• mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    Monday’s check in
    Calories: under
    Exercise: 49 minute walk
    Water:✅
    Steps: 11,127

Sorry for the late check in today. I had a rough night last due to the pain in my shoulder. My brain is foggy from lack of sleep and coffee didn’t help. I ordered a cbd oil spray the other day and I am hoping this will help. I am going to force myself to get out of my jammies and walk to the postal outlet to pick the package up. The good news is I start physical therapy on Friday. My doctor is back from holidays on Thursday so I am hoping she will try another cortisone shot. Keep your fingers crossed that these things help.

My weight is lower than Friday’s weigh in but I am fighting with light night snacking. I am sticking to my plan all day but come 10pm I am in the kitchen looking for food. I am not that hungry so I got to break this bad habit. I am going to keep trying to break this because as long as I keep trying, I am not failing.

Today’s goals
    1. Walk 30 minutes minimum
    2. no step goal
    3. Stay within calorie goal
    4. No late night snacking
    5. 72 ounces of water
    6. Bed by 11pm

How often do you get the cortisone shots? I’m hoping that you get that pain relief soon and that once you start your physical therapy you can finally find long term relief.

Have you tried brushing your teeth after dinner? That usually deters my cravings as my mouth is all month and makes everything taste funny. Or maybe head to bed early ?
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    I love that our team is more active now but wheww is it hard to keep up with everyone ....so I will say Great job for the ones who lost this week Congrats .........For the ones who didn't ...don't give up it will eventually come off :) ...I will be walking with Leslie (Dvd) with my walking boot on soon....and use my pool later ...I will also be making a Mac Daddy Salad (think Big Mac but minus the bun ) with homemade keto Thousand Island Dressing ......and for Taco Tuesday I will be having crockpot carnitas that I made last night with a low carb tortilla ...I hope everyone has a great day :)

I am also happy for the current activity. There is a lot and I’ve struggled to keep up but it just makes me happy to see so many participating in our team chat. Good luck with your walk workouts today and take a pic of that Mac daddy Salad. I’m curious to see what that looks like. 😋
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,526 Member
    Options
    This isn't my salad but it is the same idea https://thatlowcarblife.com/big-mac-salad/
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    I love that our team is more active now but wheww is it hard to keep up with everyone ....so I will say Great job for the ones who lost this week Congrats .........For the ones who didn't ...don't give up it will eventually come off :) ...I will be walking with Leslie (Dvd) with my walking boot on soon....and use my pool later ...I will also be making a Mac Daddy Salad (think Big Mac but minus the bun ) with homemade keto Thousand Island Dressing ......and for Taco Tuesday I will be having crockpot carnitas that I made last night with a low carb tortilla ...I hope everyone has a great day :)

I am also happy for the current activity. There is a lot and I’ve struggled to keep up but it just makes me happy to see so many participating in our team chat. Good luck with your walk workouts today and take a pic of that Mac daddy Salad. I’m curious to see what that looks like. 😋

Thanks I am glad I can do it ....I pushed myself yesterday to get 8500 steps but I feel great ....funny thing is ..is where he says I have a stress fracture (top of foot) doesn't hurt ...where it hurts is on the flat side of my foot near my heal ...strange
  • Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Daily post August 3
    Tracked: Yes
    Under Calorie:Yes
    Exercise: Yes
    Steps: 10780
    Water: 128oz

Right before lunch time my son and I went for a 45 minute walk around the neighborhood. Then after the kids went to bed I went out walking by myself to get the rest of my steps in. I ended up walking a little over 30 minutes.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Tazaria87 wrote: »
    Daily post August 3
    Under Calorie:Yes
    Exercise: Yes
    Steps: 10780
    Water: 128oz

Right before lunch time my son and I went for a 45 minute walk around the neighborhood. Then after the kids went to bed I went out walking by myself to get the rest of my steps in. I ended up walking a little over 30 minutes.

Awesome job :)

• 28Haveitall2020
    28Haveitall2020 Posts: 230 Member
    Options

28Haveitall2020
    Sw 242.3lbs
    CW 237.7lbs
    TLD : 7.3lbs

Impressive loss this week! How is your week going so far?

