Slower Weight loss at 50?

Options

Replies

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 20,483 Member
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's satisfying Saturday! It should be another glorious fall day here in Peachtree Corners, with a high of only 71 degrees. I may do some laundry. I think I will hold off until tomorrow to finish the shopping I did end up starting yesterday. I need a few things that I can't get at Kroger, so need to make a PetSmart, Lidl, and Ingles run all in one, and I think Sunday Morning might be the perfect time to make that run. I can let it be the weekend exercise for J's car.

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,100 Member
    Options
    Good morning.
    Sunny with a high of 65 expected here today..nice Fall weather.
    I did laundry and cleaned the bathrooms yesterday, so just need to water the indoor plants today. Whatever else comes up.
    Would like to go outside and enjoy the weather.
    Wishing everyone a good weekend.
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    Hello All!
    It has been a busy week and with my back and hip, very slow movement anywhere. I had to make three trips to the AFB to get my meds and refills. Lots of standing in line. They are stream lining it so you can activate what you need without being there in person. That saves a trip. Still a long process. But very thankful it is still free. I do have one medicine I have to pay for that is sent, as the base does not carry it. Also made a trip to my car place to check on a burning smell. Hopefully that was only some oil dripped on the manifold as they said. We shall see. They hit me up for new tires. I did need them so okayed that. I am now a whole lot poorer and it may have set me back getting the plumber out to look at my house. It is always something!! I could sure tell the difference, so I guess it was worth it in comfort and safety!! :smile:

It is just beautiful down here, with the weather much like Ed's. I will have to try that chickpea casserole. It sounds delicious! Glad everyone seems to be doing okay!! I have a friend's daughter's wedding coming up, and a dish to prepare for a sick friend this week. so hopefully that will be all. My back is just tight now, at least the spasms are gone, thanks to meds and my TENS machine. I want to do more in the yard with fall coming. Such timing.

Hi to Irene and Jo!!! I know you all are staying busy!! I am thankfully home for a few days, so need to work on the wash and my house. How is it that one dog and one person can make such disarray! Luckily, she is lazy when I am!!! :)

Take care all!! Stay safe!! <3

• Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,053 Member
    Options
    Good morning;
    Happy belated birthday to Ed and J. :)
    Vix-I hope the fiber helps.
    Jan-I know what you mean, there are 2 of us and one cat and you would think we had a houseful of kids. :p
    After my initial 10 lb. loss, I am back again to losing and gaining the same few lbs.
    It is a vicious cycle. :#
    We will be going walking in a new place today. It is somewhere my daughter found out about from a friend. It is currently 43 degrees out, so I will dress accordingly.
    Hi Irene-I hope Sammies training is going well.
    Have a great day! :)
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday! It's a bit chilly out there now, with an expected high of 74, and should be a lovely day. I need to get to PetSmart, Lidl, Ingles, and maybe another Kroger store a bit farther away, to exercise J's car. With all that I will feel like I need to stay home for at least the next week.

Might get around to starting laundry today.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    Sorry about your back and hip, Jan. I took an NSAID this week, which I normally don't do because it sets everything else off, but it did help with the hip and back pain. Good that you were able to pick up your meds and get your car fixed. Up here it's important to have good tires for the winter.
    Jo, so far the fiber is helpful...odd because I eat so much fiber anyway. My weight bounces around too. I was up and down 3 pounds this week. I hope you have a wonderful walk.
    It's chilly here too. Currently 41 and sunny with a high of 67 expected. The leaves in the neighborhood are starting to blush. :)
    Ed, sounds like a lot of running around. Hope you get everything you need.
    Hi Irene, how's Sammy doing?
    I'm doing some chores this a.m. and will probably have a chance to sit in the sun and read again this afternoon....I want to soak in the beautiful weather while I can.
    Happy Sunday, everyone.
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Well, I got all the shopping done except PetSmart, which can actually wait a couple more days, so it's all good. J's car has had her exercise for the weekend, and so have I now, what with walking through three grocery stores this morning and lugging the groceries in.

I found some more White Castle frozen veggie burgers that are great for a quick lunch for J, and got the remaining cold cereals we needed, that aren't available at Kroger any more. Also chips and snacks at Lidl, and one small pack of soft molasses cookies at Ingles, almost like Grandma S. made, but not quite. I saw them and got nostalgic.

One cookie at a time shouldn't do too much damage.

• parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's marvelous Monday! And it's going to be another glorious fall day in Peachtree Corners, Georgia.

I still need to get out to PetSmart today or tomorrow, as there are only two days left of wet food for the younger girls. There is a bit more for Lilo and Orion, the old queen and the young prince. It's almost never exact on how much is left since we have 4 cats on 3 different types of cat food, due to special dietary needs.

