Non Scale Victories

Options

Replies

• emmyjaykay
    emmyjaykay Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    papayahed wrote: »
    I'm not sure I can explain this one very well but I think you guys will totally get it. I fit in the confines of my airplane seat. I didn't have to hold my arms or tuck my hands somewhere to make sure not to encroach on the other persons area. Normally I'm super aware of my body in the seat and how much room I take up but this time I didn't have to think about it at all. I sat down, buckled up, and tried to fall asleep. Only halfway through the flight did I realize what I no longer had to think about.

That's so awesome! Flying without space-taking anxiety is a huge NSV!

This morning I noticed that I can carry the laundry up from the basement to the top floor without panting or feeling winded. Still a bit of an elevated heart rate but it felt easy, which seems like a big deal. Six months ago, that was something that caused me to beat up on myself for "letting it" get this bad. If only I'd known changing that would just take a month or so of consistency!
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    So true!...a year ago I didn’t feel like I could fold the laundry!...now I can carry the basket around when it is full!...fold it and put it all away without taking a ten minute break in between!
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    Options
    I was able to ride my bike today! The first time in 2 months since I messed my knee up trying to take up running! I'll be sore tomorrow, I know, but I was thrilled and was able to go for 30 minutes, over 3 miles, and only had to get off one time to push it. Also, I was able to do some standing and peddling as well, which I hadn't been able to do before now - AND I also peddled it all the way home, including up the hill to my house! :grin:

I don't know if it was just time healing it, the braces helping, or the glucosomine or maybe a combination of all 3, but I'm a happy camper tonight :)
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    I was able to ride my bike today! The first time in 2 months since I messed my knee up trying to take up running! I'll be sore tomorrow, I know, but I was thrilled and was able to go for 30 minutes, over 3 miles, and only had to get off one time to push it. Also, I was able to do some standing and peddling as well, which I hadn't been able to do before now - AND I also peddled it all the way home, including up the hill to my house! :grin:

I don't know if it was just time healing it, the braces helping, or the glucosomine or maybe a combination of all 3, but I'm a happy camper tonight :)

That is great....I used to love riding my bike!...of course I roller skated and ice skated and marched in band,too...lol....I tried to get my granddaughter to let me ride her bike but she was afraid I would fall off...I told her you can’t forget how to ride a bike but gee, I would really hate to actually fall off of it!...I guess I will stick to the water and stationary bike!...glad you enjoyed your ride!
  • papayahed
    papayahed Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I can button my size 12 jeans!!! They are extremely tight when I do and I wouldn't dream of wearing them for any length of time however...the day is in sight!

This is a big one. These are the jeans I'd always look at wistfully and I'd purposely hang them in the closet for inspiration.
  • bmeadows380
    Options
    papayahed wrote: »
    I can button my size 12 jeans!!! They are extremely tight when I do and I wouldn't dream of wearing them for any length of time however...the day is in sight!

This is a big one. These are the jeans I'd always look at wistfully and I'd purposely hang them in the closet for inspiration.

That's a big one! I had a couple of articles of clothing that are goal articles too and its always a great feeling when you can start getting into them :)
  • emmyjaykay
    emmyjaykay Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Today, we had a socially distanced Father's Day brunch. I planned for it and made sure that my calories/macros were in line, even with having half of one of the cookies my dad bought and one of the sticky buns I made. When it came down to it, I took a bite of the cookie and it was sort of stale and lackluster. I realized quickly that I didn't feel like eating it so I just left it on my plate. This is a huge win for me—I've been trying to shake the "clean plate club" and childhood food scarcity mentality for a few months and I think I'm getting there. My end goal is to be able to eat intuitively at a natural set point and this is the first time my instincts have lined up with that.

(That being said, the sticky buns I made were awesome and well worth the dent it put in my daily calories!)
  • bmeadows380
    Options
    That's a great victory, emmy! I know what you mean, though - I was in the "clean plate club" too, and its hard to shake that idea and come to accept that its okay to not eat everything on your plate.
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    Today my doctor told me if my BMI goes down one more point, I will move from morbid obesity to obese!...never thought I would be so happy to hear I am only obese lol
  • bmeadows380
    Options
    Congratulations, Connie! I'm so glad that you have some good news to brighten your day!
  • papayahed
    Options
    Allll riiiigghhtt Connie!!
  • Jackie9003
    Jackie9003 Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    There’s some lovely stories on here, well done everyone. I’ve been really struggling The last 3 months and have a huge gain to tackle but yesterday I had an NSV - I found some cream meringues for 5p in the reduced section and didn’t get one. I bought the kids one each and something similar for my husband but bought strawberries for myself.
  • cremorna1
    cremorna1 Posts: 133 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Congrats for that willpower, @Jackie9003!
    And kudos for the nearing category switch, @conniewilkins56!!
  • rockconner
    rockconner Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    That's wonderful! I SO look forward to being able to fit into seats on airplanes, at sporting events, old restored theaters, etc. Congratulations, I'm happy for you!
  • papayahed
    Options
    Yay! @bmeadows380 and @rockconner

I've been shopping Old Navy sales. Lots of times they have 50-60% off, it's usually the ugly or weird sized stuff but sometimes there are some treasures and their workout stuff is sized generously.
  • speyerj
    speyerj Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    My NSV for the week: I can now wrap a hotel bath towel around my body, tuck it in to secure it, and it covers me! I can't wait for it to be safe to get massages again. I can now probably fit into the spa robes they have there without flashing everybody! :)
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    speyerj wrote: »
    My NSV for the week: I can now wrap a hotel bath towel around my body, tuck it in to secure it, and it covers me! I can't wait for it to be safe to get massages again. I can now probably fit into the spa robes they have there without flashing everybody! :)

That’s a great NSV....my beach towel could wrap around a truck driver!....( a big truck driver! )