Downsizers Team Chat - August 2020

Options

Replies

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,243 Member
    Options
    I am celebrating an NSV.... I walked 5 miles today with Leslie Sansone (dvd) in my walking boot with only a few minute break ... I feel so accomplished today :)

GREAT JOB TODAY!!!

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    I am celebrating an NSV.... I walked 5 miles today with Leslie Sansone (dvd) in my walking boot with only a few minute break ... I feel so accomplished today :)

That is a great victory!

Thank you Linda .....then I took a shower and crashed on the couch... I just woke up :)
  • draby2011
    draby2011 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    August 5: 7,253 steps but did 2 thirty-minute workout classes in addition to those (Tai Chi and a Belly, Butt, and Thighs class)
    Under calories for the day. (I did raise my calories today though because I had it set very low and I was kinda feeling weak) I ate more carbs today then I would have liked so I treated it as a "reasonable refeed".

Tomorrow I meet with a personal trainer at the gym and they'll help me calculate my macros a little better.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    8/5 Steps: 9810 :)
  • leeniekat
    leeniekat Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Steps for Wednesday, August 5: 8,008
  • cesse47
    cesse47 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Cesse - age 72 - Check-In

308.6 lbs - starting weight on 3/28
    295.4 lbs - weighin on 04/30 -- (-13.2 Total Loss to date)
    291.2 lbs - weighin on 05/30 -- loss = 4.2 lbs for month of May (17.4 lb Total Loss To Date)
    293.2 lbs - weighin on 06/27 -- gain = 2.0 lbs for month of June (15.4 lb Total Loss To Date)
    289.8 lbs - weighin on 07/25 -- loss = 3.4 lbs for month of July (18.8 lb Total Loss To Date)
    291.2 lbs - weighin on 08/01 -- gain = 1.4 lbs -- (17.4 lb total loss to date)

August Mini Goal -- 285 lbs - (need to lose 6.2 lbs or 1.5/week)
    First Major Goal = Onederland
    Goal Weight = 165 lbs

AUGUST GOALS ---
    (1) Log everything; Drink 10+ water; minimize sodium where possible
    (2) Exercise 30 min minimum (3000 steps) 5 days each week / LOG
    (3) Clean 30 min per day: house or yard or declutter / LOG
    (4) Do stretches and Yoga 5 days each week / LOG
    (5) Stay within MFP daily goal; not exercise adjusted goal / LOG
    (6) Once each week, get out of the house and do something FUN

STEP CHALLENGE ---

08/01 - 3000
    08/02 - 3000
    08/03 - 3000
    08/04 - 3000
    08/05 - 3000

TASKS FOR TODAY ---
    Do 20 min stretches and 30 min of walking
    Feed & Water animals -- done
    Water outside plants -- done
    Bedroom -- reorganize, declutter, strip bed & redo --did start but STILL need to do
    Do Yoga
  • jenmurphy3
    jenmurphy3 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Wednesday August, 5th Update:
    Steps: 6,430
    Exercise ✅
    Water: 80 ozs 💧
    Calories: over by 50 (but under if you count the additional calories from exercise)
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,528 Member
    Options
    draby2011 wrote: »
    August 5: 7,253 steps but did 2 thirty-minute workout classes in addition to those (Tai Chi and a Belly, Butt, and Thighs class)
    Under calories for the day. (I did raise my calories today though because I had it set very low and I was kinda feeling weak) I ate more carbs today then I would have liked so I treated it as a "reasonable refeed".

Tomorrow I meet with a personal trainer at the gym and they'll help me calculate my macros a little better.

