Downsizers - October 2020 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,530 Member
    Options
    I will catch up later today. I have an ultrasound and I have to go to two different places to get blood work for 3 different doctors so I am tied up all morning. My granddaughter is here this morning as I take her to school on Tuesday’s and I need to entertain her until we leave. Have a great morning!
  • Kitty2Katz
    Kitty2Katz Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    MFP has given me a high calorie allmont nearly 2,000 calories a day. I can't not eat that amount and lose weight. I've been trying to do this amount, but it's to high and I'm not losing, mostly staying put.

Today, I'm going to start with a calorie amount of 1,500 and see how I do at this amount. Eat this amount or under, and continue to eat healthy as I can, and drink as much water as I able.

Starting today, I'm going to include some exercise and walking back into my daily routine. Because of my knees I'll as much as I can safely do without causing my knees to hurt
  • Kitty2Katz
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970, I've decided that I'm going to start my steps again. Can you please put me back on challenge. I'll either post steps each evening or the next morning.

Thanks Kitty 😺
  • Case0099
    Case0099 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    10/10 7,178 steps
    10/12 6,974 steps
  • GottaDUMPmyRUMP
    GottaDUMPmyRUMP Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    GOALS: Monday, Oct. 12

🏃🏻‍♀️Workout: YES
    💦 Water: YES
    🍽 Food: YES
    😴Sleep: YES

STEPS
    Mon 10/12: 13,000 (spinning) + 3,163 = 16,163

I'm back on track as of yesterday. Hoping to finally get the scale moving down this month.

Have a great Tuesday everybody!
    :)
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    Steps 10/12: 12,135
  • Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Daily Post October 12
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 128oz
    Steps 12178
    Exercise 60min walk

Had my niece yesterday. It always keeps me on the go to have 3 kids here instead of 2. We also got all the outside Halloween decorations up so I'm sure I got a lot of steps doing that. The weather has been beautiful lately and my walks are that much more enjoyable because of it.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,328 Member
    Options
    Kitty2Katz wrote: »
    @Megan_smartiepants1970, I've decided that I'm going to start my steps again. Can you please put me back on challenge. I'll either post steps each evening or the next morning.

Thanks Kitty 😺

I left you on the step challenge :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Tazaria87 wrote: »
    Daily Post October 12
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 128oz
    Steps 12178
    Exercise 60min walk

Had my niece yesterday. It always keeps me on the go to have 3 kids here instead of 2. We also got all the outside Halloween decorations up so I'm sure I got a lot of steps doing that. The weather has been beautiful lately and my walks are that much more enjoyable because of it.

Can you please post your steps for 10/10 and 10/11? Thanks :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Will the following people please post your steps for 10/10 ?

@Piqueaboo
    @Tazaria87
    @darleenturner
    @eaturpasta

If I do not have them by the end of today 10/13 I will be zeroing it out so I can tally it up and post the winners ...Thanks for your cooperation :)
  • Kitty2Katz
    Options
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options

You are very welcome :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Will the following people please post your steps for 10/10 ?

@Piqueaboo
    @Tazaria87
    @darleenturner
    @eaturpasta

If I do not have them by the end of today 10/13 I will be zeroing it out so I can tally it up and post the winners ...Thanks for your cooperation :)

@Piqueaboo I made a mistake on the spreadsheet so you have steps on 10/10 ..sorry about that ..disregard your name being on the list ...Thanks :)
  • Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Daily Post October 12
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 128oz
    Steps 12178
    Exercise 60min walk

I did yesterday
    It was a busy weekend of camping and I wasn't able to get in here yesterday! So..

Daily post October 10 & 11
    10/10
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 128oz
    Steps 5957

Went to a trick or treating event at the campground and had lots of fun. Didn't go for an actual calorie burning walk at all so fell short on steps but did good on food and had a great day.

