MISSION SLIMPOSSIBLES Team Chat - July 2020

Options

Replies

• broncobuddee
    broncobuddee Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    leonadixon wrote: »
    leonadixon wrote: »
    Hi everyone! My name is Leona. I'm back for the July challenge! I've been really struggling during this pandemic with my weight loss goals in that I have gained 13 pounds! I joined WW weeks ago and am ready to be back in this game. I've been stalking, just not posting.

@TeresaW1020 , I would like to keep my weigh in date on Wednesdays. Do I use my current weight as the starting point since I was gone for a month?

Good luck everyone!

Hi @leonadixon Welcome back to the challenge part of the spreadsheet! Wednesday is fine. Do you have a current weight from last Wednesday (or something current) we could use for the starting weight?

@broncobuddee , as I was rethinking this, I will do Mondays to keep it consistent with my WW weigh in day. Today's weight is 206.8 last week was 209.6. Which do you want to start with? Thank you!

@leonadixon - perfect! 209.6 is starting weight and 206.8 is week one weigh in.
  • DesertColibri
    DesertColibri Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    @AustinRuadhain hi fellow runner (if I get to call myself that)! I wish I had room for a heavy bag in my apartment/it wouldn’t annoy the downstairs neighbors! What martial arts do you study?

Went for a run this morning and it felt great to get out and in that routine again! Getting out of bed early is the hardest part for me, but my cats seem to want food around the time I need to be up to run, so they won’t let me oversleep too much anyway! Following Hanson’s method and the “easy” runs feel so slow. But part of why I’m doing this is for the challenge of disciplining myself with respect to pacing and not just sprinting shorter distances and then running out of steam too soon for an endurance run, as is my natural inclination.

Also realizing how much water I probably retain by not always drinking enough of it, so really trying to meet hydration goals as set by my Garmin/MFP. So far so good, and kind of kicking myself for not being better about it sooner as it has made a huge difference in my energy levels and feeling less bloated!

Also back in the habit of wearing my garmin watch all day. I was charging it and didn’t have it on for a good bit of yesterday, but want to make sure it logs in fitrockr!
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    @GretchenReine, great goals for July! Girl, I feel your pain. I too had an ex from hell. Fortunately, I don’t have to deal with mine anymore. Now, don’t get defeated. Our motto around here is that we NEVER give up. As long as you are trying you are a whole lot closer to your goal than those that aren’t trying at all. Right? ;)

@MommaGemz, black coffee isn’t bad at all. If you ever want to read a VERY good and comprehensive book on IF, I really recommend Gin Stephen’s new book, “Fast, Feast, Repeat.” In it, you will learn all about the importance of the clean fast and all the health benefits that it gives us. It’s not just for weight loss although that will definitely be a very welcome perk for me! Gin also has a podcast that is called Intermittent Fasting Stories. The stories of just regular people are so inspiring. I think your anniversary plans sound amazing!! I LOVE champagne. What will you watch on Netflix. :grin:

@trooworld, I bought the Starbucks iced coffee today as a treat for us this afternoon. Sure is cheaper than sending DH up the road for two Venti iced coffees. How awful that you have to go to a hotel. How long will you be there? When we had leak a few years ago we had to stay in one for over a week to get the floors refinished. Don’t stress eat!! <3

@bethanie0825, you are doing so amazing!! You will totally be in the 220’s next week. And if not then VERY soon. Keep it up! B)

Hey everyone! Today was a good day. I went grocery shopping, had a good workout, and listened to fasting podcasts while I worked on my puzzle that is a collage of ice cream brands. Last night I even dreamed of ice cream. :p:D I only fasted a little over 16 hours today. I was super hungry after doing the shopping and ended up eating the leftover chicken and rice we had for dinner last night. Tomorrow, I’m going to shoot for another 22 to 23 hours. You all have a good evening. :)
  • raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    raleighgirl09
    Tuesday check in

Hiya, gang! It's been a good day - a long walk this morning and a bike ride this afternoon. Water intake is over target, calories under target. Sleep has been good - and I keep picking away at some decluttering chores... => I've been pre-logging food for this week which has been reallyREALLY helpful in keeping me in calorie range.

