Doom, Despair, and Agony on Me! (aka a whine thread)

Options

Replies

• bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    Options
    I don't remember if I saw the one with tumeric in my local store, but I picked up the one with magnesium. I was surprised when I tried to ride the bike and found I couldn't; the knee hadn't been bothering me for the other activity I was doing. But then again, the act of peddling the bike is way different and the position of the seat in relation to the handle bars forces me into a position I'm not use to. It's like my big complaint about car seats - I need that seat back by about 6 inches to give me leg room!

I might try raising the seat and see if that takes some of the pressure off.
  • papayahed
    papayahed Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I put tumeric in my oatmeal every morning. I used to have horrible knee pain when I first started working out but I think between the knee stretches, tumeric, and may be a few less pounds my pain is gone.
  • gewel321
    gewel321 Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    I have bad knees as well. I had to do extensive PT to walk after a patella dislocation. I was told that walking is fine, running may be ok. She said I would never bike or ski again. It works the knee differently. So no bike for me.
  • cesse47
    cesse47 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    I live in Midland MI which if you haven't heard has been devastated by a 500 year catastrophic flood. We had over two days of extremely heavy rainfall. This on top of it already being flood season for us. We live downstream of 5 dams. The northern most dam was overflowing. The second also. The third and fourth breached entirely. The closest dam held but had full berm failure. This sent an unbelievable historic level of water onto us. My city evacuated more than 11,000 people safely. No reported deaths; minimal injuries thus far.

I went over two days with no sleep monitoring all the emergency sites, news reports, etc. to keep track of the flooding and evacuations. My brother was part of the first group evacuated and he moved to a daughter's home and they were evacuated about 3 hours later. They all moved to another daughter's house. I sent my granddaughter and her three dogs to her aunt's home about 30 miles east of us which would keep her out of harm's way. I had my car packed for my cat and I and in the driveway (in case of loss of power and garage not open). So, if it became necessary, I'd be ready to evacuate. I had a route planned with no bridges to ensure I'd not get stopped because of water over the road or bridges out. Luckily for me, the water crested at 35 feet (a 500 year historic record) so I did not need to evacuate. My water, power, and sewer are fine and fully functional. A true blessing!!

My brother estimates his home has at least 5 feet of water inside it. Governor Whitmer came to Midland yesterday, did an aerial tour of the devastation over many miles and several counties. Declared a State of Emergency. Graciously praised our Emergency teams for all their preplanning and for the ongoing evacuation efforts.

Now we are in a waiting game. Flood waters have to recede enough that damage assessments can be started. Then recede even more before homeowners can get in to assess their damages and start the recovery process. We're also praying that the dam closest to us, Sanford Dam, does not collapse. Recovery will be a very long process.

Please send your prayers to all those impacted by the dam failures and the resulting flooding in Gladwin County, Clare County, and Midland County. Thank you. <3
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    Please stay safe, you are in my thoughts...
  • cremorna1
    cremorna1 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Take care! Sending prayers your way!
  • papayahed
    Options
    Take care, you're in my thoughts..

• NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    cesse47 wrote: »
    I live in Midland MI which if you haven't heard has been devastated by a 500 year catastrophic flood. We had over two days of extremely heavy rainfall. This on top of it already being flood season for us. We live downstream of 5 dams. The northern most dam was overflowing. The second also. The third and fourth breached entirely. The closest dam held but had full berm failure. This sent an unbelievable historic level of water onto us. My city evacuated more than 11,000 people safely. No reported deaths; minimal injuries thus far.

I went over two days with no sleep monitoring all the emergency sites, news reports, etc. to keep track of the flooding and evacuations. My brother was part of the first group evacuated and he moved to a daughter's home and they were evacuated about 3 hours later. They all moved to another daughter's house. I sent my granddaughter and her three dogs to her aunt's home about 30 miles east of us which would keep her out of harm's way. I had my car packed for my cat and I and in the driveway (in case of loss of power and garage not open). So, if it became necessary, I'd be ready to evacuate. I had a route planned with no bridges to ensure I'd not get stopped because of water over the road or bridges out. Luckily for me, the water crested at 35 feet (a 500 year historic record) so I did not need to evacuate. My water, power, and sewer are fine and fully functional. A true blessing!!

My brother estimates his home has at least 5 feet of water inside it. Governor Whitmer came to Midland yesterday, did an aerial tour of the devastation over many miles and several counties. Declared a State of Emergency. Graciously praised our Emergency teams for all their preplanning and for the ongoing evacuation efforts.

Now we are in a waiting game. Flood waters have to recede enough that damage assessments can be started. Then recede even more before homeowners can get in to assess their damages and start the recovery process. We're also praying that the dam closest to us, Sanford Dam, does not collapse. Recovery will be a very long process.

Please send your prayers to all those impacted by the dam failures and the resulting flooding in Gladwin County, Clare County, and Midland County. Thank you. <3

@cesse47

Please take care of yourself. Sending prayers.
  • cesse47
    cesse47 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your kind thoughts and prayers. They mean a great deal to me, to my family, and to my community.