10/11
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie No
    Water 128oz
    Steps 3735

Go back from camping and went to my parents house for dinner. No one wanted to cook so we ordered out from a new bbq place my mom wanted to try. Everything was delicious but I definitely went over calorie limit. No regrets though. I still mostly stuck to diet, it was just high calorie meat. Had I eaten that on an exercise day I would have still been under calorie so it's not so bad. It was a planned indulgence and I'm back at it today! About to put the girls down for a nap and go for a walk.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Daily Post October 12
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 128oz
    Steps 12178
    Exercise 60min walk

I did yesterday
    It was a busy weekend of camping and I wasn't able to get in here yesterday! So..

10/10
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 128oz
    Steps 5957

Went to a trick or treating event at the campground and had lots of fun. Didn't go for an actual calorie burning walk at all so fell short on steps but did good on food and had a great day.

10/11
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie No
    Water 128oz
    Steps 3735

Go back from camping and went to my parents house for dinner. No one wanted to cook so we ordered out from a new bbq place my mom wanted to try. Everything was delicious but I definitely went over calorie limit. No regrets though. I still mostly stuck to diet, it was just high calorie meat. Had I eaten that on an exercise day I would have still been under calorie so it's not so bad. It was a planned indulgence and I'm back at it today! About to put the girls down for a nap and go for a walk.

I apologize for missing it ........Thanks for re posting for me :)
  • rlaskey2
    rlaskey2 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Tracked Mostly
    Under Calorie No
    Steps approx 9k Fitbit is having trouble syncing today
    Exercise 39 min 10 rounds lower body strength workout

I tracked up until dinner time when I got lazy and didn’t cook and made a crappy frozen pizza. I snacked too much in the afternoon. I hate the beginning of the week because it is hard for me to get out and walk when the kids are home.
  • Piqueaboo
    Piqueaboo Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    Tuesday Daily Check-In:

Day #2 of my new resolution!

Yesterday I bought my bullet journal and now am learning how do do this - I walked for over an hour which was great even though it's starting to get cold, and it's been raining in Paris for weeks now!
    I am currenly cooking a huge batch of vegetable chili which should come out at 4-5 meals for the week, meaning I have less room to cheat, fingers crossed ^^
    For now I've had half of my 3l goal and am not worried about reaching it (I'm thirsty these days!) and am still within my calories, so all good =) I just need to convince myself to go for my walk of 30 minutes, maybe after dinner later when there are less people out and about.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    rlaskey2 wrote: »
    Tracked No
    Under Calorie ??
    Steps 8,986
    Exercise short walk

Yesterday I took a second non tracking day, I was lazy after my friends went home. I did a short walk but took some time to rest since knee is still sore from all my exercise last week. Today I will get back to tracking before I totally fall off. Scale was down a good bit this am but we will see if that is still the case by Wednesday. Fingers crossed!!!

How did the tracking go on Monday? It’s so nice when the scale has a nice drop.

Just checking in! It's Monday the beginning of a whole new week and a chance to renew your commitment to yourself and what your hoping to accomplish on your journey. No matter what we are going through in are weight-loss journey. There's nothing we can't accomplish, If set our minds to it.

Wishing everyone the very best on your journey. We can do it!! You got this!! 😺💞

Love your positive message!

lcfa5317 wrote: »
    10/09 steps = 7,888
    10/11 steps = 13,544
    Went for a long walk with my husband and my daughter who was visiting us. It was wonderful to have her home for the weekend. We all went for a great bike ride on Saturday. It was a glorious fall weekend. The colors were awesome and the weather was nice. Gotta think of all the positive things these days!

It is so nice when kids come back for a visit. Fall is my favourite time of the year.

Case0099 wrote: »
    PW 225.8
    CW 222.8 Yippee!!!

10/11 steps 7,085

That is awesome!

mszoueb wrote: »
    Hi all,

Here for Monday check in. It's been a rollercoaster of a week with job interviews, job offers and injury! I fell down the stairs on Wednesday, thankfully nothing broken and walking pretty much back to normal but foot/ankle still not 100% so not sure where I stand on exercise unfortunately. Had a few not so good days of eating last week so I shouldn't be overly surprised this week on gaining.. just need to get back down.

