Slower Weight loss at 50?

Options

Replies

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 20,483 Member
    Options
    Chickpea sandwich spread wraps. The wrapping is cheese.

p6y3r3lepsdc.png
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday! It's a teensy bit less sticky this morning, but still pretty warm. Overall it is supposed to be a nice day, partly cloudy with a minimal chance of rain. I don't think I need to go anywhere today, but will probably either drive J's car around for a while or persuade J that we need to drive it around together, just to get a little mileage on the new battery.

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,100 Member
    Options
    Good morning all.
    Glad Sammie is doing well, Annie....hope you feel better. Sorry you got side effects, maybe call the Dr if they don't go away soon. A couple of people I knew got shingles, and it was really awful and lasted for months.
    Ed, how do you make your chickpea spread? I've made my own hummus before which is pretty good. I'm trying to get more iron now, and beans have a good amount. Haha, I'm always experimenting with my diet, haven't yet found the perfect one to stay on.
    The weather is beautiful this a.m., windows open, sun is shining. High of 80 expected today.
    I'm thinking a nice relaxing day, maybe some outdoor time to enjoy the weather.
    Have a good Sunday, everyone.
  • parityanimal
    edited September 2020
    Options
    eku0 wrote: »
    Good morning all.

Ed, how do you make your chickpea spread? I've made my own hummus before which is pretty good. I'm trying to get more iron now, and beans have a good amount. Haha, I'm always experimenting with my diet, haven't yet found the perfect one to stay on.

I just make it the same way I would make tuna salad, but I use coarsely mashed (drained) chickpeas instead of tuna. I try not to leave any WHOLE pieces, but I do like a little texture. You can pulse them in a food processer and then finish up with a fork. I suppose one could make them as smooth as for hummus if desired. And I added some garlic powder, onion powder, Spike seasoning blend, and red pepper flakes. Enough to give it some zing, but not enough to really call it spicy, at least in my definition of spicy...

J wasn't too crazy about the cheese wraps, but liked the chickpea spread well enough, and think it might be good on crackers or as a dip, though that might be better if smoother...
  • eku0
    Options
    Thanks, Ed. I would probably use it like a dip with carrots or celery, similar to hummus. :)
    I found these wildlife pictures online this a.m. and they made me smile, so I thought I'd share.
    https://www.bbc.com/news/in-pictures-54118899
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    hello!

Ed, the jokes were great! And Vix, loved the animals. Love watching posts, they can be so cute!! I am planning on trying another app. for food tracking. I have used MFP for awhile but just need a change. I will see how it goes! Getting ready for the Northeastern hurricane track for the week. Should be interesting. I sure do not need the rain, and tornado tracking should be fun! Irene, I know you are enjoying that puppy!! Keeps you young!! Jo, wonderful you were able to walk so much. Sounds like it was a great week! My daughter had to gather her things and class Friday as one girl was sent home with possible covid symptoms. Should know something by Monday. Daughter laughed. Did not even get thru the first week of school with a four day week ! Hopefully things are fine. Depends on how contagious girl may have been on the Weds. before, where she was with her for a longer period of time. The school used the only 2 empty classrooms as students other 1 st block class was exposed, too. The blocks are almost 2 hours, and the teachers of course eat breakfast and lunch with their kids too. And so it begins, lol!!
    Take care all!! Stay safe!! :#<3
  • parityanimal
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's marvelous Monday! It's warm and a bit sticky but will be both warmer and (probably) stickier later, as is normal for a mid-September day here in Peachtree Corners.

I need to get J's car over to the emissions check place. And maybe do some laundry. Dishwasher is running now.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    Jan, I wouldn't be laughing....hope your daughter and all the kids and other teachers are ok.
    Jan and Ed, hope you're both safe from the hurricane.
    Hi Jo and Irene.
    I have a sonogram scheculed for today, just precautionary.
    The weather is nice, partly cloudy and cool this a.m., high of 77 expected. seems to be a nice breeze.
    Have a good day, everyone.
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,053 Member
    Options
    Good morning;
    Jan-I hope your daughter is ok.
    Irene-I hope you feel better.
    Vix-good luck with your sonogram.
    Ed-Thanks for the humor.
    I am off to the eye doctor. It has been a few years since I was there. :#
    I went into work this morning from4-8. We are having a big visit on Wednesday, so it is all
    hands on deck for the next few days.
    Have a great day!

• eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    Looks like a sunny cooler day, high expected of 72.
    Thanks, Jo, the sonogram was fine...one less thing to worry about. Hope your eye visit went well.
    I hope you all are safe from the storm down south. I have a friend in New Orleans, kind of worried about her.
    It's going to be a beautiful day here, so lucky. Weather is wonderful and air quality is excellent today. I hope the people out west get some relief soon.
    I hope our country starts working on the climate change problem. So many people in jeopardy. It's scary.
    Stay safe and healthy, everyone.
  • parityanimal
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday! A bit wet out at the moment but it is supposed to get dryer as the day progresses. We got a few sprinkles yesterday, and woke to a bit more rain. It may end soonish.

