!) I could get a new pair of New Balance shoes and start walking. So, that's what I did. I made April 1st my restart date, and began logging my food and walking for about 20 minutes a day. I was only over my calorie limit three times in April and four times in May and I have lost (as of last weigh-in) 11.6 pounds.

Looking forward to continuing my losing ways and helping team TBBT take the June crown! I am also looking forward to reconnecting with some old familiar faces and getting to know the many new ones!! Here's to a great June for all of us!!

@HASWLRS I am so happy to welcome you back, Lisa! I am so happy for your latest results! I see that taking time away from the group was really the best thing for you to get back on track! I am also very happy to see that your foot has been much more cooperative with you!!!
  • cmhubbard92
    shellyscb wrote: »
    @cmhubbard92

Hi everyone! I’m Shelly, 51 with about 45# to lose. I live in Maryland, am blessed with a wonderful family (hubby and daughter) and our dogs. I’m newish to MFP - dabbled here and there over the years but I need to get this weight off for good and simple calories in vs calories out makes the most sense to me - done with fads,etc.

I would like to do the MUAC and Step Water challenges - sounds fun and motivating.

Steps - 50,000 per week
    Water - 64 oz per day.

June Goals:

1. Meet or exceed my weekly step goal. I have to build back up to my old walking habits.
    2. Lose 5 lbs.

I’m keeping this realistic for me which should help me to be consistent and successful this month.

How will I do it - I’ll track and stay within my calorie goal. Make sure that I am getting 7k steps in a day by walking at work, walking the dog, and using the treadmill. I’ll carry my water bottle with me so I have no excuse not to drink. I’ll make smoothies to up my veggies and some fruit (once my refrigerator is fixed - don’t ask - ugh!).

@shellyscb welcome to the team, Shelly! I have added you to the spreadsheet for the step and water challenge! I love your goals for this month, and hope your refrigerator is fixed soon! Calories in, calories out will be the best thing to stick to in order to reach your goals!!! I look forward to having you here on the team with us!
  • cmhubbard92
    @cmhubbard92, put me down for the step and water challenges as well. My knee has been bothering me, so I am going to dial down my steps for this first week to 56,000.

@HASWLRS Lisa, I have added you to the step/water challenge!
    JUNE GOALS - Just Give Me 30 Days.....

.....and I will weigh 5 pounds less, ideally, or weigh anywhere in the 170's!!

.....and I will have completed three days each week of beginner strength exercises

.....and I will have graduated from the 3lb. hand weights to the 5 lb. hand weights in at least some of the above beginner strength exercises

.....and I will have consumed at least 2 litres of water daily

.....and I will have logged my food and stayed at a deficit for at least 27 days

.....and I will have achieved at least 8,000 steps daily

How am I going to accomplish these goals? I am going to borrow a phrase from Nike, and JUST DO IT!!

I also LOVE how you are setting your goals up! I also hope to make my way into the 170s this month! I woke up to 180.9 this morning... so close! As I already said, we are happy to have you back!!!
  • cmhubbard92
    I shared this over in the May thread. I wanted to share with you all how I am planning on starting off this new month! It should hopefully make enough for a weeks worth of meals! :)
    743l4ewgstdy.jpg
    I just spent some time cutting up vegetables for the week ahead. I will be making sheet pan roasted vegetables with sausage! I cut up enough to bake a sheet at a time! I have salted the eggplant to get a lot of the water out of it.

Next up: pineapple!

• brandi_84
    shellyscb wrote: »
    @cmhubbard92

Steps - 50,000 per week
    Water - 64 oz per day.

June Goals:

2. Lose 5 lbs.

@shellyscb

Welcome to the team, Shelly. Excellent goals.
  • mhassan160
    mhassan160 Posts: 312 Member
    I shared this over in the May thread. I wanted to share with you all how I am planning on starting off this new month! It should hopefully make enough for a weeks worth of meals! :)
    743l4ewgstdy.jpg
    I just spent some time cutting up vegetables for the week ahead. I will be making sheet pan roasted vegetables with sausage! I cut up enough to bake a sheet at a time! I have salted the eggplant to get a lot of the water out of it.

Next up: pineapple!

