WAISTAWAYS Team Chat - June 2020

Options

Replies

• micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    unevano wrote: »
    @micki48 Happy Birthday! Hope your coming year is the best one ever.

Thanks!! I will do all I can to make it the best. 😊 And Wow! Your goals are so well laid out. Congratulations on a great week. I plan to celebrate with you all on the 18th with being in the green with losses!!!
    Steph1498 wrote: »
    Its starting as a ssslllooowww day for me here. Im going to try some pilates and/or online dance to get moving....

@Unevano great job on setting up and monitoring your goals!
    oh and hello @Micki48 glad to see you back.

@Steph1498 Slow days are good. Glad you have a bit of time to yourself again. Also glad to be back. I missed being here. I saw you on one of our Fitbit challenge but can’t seem to Sind you as a friend. So friend me if you can. 🤗

@Gidgitgoescrazy Hugs to you. I get it sometimes that happens. I know you know what to do. I’ve seen you do it. Make that library beautiful. Go back over your fitness data and see how far you’ve come. Look at all your stickers. You can get out of your funk. But, sometimes we need to be there for a bit first.

Off to see what the Pilates workout is for today. 🙂
  • matthewsfive
    matthewsfive Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    5wmhl2tkd3oq.jpeg
    0i802h3kh7hp.jpeg
    ua4u663vcqsb.jpeg

Someone posted before and after pics a few days ago and it motivated me to find a couple of mine... There is 105 pound difference in these pics. I love seeing people’s transformations KEEP THEM COMING !!
    you look awesome, way to go

• matthewsfive
    matthewsfive Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Terytha wrote: »
    I got a haircut! I hate wearing masks but I also hated having my hair nearly to my butt. I could hardly brush it, and it was always tangled. So now it's up above my shoulders and feels so much nicer.

But, I failed in my second mission today. I didn't buy clothes (I wanted a dress). The mall the way it is now with all the health measures made me so tense and I felt so strongly that I shouldn't be there that I just left. I'm always uncomfortable in clothing stores anyway but these days, ugh.

I wonder if there's any meaning in trying to buy one online without trying it on.

I buy 90% online and I will buy the same thing in 2 or 3 sizes, then try them on and return the ones that don't fit. Just need to make sure they are returnable and that there are no charges for return shipping.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,097 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday! I'm having a good catch up and plan morning. At least I hope it will turn out to be good.

Yesterday turned into a do-some-random-thing-and-then-eat-more kind of day. I joined you on the tortilla chips, @deniners2 - but not the chocolate chips. They make me sneeze for half an hour. Unless they're cooked. Luckily I did not decide to make cookies! I used to tell my doctor "I eat really well. Then I eat badly." It is not a great plan, but a day from time to time is OK :smiley:

@reflectionofme - question. Are you at a maintenance weight or close to it? If so, you can join the Goal Zone squad! I'm trying to see who is close to goal, needing a pause to try out a goal weight, or maybe already there. Anyone else?

@conleywoods - big decisions facing you there. I know several primary and secondary school teachers who are struggling with the completely changed work conditions, and especially those who have young kids themselves, it is a whole new world. I think you're wise to hold off until you know more about what will be the next steps, and I'm sure you'll make a wise choice. Wishing you calm reflection and strength! It is also awesome that you got to see your colleagues and friends after all this time, and that they noticed your new svelter self :heart: That goes a LONG way, doesn't it.

@unevano - you are really on a roll now. Love to see those BP numbers (they are the ones I know the best!). Those can get scary so easily with no particular symptoms. Until they go boom. Looking forward to all the upcoming parties and happy dances with you!

@micki48 :heart: So good to see you back!!!!!

Enjoy the morning - I'll be back after taking a serious try at making a plan I'll actually stick to for the day.
  • graceojo999
    graceojo999 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    @jugar

Sorry about the late reply. I have a deadline so I have been so distracted. Not to mention I have been too scared to get on the scale because last week was a disaster. I tried some new menus and eat a weeks worth of food in 3 days😭😭😭. I am being good this week, but I am still summoning the courage to look my scale in the face 😩. Can I get this week off...I’ll try and get on it next sunday.
  • jugar
    Options
    @jugar

Sorry about the late reply. I have a deadline so I have been so distracted. Not to mention I have been too scared to get on the scale because last week was a disaster. I tried some new menus and eat a weeks worth of food in 3 days😭😭😭. I am being good this week, but I am still summoning the courage to look my scale in the face 😩. Can I get this week off...I’ll try and get on it next sunday.
    Weeks like this happen - and the best thing is to get on the scale anyhow. If you really can't, no problem - I'll give you the week off. But I have found that avoiding the scale when I think it's going the wrong way induces more guilt and bad feelings than looking it in the eye, writing down the number, and then feeling fabulous the next week when you have turned it around, even if it is only by a bit. Actually making the mistake, taking the hit, and then improving is a much better lesson to put into your body than trying hard not to acknowledge it. That's my tuppence worth in any case! Whatever you decide, you have all our support to get this week going well. HUGS!!!!
  • micki48
    Options
    I just made the yummiest, easiest snack — a strawberry slushy. Healthy, low calorie, and delicious.