Nice going on the fitness classes. I was doing some tai chi first when COVID hit for stress relief. I need to get back to doing that. You did right by listening to your body and increasing your calories. We don’t want you to pass out. Good luck with your trainer today.

cesse47 wrote: »
    Cesse - age 72 - Check-In

308.6 lbs - starting weight on 3/28
    295.4 lbs - weighin on 04/30 -- (-13.2 Total Loss to date)
    291.2 lbs - weighin on 05/30 -- loss = 4.2 lbs for month of May (17.4 lb Total Loss To Date)
    293.2 lbs - weighin on 06/27 -- gain = 2.0 lbs for month of June (15.4 lb Total Loss To Date)
    289.8 lbs - weighin on 07/25 -- loss = 3.4 lbs for month of July (18.8 lb Total Loss To Date)
    291.2 lbs - weighin on 08/01 -- gain = 1.4 lbs -- (17.4 lb total loss to date)

August Mini Goal -- 285 lbs - (need to lose 6.2 lbs or 1.5/week)
    First Major Goal = Onederland
    Goal Weight = 165 lbs

AUGUST GOALS ---
    (1) Log everything; Drink 10+ water; minimize sodium where possible
    (2) Exercise 30 min minimum (3000 steps) 5 days each week / LOG
    (3) Clean 30 min per day: house or yard or declutter / LOG
    (4) Do stretches and Yoga 5 days each week / LOG
    (5) Stay within MFP daily goal; not exercise adjusted goal / LOG
    (6) Once each week, get out of the house and do something FUN

STEP CHALLENGE ---

08/01 - 3000
    08/02 - 3000
    08/03 - 3000
    08/04 - 3000
    08/05 - 3000

TASKS FOR TODAY ---
    Do 20 min stretches and 30 min of walking
    Feed & Water animals -- done
    Water outside plants -- done
    Bedroom -- reorganize, declutter, strip bed & redo --did start but STILL need to do
    Do Yoga

You are up at at them early this morning. You are well on point to getting your tasks done today. Well done!

jenmurphy3 wrote: »
    Exercise ✅
    Calories: over by 50 (but under if you count the additional calories from exercise)

Great Wednesday check in! I think I would consider you under for the day!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    cqmhyzq555lg.jpeg
    Overdue
    @simifadeyibi26
    @Nana22019

Thursday’s weigh ins
    @888Angie888
    @jahend08
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Wednesday’s check in
    Calories: over
    Exercise: 39 minute walk
    Water:✅
    Steps: 9,112

So I kept my promise and got out for my walk. It would have been tempting to forget about it but I made that commitment. I am just finishing my cup off coffee and I am heading out for today’s walk. I did sleep a little better last night and I feel so much better today.

Happy Thursday!

Daily goals
    1. Walk 30 minutes minimum
    2. 10,000 steps
    3. Stay within calorie goal
    4. No late night snacking
    5. 72 ounces of water
    6. Bed by 11pm
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    Steps yesterday 9.684 steps

Gotcha!
    Sooooo.... last night my body was so beat and tired that I crashed soon after posting but I just wanted to share. Since I am a healthcare employee, our local gym was running a deal for signing up so I went ahead and did that. I also went to an exercise class by myself (which is a HUGE deal for me since I was majorly out of my comfort zone.) I am planning to do another one tonight!

By the way, any tips for logging those exercise classes?

Fun fact, my 5-year-old is a fitness junkie (I know it sounds funny, but she has grown up watching daddy work out everyday and she loves watching work out videos on youtube.) So she has been challenging us every day to plank challenges. The first time I only did 25 seconds and lost to everyone. Yesterday I did 58 seconds and beat both Ali and Daddy! Making progress and building up my abdominal wall again which is great since my surgery!

Anywho, I was cleared by my cardiologist and my primary care is recommending that I start with phentermine so that may happen for at least 3 months just to give me the kick start that I need. My blood work all came back normal with the exception of my Vitamin D which she gave me a prescription for and I am taking a daily multivitamin now as well.

Hope everyone has a great day today and kicks some butt!

Well done getting to the Gym and doing those classes! I love fitness classes especially Zumba 💃🏻 I have a fitness watch that I use for those workouts. I always start it on my watch and stop it when I’m done. It uses heart rate to calculate how much was burned during that time and I enter it manually in my diary. I love that your family joins in for that workouts. I’m sure it makes it much easier to when you have to get it done at home. Nothing like being surrounded by mike minded people.