Exciting stuff on deck for tomorrow - I have a small contracting gig while I'm looking for work, going to see them tomorrow early and will have some work for the next couple of weeks. Not sure how much but it will be nice to flex my work muscles... =>

3rd visit to the chiropractor today - the hip pain kinda comes and goes but seems (???) like maybe (???) it's easing up...? I dunno, I'm going to continue light stretching and hope that the last couple of days with a much more tolerable level becomes a trend. I can take a one-off day, if I have to, just hoping those get further anf further apart.

@cherrymajoni wow, lady, you are kickin' BUTT!!!
    @TeresaW1020 I wonder if you had some 'backlash' hunger, following days of longer fasting. One thing that I hear in my podcast a lot, and your IF seems to champion this thought - hunger is not an emergency for the vast majority of us in this country. What are some of the ways in which you allow hunger to pass or avoid letting it get to you? I bet you have some good advice to give - whether it is an on-purpose hunger, a surprise hunger or an urge. I think you are building and flexing important muscles with your IFing. But giving up half and half...? For me - that's crazy talk!!! :#:#:#
    @bethanie0825 great weigh-in and we're all cheering your new 220s adventure! Exciting to go into new digits... B)
    @DesertColibri I feel like one of my stategies for less water retention - drinking more water - worked. There wer other things but I still do tend to retain when I don't get enough hydration so I think you're spot on. I love my tracker - I love going to the dashboard and seeing the stats! Times I have forgotten to charge it have been sadness!! =>
    @katmary71 hey, when a good thing happens....it happens! You can't help a pandemic coming along at the same time something sparked! Haha, very happy for you - so glad th supplements are already showing signs of helping!
    @GretchenReine I love your solid goals for the month! This is a great place to land while logging and working the new habits that will help you reach your weight loss goals; the gain/lose cycle does not have to be the way you (we - I) continue!!
    @MommaGemz congrats on the 10 year anniversary! I hope you have an absolutely wonderful day - complete without stressing one meal or even one day in an entire journey! Enjoy it - and enjoy those hunnybunny snuggles during Netflix!! <3<3<3 Because champagne and Netflix are the perfect snuggle elixir!
    @trooworld OH NO!! Wow, I have been through the complete bathroom reno and it is. NO. FUN. =< Wow, I hope it doesn't last long and that you guys get back home quickly! And, well, if ya gotta be inconvenienced, a nice sparkly bathroom is not a bad thing to get outta the deal!!
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    @Jactop - I have so much Stampin' Up, it's ridiculous! I've been buying it for 15 years and became a demo 7 years ago :smile:

@Katmary71 - The DNA test my daughter did was prescribed through her doctor. He swabbed her and sent it in to the lab. It's not an over-the-counter test that anyone can buy. It's worth asking your doctor about, even if you decide not to do it.

Well, everyone...I had my doctor visit today...here's how it went:
    bhsb9gke3zj2.jpg

3 more weeks. So I decided to go all out with another obnoxious color - highlighter yellow. Better to be safe with the extra 3 weeks because if this doesn't work, I'm basically SOL.
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    @AustinRuadhain hey, thanks for reposting the challenge - I just checked it out and it is a really great one! I have been weighing and measuring some things faithfully while other things I always guess - such as my salad dressing. Since I have salad almost daily, that could be quite the misstep if wrong. Starting tomorrow, measuring the dressing! I checked these out and have them earmarked to dive into! "** If interested, check out the nonprofit, research-based site nutritionfacts.org, as a great place to start. I am partway through listening to Tactics for Sustained Weight Loss, an interview he did with Rich Roll, and am loving it."
    Hey, there! SO glad the bumping the challenge was helpful!
    Oh, and reading your intro, I am so inspired at your being down 60 pounds, with just 15 or so to go! WOW!
    And look at you -- #1 on the leaderboard! Down over 5%! Wow!

@Katmary71 - I think you would kick many people's patootie, if they tried to keep up with your workouts! I know I find them inspiring!
    Thanks again, since we are on that subject, for all the fun workout options you have shared!

@TeresaW1020 - Hurray for learning to love black coffee! And I so get that! I used to have a bad Starbucks Caramel Macchiato addiction, and now I have two kinds of ground coffee in my pantry to choose from, and drink them both black!

@GretchenReine - Your goals are AWESOME! I reallyreallyREALLY love that your goals are all actions, things you can work on every day.

@MommaGemz - Enjoy that wedding anniversary! Champagne, a fancy takeout meal and Netflix sounds like a lovely plan! And congratulations in advance!

