Options
    Steps 7/14: 20,540

Amazing steps :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,302 Member
    Options
    19shmoo69 wrote: »
    Why are we so quiet today ? :/

The reason I'm mostly quiet is because it is difficult to hold conversations on here. If it were structured like the regular newsfeed it would be easier. I have to go find each individual response. The other issue, to me, is if I get hugs or likes etc..there is no way to see who liked it. With that said there is no way for us to correct it. Just my thoughts.

I completely understand what you are saying ....It would be nice to see who is liking something or who is giving hugs ... I hope you have a wonderful day :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    I would like for you all to know me a little better since I am new as of last month with this group ...... My name is Megan .... I was born in Canada (Alberta) I was adopted at 9 weeks old ..... I have lived in California most of my life ... I have 2 kids .. a 20 year old son and a 14 year old daughter (whom I home school)... I am a single mom ...been divorced since 2005 .... I am an animal lover .... I have 2 cats (almost 15 years old) ... 2 dogs (German Shepherd named Dakota) and a Siberian Husky named Aspen they will be 3 years old in Oct. and Dec. ...and I have a parrot named Petey :) .... growing up I was the skinny one ..... as soon as I had kids I ballooned up ....when I delivered my son I was 240 ..got down to about 150 ..then got preggo with my daughter ...back up to 240 .....I have been on this site off and on since 2009... I had a bad habit of letting things get in my way (3 deaths in 2009/2010) gave up and deleted my account ..... I kept coming back but gave up so many times and deleting my accounts ....so I made this account Dec. 2018 ready to start on Jan. 1st 2019 and bam I was sick ....couldn't breathe ( I had bad asthma and I smoked for 30+ years) I know not the smartest thing I have done ....anyway after a week of not feeling good/not being able to catch my breathe .... my roomate took me to the ER .... I had the flu so I was admitted ...I was there for 9 days (never being away from my daughter) ...I was diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes ... and later I found out I also had pneumonia ...Fast forward to today ... I have been smoked free since Jan. 2019 .... I am back on Keto .... I have lost 30 lbs ...I still have over 100 lbs to lose ....I promised myself never again with I give up on myself again ....I have been logging in over 500 days ....so this is me in a nutshell .........Looking forward to getting to know each and everyone of you :)
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,530 Member
    Options
    I would like for you all to know me a little better since I am new as of last month with this group ...... My name is Megan .... I was born in Canada (Alberta) I was adopted at 9 weeks old ..... I have lived in California most of my life ... I have 2 kids .. a 20 year old son and a 14 year old daughter (whom I home school)... I am a single mom ...been divorced since 2005 .... I am an animal lover .... I have 2 cats (almost 15 years old) ... 2 dogs (German Shepherd named Dakota) and a Siberian Husky named Aspen they will be 3 years old in Oct. and Dec. ...and I have a parrot named Petey :) .... growing up I was the skinny one ..... as soon as I had kids I ballooned up ....when I delivered my son I was 240 ..got down to about 150 ..then got preggo with my daughter ...back up to 240 .....I have been on this site off and on since 2009... I had a bad habit of letting things get in my way (3 deaths in 2009/2010) gave up and deleted my account ..... I kept coming back but gave up so many times and deleting my accounts ....so I made this account Dec. 2018 ready to start on Jan. 1st 2019 and bam I was sick ....couldn't breathe ( I had bad asthma and I smoked for 30+ years) I know not the smartest thing I have done ....anyway after a week of not feeling good/not being able to catch my breathe .... my roomate took me to the ER .... I had the flu so I was admitted ...I was there for 9 days (never being away from my daughter) ...I was diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes ... and later I found out I also had pneumonia ...Fast forward to today ... I have been smoked free since Jan. 2019 .... I am back on Keto .... I have lost 30 lbs ...I still have over 100 lbs to lose ....I promised myself never again with I give up on myself again ....I have been logging in over 500 days ....so this is me in a nutshell .........Looking forward to getting to know each and everyone of you :)

I can relate to being the skinny one growing up. I never had a weight problem until after my second child. Then gradually I just kept getting heavier and heavier until finally in Feb 2019 at 262.8 pounds I decided to start losing weight.

Congratulations on quitting smoking. I have watched my husband try to quit and I know it is a really tough thing to do. I am glad you are not going to give up on yourself.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Anyone else having trouble getting into the community? I had a ton of trouble getting in and the site is also not syncing my Fitbit.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options

I can relate to being the skinny one growing up. I never had a weight problem until after my second child. Then gradually I just kept getting heavier and heavier until finally in Feb 2019 at 262.8 pounds I decided to start losing weight.