Hi Linda. Thank you. Honestly my week is going well so far. I Thank God . What about yours?
  • 28Haveitall2020
    28Haveitall2020 Posts: 230 Member
    Options

28Haveitall2020
    Sw 242.3lbs
    CW 237.7lbs
    TLD : 7.3lbs

Wow great progress! Please share your secrets!

Hi Mari Thank you.
    Honestly on that week I stuck to 1400 kals and had carbs only on 2 days. I guess it is the excess water from all the sugary things I had been stuffing my body with.
    And I do home workouts.
    I will say Secret is beginner's luck😅
  • jenmurphy3
    jenmurphy3 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I thought I was a Monday weigh it. What is the exact protocol to post weight? I know it is 232.4, but I don't know if I'm supposed to look for a thread since the spreadsheet is view only. I'm still learning how to navigate through the forum. Thank goodness for starring key discussions.
  • jenmurphy3
    jenmurphy3 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    z3140atv01bv.png

Do you prefer to workout at home or at a gym and why?

I definitely prefer to workout at home. My hours at work are crazy and being able to get up early to workout is awesome. Simply get dressed and head to the basement. While it is great to workout with others, I love the flexibility of my home gym. Between Beachbody workout programs, programs on the Peloton app, as well as the Peloton bike, and my own treadmill, for me, there is no need to go to the gym. When I want something different, I'll head outside for a walk or jog, or even ride my bike 😎
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    edited August 2020
    Options
    jenmurphy3 wrote: »
    I thought I was a Monday weigh it. What is the exact protocol to post weight? I know it is 232.4, but I don't know if I'm supposed to look for a thread since the spreadsheet is view only. I'm still learning how to navigate through the forum. Thank goodness for starring key discussions.

On the day you weigh in weekly ..you will put your weight on our team thread

Username
    Day of the week you weigh in (if you want)
    (Previous Weight) PW
    (Current Weight CW
    (Loss to Date ) LTD

oops I didn't see Mari had already answered this for you :D
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,557 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options

I will change you to a Monday weigh in. Myself and Mari have access to the spreadsheet to enter weights and steps. You post here in the team chat.
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,557 Member
    Options
    I’m a little lost, where do I go to post my weight for week 1?

Right in here Jen 😀 Here is the format you can use to weigh in.

Username : jenmurphy3
    Weigh In Day : MONDAY
    PW (Previous Weight): 230.0
    CW (Current Weight): 232.4 🥺
    LTD (Loss to Date):
    +2.4 pounds 😭
    Why do I love food so much? Okay, okay, I got this, I'll make sure not to go over my calories as best as possible. I'll even be specific, I won't go over my calories four days this week.

You do got this! I also love food way too much. It is good you are specific in your goal. You may want to ensure the days you do go over, it is not enough to ruin your deficit. I love my treats on weekends so for the most part I am careful Sunday to Thursday and the I fit those treats in on the weekend. I also work on a calorie average so my actual calorie goal is an average of the entire week.
  • pandygirl1
    pandygirl1 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry it looks like I forgotten to post my daily results yesterday, can't find them.

Monday 8/3/20
    Tracked: no
    Calories: no
    Exercise: no
    ( Was having trouble with my breathing yesterday)
  • pandygirl1
    pandygirl1 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Monday 8/3/20
    I don't remember if I posted yesterdays stats, couldn't find it (Track, Calories, and Exercise, and steps) (No) just wasn't feeling up to it.

Tuesday 8/4/20
    Calories: Yes (under)
    Exercise:. Yes
    Steps: 1,000 steps. ( below)
    Water: 67 fl oz

Ordered a tracker watch, that goes on your wrist. (Tracks steps, your pulse rate, and blood pressure). Will be a lot easier to keep track of how far I walked.

• rhaaa
    rhaaa Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    August 4 steps
  • draby2011
    draby2011 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    August 3: 8,110 steps :( But I did do a 30 minute exercise class at the gym in addition to my steps. Went back upstairs to finish up but all the cardio machines were taken and my feet were already blistered from my shoes. (They're new) Soooo better luck tomorrow. I also feel like my body is kinda asking for a break, so going to call it a night early and recover!

Hope everyone had a great day!
  • draby2011
    draby2011 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    My last post is supposed to say August 4. *facepalm*
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    8/4 Steps 8800
This discussion has been closed.