• papayahed
    Options
    I have two, both are technology driven. I found a couch potato to 5k app. I happily made it to week 2 day 1 and that's when I realized it wasn't actually a free app, those stinkers wanted me to pay $4.99 for the rest of the training!! They think because I'm already invested that I will shell out the dough, not. this. girl. I found a new, completely free app and I'm stating back at the beginning. lol.

The second is that I was nominated to do a push up challenge on facebook (suicide awareness). 22 push up for 22 days. As proof you post your doing the push up along with some info. Yesterday, I forgot to hit video. Dang blast it!!! Sooooooooooo... I had to do them all over again.
  • merph518
    merph518 Posts: 702 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    I've been beating myself up lately about my eating habits and weight gain over the past 3 months (since the start of self-isolation)... but looking at the data today it doesn't seem as bad as I've made it out to be.

fq126dimigzs.png

I have a feeling that this is because although I've let my eating slide some during this time, my activity hasn't dropped too much. I guess in a way it's comforting to know I'll really have to screw up bigtime to regain all of this weight I've lost.
  • bmeadows380
    Options
    @NovusDies that's confidence! Its only been in the last few years that I dared to wear a bathing suit at all. While my prudish modesty keeps them at one pieces with shorts, I am at least taking off the baggy T-shirt I used to wear over them.

I'm down enough that I found I'm going to have to start working on replacing a lot of my dressy church tops. I took a skirt out of my closet today that I had never been able to wear before and found it fit with room to spare. I wanted to wear a nice sheath top with it and a jacket; however, I hadn't worn any of my dress jackets in a while and found that the 3 of the 4 I have were all too big - way too big. And the one that did still fit was black and the skirt was navy blue.

So I said to myself, okay, we'll just get a top out that will look good without the jacket - except those were also too big. The one that had a nice princess seem and fit to flatter the front that I wore last winter? hung like it was on a clothes rack. The dress that was too short to wear as a dress on me but that looked great as a tunic over my knee-length black pencil skirt? also way too baggy.

*sigh* I checked sizes on many of my shirts and came realize that most are now way, way too big. Which means I need to start picking up dressy tops again. I can get by with some of my tops that are collared shirts, but many of them are just too, too big now. It might not even matter much then, but I'm the church pianist so I'm up front and center during the first part of the service and we are now recording our services for facebook live, and I don't want to be in the public eye looking like a bag lady in clothes 3 sizes too big; not only does it look poorly on me, I don't want my appearance to reflect badly on the church (my opinion; I guarantee you the pastor wouldn't even comes close to thinking something like that lol )
  • speyerj
    speyerj Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    @bmeadows380 that's a nice problem to have.
  • bmeadows380
    Options
    speyerj wrote: »

@speyerj

*laughs* yeah, it is and its always fun to get new clothes, but its not so nice for my wallet! :tongue:
  • NovusDies
    Options
    speyerj wrote: »

@speyerj

*laughs* yeah, it is and its always fun to get new clothes, but its not so nice for my wallet! :tongue:

Especially when it is jeans which I need new ones right away. I can buy decent looking dress pants for much cheaper than jeans.

I used to be the always under-dressed person and just recently I stood out because I was too over-dressed because I do not own hardly any clothes "in the middle." My wardrobe is mostly athletic wear and church/funeral type clothes. My single pair of jeans still work with a belt but they are quite baggy.

I remember this being one of the reasons why I wanted to do the recomp plan for 4 months was to finally enjoy my clothes for half a minute.

• speyerj
    speyerj Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    NovusDies wrote: »
    I remember this being one of the reasons why I wanted to do the recomp plan for 4 months was to finally enjoy my clothes for half a minute.

I'm with you there. I am now at the point where I fit into all my older, size 14 clothes from past weight loss efforts. I don't own any sizes that I need to lose weight to fit into. I do want to lose more fat, but I really love my wardrobe - I'm not ready to give up those clothes just yet. So that does seem like a good reason to stay but between 175 and 180 at least through the fall. Then I can make a push to drop to a size or 2 along with 10 to 20 more pounds.

• NovusDies
    Options
    Oh, you've gotta be kidding me! I'm still continuing to do well with my calories, I've even been more diligent about weighing and making sure I'm tracking accurately, and I'm up even more today. So in the last 2.5 weeks, I've done better than I had in a very long time, and instead of losing 2 or 3 lbs, I've gained 4.5. :s

This is totally inconsistent with anything in my weight loss history. Historically, I'm not prone to large water weight fluctuations. I can only remember two times when I had undeserved gains two weeks in a row, and they have NEVER been this large. And historically, when I've kicked up my efforts after longer periods of no effort (or less effort) I've always had nice losses. None of this makes sense.

This may be a new phase for you. I lost a lot of weight before I entered the truly annoying scale cycles.

Just in case it is not... are you on any new (or increased dose) medication or supplement? Also, it could be an old medication that you just starting taking again like an allergy med.

Have you been feeling well? You can fluctuate up while fighting an illness even one that barely shows symptoms.

Been out in sun more?

Noticing any swelling in your legs or feet?

Sore at all?

Feeling stress?