Waist Aways - September 2020 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• offitgoes
    offitgoes Posts: 755 Member
    Options

@offitgoes What state or country are you visiting? Sounds like you're having a good time! Enjoy![/quote]

I just got home yesterday. I spent a wonderful week in Cancun Mexico. The beaches were just opened up last Monday. The resort was just relaxing and wonderful. Food was incredible. Gained about 4lbs, but already down 1.5 today. So back in gear today.

• micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,271 Member
    Options
    ells_runs wrote: »
    Hi everyone! I'm sorry I've been AWOL. Crazy, crazy week last week 😞

@micki48 here are my steps, sorry I am late 😞

yerb19w8sevd.jpg

I added your steps. Week 2 steps will count for the month's total. Week 3 will count for the week's. Thanks.
  • micki48
    Options
    Happy Tuesday! The humidity is way down here in NC and there is a wonderful breeze. Not cold by any means but sure beats those high 80s and 90s. Now we are expecting lots of rain on Thursday and Friday from Sally the Hurricane. So bracing for that. My friends from New Jersey, where I used to live, are getting crazy skies and sunrises and sunsets from the fires as well. Crazy! We really are all interconnected. No specific exercise yet today, just a lot of jumping because this 2 y/o granddaughter of mine LOVES to jump and wants me to do it too!

Still need to get my pilates in and possibly a walk. Having my daughter and fam for dinner, so I need to plan accordingly. J is asleep now. I wonder if I can get in a 30 minute walk?

Hope you all are doing well, have lots of motivation and if not Put down that cookie or those M & Ms. Talk to you later.
  • reflectionofme
    reflectionofme Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Username: reflectionofme
    Weigh in day: Monday
    PW: 125.1
    CW: 125.8
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Sorry I am not very active, just been so busy!
    Since my meltdown on Friday, I've been very naughty Fri & Sat but now doing ok. Logging and staying under calories and trying to get in some form of excersize every day (does baking up a storm count?)

I've also just got my TOM so I think some of last week's gain might have been that as the scale is telling me I've already lost most of that gain. So, staying hopeful...
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,155 Member
    Options
    Busy times! I had a day of many errands, and was served by the most helpful, pleasant, and wonderful people in each of the 4 stores I visited. It was actually a pleasure, and I hate shopping! I think I found my flooring for the room I just painted, at last, though. And I filled up on all kinds of things without adding a single speck of plastic or new container to my house. The zero waste and local product stores are getting better and better.

Now I have to get on the bike while I watch an episode of something. Enough time in my car, then putting things away and madly cooking! Time to move, even if it is a bit late. Pilates happened this morning before I left, though - it feels great to back to the daily without fail protocol.

Tomorrow's weigh-ins!
    @offitgoes (it'll be fine! I'm glad you had a great time in Cancun)
    @evelynladams527
    @PlaneMonkey

overdue:
    @graceojo999

Thanks!
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    Tuesday! Wowza.
    It’s been busy with school but we’re going do get into a routine with Pilates. I told my spouse that this needs to happen for us both. I need help to get going so, we agreed to take it gently and really learn the basic cues and stay-safe strategies so our backs won’t tweak out. Little by some, it will contribute to a lovely activity to share that isn’t eating or lumping on the couch. By the time we get through the 5-day challenge (spread out over 9 or 10 days), we’ll be ready for the present if continuing Pilates (thanks for a great, inspiring present, @jugar❣️)
    Have a great night. Going to sleep now so I can be ready to weigh myself first thing.
    Xoxo
  • spyro88
    spyro88 Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    @jugar I am doing Pilates too :) I'm doing the challenge that was posted on here and also do some Zoom classes, I think they are really good for posture and strength! I love it.

I went slightly over my calories yesterday after being unable to resist stopping for chicken nuggets at McD's after work. Only 250 calories but that and a sneaky rum in the evening put me over by about 50 cals. Work was pretty stressful yesterday (seeing young people who were invovled in drugs and violent crimes is never easy!) and I was tired, but I need to try to come away from those excuses. At least I didn't go for my usual 1000+ calorie cheeseburger, fries and full fat coke! So that is progress.

