Options

Replies

• Z10Rtza
    Z10Rtza Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Monday Weigh In
    PW: 173lb
    CW: 173lb

I have not had the best starting weekend/day today. I didn't prep, I did not sleep well, I did not exercise, and I lost my motivation for the day somewhere. The summer is making me sluggish and working from home is.... ugh. That's not going to do well for me... so start again!
    So I am going to attempt what other team members are doing and do a daily check in with mini goals. Here are my goals to begin tomorrow.

Daily goals:
    1. under calories?
    2. 30 min of exercise?
    3. 1 liter of water?
    4. 30 min of relaxing time?

For days like this, I recommend you to write down the things that you did good. They can be small things like cleaning your teeth but it helps a lot to make a positive list
  • Z10Rtza
    Options
    z3140atv01bv.png

Do you prefer to workout at home or at a gym and why?

I much prefer the gym. It gives me another vibe and more tools
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    mszoueb wrote: »
    Monday check in

Hi all, just checking in with a weigh in day. Unfortunately this morning on the scale I weighed in at 252.6. The scales initially said 252.8/253 but then changed the batteries as it had been a while since doing so, so goes to show how batteries can effect the calibration. I'm not overly worried about the gain as a few days ago I checked in and was at 251.8 so. I was still active last week with getting a few walks in and a bike ride so that is at least something.

Keep in mind that when you start a new workout regimen and change your eating habits, it takes some time for the body to follow. Don’t worry about a small gain. Just je doing what you know works for you and I’m the weight will take care of itself. I’m sure you will have a nice drop next week. 🤞🏻❤️
  • Z10Rtza
    Options
    jenmurphy3 wrote: »
    I’m a little lost, where do I go to post my weight for week 1?

You post it here 😉
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    Good morning. I'm with all my things ready and at 9:45 I start the gym. I'm outside the BasicFit thinking I DID IT! I'm here!
    The steps from yesterday were crapppy 6.484 steps But today it will be better!

Yes!! Well done get to g yourself to the gym. How did you do? What was your workout? Are you doing both cardio and strength?
    Happy new week all.
    Goals for the week.
    1. Stick to calorie allowance
    2. 2. 5x 30mins workout

Wishing you a successful week as well! Good luck with all your goals! Be sure to check in and let us know how you are doing 💪🏻
  • Z10Rtza
    Options
    Morning! Yesterday was a really horrible day. I went to the gym and I received a video call from my parents that at the end they are not coming on Wednesday. My mum was ugly crying, my dad quite cranky from the situation .. And at that moment I was lucky that I was in the gym because I did my sport extra hard. After the gym I went for a walk. Looking for a quiet place to crush but no luck. I went home and then I started crying and panic attack, anxiety attacks, I cut my hair :( I( have that when I'm doing real bad) and I didn't eat until really really late in the day. Which I ended up eating a vegan burguer in McDonald's :(
    Today I don't feel better but at least I got quite some steps. 19.023 steps
    My goal for today is eating the 5 meals. At least 3 of them and be out of bed
  • Z10Rtza
    Options
    Good morning. I'm with all my things ready and at 9:45 I start the gym. I'm outside the BasicFit thinking I DID IT! I'm here!
    The steps from yesterday were crapppy 6.484 steps But today it will be better!

Yes!! Well done get to g yourself to the gym. How did you do? What was your workout? Are you doing both cardio and strength?
    Happy new week all.
    Goals for the week.
    1. Stick to calorie allowance
    2. 2. 5x 30mins workout

Wishing you a successful week as well! Good luck with all your goals! Be sure to check in and let us know how you are doing 💪🏻

I did Elliptical machine as cardio and the rest strength machines
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    inky92 wrote: »
    Happy Monday!
    This week, I'm gonna try eating more fruit and veg - I love the stuff, but recently I've been cooking nice things and 'skipping' the veg. I'm making a pasta dish tonight and will be including a big salad, and tomorrow's chicken wraps will include loads of bell peppers and maybe some courgette (and more salad on the side). I roasted some broccoli and carrots with my Sunday lamb last night - reduced the potatoes and skipped dessert too :)
    Found out I'll likely be working from home till December, which means I don't get to walk to bus/work (a big part of my daily exercise). So I'm gonna try use that 30 mins each evening to do some cycling - I can't just be sitting on sofa all day!