CW: 250.8

So sorry you fell! I hope your ankle feels better soon!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options

Nice loss!

10/10
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 128oz
    Steps 5957

10/11
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie No
    Water 128oz
    Steps 3735

There are occasions where we are going to have a day over our calorie limit. I think it helps keep us going with the journey. Yesterday for our thanksgiving dinner I was over.

azkunk wrote: »
    Check in for 10/10

Steps: 5330 (low due to painting)
    Calories: <1000 but not as active this weekend
    Water: 68oz
    Ring streak: 35 days
    C25K: 0 of 3 days

Tough weekend with my goals and the the scale is up today but I ate gilled chicken with carne asada seasoning that is super high in sodium. I wish they had a low salt version but I’m betting that is what makes it so good.

I am sure that water weight will drop by Friday. Do you buy the seasoning or make your own?

GOALS: Sunday, Oct. 11

🏃🏻‍♀️Workout: YES
    💦 Water: YES
    🍽 Food: NO
    😴Sleep: YES

STEPS
    Sun 10/11: 12,643

Weekends are hard for staying within calories. You killed your other goals and I know you will have a good week.

draby2011 wrote: »
    Steps for today: 4100

It should be more than that but my Fitbit isn't cooperating I think my band has gotten too big. *sigh*
    Anywho I woke up at the crack of dawn and met a friend at the gym and got some fasting cardio and strength training in. Got a smoothie and went and worked at the surgery center where I sat on my butt. lol, Today was an emotional day for me but nothing I couldn't handle. Also, I dyed my hair for reaching my first long term goal of 50 pounds lost! As of this morning, I was down exactly 51 pounds so woot! (YES I Boohoo cried when I got on the scale the 3rd time for confirmation lol)

3fpljl4icsyt.jpg

You look fantastic! I am so proud of you for meeting your 50 pounds lost milestone. Have you set a new long term goal?

10/11/2020 & 10/12/2020
    ScorpioGirl70
    Weigh In Day: Friday

10th .... Steps: 2723
    11th .... Steps: 9794

Something I have been playing with on the treadmill and thought I would pass along the information I have.
    When I first started out on MFP, I posed the question which is better, going faster or a steeper incline for weightloss.
    Many people had told me the faster, so that is what I have been doing... BUT.... the incline burns more fat.

I had been going almost a year now with around a 3 incline and anywhere between 2.5-2.7 mph.
    The past couple weeks I have been doing a 10 incline and nothing past a 2.1 mph and I am burning twice as many calories and really feel it in my legs. I do a mile each time I am on the treadmill which is anywhere between 25-27 minutes, depending how often I play with my speed.

So if you want to burn alot of calories increase your incline if possible on your treadmill.

Just thought I would share with you all what I figured out.

I will have to keep this in mind if I ever get back to the gym. When I did go I always used the treadmill but never played with the incline.

Hi all

I don't know if I misread my weight last time but today
    Cw 244.6
    PW 241.9
    I am doiing much better starting yesterday .still had extra food last night but way under control
    Today I am feeling positive and motivated and confident next week will be a loss.

Have a nice day

Keep feeling like that and you will be sure to have a loss.

I'll be glad when Oct 28th gets here, I'll have a brand new talking scale. Even though I weigh in the 200s, it weighs up to 500 lbs. Hopefully, it will show my true weight better than the old scale. I need a tallking scale because I have vision problems, and this is the only talking scale I can get.

I just ordered a smart scale before I got on here. It is amazon prime days and they had a good deal.
  • TracyKlaft1
    TracyKlaft1 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    TracyKlaft1
    Weigh in day Tuesdays
    PW 166.75
    CW 167.5
    LTD .5

Had a stressful week and I eat when stressed. I'm really going to try harder this week.😥
This discussion has been closed.