WAISTAWAYS Team Chat - July 2020

Options
Cafelelia
Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
75rzzpg1u3ks.jpeg
Welcome Fat2Fit Challengers!

Here is your Team chat room for July 2020. This is where you weigh in every week, post your goals and progress, discuss any issues or topics of interest, share ideas, support your teammates, receive help when you need it, and dream big. Try to post every day, and help each other succeed!

We have six great teams. The group and team leaders are as follows:

Our Moderators:
Liselyn - @jugar
Beka - @beka3695
Lisa - @cafelelia
Teresa - @TeresaW1020

Our Team Captains:
Mission Slimpossibles - @broncobuddee and @TeresaW1020
Trimstones - @mulecanter and @jessicakrall8
Weight No More - @1theresamcvean and @cafelelia
Waist Aways - @jugar and @micki48
Shrinking Assets - @Boehle and @beka3695
Downsizers - @lindamtuck2018 and @mari_moulin

Our Team Motivators:
Mission Slimpossibles - @AustinRuadhain @katmary71 and @raleighgirl09
Trimstones - @Emmajhare
Weight No More - @GingerPwr
Waist Aways - @Terytha and @conleywoods
Shrinking Assets - @TheMrWobbly (Fitness Captain)
Downsizers - open

HOW IT ALL WORKS:
Every challenger weighs in on their chosen day, every week without fail! At the end of each week, the tallies are done to determine the team and individuals with the most weight lost. The best losers are announced with full fanfare every Sunday. The team competition is all in good spirits - may the most losing win!

We also track those small, steady losses with the Green Week count. If you lose, however small an amount, it counts for 1 week in the green. The total will be by month, and cumulative - so you can really rack them up and get to your goal even if you never hit the top of the leader board.

In an effort to recognize accomplishments, we are using an optional addition to the weigh in format called LOSS TO DATE or LTD. Please just leave this new line off if you do not want to participate. Here is the new format:

Username
Weigh In Day
PW (Previous Weight):
CW (Current Weight):
LTD (Loss to Date):

If you need a week off, a break, a change of weigh-in day - just ask your Captain here on your team chat page. If you take a break, you are moved to the Support Team. If you miss two weigh-ins in a row without asking for a break, you will be dropped from the team, so be sure to ask if you are travelling, sick, or just needing some time off. You can remain on the Support Team for as long as you need to. You still participate in the discussions and weigh in if you want to, but your weigh-ins will not be counted on the weekly tally.

Once you reach your goal weight, you join the elite Goal Zone! After hitting your goal, you need support to stay there, and you can help your teammates join you. You must continue to weigh in every week, and if you have 2 weeks above your self-defined goal zone, you go back to the regular team to lose that amount before it builds up. You will have a chance to hone those maintenance skills and stick with your team!

In addition to your own team, there are F2F Full Group CHALLENGES. You can do all or none - it's up to you. Participating adds a lot to your success, so we hope to see you there often! These can involve anything fitness, health, or nutrition - and they’ll get you moving, thinking, and learning about this journey. Check the Announcements section for full group challenges.

Let’s show our fellow challengers some F2F love! Introduce yourselves right away, and let the new month begin!!

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,098 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Welcome WaistAways, both returning and new. This will be our home for July, where all of our triumphs and challenges take place. Please introduce yourselves and set some goals for the month. We are all in some stage of summer release, return to work, trying to figure out this crazy world - so let's be sure not to lose sight of our fitness goals in the process.

I am Liselyn, co-captain along with @micki48. I live in rural Québec, about 85 miles east of Montreal, and I'm a retired university professor of music. I haven't retired from being a musician, but these days the performance opportunities are zero! I still have a few projects in the fire... My weight loss story? After being somewhat overweight for most of my life, I really packed on quite a lot while in an admin job at the university that involved a lot of sitting, meetings, travel, and meals. I tried many times to lose, but it was not until I was 58 that I got really serious with both food and exercise, and lost 40 pounds. I have been in a good zone for 8 years now, always refining and figuring out the things that work best, and making sure I don't have to do it all over again. Yes, it is possible to lose weight and get in shape during and after menopause!

I know there are people on this team who have a lot to lose, others who have lost a lot and are closing in on their goals, and others who are working on losses that are stubbornly resisting. There is a lot of wisdom here, and the most important lesson we learn from each other time and time again is that it is not a straight shot, there will be trials and errors, but sticking with it when it feels like you have fallen off yet again is the best thing you can do for yourself. Plateaus can be good, but going back the way you came is not!

