Slower Weight loss at 50?

Options

Replies

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,100 Member
    Options
    Good morning.
    Congratulations on getting your vote counted, Ed...seemed like it could be a problem this year. We're going to go in person to early voting. In MD, it's the week before. Will get all masked up and go.
    I hope you're safe from the storm. Sunny and currently 57 here. It was 44 when we went for a walk this a.m., expected high of 71. Beautiful Autumn day.
    Happy Friday, everyone. Stay healthy.
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 20,486 Member
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's soggy Saturday! It's been raining and dripping a little already, and more is expected this afternoon and overnight.

I might do some laundry today.

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

• eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    I hope the rain isn't too bad, Ed. Not sure of the storm path for Delta. The weather channel coverage isn't very good this morning. Looks like it hit Southwestern LA and parts of TX, MS, AL...similar to the last one, but not saying where it's going. Weather here is partly cloudy with a high of 76 expected for today. The leaves are changing more and more each day.
    I hope you're safe from the storm, Jan and Val.
    No special plans, will probably take my car for a ride. All is well.
    Stay healthy and have a good weekend, everyone.
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    Hello all!

Glad to get caught up with you all!! Jo, hope you are not too sore from the fall. I have done that too! I must agree, we do not bounce like we did years ago! Envious of those great walks!! Today is my friend's daughter's wedding. It is in an old barn venue and of course, at the moment we have a bit of a steady rain coming down due to Delta. The wedding couple had to cancel the dream honeymoon as Delta hit the resort town of Del Carmen on it's first landfall. Bless them, they put off wedding from late March due to covid, and now a hurricane. Or tropical downpours. It could have been worse if it hit Miss. or Al. for them. We have just rain and bands, and very low risk of tornadoes. Hopefully. It is clipping the N.W. corner of Al. up thru Tenn, and raining all over the South as it defuses. Just messy. Poor Louisiana.

My back was slowly healing though very stiff. I turned wrong last night and it is practically out. Somehow I am going to get to that wedding though. May has a limp too, so we are just a pair. Faithful dog to share Mama's ailments!

We have stopped at Peachtree corners a few times going to South Carolina if we were not in a hurry. Great area, Ed! Irene, give Sammie a snuggle for me!! Vix, I swear I need a riding lawnmower and use the money saved in cutting to have the Merry Maids in!!
    Boy, for this to be over!! Take care all!!! <3
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous soggy Sunday! It's looking like another gray, overcast, drippy day today. Fortunately I don't have to go anywhere, as I already exercised J's car and mine seems to usually get enough with grocery runs.

I WILL do laundry today. I may not finish laundry today, but I WILL get it going.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    Ed, I took my car for a ride yesterday. Nothing special to do today either.
    It's currently cloudy here with rain expected all day and a high of 67.
    Jan, hope you had fun and stayed safe at the wedding. Do you have to get the lawn mowed in winter? If not you could get the Merry Maids in once in a while then. I have an independent housecleaner.
    I've been waking up tired. That doesn't seem right! I think I forgot to water my plants yesterday, better go check that.
    Anyway, I hope you all have a nice Sunday.
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    Hi!!
    Rainy, but nice day! I had 5 inches of rain with an occasional rain band remnant coming thru. The wedding was beautiful. 3 of us wore masks.. the other 99 did not. Part of the venue was outside, and I did not mingle as much. My back ordeal kind of put a kink in it for me and mine. Oh well. Still great! . My lawn guy slows up in Oct., Vix, but makes leaf mulching runs in Nov. and before Thanksgiving. I have about one acre of various bushes and trees, and almost a half acre where the house is. So I appreciate him. What a great idea though!! I never thought about using the lawn money for that when it is not cutting season!! The grass is slowing up a bit. Supposed to be in the 40's as a low this week...Yay!! Big deal in the South, lol!! :#
    Rest easy all!! <3
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Tonight's boeuf bourguignon, as served, for me. Eduardo has been itching to make that for a while. LOL. And the savory soy curl stir fry I made for J. Rice not shown.

bqy0fxlnn18v.png

e2l3mmuonw5u.png
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning all.
    Raining since yesterday afternoon, and continuing through today. High of 59 expected today. It's cooling off....most temperatures in the 60s for the next 10 days, a couple of days low 70s.
    Glad you had a good time at the wedding, Jan. I hope your back feels better soon.
    Ed, your dinners always look good...those 2 look like comfort food. ;)
    I baked a butternut squash yesterday and cut it up into chunks, so today I can make soup out of it. Seems like a perfect day to make soup.
    I think I let the world get to me yesterday, but today should be better.
    Wishing everyone a good new week.

We all grew up with Columbus day, but today I am commemorating Indigenous Peoples Day.