@trooworld - Oh, my, SO sorry to hear about the bathroom problem. Do your best and we'll look forward to 'seeing' you soon!
    Oh, and I missed why on earth you might be annoying people. Will have to go back and see what I missed. I'll just say now that I have yet to find you annoying!

Okay, off to get in the last of my steps before bed! Short report on today -- Food, Water & Exercise all in the green!
  • raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Okay, off to get in the last of my steps before bed! Short report on today -- Food, Water & Exercise all in the green!

@AustinRuadhain Holy Step Meister, Batman!!! Finishing up steps at 11:28pm - my hero!! :DB)
  • Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    @Jactop - I have so much Stampin' Up, it's ridiculous! I've been buying it for 15 years and became a demo 7 years ago :smile:
    I've been a demo for 14. Have you ever gone to convention? Maybe we've met. My last one was their 25th anniversary.

Monday/Tuesday check in
    Carbs were higher than I'd like but calories were good. Mon stationary bike and 19k steps but Tue was sad. Low steps, no exercise and not enough water so I feel like a blowfish this morning.

I'm on my stationary bike now trying to loosen up my joints so I can get on a motorcycle. Hubby bought one and we're going for our first ride today. Fingers crossed I can get on and off without falling on my butt. It's been a lot of years since we're had a motorcycle

• DesertColibri
    DesertColibri Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    @raleighgirl09 Yes, all the stats and such on the dashboard are so satisfying! Even helps with trying to meet hydration goals.

@MommaGemz Enjoy the wedding anniversary and congrats!

@vegan4lyfe2012 Hope you heal well and soon! I do like the cast color though, if you have to wear one.

• TeresaW1020
    Options
    Good morning team and happy first day of July!! I just love a new month. It's a time for reflection on what needs improving and a time for celebration on what has gone right. Here are my July goals. I would love to read what your goals. :)

My goals for July are:
    1) Increase my CLEAN fasting times to 4 days a week 22-24 hrs. with the other three days 18 to 20 hrs.
    2) Exercise: Continue my Beachbody On Demand hybrid calendar of weights and Barre.
    3) Join and participate in a "Fast Feast Repeat" book club in my FB group.
    4) Lose 10 lbs and finally be in Onderland!!
    5) Be kind to me! If I stumble in my goals, I will NOT give up. I will dust myself off and begin again.

g459i6utihy3.jpg
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,887 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 Yes it is! We will be at the hotel for about 9 days but the good news is that they didn't have to take out the toilet yesterday and will not have to take it out until probably Friday, so we can stay here until then! Unfortunately, I've done a little stress eating. :( Not snacking, but lunch yesterday, I didn't feel like cooking and I told my husband he could cook and he didn't cook a point-friendly meal. And dinner the night before: we ordered delivery and it wasn't healthy either. Kudos to a good day! Great July goals!!!

@raleighgirl09 Congrats on the contracting gig, I hope it goes well. That's good the hip pain is easing up. Yeah, they said it's going to be like 9-11 days so not bad. I hope it goes by fast and it comes out well!

@vegan4lyfe2012 Oh no! Well, you are right, better safe than sorry. I like the color!

@AustinRuadhain Thank you. Able to check in today, for that I'm grateful. I thought maybe because I was posting so much food-related stuff. I can be obsessive about food lol. Congrats on being in the green!

Hello everyone. They did not end up putting us in the hotel yet, we will go on Friday (we have a toilet until then). I'm grateful to be in my house until then. Other than that, I feel in a holding pattern and feel very restless.

Tuesday
    Calories: over/under: over
    Water: over/under under
    Exercise: ----
    Goals or Improvements for tomorrow: stay within my points, 2 bottles (26 oz) of water
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,555 Member
    Options
    OMG, I was finally caught up with everyone and had posted a huge response to everyone and pressed the wrong key, it won't let me undo it! Shoot, I can't retype all that, I'm so sorry! I emailed the genetic test information to myself to check out in a bit. Out of the medical journals I read the one red flag is vitamin absorption issues in an ethnicity similar to Armenians so it may be a genetic mutation that could've happened in the last 4 years or so as I had some problems with my legs and other health issues then. I seem to get almost every health issue on both sides of my family, it's really frustrating to be so unhealthy when I'm eating half the produce department a week and exercising every day. Got rid of my diabetes medication and now I'm taking 4 vitamins and going on a nerve pain medication. I was so happy going off about 10 fairly hardcore pain medications a few years ago so it sucks to have so many pills to swallow again.