In a blender mix
    9 ounces (1 1/2 C) hulled halved strawberries
    1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
    1 Tablespoon agave juice
    1 Cup ice

I used half fresh, have frozen strawberries and less ice.

Makes 2 — 70 calories YUMMMM!
    I ate one. Froze the other for later.
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    @jugar sorry for the missing steps
    Sun May 31st 14,003
    Sat June 6 8020
  • jugar
    Options
    Hoping everyone's day is going well.

Reminder time :smiley:

Yesterday/today weigh-ins still due:
    @alexsandramorff
    @MoStacy

Wednesday people:
    @offitgoes
    @evelynladams527
    @fourathomej

Steps/exercise stats Week 1 report coming up next!
  • jugar
    Options
    wb138relma3i.png

JUNE WEEK 1 - the StepEx Team took 649,599 steps!

Leaders:
    @eggfreak is #1 with 104,597 steps. Amazing job!
    @KellyBgetsfit is #2 with 85,242
    @jugar is #3 with 84,964
    @epoymoose is #4 with 74,737

Some serious stepping and exercising - keep it up! You know it helps protect the people close to us, it helps us feel good, and it burns those calories :smiley:
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Steps Today (Tuesday): 7,500
    Monday: 6,800
    I’ll be catching up with posting tomorrow. Have a good sleep!
  • eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Yesterday had it all...chocolate, peanut butter, potato chips and wine and plenty of it ....I did recognize the why and what was driving me (so much to do wherever I turned - what to start on? oh, I'll just eat this instead of starting anything.) I will say it was pleasant to be able to sit out on the back patio with a wine until 9 pm and not get eaten by mosquitoes - the snacks would have been better left where they were. New day. An early start, and in my gardening clothes - going to get the poor shriveled dahlias in now and tick that ONE thing off my mental list. Then a much needed shower to start the work-from-home day. Throw in a mid morning trip to a home medical supply charity to pick up a reclining wheelchair for my dad - I called yesterday and they had one that they hadn't inspected yet (all donations - amazing great charity) and I'm crossing fingers that it works. With me heading back to office soon, our 2 caregivers will be back in the house to help with dad - a better chair is much needed. Sun is shining, the garden needs rain and it would help to rinse all the yellow pollen that coats everything outside.
    @graceojo999 I hear you about eating more than the portioned menus w/in 3 days. My scale was up last week and with my binge above, I'm a bit fearful for tomorrow's weigh in. Don't stress or beat yourself up- today is a new day!
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness, I can't believe that I have missed 2 days! And I don't even know why!

Before I continue, here's my update for Sunday through to yesterday (Tuesday):
    Sunday - 2334 steps (Sunday's a rest day, so no exercise)
    Monday - 3548 steps, 20 minute HIIT workout & 10 minute arm workout
    Tuesday - 5680 steps, 20 minute Leslie Sansome Walk & 10 minute arm workout

I need to up my stepping game! But diet is going fairly well, although my water intake is definitely going better than last week.

I'll endeavour to be more vigilant!

Happy Hump Day all!
  • Gidgitgoescrazy
    Gidgitgoescrazy Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Okay so yesterday was a failure, and this morning hasn't gone as planned... My snapping myself outta this isn't working... Last night I finished a book, so I was up till a little after 1am, so when the alarm went off at 5.30 - I hit snooze till 6.30... so no exercise for me this morning...

I honestly thought about just taking the rest of the month off but what good would that do me, one day things will click and I will be back in my groove... Maybe I should find a book to help me ... Hmmmm

Have a great day, and if you see my motivation please send it home !
  • micki48
    Options
    Steps Today (Tuesday): 7,500
    Monday: 6,800
    I’ll be catching up with posting tomorrow. Have a good sleep!

Can you post Sunday's steps? or did I miss them? Thanks! Great stepping.
  • micki48
    Options
    Okay so yesterday was a failure, and this morning hasn't gone as planned... My snapping myself outta this isn't working... Last night I finished a book, so I was up till a little after 1am, so when the alarm went off at 5.30 - I hit snooze till 6.30... so no exercise for me this morning...

I honestly thought about just taking the rest of the month off but what good would that do me, one day things will click and I will be back in my groove... Maybe I should find a book to help me ... Hmmmm

Have a great day, and if you see my motivation please send it home !

I have found that too. I think that when you lose a bunch of pounds (and you have) and you start to look and feel better and summer is here, you say to yourself, "Ahh I can do this or that a little." Then, it starts to creep back on. I think the trick is to not walk away from all your hard work. Keep at it. Whether it's 100% (which you have been) or only 50%. Like you said, one of these days it will click with you and you WILL be back in your groove. Walking away will only get you back where you started. You don't want that. I believe in you. I know I said it before, but sometimes going through your "data" from this journey can make it click. Keep at it.
    fc4m8o7bgltj.png
This discussion has been closed.