Some helpful information/tools:
    Posting your daily updates
    We know from experience that posting daily (or as often as you can!) makes a huge difference to your success. Use any format you like to let everyone know how you are doing on your daily goals and habits. You can report on food, exercise, water, sleep, or whatever you are tracking and trying to stick with. While you're there, talk about how you are, ask questions, and if you can answer someone else, please do! Congratulate others, commiserate, enjoy someone's rant, or go ahead and rant yourself. It all helps make the kind of community where we are in each others' heads when the hand is reaching for that off-plan snack, or the couch is feeling way too inviting...

Weighing in
    Please try to weigh in on time! IF MFP IS HAVING TECH DIFFICULTIES, send me a DM. Friend me first! When you post, put your weigh in at the TOP of a message, so it is clear and easy to find. To make your week's progress clear, put your PW (previous weight) from the week before if you remember it, and then your CW current weight. If you cannot post your weight for whatever reason, please request a week off, or if you need a longer break, you can request to move to the "Support Team" where you can still participate but your weigh-ins will not be part of the weekly tally. This is where members who are ill, on vacation, or just needing a break can hang out for as long as needed. If you are getting close to goal, you will soon be on the Goal Zone Team! Maintenance takes work, and this is where it happens. You will get good at staying where you have worked so hard to get.

Step and Exercise Team
    @micki48 will tell you more about this! Anyone can join the team to track daily steps, or minutes of intentional exercise. The exercise minutes will be "translated" to steps so we can all compare on the same unit. Post here if you want to take part!

Habit Tracker
    F2F has its own monthly habit tracker.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1K9vk-J_IiXajXXKXQJtLbUFlHAhLaB3wH5z3MjWVJR4/edit?usp=sharing
    On the spreadsheet, find WaistAways on the bottom, click that tab, add your name and the habits you want to track daily. Then let the green check marks grow!

Other useful tools
    The F2F home page also has links to our full group challenges, fitness tracker connections, and general guidelines (all under Announcements).
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/114605-fat-2-fit-weight-loss-challenge-and-support-group
  • SMcFall0215
    SMcFall0215 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Hellooooo July group!! I’m Shanda I’m from Ohio this is my third month now with team waistaways. I Have 3 kids 👧🏻👦🏼👧🏼 And 2 dogs 🐕 🐕 who have me running around like a crazy person most of the time lol. My total weight loss WAS 105 pounds. However I got a bit lazy and fell off for awhile, I gained 40 pounds back over some time. I have since lost a few pounds so I’m getting back on track.. @micki48 i would like to join the step challenge this month!! I’m hoping that will keep me accountable and I actually put my Apple Watch on everyday 🤦🏻‍♀️
  • ells_runs
    ells_runs Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I'm Ellie - mum to three lovely boys and married to my husband for 12 years now. I was born in Poland 42 years ago. Due to bad childhood I've moved in with my aunt who lived in UK when I was 16 and I live in UK ever since.

My weight gain started when son number three was born. When he was 10 months old he developed epilepsy. His bad seizures and frequent visits to hospital depressed and stressed me to the point that I neglected myself. Eating crisps, cakes and fast food for a couple of years made me put on a few pounds. I balooned to 211lbs at my highest weight and at 5'3 frame its not a pretty picture
    When my son was 5 years old he had his last seizure and he is epilepsy free since then. As he was getting healthy I decided to lose weight.

I did well in first year. I've joined MFP and I lost 40lbs and was so happy with myself
    But after that first year life got in a way. I work as a chef's assistant and I'm surrounded by food all the time. It is really difficult to be careful on my diet.
    I left MFP for a few years but now I'm back and determined to lose the rest of the pounds.

In the last 18 months I've changed my life considerably. I moved to a beautiful house around 8 miles from where I was before. I changed my job from being a chef, working long hours Monday to Sunday but also earning good money, to work in schools 4 jobs (breakfast club assistant, cook lady, and high school cleaner) I work Monday to Friday and I have weekends and any half term and summer holidays off. I do work from 8am until 7pm and my fitbit loves it. I have less money but much better life altogether, less stress.

I love those challenges and thank you for having me :-)

I will try and participate in posting more often!

Lets do it this July! Good luck Team! xxx
  • jugar
    Options
    I just counted. We have SIX people in the UK (including one in Scotland) and you now beat the Canadians (including one in Québec), but there are a few people who have not yet said where they are from. One in Luxembourg too - and maybe one in India? Not sure, so hopefully everyone will update in the intros for this month.