Such great ways to include veg I to your meals! I love adding side salads whenever possible. And yum yum chicken wraps. One of my favorite meals and loaded with veggies is a plus! Great idea to add in an evening cycle as well.
    rhaaa wrote: »
    Monday weigh in:
    Previous weight 299
    Current weight 292
    Total loss to date 68 pounds.

I am on my phone so please forgive spelling/grammar. I am a 48 year old man that has been on a weight loss journey for about 7 years. I have a wonderful 14 year old daughter. Over the years I have always lost some, gained some back. I got as low as 238 a couple of years ago but life derailed me. I have always had a fairly easy time losing weight it’s the keeping it off that I have always struggled with, but I’m sick of riding this yo-yo I am jumping off this time for good. I enjoy lifting weights and walking.

You will notice I also make ALOT of typos on my posts and I blame it on my fat fingers. Well done on your loss this week! Very impressive progress so far! I totally understand the yo-yo life. I have done it my whole life. I’ve always been overweight / obese and have always been on some sort of diet cause if ups and downs for as long as I remember. But like you, one day I o it my foot down and decided this is it. I’m done and now I will lose it and keen it off. We can both do this. I’m looking forward to witness you succeed.

• dness1203
    dness1203 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Last week 291.6
    This week 291.0
    Not huge, but still the right direction. Ha!
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    19shmoo69 wrote: »
    19shmoo69 wrote: »
    19shmoo69
    Week one
    Sunday
    P. W. 248
    C. W. 249

What is your favorite workout?
    I don't have a favorite as im not a naturally active person. I walk mainly because I'm good at it.

What are your favorite sports drinks (if you drink any) ?
    Coffee

Do you have a favorite diet that you go by or Do you just count calories?
    I'm not good with diets or counting calories.

How have you stayed motivated to keep losing/gaining weight?
    I struggle with motivation

Why are you on this journey? What pushed you to start your journey?
    I was tired of being large and heavy.

What are your triggers and what motivates you the most?
    I'm not sure what it means as far as triggers but I'm unmotivated.

What do you expect to gain from your team?
    No expectations.

How can we make our team better?
    Move next door and slap the bag of chips out of my hands.

I know this sounds negative but it is honest. I've a lot of people around me that are work oriented but I'm not. I don't go looking for something to do. If it needs to be done I'll do it even if it takes all day or all week but to go look for something to do is just not me. It's the same with working out.
    As far as diets and/or meal plans, I've actually paid for a food plan and exercise plan. I followed it completely and gained so much I almost had to buy larger clothes. The guy still wanted me to stick to it. I did not because I could not afford new clothes.
    I'm very much a helps type person. If a person needed me to exercise with them everyday I would be there knocking on their door. It's funny because that is what I need.
    I could go on but it still seems negative. Smh

Well you know what if I could drag my butt next door to you I would and I would be knocking on your door to drag you out and slap those chips out your hand and get you moving.....but I’m not and the best I can do is virtually kick your butt into gear. You suggested a fitness challenge last month and we did our best to find something for you and everyone else. You know you want to do something physically or you would not have suggested it. You’ve got the tools you need at home. From what I remember you have a jump rope and a fitness ball. Stop making excuses and get to it. Sadly we can’t always have it how we want it and we can’t always wait until we feel motivated. Sometimes we just gotta suck it up and put some effort into it. Come on I’ve seen you do it. I know you can do it. The only person you are doing this for us yourself so get yourself together and get your head the game. The hardest part is the getting up part. Come on! 💪🏻

What a real eye opener. Thanks!. For a long time I thought it was about doing it for my family, friends or even to help others. Now I see it. It's all about me. 100% Darren. Thank you so much. I see it all very clearly.

You know, we often start this off for others. We believe it’s the right reason to better ourselves. I say “we” because I was the same. I always thought it’s for my kids, it’s for my husband, it’s for my family and all those who have had some sort of opinion or thought on how I lived my life. I was always failing because I felt I was letting them all down.