Yesterday turned out to be more of a manic Monday than expected, as I had forgotten about an appointment to do the 5,000 mile maintenance on J's motorcycle. So I followed J, we dropped that off and went to a rather late lunch at one of our favorite restaurants, a Thai restaurant owned and operated by a friend.

This was my first time eating out in a restaurant since February (which may well have been at the same restaurant) and I was a bit uneasy about that but we did, of course, have the option to get it to go and eat in my van. But as we were a bit late for lunch, we were the only dine in customers, which eased my anxiety considerably. We had a nice, chat with the owner, from a bit of a distance, and when leaving I could see that she wanted to give us a hugs, but settled for a bow from J and a wave from me.

About 4:20 they called to say the motorcycle was ready and, as they closed at 5:00, we had to scurry to get there to pick it up. In the scurry, I forgot to grab my nice, hunter green, cloth mask that I had left hanging on the deadbolt of the garage door. So much for my hanging it there so I WOULDN'T FORGET IT. But I didn't really need it as I stayed in the van while J picked up the bike. I keep paper masks in the van anyway, in case of need, and I only stopped once on the way home, to get gas at Kroger, so I didn't get near anyone.

After what felt like an especially long Monday I just got into the freezer and invited the Red Baron to dinner and opened a nice bottle of red wine to go with the pizza.

Laundry WILL happen today. I think. It needs to as all of J's masks need washing, though J may not need to go anywhere for a while.

nn51s0lqq0qp.png

ku9qtga687pg.png

vtv7rnj1roa9.png

• parityanimal
    Options
    Today's alcoholic beverage haul from Lidl. A replacement for the Sinful Grin Petit Sirah I drank with last night's pizza. A magnum of sangria. A bottle of Motepulciano D'Abruzzo. And a bottle of rosado (dark rosé wine), that happens to be a blend of Tempranillo and Garnacha.

e0vpd09wlz4s.png
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday! It's a lot cooler today and is supposed to be very wet. I don't think I need to go anywhere, but do need to take care of the large load in the dryer.

• eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    Pizza and wine look soooooo good, Ed. If I could, I would eat that every day! However, now it is a rare treat.
    It's a little chilly here in the mornings now too. Partly cloudy today with a high of 74 expected. I had some oatmeal for breakfast. Yum.
    Already took a walk and had a telemed visit with my rheumatologist, made an appt with LabCorp for Friday for some routine blood work. My dietitian thought I might be low on iron.
    Hope everyone has a good day. Stay safe.
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday! It's still cooler, and rainy. The rain may taper off this evening. So of course I have a doctor's appointment in Sandy Springs at 9:30. At least they have a (paid) parking garage. That will probably cost me $4 or $5. I will probably get my flu shot while there, and probably the "other" pneumonia shot. I got one of them 6 months ago, but I forget which one, and I seem to remember the doctor promising the other at the next visit. He keeps up with all my booster shots and makes sure I get them all. Even the boosters for what we think of as childhood diseases, that can be rather devastating to adults.

• eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    Ed, good that you're getting up to date with your shots.
    50s and foggy this morning. Possible rain and a high of 74 later.
    Taking hubby for his second shot for the pain in his back this afternoon.
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    Hello!!
    Well, I had over 10 inches of rain from Sally. Rain gauge ran over and I forgot to dump it to get an accurate reading because of the overflow. I also lost a 20 foot, 16 year old tree I grew from a berry from a place I used to walk track. Sentimental value. I still have one as I planted another by it. Could be worse. I have several 60 to 80 foot trees, so am careful neither May or I are under them for a few weeks.

Ed, your pizza looked so good!! Did you get more rain from the system? Glad your test went well, Vix. Hope hubby feels better. You work hard Jo. You sure do get a lot done!!

We are supposed to have some 59 lows Monday and Tuesday!! I cannot wait!! I was cold once or twice when it was 72 with the wind, lol..The South, what can I say! :#
    Stay well...and safe!!!
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's fabulous Friday! It looks like we are past the rain for a bit, while still a bit cooler, though warm enough! And it's sticky out there with the humidity at 100%.

I have to take Lilo to the vet this afternoon.

• eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    Sorry about your tree, Jan. At least the damage wasn't worse.
    Glad you made it through the rain too, Ed.
    Fair with a high of 71 here today. Need to make a quick trip to the bank this a.m. and have a blood test scheduled for this afternoon.
    Got the face masks I ordered from Old Navy yesterday. Seem pretty good. Inexpensive and saves me some time.
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,112 Member
    Options
    good morning, it is a beautiful fall morning here it is like 44 outside had a nice walk been getting on the treadmill also. Jan hope your daughter will be ok