@CM_73 we will try to keep your feet dancing even while you're on board without much room to move. There are tons of great resources for bodyweight exercise if you need such a thing, and eating - well, you're right. It's hard when you're not in your usual routine. Use our habit tracker if that helps, and log everything! The good, the bad, the ugly. Just log it all. You're close to that point where you bail out, and that ain't going to happen, ok? Stick around :smiley:

@SMcFall0215 and @ells_runs welcome back! We'll try to come up with some great challenges this month. Ideas are welcome from everyone!
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    Hello, my name is Kelly. I am a mother of 4 and a Kindergarten Special Education teacher. I need to lose 25 pounds. I have gained 4 pounds since May and I would really like to lose that before the school year starts. I workout with Beachbody on Demand. I don't follow a specific program for a variety of reasons, but I get 4-6 workouts a week. I struggle with nutrition. I am nursing my 10 month old and if I don't plan out and stick to my meal plan right away, I end up eating junk in the afternoon. Recently, I have started sleeping HORRIBLE and I think part of my weight gain is due to that. I am recommitting myself this month to focusing on weight loss and my over all wellbeing. I know August will bring a very stressful start to the school year so I want to start focusing on self care now.

@Jugar I have been struggling to get into community. I was able to post my last weigh in in the June group, so it's not closed yet.
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    Steps
    Sun - 10,836
    Mon - 5,161
    Tues - 11,406
    Wed - 8,118
    Thurs - 7,108
    Fri - 9,990
    Sat- 7,183

Not my best week.
  • CanadianGiraffe
    CanadianGiraffe Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Hello all! I'm back for another month although I really am mystified with where June went! Welcome to our new Waistaways!

I'm CG, 61 years old and I live in rural NE Alberta very near the Saskatchewan border. I spent a lot of years looking after family, work and everybody else and didn't spend the time I needed to look after me and my own health so consequently didn't exercise or make my weight a priority. A 59 I decided that it was my turn and started strength training with a personal trainer at a local gym 2-3 times a week. I loved the way it made my body feel. But once our gym was closed due to Covid-19 I decided this would be a perfect time to focus on weight loss. Now the gym has opened up again but I am so pleased with where I am now with my weight loss that I am committed to sticking this out to the finish. I had lost weight once before in 2013 but for a whole variety of reasons I didn't stick with it. Not this time!

My starting weight on March 12 was 200.2 lbs and I'm 5'4". My goal is 150 lbs although I'll see how that looks/feels when I get there. I have been logging all my food and exercise daily since then and my starting weight for July is 176.4 lb. My goal right now is 150 lbs although that may change when I get there.

This is my third month with Waistaways. Thank you everybody for the encouragement and inspiration you provide. It makes the road easier when you know you are not alone!
  • CanadianGiraffe
    CanadianGiraffe Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Before July starts, I want to take a minute and reflect on June.

My starting weight was 181.2 lbs. I had 4 green weigh-ins and lost 4.8 lbs ending up at 176.4, an average of 1.2 lbs/wk.

My Tracker goals results were:
    Log everything and stay within +/- 5o calories of my daily allotment -- scored 79%
    Go for a walk -- scored 61%
    May Challenge 3 Mini-Habits + 1 -- scored 89%
    Make & complete a To-Do List every day -- scored 25%
    June Two Magic Number challenge -- scored 38%

So some pretty obvious learnings here. I shouldn't be trying to change everything at once. I seem to be able to focus on the weight loss but my attempts to use the tracker to make organizational changes was a big fail. Also the magic number challenge turned out to be only for one week and I wasn't as diligent with it once I was on my own.

So I am going to keep my July goals to a minimum and really focus on a two specific things. Each day in July I will:
    #1 Log everything and stay within +/- 5o calories of my daily allotment
    #2 Participate in some physical activity AND POST IT HERE!

• jugar
    Options
    Looking good, everyone! Keep on posting those reflections and goals - it really helps. The habit tracker is at
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1K9vk-J_IiXajXXKXQJtLbUFlHAhLaB3wH5z3MjWVJR4/edit?usp=sharing
    if you are interested to use it, just dive in! Find our team tab at the bottom, fill in your name and the habits you want to track (even if it is only one!). Then check it off every day that you do it. It really helps to know which ones are working and which ones are not.

I just finished all the tallies for the week and the month. It was a slog this morning! So many people have not been able to get on the community pages to update - I sure hope that MFP gets that fixed ASAP. Use a web browser if your app is not working - at least there everything seems to be OK.