I just can't seem to get off the ground with reorganizing, cleaning, etc my bedroom. I think it's because I don't like it. Granddaughter set it up a year ago when she moved in using her old bedroom set which is made of dark wood. I do NOT like dark wood. I know that seems like such a small reason ... but it is what it is. Just need to suck it up and get the work done. Before I can think about replacing any of it, I need to remodel the bathroom and get a couple of other home maintenance things done. Soooooooooooooo ... *slapping myself Jethro-style* ... I'm going to do this like my decluttering ... I'll work on it in 15 minute chunks using a kitchen timer. I set the timer for 15 minutes, do as much as I can, and stop when the timer goes off. Then do the same each hour or so. Maybe I can at least get a good start today. I think I'll start at 9am. Fingers Crossed!! 🤞

Good luck with your decluttering. I know it’s not a easy thing to do. The trick is to just start. Once you start it just comes along nicely. At least that’s how it is for me. Good luck with that ❤️
    @mari_moulin I do have the seasoning: Everything but the Bagel. I get it from WalMart with my grocery delivery. It does have sodium in it. By using it, I do reduce salt usage. I've used it on my Fish and on salads and do enjoy it on them. I LOVE salt! In my family, we salted everything. Salt when cooking, salt when eating. I am seriously trying to reduce my usage. Love summer vegetables ... and traditionally would heavily salt before eating. I steam my fresh veggies and do S&P at the table. Now, I'm only using pepper ... or a couple dashes of Everything But the Bagel. So, I think it is helping. Tomatoes and corn on the cob, however, have to have actual salt. I have stopped cooking with salt except for a few items ... so I think that's a win.

Maybe look I to making your own lose sodium seasonings. I’m sure there are some flavorful ones out there.
    Melly045 wrote: »
    Hey team! Happy Wednesday hope everyone is doing well! I’m still over my daily calories each day but I’m logging what i eat and definitely eating f less junk food than i used to so I’m hoping for a small loss on Friday 🤞🏻

Daily goals: 8/4
    1. under calories? YES
    2. 30 min of exercise? NO
    3. 1 liter of water? NO
    4. 30 min of relaxing time? YES

Well now I know what I need to work on......

Yes you do! Today will be a better day!

• mari_moulin
    Options
    Tazaria87 wrote: »
    Daily post August 4
    Tracked: Yes
    Under Calorie:Yes
    Exercise: Yes
    Steps: 9768
    Water: 128oz

Same as the day before, went for a walk in the morning, this time with both kids-pushing my daughter in the stroller. Then after their bedtime I went by myself. The evenings have been cool and beautiful and the walks are so peaceful. It's great for destressing from the day.

Great day! Pushing a stroller for those extra calories burned! 💪🏻
    Happy Wednesday Everyone ..... I hope everyone is doing good ..... I woke up with a bad headache ( I must of slept wrong) ...I can not seem to get motivated this morning ughhh....Glad to see some of us sticking to their goals (WELL DONE )

For the Question of the day ..... Since I am keto I look at the menu before going to the restaurant .... I choose steak or chicken or fish......then I choose a vegetable like broccoli and a dinner salad no dressing (because I bring my own)

I have not gone out to eat since Covid 19 started ... I am high risk (Asthma and diabetes) so I prefer to meal prep at home and eat at home (knowing what is in my food really does help ) :)

I need cofffffffffeeeeeeeeeeee :p

I hope you are feeling better today 😔

• mari_moulin
    Options
    Tuesday’s check in
    Exercise: 35 minute walk
    Steps: 5,856

Loving all this activity in the team chat. It is great to read how everyone deals with eating out a little different. I hope I replied to all of your check ins and if I missed anyone I apologize.

I am behind on everything again this morning. I had another rough night of sleep due to the shoulder pain so I ended up staying in bed later than usual. I haven’t been out for a walk yet but I promise I will get one done today. I am stuck at the apartment waiting for a package so my walk will be indoors.

