WAISTAWAYS Team Chat - July 2020

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,271 Member
    ells_runs wrote: »
    @micki48 and @jugar can I please be back on the board for steps for July?
    I have my work back to normal now so lots of steps during the day 🤭
    Also when is the deadline to post steps for the week? I would prefer to post a photo as a proof, because I do quite a lot, but I don't mind posting my steps every night if that's easier?

01 July steps 16,020
    02 July steps 20,032

Thank you Team ♥️

watch out! look at those numbers :o

And speaking of numbers, Happy Birthday even if it is a day late, @YinxFed !!!! It sounds like you had a fabulous day, and that was much deserved! All the cheery and happy energy is much appreciated :heart:
  • jugar
    Tomorrow it's...
    2soyobrtjs6b.png

Friday weigh-ins!!!! Our big day - get your dancin' shoes on! Or wait a minute, it's better to weigh in without shoes.
    @deniners2
    @KellyBgetsFit
    @Steph1498
    @evangsimmons170
    @SMcFall0215
    @CanadianGiraffe
    @ELENA01
    @happimess01

And still holding out for our late people:
    the wonderful sisters @graceojo999 and @Alexsandramorff and our friend on the waters @CM_73 B)
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 566 Member
    offitgoes wrote: »
    Turned my back on my zucchini plants...
    Always tempting to ignore the zucchini plants but then, one ends up with submarines!
    Are you in an area where you can get tested for C-19? Vermont has “pop-up” testing sites and gets people tested quite quickly. We had it done 2 weeks ago. Reassuring to know more concretely.
    I hope all is well.

As for the skin issues with adhesives - ouch! The last time I had to deal with it I was advised to cover the area with lotion before working on removal. It seemed to break down some of the stickiness.
    Best to all.
  • CanadianGiraffe
    CanadianGiraffe Posts: 205 Member
    We woke up this morning to sunshine after 72 hours of pretty much straight rain, just in time to pack up and drive 5 hours home. But the sunshine followed us here and we got home in time to play 9 holes of golf. :)
    So now I will get back on track with exercise. And I have added a yoga mat to the list of things I need to pack into the trailer so I can at least being doing some stretching if we run into inclement weather again.
  • Cerizez
    Cerizez Posts: 155 Member
    Hello All,

thank you so much for letting me join- I'm delighted to be a part of the group.

I'm based in Dublin (Ireland), we are just coming out of lockdown - but everyone is still working from home.

Last year I was just 3 lbs away from goal weight. However, after a death in the family at Christmas I re-gained most of that weight in Jan/Feb, and am now working on getting back down to goal weight: just 11lbs to go.

I'm hoping to lose 4lbs in July.

One of the good things about lockdown is that I've learnt lots of new recipes. I'm coeliac and allergic to most grains. Prior to my diagnosis, I was vegan/vegetarian for most of my life. After diagnosis, I ended up eating a meat-based paleo diet due to non-stop travel. Lockdown has allowed me the time to discover and practice making vegan/vegetarian paleo recipes. Yesterday I had moroccan falafel, lentil stuffed peppers, and coconut/garlic roast cauliflower. Today I'll be making a vegan thai red curry.

Now, I just need to add the final element: CICO.
  • Cerizez
    Terytha wrote: »
    Today is recommitment day. Should have been yesterday but it was a holiday so we pushed to today: (almost) exactly halfway through 2020, the beginning of the downhill slope to the end, now is the time to gain momentum!

As for me: 100 calories for after dinner snacks/candy per day, period. No more excuses, no more "it's only an extra 20 calories."

No more alcohol until Christmas. I actually thought I was gonna die yesterday, I guess I lost 90 pounds of pure alcohol tolerance.

Less bread, at least until I determine if the bread is hurting my stomach. Maybe I'll pick up sourdough again.

Less take out. I love Pho Friday, but its dangerous: cheap, plentiful, loaded with salt. Hard on my increasingly sensitive stomach (thanks, genetics.)

More fiber, tentatively. I'm gonna try again anyway.

More personal projects and less laziness. I need to work on my mental health and that means picking up my old projects: that book I was writing and my language learning efforts.

Anyone else doing mid-year resolutions?

Hello!

yes to the mid-year resolutions!!! This july refocussing is helping me track my progress and my adherence to healthy habits.

If you're having tummy trouble, maybe take a break from what you're currently eating. I'm coeliac and allergic to lots of other grains including corn and sugar. Check out Elena's pantry for recipes which might help your stomach: https://elanaspantry.com/
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,094 Member
    Update for 2nd July:

Steps - 4065
    Exercise - 41 mins / Week 3 Day 3 / Upper & Lower Body Exercises (with weights)

Happy Friday, everyone!
  • offitgoes
    offitgoes Posts: 755 Member
    Yesterday was great. Ate within calories and got the steps in. DH leg is looking so much better today. From angry red to a light pink this morning. He only missed one day of physical therapy.
  • jugar
    I am impressed! Some great losses, re-commitment, and updates.

@CM_73 - thanks for the weigh-in, and the news. Sounds like you had some very long days. I agree, those people need to re-think their game a bit. Great loss on your part, though! And don't worry too much about your weigh-in day if you are far from a scale. As long as I get one every week by early morning on Sundays (mid-morning for you), everything is ok. Saturday night to be safe.

@Cerizez - welcome! I think we need to share recipes. I don't have coeliac, but my husband does, and I do not get along well with grains. I can get the same carbs from vegetables with no issues, but grains (with very few exceptions) do weird things. I'm more pescatarian than you are, but otherwise it sounds like your recipes are right up my alley, and anyone else who wants to try great vegan ideas. Eleven pounds to go! Soon you'll join me in the Goal Zone - our team section for those who are on maintenance and want to make sure to stay there.