My pain went back up, I babysat my younger nephew yesterday and we made pesto and harvested a bag of herbs for him to take home. I kept telling him where to trim all my basils and he kept cutting them right above the root instead, I have some bald basil plants but it still came out really good and he's really taken to gardening when he's here. I put it on salmon last night for dinner and it's now one of my favorite ways to eat it. I fake how I feel around my nephews, I tend to do it with everyone and pretend I'm fine aside of not being able to move normal and needing to have my legs elevated at all times, out of all people I don't want to freak them out.

Check-in
    30 minutes of cardio- done.
    Weights- skipped yesterday
    Yoga- skipped yesterday
    Recipe- the pesto but that was easy, didn't have pine nuts so I cracked walnuts that were displayed in a bowl on the coffee table. I'm making the Giant Parmesan Turkey Meatball again tonight for the guy I'm seeing. I do vegetarian Wednesdays, I should've just planned on the chickpea broccoli Thug Kitchen burritos but feel kind of bad as I made broccoli last night too. I love variety in things like dressings but tend to eat similar food each day.
    Steps- 14,000
    Tiny habits- still doing 2/3, need to start job searching again but the market's a mess right now plus I can't sit, stand, or walk well now so I'll start working on my resume and sign back up for college classes.

• MommaGemz
    MommaGemz Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 Thank you for the book recommendation! I'll look for it on Amazon today :) I really love how clear and specific your goals for the month are.

@cherrymajoni Wow, fantastic accomplishment today! That's an amazing workout!

@raleighgirl09 Congrats on the contracting work! I hope you feel better after the chiropractor. Hip pain is extra annoying because it's part of nearly every movement.

@vegan4lyfe2012 Dang - 3 more weeks! :( I'm so sorry. At least you chose a very uplifting and cheery color to look at for awhile!

@Jactop - Whoooooo, enjoy that motorcycle ride! That sounds exciting. I hope you have good weather for your nice ride :)

@trooworld I totally understand how you feel with stress causing a little stress eating. When I am dealing with change and anxiety, the last thing I want to do is meal plan or measure when I cook. Wishing you the best while you're waiting for everything to be completed <3

@GretchenReine We all have to start somewhere and that initial weigh-in is the beginning of our commitment to self-care and self-love. I measured myself for the first time today and... OUCH. So I get what that shock to the system feels like. I feel like we've been having such a similar experience. 2019 kicked my booty and I was really looking forward to a positive and uplifting 2020. Instead, this year is really trying to "outdo" 2019 ("Hold my Beer!"). You have excellent, specific goals, so just take it one day at a time. Wishing you the very very best - we're in this together!! <3<3

@Katmary71 I'm so sorry you're in so much pain. Hopefully the extra meds are just temporary and you can eliminate them soon.

My Update: This week has been particularly frustrating and stressful. My husband is on his "onsite" week at work, so I have no help with the kids during the day. I've gotten really used to having the extra hands to allow me to run errands and do extra chores. There were some extra disappointments causing some sleepless, stressed out nights. And my stationary bike delivery has been delayed to.... who knows when. I know this is all temporary and I can get through it until Saturday, but I really, really want to comfort eat and snack all day long. Thank goodness for pre-tracking and all of the accountability measures I have been taking. I stick to the plan, no matter how frustrated I get.

Thank you so much for the inspiration, motivation and determination in your posts that really help me stay on track!!!
  • TeresaW1020
    Options
    @MommaGemz, bummer about your bike being delayed. I know you were looking forward to it. Yes, I imagine it is very stressful to be the only one at home taking care of the kids and chores. Hang in there and keep being good to yourself. I hope you do order the book. IF has truly changed my life! :)

@Katmary71, ohhh my goodness how awful to lose your post! That is why I write mine on a Word.doc. ;) That is interesting about vitamin absorption. I totally think you would probably benefit from a through genic testing to see exactly what might be the best foods and nutrients for your body. The good thing about basil is that it grows so very fast. :grin: Mmmm pesto!!

