Weight No More Team Chat- August 2020

Options

Replies

• goingape
    goingape Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    hi all!

steps for today 16671.

Love all the cute dogs! I will be getting pics up tomorrow for sure...

I'm checking out the gyms near me and deciding if I want to join one...I know that winter coming will change my walk routine and I'm feeling like I will want to ramp up my activity to keep building strength.
  • xX_PhoenixRising_Xx
    xX_PhoenixRising_Xx Posts: 622 Member
    Options

I have no idea why I gained. I walked 15-20 thousand steps a day and did strength training every day. I logged all food and was under goal every day.

The "gain" will be water retention from lifting. Muscles need to repair themselves after being worked out, which is why a good rule of thumb is to never weigh in the day after a lifting session (she says, having done it herself lol). But always expect your weight to be up after lifting because of that repair work. Don't forget that rest days from lifting are important too, they allow the muscles to fully repair. I think of rest days as a necessary evil as I would always rather be in the gym! But as a personal trainer, I know the body needs them.

In summary - you didn't let anyone down, and your weight will probably drop in a day or two. 🙂💪
  • 1theresamcvean
    1theresamcvean Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    @lennoncpa What a good girl Lily Rose is to handle that double knee surgery. I was wondering the other day if I could handle being a foster parent to dogs. What a great thing to do. Hugs to you!
  • Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    @sleepymom5 I never did catch up on all the posts I missed reading. Thoroughly enjoying and appreciating your summaries lol. You always put such warm friendly supportive comments to each team member. You are definitely missed when your not around.

Yesterday turned into another slow rest day. Molly wanted to watch an old classic. We ended up watching Giant. Phew...3 1/2 hours. James Dean, Elizabeth Taylor and Rock Hudson. Great acting.

My Carmen Miranda 😉 meal plan was interesting. 32 oz of OJ. 32 oz of apple carrot juice, and ended the day with 32 oz of mixed greens juice. I really loved the green juice. (Celery, cucumber, green apple, Swiss chard, romaine, dandelion greens, turmeric, ginger, lemon juice, kale, parsley).
    Went to bed with a headache. Not sure if it was from continued detox or a side effect of PT exercises. My neck muscles are tense from some of the positions. I start PT this week. So grateful to have another week off.
  • brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    08/16 steps 13018
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Monday check in
    I am doing pretty well for a vacation. Not really logging or tracking anything and it feels good to take a break from measuring out so many things that I do daily. I am getting a lot of fresh air, water and exercise. I will be sad when it is over, and honestly, I could use another two weeks of this!

@sleepymom5 - Thanks for posting to everyone and you also got me caught up on all the posts! I am glad that you did not let one cookie throw you! Thanks for noticing the new profile pic. I really needed to refresh for 2020, plus I am putting together some progress pics, which trust me, is not one of my talents! Daisy is adorable!

@lennoncpa - Be still my heart, that Lilly Rose is just so cute. I am allergic to furry house pets, which is tough, particularly for my boys. You really tempted me to adopt though. I begged my allergist at one point and he said, “How about a turtle?”

@goingape - I think it is really smart to start planning for your winter activity now. I think that the big question with gyms is whether they are fully open and will remain so in the area where you live.

@debbiewsharpe - Don’t despair and @xX_PhoenixRising_Xx has provided an excellent explanation for what has happened. You are never letting us down!

@mrsbell8well - Glad that you are resting and hope that the headache went away today.

@kristieJC - Just check in here as much as you need to. I do find that tracking and checking in helps with accountability. Onederland wants you to stay!

@pacsnc6 - I love Netflix binging and loved Virgin River. I read far less books on vacation this time. I think that my brain needed a rest from the months of homeschooling. I did finish all 7 seasons of the Australian show, Offspring and loved it as well.

@minstrelofsarcasm - I find that weekends can be danger zone for more snacking because many of us don’t have the structure as we do on weekdays. Replacing the snacking cue with something else like a walk is a great idea. Hope that it goes well today!

• 1theresamcvean
    Options
    pacsnc6 wrote: »
    This weekend was rainy and gray mostly so no walking. A good excuse to binge watch some Netflix series. We watched the first season-ten episodes of Virgin River. I needed the rest as I was having stomach issues.

I'm glad you got to rest on a rainy weekend, Patsy. Sometimes that's just the thing to do. I hope you're not feeling too unwell with your stomach issues. You've been doing so well. How did you enjoy Virgin River so far? I haven't watched it but my best friend liked it.
  • 1theresamcvean
    Options
    KristieJC wrote: »
    I haven’t been on mfp much the past couple of weeks, and have been eating what I want. I’m finding I don’t feel nearly as good as when I stay on plan. I’m back to it today. I am NOT leaving Onederland!

KristieJC
    PW 198.4
    CW: 199
    LTD: 13

Glad you're back at it Kristie. Sometimes a brief time off and eating up a bit, makes it easier to lose again. I hope that happens to you. Not much damage done. Onward!!
  • 1theresamcvean
    Options
    Oh boy, I was not good this weekend. Sure, I got a few spin classes in, but I ate and ate and ate and ate until my stomach was obvious under my t-shirt.

Thinking that today will be a hard reset, if I can muster up the self control to avoid snacking throughout the workday. Just have to keep myself busy enough. And maybe go for a walk as soon as the workday ends so I'm not snacking into dinner (which will be a full dinner, because my stomach works off of time cues, not fullness cues).

I also have a recurring alarm which will remind me to adjust my posture, drink some water, and take a minute or two away from my screens so my eyes don't get even worse. Here's hoping that's enough to keep me on track today.

I hope you were successful today, Ashley. Forgive yourself for the weekend and carry on!
This discussion has been closed.