💦 Water: YES
    🍽 Food: YES
    😴Sleep: YES

STEPS
    Tues 10/6: 18,567

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,328 Member
    Options
    Good Morning/Afternoon Everyone... Happy Hump Day ......I hope everyone is doing great :) ....I am a bit sore today from doing my 5 mile walk with Leslie Sansone yesterday...Meal Prepping and standing in front of the TV last night and stepping while I watched TV... I ended up with 23,470 steps ...I would like to challenge myself to get 20,000 steps a day :)
  • Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Daily Post October 6
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 128oz
    Steps 9654
    Exercise 60 min walk with stroller

After taking my son to preschool, my daughter and I went for a walk, her in the stroller. It's a little too hot out for October I think. It's been in the 80s so far all week. I'd like the slightly cooler weather to come back now. Pushing her up the final hill to get home is getting a little bit easier the more I do it. My sister in law is scheduled to have her baby on the 28th of this month, getting pretty excited about that. My great Uncle and Aunt have both gotten Covid and are sick. She's doing ok with it but my Uncle has been hospitalized. The first day was a little scary but now he's showing slight signs of improvement.
    Today we are going grocery shopping instead of Friday because it's a busy weekend for us. I'm hoping to also get a walk in while my son is at school.
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    GOALS: Monday, Oct. 5

🏃🏻‍♀️Workout: YES
    🍽 Food: NO (ate after hours :( )

STEPS
    Mon 10/5: 8,129

Well done overall! Do you shut your kitchen down at a certain time?

Tuesday 10/06
    Under calories
    Drank 2500ml water
    Steps 10,081

Awesome job meeting your goals!

azkunk wrote: »
    Check-in for 10/5

Steps: 8144
    Calories: 1040 (304 remaining)
    Rings: all closed
    C25K: 2/3 complete for the week
    Water: 94 0z

Down 0.2 but still over last week's weight. I think that I have had too much sodium lately and need to reign it in. No popcorn tonight!

You are killing your goals! I remember back in my weight watcher days them telling us popcorn was a no no before weigh ins. My old brain can’t remember exactly why.

My treadmill broke on me today, right at the mile 2 mark. I really had to push myself to get going and just when I was in full stride, BOOOOM! Some mechanism snapped. Hoping I can get it fixed before all the cold comes our way.

I hope it didn’t stop fast and make you lose your balance.

TracyKlaft1
    Weigh in Day Tuesday
    PW 166.75
    CW 166.75
    LTD 1.25

@Megan_smartiepants1970 steps:
    10/4 - 4316
    10/5 - 6836
    10/6 - 7695

Goals
    7000 steps - yes
    Track food - no
    cut carbs - no

Maintaining works out ok some weeks. Maybe with tracking you can prelog the night before and just make adjustments for serving sizes before you go to bed.

jenmurphy3 wrote: »

230.2 is my weight. I just can’t seem to bring these numbers down.

I have been tracking, I have been working out. I just have to try harder.

I have you at 232.4 last week so that’s a 2.2 pound loss. That is an awesome loss!

Tried to fast today but didn't succeed. I do okay up until dinner. Once I start cooking for everyone I start getting hungry. Going to keep working on it.
    Logged everything
    Ab challenge done
    Did okay on water
    Steps 6433

Are you doing omad or a full 24 hour fast? I find it hard enough to do 16/8.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    lcfa5317 wrote: »
    I didn't have many steps today, but I biked 16 miles which was 450 calories. That's a win! My food intake was fine although I have to make sure to get more vegetables into my diet. Normally I eat a lot of veggies, but the last few days I haven't. My goal - chop them up early in the morning so I can eat them while I work at my computer tomorrow.
    Interesting fact - I was tracking all my food for September and was certain I lost weigh, only to see that I had gained weight. What??? My husband eats what I make and his pants are falling off of him. I asked him if he wanted to bike with me at 5:00. He agreed, but I thought he should just sit his skinny butt on the sofa and watch TV. I want him to be healthy too, so off we went on our biking adventure. His skinny butt hurt after the ride, but mine was just fine. (only benefit to be carrying around extra weight)

It is crazy how men lose weight so much faster and even easier. Great bike ride! Megan, will be helping you convert workouts into steps so you get credit for it.

Tazaria87 wrote: »
    Daily Post October 5
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 128oz
    Steps 9499
    Exercise 30 min walking video with HIIT

I had my niece all day and we also invited my parents over in the evening to watch football. I knew I wasn't going to be able to get outside for a walk so I found a 30 minute video on youtube by Leslie Sansone. Crazy that those videos are such a good workout, kinda kicked my butt haha.

Great work! I have tried them in the past but a few of the moves are awkward with my knee. I have a knee replacement so there are some limitations.