Overall though I'm doing well this week. I am trying to see things differently and not beat myself up every time a little blip happens, but just move on and keep with it. Hopefully consistency will win out!
  • PlaneMonkey
    PlaneMonkey Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    @jugar
    PW 237.4
    CW 231.6
    LTD 12.4 Lbs

Hey Team! I think I'm finally getting the hang of planning ahead for food throughout the day so I don't feel hungry and learning what the correct portion sizes of my regular go-to recipes should be so that I don't bust through my calorie goal.

I love all the thoughts, honesty and support of everyone's posts. I don't post often myself cause I'm on mobile and that Done button really gets you.... But I read through every night before bed. I hope in the next few weeks I'll be able to start joining in on the step challenges and even begin adding exercise to my schedule.

Keep it up everyone!
  • Gidgitgoescrazy
    Gidgitgoescrazy Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was good, I earned my $ 3 - I am at $ 28 so I am ahead of schedule to get to $50 by the end of the month.. I told my hubby I am going to do this every month then use the money to go get a massage every other month (the money goes into my HSA so I have to use it for something medical, but I can get my dr to write a script for a massage, and that works)

Anyway, steps for 9/15 = 10,399 & 20 min yoga

@KellyBgetsfit It is so frustrating when that happens... hang in there...

It's chilly here this morning, made my 1st walk this morning very quick, because of course I didn't bring a sweater or jacket...

Have a great day !

• jugar
    Options
    I am so frustrated with the scale. I weighed in on Fri. I had a big loss, but I worked hard and felt like I earned it (and the scale was the highest ever the week before). I got on it on Sun and it was down about a half pound from Fri.😃 I felt like I was finally getting it right with how many calories my body needs and hitting my macros. Mon and Tues I hit 14,000 steps. I packed my healthy lunch and snacks. Logged everything. Today, I am up 2 pounds from Sun. 🤦‍♀️ I dont understand what I am doing wrong. I am still feeding baby twice a day but its been that way for a month so I feel like hormones should have leveled. I am really frustrated. I don't know if I should keep doing what I'm doing or change something. I just feel so stuck for over 5 years with my weight. Nothing I do ever seems to change it.

Oh, and if your thinking stress, I am actually pretty happy about being back at work. I am working from home on Wed which is also awesome - I can throw in some laundry between virtual meetings.

It might be time to change something. I just took a look at your food diary - not that I am any kind of expert or dietitian - but just out of curiosity. I have couple of suggestions. The past couple of days you have improved your fibre intake, but you have not hit 25g at all, and last week, it was much lower. Increasing fibre will give you a weight boost at first because it absorbs a lot of water as it goes through, but that will settle out once you keep a consistently high amount in your daily diet. 25 grams. Every day - give it a try. An apple instead of a muffin at breakfast, berries, beans, lentils, all that good stuff. Maybe get rid of anything made from flour for a bit (tortillas, corn chips, muffins, pizza) and use those calories for those yummy fibre things :wink: You may need to revise your calorie allowance? And always, more veggies. That is my mantra. More veggies. You can stuff yourself and still stay inside that dreaded calorie allowance. You can make big one skillet meals to make it easy. Or big salads. Or both! I'll post some recipes on the recipe thread that you might enjoy.
    @jugar
    PW 237.4
    CW 231.6
    LTD 12.4 Lbs

Hey Team! I think I'm finally getting the hang of planning ahead for food throughout the day so I don't feel hungry and learning what the correct portion sizes of my regular go-to recipes should be so that I don't bust through my calorie goal.