• parityanimal
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's marvelous Monday! Another cool one here, and it looks like partly sunny with minimal chance of rain. I need to fold laundry and put it away. Sound familiar? I did already put away the clean dishes from the dishwasher, so I could put my breakfast dishes in.

I LOVE butternut squash (or pumpkin) soup.

At least food is already cooked. Plenty of leftovers to eat today.

• parityanimal
    edited October 2020
    Options
    The void awakens!

brb2d90fws03.png

euptpajy59gi.png
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,053 Member
    Options
    Good morning,
    Cool morning here with an expected high of 55.
    Worked 4 hours this morning to help out with inventory. This afternoon I am going to Ikea to look at rugs. I need an area rug for my living room and a runner for the front hall.
    Yesterday on our walk we saw 4 deer. Two of them started to followed us, so we got close to them. One started to stamp his leg, so we retreated quickly. I think he was warning us to stay away. That was my excitement for the day.
    Jan-glad you enjoyed the wedding. I would have been uncomfortable being around that many people without masks on. I hope your back gets better soon and May's limp goes away.
    Ed-Is that a picture of your cat?
    Vix-I have never made squash soup. I love squash, so I think I will have to try to make soup.
    Have a good day. :)
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Joanne3366 wrote: »

Ed-Is that a picture of your cat?

It was a picture of our youngest cat.
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    Ed, I love butternut squash soup too...cheerful and comforting! I don't usually make pumpkin soup....hmmmm...wondering if I could make it like my b-nut squash, but with canned pumpkin...would make it easier. Cute black kitty.
    Jo, I hope you found some nice rugs! Our closest IKEA is over an hour away. I love seeing deer...wouldn't want to get too close. I saw a video this a.m. of a man who was jogging and got too close to cougar cubs, and the mama started following him....that would be really scary! B-nut squash soup is one of my favorites. Funny because we never ate squash when I was growing up. Just store bought pumpkin pie. I just discovered it in the last decade. Yum.
    Foggy and cloudy here today with a high of 69 expected.
    Will see what the day brings.
    Have a good Tuesday, everyone.
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday! I have been to Kroger and back, with groceries. I did fold and put away all the laundry yesterday, and need to run a cleaning cycle on the dishwasher today, to keep lime and other deposit buildup down.

• IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,112 Member
    Options
    hi everyone yesterday Sammie turned 5 months old she is all potty trained so things are improving
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,053 Member
    Options
    Good morning;
    Hi Irene-Sounds like Sammie is on the right track and doing well.
    Vix-I never made it into Ikea. The line to get into the store was very long. I will try again tomorrow and get to the store when it first opens and hopefully no lines.
    Hi Ed and Jan.
    Time to get ready for work.
    Have a great day! :)
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday! We are expecting clear skies today with a high around 78. I may need to get out to Lidl for a couple of things I couldn't get at Kroger. And if Lidl doesn't have them, then I may trot on up the road a bit farther to Ingles or Trader Joe's, or both. And I may need to get to the Asian farmer's market soon.

Last night's vegetarian chili Frito pie, specifically J's portion though I had about the same, but with less salsa.

rutgu8c5c407.png

• eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    Irene, glad Sammie is doing well.
    Jo, sorry you didn't get into IKEA. I haven't been to stores much, so I forget about lines with the limited occupancy. I have been going to Sr hour at TJMaxx occasionally...it's great, hardly anyone there.
    Ed, looks delish!
    Hi Jan, say hi to Val from me.
    Sunny with a high of 72 expected here today. The trees are starting to look very colorful.
    I have a pickup at the library this morning. Will see what else the day brings.
    Have a good Wednesday, everyone.
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday! It is a bit foggy this morning but should turn out to be a pleasant day, though overcast this morning.

I encountered a 16 inch take & bake traditional crust pizza at Lidl yesterday, and at a price of only $4.99 for the 6 cheese version couldn't resist buying one for supper. And breakfast. And lunch...

The ones with just a few toppings were at $5.49 and the meat lovers (5 meats) was at $5.99. I seriously thought about buying one of the meat lovers too, but refrained. I would have had to eat the whole thing, and think I would have had to freeze some of the leftovers. So just a cheese pizza for us.

J doesn't generally eat breakfast, but for me one slice of the pizza, with the additional toppings of soft cooked scrambled egg, cheddar cheese (7 cheese pizza now!) and a sliced up sausage link from the links I prepared to have with it, made a great breakfast warmed up in the toaster oven to have an even crispier crust.

While the pizza last night was OK, the crust is a bit thicker, and chewier, than we really prefer, though the flavor was good. I will not be buying another of those any time soon, even at that great price. For an acceptable, quick, inexpensive family meal I think it would be a good deal for the average family though.

I need to give the AC drain its monthly flush today.