Have a great day everyone and I hope you crush all your goals.

Daily goals
    2. 10,000 steps
    5. 72 ounces of water
    6. Bed by 11pm

Ugh Gf I do hope you get your pain relief real soon. Nothing like having constant pain that keeps us up at night.
    missGYST wrote: »
    Username: missgyst
    Weigh-in day: Wednesday
    PW: 211
    CW: 207.4
    LTD: 24.4

Finally getting the needle to move down again! I'm going to set a goal of being under 200 by the end of the month, even if it's just by an ounce. It might be a little aggressive to say 8.5lbs in just under 4 weeks, but goals (and making them public goals) help keep me focused.

Amazing loss! 👍🏻 well done Kat ! I think that is a great goal that will call for all your efforts. I know you can do it!

Great NSV! Congratulations on your 5 miles 💪🏻
    Daily goals: 8/5
    1. under calories? YES
    2. 30 min of exercise? NO
    3. 1 liter of water? YES
    4. 30 min of relaxing time? YES

Wonderful! Getting better each day.
    rhaaa wrote: »
    August 5 steps

Gotcha!

• mari_moulin
    Options

Got your steps in! Goos luck at your appointment with your trainer. I’m sure he/she is going to find the best plan for you.
    8/5 Steps: 9810 :)

Gotcha!
    missGYST wrote: »
    Steps for Wednesday, August 5: 8,008

Gotcha!
    jenmurphy3 wrote: »
    Exercise ✅

Gotcha!
    Wednesday’s check in
    Exercise: 39 minute walk
    Steps: 9,112

So I kept my promise and got out for my walk. It would have been tempting to forget about it but I made that commitment. I am just finishing my cup off coffee and I am heading out for today’s walk. I did sleep a little better last night and I feel so much better today.

Happy Thursday!

Daily goals
    2. 10,000 steps
    5. 72 ounces of water
    6. Bed by 11pm

Yea! Well done keeping your promise to yourself! I’m glad you are feeling better. Tourbe for this Linda. Back to where you were now. Get those steps in! ❤️

• mari_moulin
    Options
    Check-In: Wednesday, August 5

•30 Active Minutes: Yes ✅
    •Gym: 0/4 days ❎
    •Water: 1 L ✅
    •Steps: 21,245 ✅
    •Starch-free dinner: No ❎
    •Intermittent Fasting: Yes ✅

Daily update:

Wishing everyone a wonderful Thursday ❤️

August goals:

•Achieve at least 30 active minutes daily.
    •Make it to the gym at least 4 times a week.
    •Drink at least 2L water daily.
    •Reach at least 10,000 steps daily.
    •No Carbs for dinner.
    •Do IF for at least 6 days a week.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Goooooood Morning ..........Happy Thankful Thursday ..... What is something you are thankful for? I am thankful for improving my health :) .. I hope everyone has a Terrific day :)
  • Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Daily post August 5
    Steps: 9455

Just one longer walk this time after the kids were in bed, ended up just under an hour. Told my son last night we could walk in the morning today but it's been raining/thundering all morning. Hoping the sun comes out later so we can get outside.
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    @19shmoo69 - hope you are still with us Darren. Check in when you can.
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    Goooooood Morning ..........Happy Thankful Thursday ..... What is something you are thankful for? I am thankful for improving my health :) .. I hope everyone has a Terrific day :)

You seem happier today. I hope this means you are feeling better ❤️
    Tazaria87 wrote: »
    Daily post August 5
    Steps: 9455

Just one longer walk this time after the kids were in bed, ended up just under an hour. Told my son last night we could walk in the morning today but it's been raining/thundering all morning. Hoping the sun comes out later so we can get outside.

Well done with your goals. I’ve got your steps in. Fingers crossed for good weather today 🤞🏻
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    I am feeling a lot better today ... no headaches .. no aches ...slept good ... I am on it :)
This discussion has been closed.