Congratulations on quitting smoking. I have watched my husband try to quit and I know it is a really tough thing to do. I am glad you are not going to give up on yourself.

Thanks Linda ...I quit because I was sick and I couldn't breathe ... so the entire week before going to the ER I did not have a cigarette ...so when I got admitted they kept asking me if I wanted a patch ... I said nope I am good :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Anyone else having trouble getting into the community? I had a ton of trouble getting in and the site is also not syncing my Fitbit.

I wasn't able to log in for 3 hours due to them doing Maintenance ....Not sure why they can't do updates at like 2am instead of mornings/afternoons .... very annoying to say the least
  • cesse47
    cesse47 Posts: 947 Member
    Options

I wasn't able to log in for 3 hours due to them doing Maintenance ....Not sure why they can't do updates at like 2am instead of mornings/afternoons .... very annoying to say the least

Same here ... about 3-4 hours down.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    cesse47 wrote: »

Same here ... about 3-4 hours down.

Super annoying huh :/
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    I tried to workout to my Country Heat DVD.... I could only do 30 minutes due to my ankle I twisted/sprained last Tuesday ..at least I tried :)
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    I tried to workout to my Country Heat DVD.... I could only do 30 minutes due to my ankle I twisted/sprained last Tuesday ..at least I tried :)

Great job trying! Sounds like a fun workout.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options

Great job trying! Sounds like a fun workout.

Thanks Linda .... It is a fun workout once you know the moves :)
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    Tuesday’s check in
    Calories: under
    Exercise: ❌
    Water: ✅

Steps 7/14 3,739

You can see by my steps I didn’t do much yesterday. I think part of the problem is my sleep is really getting broken due to the issue with my shoulder. I have to stop procrastinating and phone my rheumatologist about getting a cortisone shot. I am my own worst enemy.

I need some suggestions on a new drink choice. I usually drink diet ice tea or club soda. The last few weeks I have not been able to get them at the supermarket. I haven’t been able to get ice tea in over a month. The big problem is my craving for coke cola is coming back as I have replaced my bad addiction to pop with these drinks. I don’t like Diet Coke or any other diet pop. Any suggestions? I do drink a fair amount of water already.

Today’s goals
    1. Walk 30 minutes minimum ✅
    2. 10,000 steps
    3. Stay within calorie goal
    4. Drink 8 cups of water
    5. Bed by 10:30 pm

Seltzer water is what I drink. There are several brands and flavors.
  • 19shmoo69
    Options
    5 sets of 10 reps of leaning against the countertop pushups
    5 sets of 10 reps of leaning against the countertop planks
    5 sets of 10 reps of jumping jacks
    5 sets of 10 reps of modified bicycle crunches. (I cannot use the exercise ball I bought as I kept falling/rolling off of it. But hey, my teens love it. They sit and bounce for hours. Lol)(I'm mot sure I did the reps correct but at least my face is not purple any more.)
    2 sets of 10 reps of lunges. (My right knee cannot do them. I'll have to find something else to do.)
  • 19shmoo69
    Options
    7/15 steps 14937
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    5 sets of 10 reps of leaning against the countertop pushups
    5 sets of 10 reps of leaning against the countertop planks
    5 sets of 10 reps of jumping jacks
    5 sets of 10 reps of modified bicycle crunches. (I cannot use the exercise ball I bought as I kept falling/rolling off of it. But hey, my teens love it. They sit and bounce for hours. Lol)(I'm mot sure I did the reps correct but at least my face is not purple any more.)
    2 sets of 10 reps of lunges. (My right knee cannot do them. I'll have to find something else to do.)

Well done :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    7/15 steps 14937

Amazing steps :)
  • michelleywardell
    michelleywardell Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Well, the stuff in job has been worked out. All ok now. I really like Noom so far. Its helping me analyze my habits and triggers. I like the coaching they provide it gives me accountability.

Just tracking still weighing in on Sundays😉

PW 182.1
    CW 180.1

Steps

7/14 24581
    7/15 4386
  • leeniekat
    leeniekat Posts: 145 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Thank you guys so much for the supportive words... I'm getting back to my better self little by little. I bought a bicycle today! I haven't had one since I was in middle school and it was literally more than double the price it sells for retail, but I really wanted it so I went for it. My weigh-in for today...

Username: missgyst
    Weigh-in Day: Wednesday
    Weigh-in week: 3
    Starting Weight: 229.0
    Previous weight: 214.0
    Current weight: 211.4

(and yes, the avatar change is because I had myself a WFH midlife crisis and dyed my hair purple!)
  • Z10Rtza
    Z10Rtza Posts: 450 Member
    Options

Nice to know more of you :)
This discussion has been closed.