It wasn’t until I changed that mentality that I really made the decision to change for good. I decided I was going to better myself for me. Still having others in mind mind, I just changed it around. I want to run around and be active WITH my kids ( not for them) I want to feel sexy and attractive within myself and give off this vibe to my husband rather than doing it FOR him. I want to be healthy and strong so I can do things I’ve always wanted to do WITH friends and family Showing them I am capable because I willed it. In the end they get to also enjoy The changes you make for YOU. They don’t get pushed aside. It’s you who gets put first. I am also 💯% Mari Everyone else just gets to enjoy it as well.
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    Tazaria87 wrote: »
    Daily post August 2
    Tracked: Yes
    Under calorie: Yes
    Water: 138oz
    Exercise: 63 minute walk around the neighborhood
    Steps: 8771

Great job with your daily goals! Got your steps in 🚶🏻‍♀️💪🏻
    Good Morning/Evening ....Happy Monday ....I just wanted to pop on real quick to say this show this week who is boss .... I will come back from labs and catch up with all you amazing people .........I am hoping my a1c is lower than 6.1 (that was 3 months ago) before that it was 8.1 ...My Dr is happy with my progress :) ..Alright I am off to shower and then go to labs ...Chat soon and have a marvelous Monday :)

Good luck with your lab work. I’m just now catching up with posts so you may have already posted about them. I’ll get to it shortly if you did lol. Hope your Monday was as great as you planned ❤️

• mari_moulin
    Options
    Sunday’s check in
    Calories: under
    Exercise: 33 minute walk
    Water: ✅
    Steps: 6,930

Today is a civic holiday here so my hubby is off. I am going to do some running around with him. It was cooler this morning so I had a nice walk outside today.

Today’s goals
    1. Walk 30 minutes minimum ✅
    2. 10,000 steps
    3. Stay within calorie goal
    4. Drink 72 ounces of water
    5. Bed by 11pm

Got your steps in! We’ll done with your goals. Hope the weather continues to cooperate so you can enjoy your walks ❤️
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    Labs didn't happen this morning ... my Dr. forgot to order them ...this happened 3 months ago too ....he will be getting scolded on the 10th when I see him LOL

Oh dear 🙈
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    cesse47 wrote: »
    Cesse - age 72 - Check-In

308.6 lbs - starting weight on 3/28
    295.4 lbs - weighin on 04/30 -- (-13.2 Total Loss to date)
    291.2 lbs - weighin on 05/30 -- loss = 4.2 lbs for month of May (17.4 lb Total Loss To Date)
    293.2 lbs - weighin on 06/27 -- gain = 2.0 lbs for month of June (15.4 lb Total Loss To Date)
    289.8 lbs - weighin on 07/25 -- loss = 3.4 lbs for month of July (18.8 lb Total Loss To Date)
    291.2 lbs - weighin on 08/01 -- gain = 1.4 lbs -- (17.4 lb total loss to date)

August Mini Goal -- 285 lbs - (need to lose 6.2 lbs or 1.5/week)
    First Major Goal = Onederland
    Goal Weight = 165 lbs

AUGUST GOALS ---
    (1) Log everything; Drink 10+ water; minimize sodium where possible
    (2) Exercise 30 min minimum (3000 steps) 5 days each week / LOG
    (3) Clean 30 min per day: house or yard or declutter / LOG
    (4) Do stretches and Yoga 5 days each week / LOG
    (5) Stay within MFP daily goal; not exercise adjusted goal / LOG
    (6) Once each week, get out of the house and do something FUN

STEP CHALLENGE ---
    08/01 - 3000
    08/02 - 3000
    08/03 - 3000

TASKS FOR TODAY ---
    Do 20 min stretches and 30 min of walking
    Feed & Water animals -- done
    Water outside plants -- done
    Bedroom -- reorganize, declutter, strip bed & redo -- STILL need to do
    Do Yoga

So, yesterday I made a concerted effort to keep sodium at a minimum. Chicken salad was good without it as were the cucumbers. However, the eggs need something more than pepper. Next time, I'll try using Mrs Dash No Salt to see if that helps. I tried fresh tomatoes without but ended up using salt on them.

I wish we had Mrs Dash here. It would really make it easier to keep sodium under control. Have you tried the “everything but the bagel” seasoning. Everyone talks about it. I’m not sure how it is with sodium so might need to check that. Everyone uses it on EVERYTHING. I hear it’s especially good on eggs. If you don’t have a Trader Joe’s near your to get some there are several homemade recipes available on Pinterest.
    Melly045 wrote: »
    Happy Monday team. Hope everyone is doing well. Missed my step goal on Saturday was on track yesterday and think i will make it today as well. Doing better with my calories although still over each day but I’m trying to get there.