@GretchenReine, you have great goals for July. Could you please add the one that I added at the end of my goals and that is to be kind to yourself. You may have a meal or even a whole day or two where you will struggle to meet your goals. Don’t throw out your hard work but instead just carry on with what you have decided is best for you. We on this team believe in you and that you are going to have an amazing month!! <3

@trooworld, nine days is no fun! Is the hotel dog friendly? Will you have a kitchenette in the hotel room. We had both and that really helped us. We had dinner out every night but at least we could do breakfast/lunch and make coffee. :)

Hi everyone! Well, I did a 22 hour fast and broke it with a Light & Fit Keylime Greek yogurt with pecans and then made a pepperoni and mushroom pizza on Flatout flatbread. My workout today was a bicep/back weight program and Barre cardio. I pushed myself hard today because tomorrow is my off day and my body is ready for it. I swept my floors and cleaned my kitchen really well. Then I listened to my fasting podcast and finished the puzzle with pictures of ice cream. My next puzzle is one of deer on a farm. Should be way less tempting. :D
  • cherrymajoni
    cherrymajoni Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Wednesday check in

Another great run today am on week 5 of my 9 week coach to 5k

New personal best 1k is 7m36s love it and very proud of me 😁

Went to do food shopping today, had to go several different stores so that contributed to my steps.

Then to make sure I hit my personal 13k steps I did a 1 mile walk YouTube video with Leslie Sansone my smart watch isn't very accurate indoors so not sure if it actually was a mile but mine was only 0.7m which I was still happy with as it made me reach my steps goal and go over 😁

Total calories burnt today 899 🔥💥💥🔥

And total steps 15,500 I have managed to sync onto the fitrocker I don't think it's syncing with the steps from my Huawei watch but atleast it's syncing with my actual phone😁

And best of all I got 6hrs sleep last time and for the same or more today night xx

• MommaGemz
    MommaGemz Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Here's my grand total lost for June and my first official Check-In for this group is tomorrow - Eeeeee! :p

50066549707_6d6e7192fb_n.jpg
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    A quick Wednesday check-in: food good, exercise good. Projects not good.
    Goals for tomorrow: keep food on track, weighed and logged; workout in the morning; clean one shelf in my home office; take ground on projects!

Hey, @MommaGemz - Wow! What a great weight loss in June! Congratulations! 🥳
    And sending big hugs for your stressful week. 👐🏽👐🏽👐🏽
    I am super impressed at your staying on track because you have done all the planning to make that doable. WOW!

@cherrymajoni -- Woohoo!Congratulations on that new Personal Best 1K time! Definitely something to be super proud of! 🏆
    I do the Leslie Sansone videos, too, and am not at all sure that some that say a mile are really a mile. That said, they are a fun indoor way to get steps in! I also like Jenny Ford's marching videos if you want to mix it up. 🚶🏿‍♀️👍🏽
    I think FitRockr will only sync up with one gadget, so if you want to try syncing from your watch, you might have to tweak things?
    YAY to getting enough sleep. That is so important! 👍🏽

@TeresaW1020 - What a great day! 👍🏽
    And your comment about your new puzzle being less tempting really made me giggle!😹

@Katmary71 - I am SO sorry you lost that update you were working on. 👐🏽
    Your poor, bald basil plants! "Bald" made me giggle. Poor plants. But yay to getting help from your nephew -- so sweet!
    I am even sorry to hear that your pain level ticked back up. 👐🏽👐🏽👐🏽
    I did that earlier, and am just now tackling updates again. It is So discouraging to go through all that... and then LOSE it! Even if it was doubtless my error! 😢

@GretchenReine - I so get being appalled at a weigh-in number. I salute you for being willing to stand on the scale anyway, and to put yourself in a group where you will check in! That takes some real toughness. So use that energy.
    I love all your goals! And if it gets to feeling like too much and you aren't meeting them, dial it back a bit if you need to -- like plan to work your way up to doing all those things, if it feels like too much?

@trooworld - AH. I am not the person to tell you if you are too interested in food. I find it super fun. I eat differently than I used to, but still love it!

@Jactop - Wait, a motorcycle? Wow! Fun!😊

@raleighgirl09 - Yes, I did check in late yesterday, but not 11:30 late. I am on central time, so it was a less silly hour to need to do more steps. It6 was totally me being about getting the bar on my Garmin report from being blue to green, as I was only short the daily goal by about 200 steps. I love badges and streaks and stuff. Silly, but Ifigure leaning into it will help keep me moving! :heart:

@vegan4lyfe2012 - I love your new highlighter yellow cast! And I will say again -- I am so impressed at your working to eat well right now, even though you can't move much! 🏆
This discussion has been closed.