I am honestly confused with MFP. They are giving me credit for exercise and taking it away. Does this happen to anyone?

sgff3pl3ymbl.jpeg

I am not familiar with Apple Watch but are the health app and the watch doing the same thing. I know with Fitbit you can have negative adjustments. I would check the settings again.

Yesterday went pretty well. Did 10 minutes of ab exercises, as I tried to do it first thing in the morning, and found I don't have that much motivation that early to do such things. But they're a bit sore, and a tiny bit is better than nothing. Today I'll be doing C25K W2D1. Hope everyone has a great Wednesday!

At least you did something!

rlaskey2 wrote: »
    CW (Current Weight):186.6
    SW (Starting Weight): 187.2

Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie No
    Steps 8978 tracked, Fitbit dead through cardio workout until mid Morning
    Exercise 39 min 10 rounds boxing workout

Yesterday was ok, I wasn’t able to walk much other than a short dog walk since I had the kids. Did my meal planning and food shopping for the week. Dinner was the leftover Asian pork turned into ramen. I loved it my husband doesn’t like it because he thinks it is too messy to eat. I was hoping for a slightly larger loss but a loss is a loss I guess. My body does not shed weight quickly at all. My goal is to stay focused on week two and not fall off as I tend to do.

That’s over .5 a pound loss. They add up over time.
  • shortyjmorgan1
    shortyjmorgan1 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    GOALS: Monday, Oct. 5

🍽 Food: NO (ate after hours :( )

STEPS
    Mon 10/5: 8,129

Well done overall! Do you shut your kitchen down at a certain time?

Tuesday 10/06
    Under calories
    Drank 2500ml water
    Steps 10,081

Awesome job meeting your goals!

Check-in for 10/5

Steps: 8144
    Calories: 1040 (304 remaining)
    Rings: all closed
    C25K: 2/3 complete for the week
    Water: 94 0z

Down 0.2 but still over last week's weight. I think that I have had too much sodium lately and need to reign it in. No popcorn tonight!

You are killing your goals! I remember back in my weight watcher days them telling us popcorn was a no no before weigh ins. My old brain can’t remember exactly why.

My treadmill broke on me today, right at the mile 2 mark. I really had to push myself to get going and just when I was in full stride, BOOOOM! Some mechanism snapped. Hoping I can get it fixed before all the cold comes our way.

I hope it didn’t stop fast and make you lose your balance.

TracyKlaft1
    Weigh in Day Tuesday
    PW 166.75
    CW 166.75
    LTD 1.25

@Megan_smartiepants1970 steps:
    10/4 - 4316
    10/5 - 6836
    10/6 - 7695

Goals
    7000 steps - yes
    Track food - no
    cut carbs - no

Maintaining works out ok some weeks. Maybe with tracking you can prelog the night before and just make adjustments for serving sizes before you go to bed.

jenmurphy3 wrote: »

230.2 is my weight. I just can’t seem to bring these numbers down.

I have been tracking, I have been working out. I just have to try harder.

I have you at 232.4 last week so that’s a 2.2 pound loss. That is an awesome loss!

Tried to fast today but didn't succeed. I do okay up until dinner. Once I start cooking for everyone I start getting hungry. Going to keep working on it.
    Logged everything
    Ab challenge done
    Did okay on water
    Steps 6433

Are you doing omad or a full 24 hour fast? I find it hard enough to do 16/8.

Doing a full 24 hour. It use to be easier to do but here lately it is very hard to make it past 5
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    GOALS: Tuesday, Oct. 6

STEPS

All goals met! Amazing day!

Good Morning/Afternoon Everyone... Happy Hump Day ......I hope everyone is doing great :) ....I am a bit sore today from doing my 5 mile walk with Leslie Sansone yesterday...Meal Prepping and standing in front of the TV last night and stepping while I watched TV... I ended up with 23,470 steps ...I would like to challenge myself to get 20,000 steps a day :)

You must have steps for awhile while watching tv! Well done!

Daily Post October 6
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 128oz
    Steps 9654

After taking my son to preschool, my daughter and I went for a walk, her in the stroller. It's a little too hot out for October I think. It's been in the 80s so far all week. I'd like the slightly cooler weather to come back now. Pushing her up the final hill to get home is getting a little bit easier the more I do it. My sister in law is scheduled to have her baby on the 28th of this month, getting pretty excited about that. My great Uncle and Aunt have both gotten Covid and are sick. She's doing ok with it but my Uncle has been hospitalized. The first day was a little scary but now he's showing slight signs of improvement.
    Today we are going grocery shopping instead of Friday because it's a busy weekend for us. I'm hoping to also get a walk in while my son is at school.