And, of course, while I am out I need to pick up some mini-wheats as J finished that cereal off last night as a midnight snack. Fortunately, Publix is practically in the same parking lot, as well as Target, I may pop into Target to see if they have a store brand of mini-wheats to try. I don't actually go in there much, and as it is more department store than grocery, it may not be as peopley.

• Joanne3366
    Options
    Good morning;
    We had a good, but chilly walk yesterday. It is definitely a place we will go to again.
    In the afternoon, I sat out on the deck and soaked up some sun.
    I am making meatloaf for dinner and an apple pie. As soon as the stores open, I will be running a few errands.
    Have a great day! :)
  • eku0
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Good morning.
    4 cats is a lot, Ed....especially with special diets. You might want to check if Target has Sr hours, even less peopley. What a fun word.
    Jo, nice to find a new place to walk. Yum...I love apple pie. ;) I sat on the deck in the sun Saturday and Sunday. I love this weather.
    Currently 49 and fair with a high of 67 expected.
    No special plans for today. Wishing everyone a good week.
  • parityanimal
    edited October 2020
    Options
    I saw these at Lidl this morning and was immediately flooded with good memories of days of yore. I had to buy a couple, so J and I could have a treat that is a blast from the past.

Grandma S made the best popcorn balls ever, and we often had those as a treat at her house.

And when we lived on Holt Road, in Paducah, we usually went down to the end of our segment of road, as one of our first stops on Halloween.

There was a sweet lady who lived there and she always made popcorn balls for Halloween. They usually didn't last long. I seem to remember that we generally ate them up right away.

There were a lot of home made treats mixed in with the commercial candy. I remember cupcakes, brownies, candied apples, caramel apples, etc. too!

cd643xp18bhx.png
  • Joanne3366
    Options
    Good morning,
    Ed-I was looking for popcorn balls in the store the other day, but didn't find any.
    As I was out doing my errands, on my second stop, I tripped over the curb and landed on my hands and knees. My right leg is a little sore today, but no cuts or bruising. After that I went home I put ice on my knee. Needless to say, I didn't get my errands done.
    Have a good day! :)
  • parityanimal
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday! It should be pleasant all day, with sunny skies for the morning and partly cloudy for the afternoon.

Did I ever mention that my mother's name is Joanne?

I don't need to go anywhere today, though the grocery list is already beginning to accumulate. Funny how it does that.

The popcorn balls were good, but no comparison to Grandma's popcorn balls. But at $0.49 per popcorn ball we couldn't complain.

Dinner last night was roasted chicken, cornbread dressing, gravy, and lightly buttered green peas. And tonight will be more of the same. I lucked out at Lidl yesterday, and besides the popcorn balls, which I hadn't seen in years, I got some bone in, skin on, chicken thighs at 30% off as the sell by date was Oct. 6 and I was shopping on Oct. 5. When I separated the pack into smaller portions for freezing, I kept two out to make a couple of meals from. I made some Asian noodles with egg for J.

I guess since I had a Thanksgiving like dinner and a Halloween like dessert, I am well into the end of year holidays. LOL.

Nothing definite on the agenda today other than eating that other plate of leftover dinner, and the rest of the Chardonnay with it.

• eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    Aw, Jo, sorry you tripped...it seems to hurt a lot more now than it did as kids. It's good to put ice on it. Hope you feel better soon. Errands can wait.
    Ed, your dinners always sound good. We had a real treat last night....grilled grass fed beef. We have red meat so rarely now, it amplifies the deliciousness! I had some spaghetti squash on the side.
    I have an appointment with my dietitian today...still need to find out if it's online or in-person. I prefer online for this. No other plans for today. Yesterday I went for a walk, took my car for a ride, used my elliptical, enjoyed the sunshine.
    It's currently 49 and sunny with a high of 71expected....another glorious Autumn day.
    Enjoy your day, everyone.
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,112 Member
    Options
    hi all, Jo hope you are ok
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday! It's running a bit warmer today, but still nice. A little house cleaning on the agenda.

• eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    A bit warmer here too, Ed, just for today. Sunny high of 80 expected.
    Just a stop by the library planned for today. Will see what else the day brings.
    Have a good day, everyone. Stay healthy.
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday! A little warmer again today, but another glorious fall day here. Not a lot on the agenda for me.

• eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    My house is being cleaned this morning. Yay. It's a beautiful sunny day, I'm here with my window open, just a little chilly. Currenly 60 and sunny, with a high of 67 expected.
    No special plans, will see what the day brings.
    Have a good Thursday, everyone. Stay healthy.
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's fabulous Friday! It's another cool day here in Peachtree Corners, with increasing rain chance as the day progresses. My absentee ballot has been accepted! My vote has been counted. I may try to get to a grocery this morning, and take J's car for its weekend run, as it's likely to be rainy the rest of the weekend.