Well done improving your calorie intake. That’s the hardest part of the journey in my opinion. Don’t worry about Saturday’s step goals as the official start date for steps in the August challenge was Sunday so all good!
    missGYST wrote: »
    Steps for Sunday, August 2: 8,017

Gotcha!
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    summer_jt wrote: »
    All those who plan their meals ahead - how do you deal with the boredom/tedium of knowing what you're going to have every day.? Also how do you deal with simply not being in the mood for the food you've booked yourself in for that day ?

This is one thing that worry’s me about meal prepping. My favorite thing to do I the world is eat lol and I don’t like to get bored of my meals. If I did try something it would be to do what Linda does. I would just plan my meals ahead of time shop first them and have them planned out so at least I know what to look forward to. Meal prepping the same lunch for several days in a row wouldn’t work for me.
    Monday Weigh In
    PW: 173lb
    CW: 173lb

I have not had the best starting weekend/day today. I didn't prep, I did not sleep well, I did not exercise, and I lost my motivation for the day somewhere. The summer is making me sluggish and working from home is.... ugh. That's not going to do well for me... so start again!
    So I am going to attempt what other team members are doing and do a daily check in with mini goals. Here are my goals to begin tomorrow.

Daily goals:
    1. under calories?
    2. 30 min of exercise?
    3. 1 liter of water?
    4. 30 min of relaxing time?

Daily check ins are a food way to keep accountable. This way you know we will all see what you accomplished in the day and what could improve. We are here to help you and encourage you to reach those goals. Also be kind to yourself. Give yourself time to adjust to your new lifestyle. It’s not something hat happens over night. Before you know it you will have a healthier routine and it will all become easier to follow. I think the goals are great. You may want to make your water goal higher. I would say try to slowly get yourself up to 2 liters. Add a little more each day. This really helps with weight loss.
    rhaaa wrote: »
    August 3 steps-10,929

I prefer to workout at home. I have all the free weights, squat rack etc along with a treadmill. I found that I was more apt to workout at home vs gym. I always felt like I had to drag myself to the gym. At home I just have to drag myself off the couch.

Got your steps in. I also love weight lifting! My favorite hour in the GYM. 🏋🏻‍♀️
    draby2011 wrote: »
    August 3: 10,721 steps
    20 minutes of yoga
    Under calories for the day

The surgeon did NOT clear me to return to work so that was a real bummer, and I wasn't really motivated today. However, I pushed myself to go. Walked my 8,000 steps and came back home because the bottoms of my feet were on fire! Saw the number and knew that I was too close to give up. So I changed my shoes 3x and added an extra pair of socks and got them done! Felt very good afterwards to say I beat my goal despite everything. Scale climbed again (i'm starting to become obsessed with that number on the scale despite the progress I see in the mirror, but I will NOT let it deter me.) Anywho, I am only on a weight lifting restriction until the 18th and then hopefully I can incorporate some more strength training in and get back to the hospital (for work) as that will SURELY help me get my steps in. Tomorrow I have a cardiology appointment just to make sure that my arrhythmia is not anything to be concerned about. (Past history of arrhythmia that subsided when I lost a substantial amount of weight, so I am sure it is nothing but better safe than sorry!)

Hope everyone had a wonderful and successful day today! :smiley:

Got your steps in. Well done getting out there for a walk even if you weren’t feeling very motivated. Sometimes we just have to MAKE ourselves do it. We can’t always wait to feel motivated. That’s where sheer will power comes into play. And you even changed shoes and socks in order to complete it! 💪🏻💪🏻💪🏻 Awesome sauce!! Don’t forget that water retention and daily fluctuations can really affect the scale when you weigh in daily so don’t let this mess with your head. You’ve got this!
    8/3/2020 Steps: 8500... I have been up since 5:50am ...I am off to lay on the couch and watch TV for a bit before I go to bed ........Night Everyone :)