Another stellar day! I hope your relatives recover. It is a tough virus. My mom had it in March. She was in hospital for awhile. My Mom is a tough old bird so I hope your uncle is the same.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    I have 2 announcements... #1 I was informed that our September month grand total for our steps is not correct... I will re post our winners when I have the correct totals :)

#2 I have an activity Conversion Chart on my phone ..So if you are counting steps and want me to convert activities that are not easily measured by a pedometer ...please add your activity and the minutes of said activity..Ex, Bicycling (leisurely 10-11.9) would give you 100 steps/minute (Average). Also if you have a step counter and the workout counts steps Ex. Leslie Sansone walking DVD you can not double dip ...I hope this makes sense :)
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Tuesday’s check in
    Calories: over
    Exercise: 40 minute walk
    Water: ✅
    Steps: 6,364
    DBF: 0

I am giving myself until the end of the month to get my binges under control. If I can’t I am going to get some help to deal with it. I did therapy for the binge eating disorder about 2 years ago and it helped me a lot. Maybe I need a refresher.

No walking today. I overdid it the last 2 days. I am going for my first ultrasound today and the second one is on Tuesday coming. I am praying for answers from these 2 ultrasounds.

Oh, my recipe was delicious. I can’t wait to try something new next week!

Happy Hump Day!

Goals for week
    1. Walk 5 minutes at 5 times daily
    2. No binge eating
    3. 70 ounces of water
    4. Try a new recipe every week
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Here is the link to the exercise conversion chart

https://www.arhs-nc.org/live-healthy/data/StepConversionChart.pdf
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    Steps
    10/5 11,232
    10/5 15,140

Weight was waayyyy up this morning. I hope that it's just one of those weird jumps and not the effect of me sitting around so much lately and not tracking what I eat. My toe is getting better, so I can at least get back to walking more. I wish there was a magic answer to building consistency in both diet and exercise (other than the obvious, but not so easy 'just do it').

Happy Wednesday!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Here is the link to the exercise conversion chart

https://www.arhs-nc.org/live-healthy/data/StepConversionChart.pdf

This is great cause even people without a tracker can participate in the step challenge.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Steps
    10/5 11,232
    10/5 15,140

Weight was waayyyy up this morning. I hope that it's just one of those weird jumps and not the effect of me sitting around so much lately and not tracking what I eat. My toe is getting better, so I can at least get back to walking more. I wish there was a magic answer to building consistency in both diet and exercise (other than the obvious, but not so easy 'just do it').

Happy Wednesday!

Glad your toe is feeling better. I wish they had a magic pill. I could pop it and my relationship with food would be amazing. Losing weight is a hard thing to do but it can be done. We got to keep trying every day.
  • Kitty2Katz
    Kitty2Katz Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I've been absent the last few days. Started to feel better after reinjuring my left knee, and a few other health problems. I still can't do much walking yet.
    But here are some goals for the rest of this week and next week

Goals for week:
    1. Log in my dairy daily (except on rest day)
    1. Walk 5 minutes at least 5 xs a day. (When knees better)
    2. No eating after 7 p.m
    3. 72 oz of water daily.
    4.Say at least 2 good and positive things about myself every day. (Sometimes my thoughts and words are self negative)
  • eaturpasta
    eaturpasta Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Case0099 wrote: »
    10/5 65,566 steps (Hiked a virtual marathon! RIP my feet)

yes, please share how!
  • Tazaria87
    Options
    GOALS: Tuesday, Oct. 6

STEPS

All goals met! Amazing day!

You must have steps for awhile while watching tv! Well done!

Daily Post October 6
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 128oz
    Steps 9654

Another stellar day! I hope your relatives recover. It is a tough virus. My mom had it in March. She was in hospital for awhile. My Mom is a tough old bird so I hope your uncle is the same.

He's 87 years old, but generally pretty healthy. He status changes every day. Today he's not doing as well but I don't know the details yet.
  • Tazaria87
    Options
    Just coming in for another update to state that I put on a pair of jeans capris today that I haven't been able to wear in over 3 years! I love being able to get back into some of my favorite clothes. It's a big motivator!
  • Z10Rtza
    Z10Rtza Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I only did 7.667 steps but today I'm giving it all!!
    I have been walking a lot + I went to the gym and I did a bit of everything. I was feeling unstoppable.
    I've realised that since I'm sleeping with the CPAP I have pain in my lungs but I have much more energy 😁
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Check in for 10/6:

Steps: 7967
    Calories: 1113 (87 remaining)
    Water: 92oz
    C25K: rest day (2 of 3 complete for week)
    Ring Streak: 30 days all rings closed

Still don’t know the answer to the watch negative calorie adjustment but I don’t tend to eat my calories back so I will just ignore it for now.
This discussion has been closed.