@Steph1498 - don't you hate it that you need to re-commit every 6 weeks or so? Pretty normal in my experience. It is easy to start to slide, but that is one of the things that a team like this helps. The slides don't last too long, and everyone has them. We help each other keep them short and not too damaging. You are getting close too! 15 pounds to go - they are the hard ones. I love that you are lower than in 2013 now, though. WTG!

@SMcFall0215 - the July spreadsheet, and the spreadsheet for every month, always is there on the F2F main page. Just above Announcements.
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/114605-fat-2-fit-weight-loss-challenge-and-support-group

@KellyBgetsfit and @happimess01 - GREAT losses! Whether it's sleep or good measuring and counting, exercise or whatever - well done!

@YinxFed I'll get your exercise posted later today - have some catching up to do... :grimace:

Everyone - don't forget, along with counting steps, if you post the amount of other exercise you do in MINUTES, I then "translate" that into steps and add it to your count. I use a standard conversion chart and it helps keep those counts up if you do more biking, workouts, or whatever that does not add up on your step tracker.

Tally ho! See you all later.
  • CanadianGiraffe
    PW 176.4
    CW 173.6 :)
    LTD 26.8
  • deniners2
    deniners2 Posts: 968 Member
    PW: 151
    CW: 149.5
    LTD: 59.5
  • deniners2
    deniners2 Posts: 968 Member
    I was able to tie my running shoes tighter today, and I didn't feel Achilles pain as I worked out & did errands. I hope this is a great sign. :)
  • jugar
    Weigh in update ---

Remaining Friday people:
    @evangsimmons170
    @ELENA01

Due Saturday:
    @Terytha
    @Micki48
    @matthewsfive
    @Stefbomb2020
    @Cerizez

Overdue:
    @graceojo999
    @alexsandramorff

Please try to have everyone up to date by the end of the day Saturday - thanks!
  • CanadianGiraffe
    deniners2 wrote: »
    I hope this is a great sign. :)
    Fingers crossed...
    deniners2 wrote: »
    PW: 151
    CW: 149.5
    LTD: 59.5
    Good work! If you don't mind me asking, when did you start your weight loss? I'm asking because your starting weight was pretty close to mine and you are now about my current goal weight. So I'm curious about what might be realistic for me to expect...

• Cerizez
    @jugar

I've re-introduced fish, so sounds like we do indeed have the same diet.

Happy to share. : )
  • Cerizez
    PW: 136
    CW: 135.5
    LTD: 0.5
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,322 Member
    Yay!! I FINALLY got in. I’m not sure what was going on, but I’m back on so yay! I missed you. Just read through 45 posts.

Welcome new members! I’m right there with the extended plateau AGAIN. I need to re-evaluate and set goals. @conleywoods thanks for that great information. Sadly, it kinda feels like our bodies work against us.

@YinxFed Happy Birthday to you!! I’m glad you had a great day.

Hope no one has Covid19 and the test proves it. Glad the ship is safe and you are home. Chocolate wine—wow! Camping and summer plans. What a week.

I’ve had a GREAT stepping week. Walks, chasing a 2 y/o, gardening, painting, reorganizing a library with too many books. No Pilates though and I MISS it so much. Logging has been ok. A few days, I logged the next morning. But pretty sure I closed every day ultimately. Measuring every little thing—didn’t do as well as I would have liked, but being back on a new schedule probably was part of the reason. Time is pinched. My scale was up again one day this week. Back to last weeks weight early this am. I will weigh one more time in a few and post my official weight.

Happy Interdependence Day as I heard one news person call it. We are all in this together now more than ever. I sure hope your cases are going down where you are. Ours are going straight up. 😢

Have a wonderful day!!💞✨🤗
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,322 Member
    Saturday weigh in
    Week 1
    PW 192.6
    CW 192 🤗
    LTD 31.5 (4/2018)
    Wishing all of our American friends a Happy Independence Day although I'm sure with the current situation it will feel very different than previous ones. Let me say that I have been very saddened watching your COVID-19 news these past evenings. Please know that thoughts and prayers are with you. Stay safe and healthy!

Thank you!🙏🏼 It is so sad to see our country in such a predicament. So many people getting sick and unnecessarily dying. Some people are just so impatient and selfish here they just can’t follow simple guidelines for a little while.😷 Losing our place in the world. 😢
    Terytha wrote: »
    PW: 181.6
    CW: 179.4

Maybe a good sign for the end of the plateau? I saw this once before but only briefly while dehydrated so we'll see if this lasts.

I've been very good about my sugar for the last two days.

Congratulations 🎉🎈🎊 Yay, 170s. You are a queen 👑. So proud of you and your amazing success.
  • Stefbomb2020
    Stefbomb2020 Posts: 289 Member
    CW 165.3 LBS😪

My scale doesnt seem to move.... just hoping that mh July gets me in the 150s.....
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 986 Member
    Happy independence day to all in the US! No fireworks for us this year. We usually stay home anyway and are high enough on the mountain that we can see the fireworks in the valley below. Oh well! We are having a bbq and I made a yummy cake with 7 minute frosting and fresh berries on top!

My weight still goes up and down but it is staying closer to 217 and I am hoping to see 215 and hit 40 lbs down officially. @micki48 It really does seem our bodies work against us. Weight loss is hard but we are stubborn and won't give up! 😃 @yinxfed Happy birthday! Hope it was a great day. @terytha congrats on the nice weigh in. This is awesome progress.

I was supposed to get my hair done on Monday but I canceled since our area has tons of new cases daily. I'm sad but it was the right thing to do. Can't wait for there to be a better plan for covid. Or more information!
This discussion has been closed.