I adore eggplant and can eat it everyday at every meal😋😋😋 excellent choices!
  • Krysless2
    Krysless2 Posts: 1,875 Member
    edited May 2020
    Goal for May
    My ultimate goal is to complete the Mini Ultimate Accountability Challenge 6 out of 7 days Throughout April I was starting to notice that if I don't complete the water challenge or my personal Intermittent Fasting goal then most likely I'm not staying under calories that day and not able to complete the MUAC for that day. I'll keep a closer eye on this trend throughout May...
    Previous April Goal
    I'd like to finish April with a unwavering 15x in front of my number on the scale.
    I thiiiiink I am comfortable enough with saying I completed this goal, so I'll give myself a Check✔️

1. Give us a list of goals you wish to accomplish by the end of the June Biggest Loser challenge! These should be attainable, realistic, and not overly aggressive. Feel free to use goals such as steps, exercise, limiting certain foods, etc.
    2. Create a mini plan on how you will accomplish your goals! You do not need to share these with us, but write them down somewhere that you will remind yourself of what your goal is!
    3. Change/add one positive to your daily/weekly routine! Maybe add an extra glass of water, cut the sugar out of one cup of coffee, or replace chips with some fruit, maybe give yourself one compliment while looking at yourself in the mirror.
    I am going to be more structured for June this time around! After I posted my goal for May I never thought about it again so I need to put a daily reminder somewhere...
    So here goes...
    I’m getting closer to goal and I can only imagine that losing weight is going to get a whole lot tougher so I’m going to lower my sights a little bit...
    1. Lose 3 lbs
    2. Every other day add strength training to my work out, Increase weights as needed
    3. Monitor and improve the time it takes me to complete a mile jog/walk/run
    4. Plan meals better.
    5. One day a week attend a virtual yoga class
    How to get there??
    1. Use the C25K app to incorporate sprints while on the treadmill
    2. Increase my incline
    3. On strength training days write down my weights and the machine I used.
    4. Ask the team if anyone can suggest a yoga video for beginners 🧏🏻‍♀️
  • cmhubbard92
    Krysless2 wrote: »
    Goal for May
    My ultimate goal is to complete the Mini Ultimate Accountability Challenge 6 out of 7 days Throughout April I was starting to notice that if I don't complete the water challenge or my personal Intermittent Fasting goal then most likely I'm not staying under calories that day and not able to complete the MUAC for that day. I'll keep a closer eye on this trend throughout May...
    Previous April Goal
    I'd like to finish April with a unwavering 15x in front of my number on the scale.
    I thiiiiink I am comfortable enough with saying I completed this goal, so I'll give myself a Check✔️

1. Give us a list of goals you wish to accomplish by the end of the June Biggest Loser challenge! These should be attainable, realistic, and not overly aggressive. Feel free to use goals such as steps, exercise, limiting certain foods, etc.
    2. Create a mini plan on how you will accomplish your goals! You do not need to share these with us, but write them down somewhere that you will remind yourself of what your goal is!
    3. Change/add one positive to your daily/weekly routine! Maybe add an extra glass of water, cut the sugar out of one cup of coffee, or replace chips with some fruit, maybe give yourself one compliment while looking at yourself in the mirror.
    I am going to be more structured for June this time around! After I posted my goal for May I never thought about it again so I need to put a daily reminder somewhere...
    So here goes...
    I’m getting closer to goal and I can only imagine that losing weight is going to get a whole lot tougher so I’m going to lower my sights a little bit...
    1. Lose 3 lbs
    2. Every other day add strength training to my work out, Increase weights as needed
    3. Monitor and improve the time it takes me to complete a mile jog/walk/run
    4. Plan meals better.
    5. One day a week attend a virtual yoga class
    How to get there??
    1. Use the C25K app to incorporate sprints while on the treadmill
    2. Increase my incline
    3. On strength training days write down my weights and the machine I used.
    4. Ask the team if anyone can suggest a yoga video for beginners 🧏🏻‍♀️

@Krysless2 I really like your goals for the week! I think you will have great success when you finally hit your goal weight and transition into maintenance! I like the idea of using c25k as a type of timer for sprints! once I get better at running consistently, I would like to use the hill near my house for practice. We are about a quarter of the way up the hill, and it gets much steeper past our house, and I think from the house up to the top of the hill would be a great thing to practice(I remember this from my cross country days in high school). And, once I finally figure out WHAT schools around me have a track(there's like five and I have not seen a track near any of them!!!)

I know that the 30 days of yoga with adrienne is a great program, but I have never been able to stick to it... In the past, I did a google search of beginner yoga, and there was one "Yoga for Complete Beginners" which was of a man dictating the yoga with a woman practicing. I will try to find the video, and share it it with you! I used it a lot because many of the moves gave me a bunch of relief to my hips with certain moves. With walking so much, I do have a tendency to have tight hip flexors.
  • RoseyandReady
    RoseyandReady Posts: 256 Member
    I found the thread. Pretty pease add me. I'm 169 today. @cmhubbard92

I'm getting back on track and remembering why I started. Not going back! Good luck everyone.
This discussion has been closed.