I'M GETTING OUT OF THIS CHAIR!
  • Stefbomb2020
    Stefbomb2020 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Sorry for the late update... the community page wasnt opening up here....
    Had to post it yesterday

CW 166.5lbs
  • Cafelelia
    Options
    7ledwaxoctrc.gif
    h2qjdjz8vg36.png

crsaqcd5shpw.png
    3cpx0zn54yro.png

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    1. Weight No More 0.59%
    2. Shrinking Assets 0.09%
    3. Mission Slimpossibles 0.03%

PLACE TEAM LBS LOSS
    1. Weight No More 28.7 lbs
    2. Shrinking Assets 4.8 lbs
    3. Mission Slimpossibles 1.1 lbs

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    1. @Ademann1 3.17%
    2. @cassiegetsfit2013 2.62%
    3. @timibotkin 2.17%

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOSS
    1. @timibotkin 6.2 lbs
    2. @Ademann1 6.0 lbs
    3. @cassiegetsfit2013 5.4 lbs

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    @Beka3695
    @UCGRocks
    @888Angie888
    @raleighgirl09
    @SMcFall0215
    @trooworld
    @missGYST
    @Gidgetgoescrazy
    @Boehle

2l2wchrm58x9.png

• Stefbomb2020
    Stefbomb2020 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    God this week past week was filled with food...now in my friends place...as my place has many covid 19 cases...and will be kinda locked in for about 2 weeks.... hoping not to put on weight as she keeps on cooking and baking and frying for her youtube channel...

But got my birthday coming up....next month on the 29th....losing weight is becoming such a task now being at home... with work.. hardly any place to move abt in my friends house...and with that foodie around
  • jugar
    Options
    God this week past week was filled with food...now in my friends place...as my place has many covid 19 cases...and will be kinda locked in for about 2 weeks.... hoping not to put on weight as she keeps on cooking and baking and frying for her youtube channel...

But got my birthday coming up....next month on the 29th....losing weight is becoming such a task now being at home... with work.. hardly any place to move abt in my friends house...and with that foodie around

This is tough stuff! Try to measure and control your portions as much as you can, and keep lots of munchy low-calorie food on hand - pickles, raw veggies, fruits, etc. You need to help your friend find other people to share with!!! :heart:
  • Cafelelia
    Options
    pxb725gg9wzi.jpg
    a8cw9frxm1no.png

4sbcn81i18st.png
    xcyu6ds8wvv6.png
    kd7dd6to9cxk.png

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    1. Trimstones 1.34%
    2. Weight No More 1.28%
    3. WaistAways 1.16%

PLACE TEAM LBS LOSS
    1. Weight No More 62.3 lbs
    2. Trimstones 58.8 lbs
    3. Downsizers 53.5 lbs

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    1. @raleighgirl09 5.29%
    2. @kirsten11872 5.08%
    3. @Emmajhare 4.84%

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOSS
    1. @raleighgirl09 9.8lbs
    2. @kirsten11872 9.1 lbs
    3. @missGYST 9.0 lbs

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    @ltopinka84
    @ELENA01
    @destiny_sierra
    @UCGRocks
    @Beka3695
    @unevano
    @lexabeep
    @Beka3695
    @1theresamcvean

mys8juqxkw8s.png

• conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Kristi and I live in the US in Washington state on 120 acres. I am 37 and have been married to my wonderful husband for 12 years. We have 3 kids who keep us busy. I'm a school occupational therapist and am on summer break at the moment. Just wrapped up a very unusual school year. I have been working on my weight for the past 15 months. I have gone from 255 to 217 and I am on the slow and steady plan. I am really interested in making changes that I can integrate into every day life. I don't like to plan separate meals for myself and really try to make meals my whole family enjoys. I get a lot of traditonal exercise during the week but would like to see my steps consistently hit 10k a day. Right now I get 7k to 8k. My goals for July are increase steps and keep calories in the 1200 to 1350 range. My husband got me a paddle board for Christmas and I just got to try it out a few day ago. My end of summer goal is to stay ON it😉. I am also looking at reducing added sugar in my diet.

July is a fun month because I have my anniversary and my birthday! Woohoo
  • jugar
    Options
    We have one more new member! @happimess01 will join our happy messy team - should be along soon :smiley:

I'm just about to set up this week's full F2F challenge. It will help reduce the "I'm eating well but not losing" and the "I don't know what I'm doing wrong" and the "Dang. I blew it again" on food. It is all about measuring. Ugh. I know. It is tiresome. But even if you only do it for one week, really well, then you know what the amounts really are. So, dare ya - as soon as I have the link, I'll expect to see you there!
  • Cafelelia
    Options
    8iwvyxlo9lyp.gif

June F2F Milestones

Congratulations @JOYfulNoise89 for making it to twoterland!

And for making it to onederland, congratulations to @chassp8pooh, @Jactop, @Arc130, @Beka3695, @sleepymom5 and @lindamtuck2018!

Well done!!
  • jugar
    Options
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    i7ptbs8f98ja.png
This discussion has been closed.