Look at you! You sure have gotten the hang of planning ahead! Be careful this coming week, now. After such a big loss, a bounce back or extra hunger might happen. Your body might be freaking out a bit - so if you get super hungry, plan those healthy snacks and maybe reduce your calorie deficit a bit. WTG!
  • jugar
    Options
    @Gidgitgoescrazy
    I love the money version of all the healthy habits. If that gets people going, well - why not? It is certainly chilly this morning here too, and all the past few mornings. I have to finish putting the veggie garden to bed before it gets too unpleasant to dig around in it. Time to plant the green manure cover crops too! Mr. Shovel, here I come.
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Been doing the BRAT diet thing to try and ease my pain and it sort of worked. Someone online told me that adding a little cinnamon to applesauce and warming it up just a touch is great for stomach pain and it works SO well I thought I'd share. It's apparently a trick from Ayurveda.

I have a Very Petty Complaint: my wrists and fingers are thinner again. Soon my watch and rings will just fall off. But my waist will still be huge. :<
  • Gidgitgoescrazy
    Gidgitgoescrazy Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Completely forgot I signed up for a virtual 5K - It starts this weekend and I have till the 27th to do it, I think I will go do it Saturday morning while hubby is doing yard work.. Does anyone know a good app I can use that will record the time and distance, and allow me to screen shot it so I can send that in to the race people ? Thanks
  • PlaneMonkey
    PlaneMonkey Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Completely forgot I signed up for a virtual 5K - It starts this weekend and I have till the 27th to do it, I think I will go do it Saturday morning while hubby is doing yard work.. Does anyone know a good app I can use that will record the time and distance, and allow me to screen shot it so I can send that in to the race people ? Thanks

Hey @Gidgitgoescrazy I have a friend who uses Strava as the app to design, track and share his runs. Check it out!
  • jugar
    Options
    What a day! I have basil fatigue, post blanching stress disorder, vegetable washing finger prune syndrome, and a tired back from digging up the garden beds I emptied today. Still some more to do, but getting there. The cover crop is partly planted, too. Next big job is green tomato chutney or relish. There are always green tomatoes, but those will have to wait a couple of days.

I hope you have all had a lovely Wednesday, and that our 2 Thursday folks are all ready to weigh in tomorrow -
    @eggfreak
    @conleywoods

Tally ho!
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I can't remember the last time I posted! The days are running together but I read everything here.

Transitioning back to work is going well for the most part and things are getting figured out. One of my new high school students is 19 and I had him as a 2 or 3 year old my very first year as an occupational therapist. I could instantly spot him ha! Makes me feel like I'm getting older. We finally started interviewing for our open position so that is great.

I have been having a pretty easy time staying in my calories. Today and yesterday have been my rest days. Tomorrow I need to get up early and do my ballet beautiful workout. I'm on track for a loss tomorrow and I hope I don't have any surprises tomorrow morning.

Life has been going well and my husband and kids are really happy doing homeschool. That warms my heart and is a huge weight off my shoulders. I just have one class to finish and I get my pay raise. I decided to just stay part time. Our budget looks good and there aren't any vacations or shopping really. We hardly eat out anymore either. The only restaurant near us is Thai and you can only eat so much thai food. Mostly because I blow my calorie budget, so yummy 😋
  • micki48
    Options
    @jugar 17 minutes of Pilates for 9/15. Nothing for today.
    I am doing Pilates too :) I'm doing the challenge that was posted on here and also do some Zoom classes, I think they are really good for posture and strength! I love it

@spyro88 So glad you are also doing it. I love Robin and think her workouts are so good. I missed today, but will take care of it tomorrow.

@KellyBgetsfit Hang in there. Often we have big fluctuations during the week. But, changing something like fiber could help get you on the right track. I need to do that as well.

@Gidgitgoescrazy Go girl go! You’re like that lady in a glass booth with money flying all around grabbing it all. Good for you!

Wew, @jugar you make me tired just reading your post. You are one busy lady. Can’t wait to see photos of that new room too. ~~If we, Americans, are ever allowed to cross that border again, we plan to pay Canada a visit. It would be fun to see you. But, at the rate we’re going, it could be another year. Doing our research. 😃

Lots of jumping and hide & seek here today. My Fitbit died so not sure where my steps were before that happened. Expecting big rains tomorrow and Friday because of Hurricane Sally. Good to hear from everyone. What great losses too. 🤗
This discussion has been closed.