Non Scale Victories

Options

Replies

• papayahed
    papayahed Posts: 407 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Jealous of your doors! the townhouse row I live in all have brown doors but the row across the street have red doors and I'm always coveting their doors. (But not enough to do something about it)
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    Options
    eliezalot wrote: »
    I dug through my closet, and found a shirt from the first 5k I ever ran in 2013. It was too small then, and even though I've never been able to wear it, I've never gotten rid of it. So I tried it on... and it fits. I'd like a little more space in it for extra comfort, but I could 100% wear this out in public and not think twice about it.

that's a great NSV! I was happy when I did the same and dug out clothes that I hadn't parted with even though they were too small only find that I could wear them now.
  • Ccricfo
    Ccricfo Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    It's always a great thing when grab something out of the closet that was unwearable (without looking like a stuffed sausage), and it fits. I've organized my closet in descending order of size and periodically try the next smallest size and sometimes I can wear it! It's like going shopping and buying new clothes!
  • eliezalot
    eliezalot Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I dug through my closet, and found a shirt from the first 5k I ever ran in 2013. It was too small then, and even though I've never been able to wear it, I've never gotten rid of it. So I tried it on... and it fits. I'd like a little more space in it for extra comfort, but I could 100% wear this out in public and not think twice about it.

that's a great NSV! I was happy when I did the same and dug out clothes that I hadn't parted with even though they were too small only find that I could wear them now.
    Ccricfo wrote: »
    It's always a great thing when grab something out of the closet that was unwearable (without looking like a stuffed sausage), and it fits. I've organized my closet in descending order of size and periodically try the next smallest size and sometimes I can wear it! It's like going shopping and buying new clothes!

Yes! It has been pretty fun. I don't have much more hidden away, except one cute sundress that I don't know if I ever wore. I got it zipped up the other day, but I think a few more pounds before it is actually comfortable to wear. I'm going to be a little annoyed if I don't get a chance to wear it!

Now if we ever go back into the office I'll be in trouble... I've lost probably 20 lbs since we started teleworking in March, and my work clothes were already getting too big then. I don't think they'll stay up at this point. But with COVID, I can't exactly go and try things on at the store. So I currently have no idea what size I am, what brands/stores I can shop in, and what will fit. At least for the foreseeable future, I get to keep wearing pajamas all day :lol:
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    Options

Yes! It has been pretty fun. I don't have much more hidden away, except one cute sundress that I don't know if I ever wore. I got it zipped up the other day, but I think a few more pounds before it is actually comfortable to wear. I'm going to be a little annoyed if I don't get a chance to wear it!

Now if we ever go back into the office I'll be in trouble... I've lost probably 20 lbs since we started teleworking in March, and my work clothes were already getting too big then. I don't think they'll stay up at this point. But with COVID, I can't exactly go and try things on at the store. So I currently have no idea what size I am, what brands/stores I can shop in, and what will fit. At least for the foreseeable future, I get to keep wearing pajamas all day :lol:

Yeah, I've lost so much weight that I had to give up most of my work clothes. I did get a few more dress clothes for church. And now my employer has pushed back the return to work date to 1/11/2021, so there's no point in working on replacing them now!

Though TBH, I notice that the people I work with all just wear jeans in the office. I had been wearing dress pants because at one point I worked in the main head quarters, but I'm thinking when january gets here, I'm going to go with the flow and just use jeans as I have enough of them :)
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options

I used Prime Wardrobe a lot to help me figure out my sizes. My fat brain made me keep ordering sizes that were too large for me.
  • emmyjaykay
    emmyjaykay Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    @NovusDies has a great idea there. You can also use services like Stitch Fix and Trunk Club if you want to try out a few different sizes.
  • eliezalot
    eliezalot Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    @bmeadows380 - I keep having to tell myself that I shouldn't replace them yet too! We are teleworking indefinitely at this point, so there really is no point of getting something that will fit me now...if we don't go back until the end of the year or later, it certainly won't fit by then. Though that didn't stop me from getting a cute work dress on PoshMark (I gambled on the size and got a L, figuring it might be small, and I could shrink into it by the time I need it).

@NovusDies and @emmyjaykay - Those are great ideas. I've felt a little lost, as I'm currently at the small end of plus sizes (14W) and no idea how straight sizes would fit me (particularly pants...I have giant legs at any weight!). Normally I'd be having a field day at the thrift store, but I've settled for finding used clothes on PoshMark or ThredUp instead. Great for the discount, but not for comparing multiple sizes. I haven't tried Prime Wardrobe or Stitch Fix, but I love that idea: try new brands/sizes/styles, return what doesn't fit, and get a nice outfit or two in the process.

In the meantime, I continue to rock the universal work from home look, which I've dubbed the Vertical Mullet: Business on the top, (pajama-) party on the bottom.
  • papayahed
    papayahed Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I may have had a break through. Maybe. I very rarely get on the scale. Anyways, Last time I weighed myself I was 192.3. Two days ago it was 200.4 and my reaction was.. eh, it must be water weight or something. Yay!!!!! I didn't freak out. (and the next day I started my period so that explained everything)
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    I pulled my shorts on this morning and didn’t tie the waist...as I walked across the room they fell down to my ankles!...
  • NovusDies
    Options
    I pulled my shorts on this morning and didn’t tie the waist...as I walked across the room they fell down to my ankles!...

It doesn't count unless you do it outside like I did!!

Kidding of course.

Try not to get in the habit of using your arms as suspenders. It is unpleasant.
  • jodibeth5744
    jodibeth5744 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    @papayahed That’s absolutely incredible! Way to take your health in your hands!! 🎉
  • FABRICWOMAN
    FABRICWOMAN Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Ccricofo thanks for the idea of organizing my clothes closet based on size. I think I have clothes ranging from size 26 to 18. I am now wearing size 22. It is a good thing that I am a seamstress (part time), and have scaled down some of the items that are now too large. It feels so good to say that! I love celebrating those NSVs! I treat myself every time I lose an additional 10% from the scale. Last time was a pedicure. The next gift to myself is a parfum I have had my eye on. It smells divine, and I deserve it.
  • NovusDies
    Options
    I was uncomfortable in a baggy shirt the other day. That is a non scale victory and a fat brain victory.
  • bobsburgersfan
    bobsburgersfan Posts: 6,311 Member
    Options
    I know that @bmeadows380 has mentioned not really believing she's really the size she is. I might have the same issue. I've been wearing size 22 pants/jeans from Catherines. I've long believed that Catherines is one of the worst offenders for vanity sizing, so I've always figured I'm a 24 or higher in any other brand. Well, I now also have jeans in size 22 that came from Walmart. Yesterday I was at Target looking at some jeans and the 22s kind of looked like they would fit, but I talked myself out of it and got the size 24........they're too big. I guess I really do wear size 22, at least when it comes to plus-sized brands! (Although I am still convinced that ALL of them are vanity sized. There's just no way these hips are a true size 22.) :)