Got your steps in. Wishing you a restful night.
    jenmurphy3 wrote: »
    Hello Everyone!
    Well I do not have a favorite sports drink besides water. I have been trying to lose weight for a while and I’m awesome at maintaining but that darn scale never drops. I’m not following any diet plan right now, just counting calories as best as possible. I workout practically EVERYDAY, using the Beachbody program (specifically ShaunT). I have started to also use the Peloton app as I await the arrival of my bike, so if anyone has a Peloton Bike I would love the extra push! My triggers are not planning ahead with healthy choices consistently and always having delicious snacks around (I love to bake). I hope that in this group I have the support and encouragement to meet/achieve my goals. And, as to how to make this group better? I’m new and I do not have anything to suggest right now. I just need a little help figuring out how to post my weekly weigh-in for my group “Downsizers”. Thank you for the acceptance 💖

Welcome again Jen! As I replied to your previous post, you can post your weigh in right in here 😀 Here is the format you can use to weigh in.

Username :
    Weigh In Day :
    PW (Previous Weight):
    CW (Current Weight):
    LTD (Loss to Date):

• mari_moulin
    Options
    Morning! Yesterday was a really horrible day. I went to the gym and I received a video call from my parents that at the end they are not coming on Wednesday. My mum was ugly crying, my dad quite cranky from the situation .. And at that moment I was lucky that I was in the gym because I did my sport extra hard. After the gym I went for a walk. Looking for a quiet place to crush but no luck. I went home and then I started crying and panic attack, anxiety attacks, I cut my hair :( I( have that when I'm doing real bad) and I didn't eat until really really late in the day. Which I ended up eating a vegan burguer in McDonald's :(
    Today I don't feel better but at least I got quite some steps. 19.023 steps
    My goal for today is eating the 5 meals. At least 3 of them and be out of bed

I’m so sorry Ziortza. 😔 it makes me very sad seeing that you are struggling so much with your parents being unable to visit. I know there is nothing i can say to make anything better for you but know I am here if you need someone to talk to. I’m all ears.
    dness1203 wrote: »
    Last week 291.6
    This week 291.0
    Not huge, but still the right direction. Ha!

It’s going down and that’s all that matters! Bye bye fat!

• mari_moulin
    Options
    z3140atv01bv.png

I prefer at at the Gym. If I try anything at home I am constantly being interrupted by my family. They are all so needy and I don’t get to really focus on myself. I love being at the gym with my headphones on and it’s really all about me, for me. I know it seems selfish but we all deserve to have our own time to focus on ourselves and that’s MY time. I am very protective of it as well I don’t allow any plans to be made for me at those times unless there is really no choice.
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    Check-In: Monday, August 3

•30 Active Minutes: Yes ✅
    •Gym: 0/4 days ❎
    •Water: 1.5 L ❎
    •Steps:14,376 ✅
    •Starch-free dinner: Yes ✅
    •Intermittent Fasting: Yes ✅

Daily update:

Phew! Finally caught up with everyone! I’m so pleased to see how active everyone is this month. I’ve enjoyed reading about your days and how you’ve had wins and I’ve even appreciated you also sharing when things have not been so easy. I hope we are able to help you and encourage you and show you there support you need.

Ipdatw for myself, I’m still spending a lot of time unpacking and washing and cleaning and sorting in the new house. I’m tired but happy it’s all getting done. I’m still on my IF ans am happy to see it reflecting on the scale.

Wishing you all a wonderful Tuesday ❤️❤️

August goals:

•Achieve at least 30 active minutes daily.
    •Make it to the gym at least 4 times a week.
    •Drink at least 2L water daily.
    •Reach at least 10,000 steps daily.
    •No Carbs for dinner.
    •Do IF for at least 6 days a week.
  • pandygirl1
    pandygirl1 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    @mari_moulin, Thank you. I always seem to be different from others.

@Megan_smartiepants1970,
    Question of the week:
    Do you prefer to workout at home, or at the gym and why?
    ( I prefer to workout at home, mostly because I'm self-conscious and don't want nobody to watch me as I'm working out.)
  • summer_jt
    summer_jt Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Tazaria87 wrote: »
    z3140atv01bv.png

At home, much easier. Unless you're making a social thing as well ..

I prefer to workout at home because I have two young children and don't want to pay for the gym's daycare here, or have to load them up in the car every day. In the basement we have a bowflex, treadmill, rowing machine, and a recumbent bike. I also walk outside a lot right now, sometimes with the kids, sometimes without.

This discussion has been closed.