Replies

• southgirl94
    southgirl94 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    Oct Wk 3 - Sat, 10/17

Track: Yes
    Calories: I think under?
    Exercise: None to report.

I realised today I take 1-2 doses of ibuprofen a day, sometime when I’m in little to no pain. At times I do need it; other times, I see it as preventative. Nonetheless, getting back to light exercising like walking or the elliptical can relieve some of my knee, foot, and back pain. Also, drinking more water and walking will decrease the swelling I’ve noticed of late in my ankles.
  • Jen_967
    Jen_967 Posts: 1,919 Member
    Options
    gjaholy33 wrote: »
    Daily Post

Thursday 10/15

Track yes
    Calories yes under
    Exercise yes 30 minutes of Hasfit calisthenics workout
    Water 134oz

Friday 10/16

Track yes
    Calories yes
    Exercise yes Hasfit calisthenics 25min workout
    Water 160oz
    Goals/comments tried a new app for intermittent fasting called Zero so I also had to log my weight and I loss 4lbs since Monday so excited

Saturday 10/17

Track yes
    Calories yes
    Exercise yes 30 minutes of Hasfit calisthenics workout
    Water 130oz

Goals/comments no cheating today proud of myself for the restraint

Yes! You are doing great! 😁
  • Jen_967
    Options
    Daily Post
    Saturday
    Track: yes
    Calories: under
    Exercise: yes

Walking for 2 hrs
  • Kin59vara
    Kin59vara Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Jen_967 wrote: »
    Kin59vara wrote: »
    Daily Post
    Calories: yes
    Exercise: Daily Burn, 7786 steps

I had a doctor's appointment yesterday that was not great. I need to be VERY diligent in my work on my weight and exercise. I am setting some personal goals as I have until February to get my weight in line and to change my eating habits. I had never had blood pressure medicine now I have it doubled ( YUCK) I am pre-diabetic and have high cholesterol I do NOT want to take medications so I have a choice to get with the program. I may need more help here. Previously I had done WW for years with minimal success, tried a nutritionist also with no success. I need to figure this out. ANY suggestions for staying focused welcome. I just got an email with a 'birthday' offer for WW and I am not sure if I should go back to this again. THANKS

I have been doing keto with intermittent fasting since December. So far I’m down 52 lbs. when I started I was on 3 different blood pressure meds and a cholesterol medication. Since then they took me off my cholesterol medication and 2 of my blood pressure meds. My dr said if I continue losing weight he probably will be able to take me off my last blood pressure medication.

Thanks for the advice! I tried intermittent fasting without much success. My doctor gave me the DASH diet so I am reading about it and then trying to stay faithful to it. I know that although I have been exercising I know that I have not had as much energy as I had. I will look into the keto and may need advice and encouragement!
  • Kin59vara
    Options
    WEEKLY WEIGH-In
    PW:168.1
    CW:167

I am determined to make this number continue to go down!
  • Kin59vara
    Options
    Daily Post: Sunday
    Calories: 1336 ( I am going to begin to post the exact calories so that I can see if this makes a difference in weight. I am going to try to make analysis so that each day is better.
    ahw0ndz4sufl.png
    Fat and protein are up.

I had milk and cheese so I need to switch these to low-fat version.

Exercise: Daily Burn, 13221 steps
    I want to increase my steps and strength training.
  • WMEJA
    WMEJA Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    WMEJA
    Weighin
    Sunday

PW 217
    CW 218.1
    😳🤔🙄
  • WMEJA
    WMEJA Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    Daily post
    Sunday
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options
    Daily Post

I had a doctor's appointment yesterday that was not great. I need to be VERY diligent in my work on my weight and exercise. I am setting some personal goals as I have until February to get my weight in line and to change my eating habits. I had never had blood pressure medicine now I have it doubled ( YUCK) I am pre-diabetic and have high cholesterol I do NOT want to take medications so I have a choice to get with the program. I may need more help here. Previously I had done WW for years with minimal success, tried a nutritionist also with no success. I need to figure this out. ANY suggestions for staying focused welcome. I just got an email with a 'birthday' offer for WW and I am not sure if I should go back to this again. THANKS

I have been doing keto with intermittent fasting since December. So far I’m down 52 lbs. when I started I was on 3 different blood pressure meds and a cholesterol medication. Since then they took me off my cholesterol medication and 2 of my blood pressure meds. My dr said if I continue losing weight he probably will be able to take me off my last blood pressure medication.

@Kin59vara I will share my feelings on weight watchers with the you and the group. It's my belief that their model won't help anyone long term, maybe initially with motivation and tracking, but long term I'm not sure that it's sustainable, one you have to have their program to determine how many points things are so you'll be paying them for that model for the rest of your life and if you succeeded in losing the weight, you'd quit the paid program AND I'm also not sure that a program that allows you to have all the pasta you want can be beneficial. That is a lot of carbs and what I've learned about carbs over the last few years tells me that carbs trigger an insulin response and insulin turns off fat burning until the carbs have been processed. Not that carbs are necessarily all bad, but if they're always high, you will always be in storing more vs burning mode. Another thing is, if you're not ready to cut the carb cord, that's fine, intermittent fasting can help with this as well. If you're fasting, you're not eating carbs, therefore after you've burned through them, you'll turn to fat burning mode and achieve a lot of the same benefits as if you were following a ketogenic diet or low carb diet. I recommend both for maximum results, but I whole heartedly believe there is more than one way to get there. I like to do both of those things myself, and it's those times I stuck to that plan I saw the biggest ROI and greatest weight loss. However, they can be done independently of each other or together. Even lowering your total carb count to 100 or less can help. You'll burn through that glucose fast and then your body will be forced to look for alternatives to energy sources and this is when it'd turn to fat and stored fat. (big point to remember, if you decide to go keto, or even IF, watch your electrolytes! add in broth or electrolyte supplements, trust me on that one)
    Someone who does a really great job of explaining this process is Dr Jason Fung. I was skeptical at first but if I look at the times I was really successful and lost the most (and what I'm doing again to get back down to where I was, keto + IF. There are several Intermittent fasting times you can use, probably the easiest and best one to start with is 16:8 which means you're fasting 16 hours a day and eating within 8 hours. You figure you're sleeping for 8 of those hours roughly, just delaying your first meal and stopping eating a little earlier at the end ofthe day, and you're there. It's pretty easy to do!
    I know, I answered that.....with a lot of words and information, but I truly believe it and there is a lot of science to back it up.
  • kkmark
    kkmark Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    AB0215 wrote: »
    kkmark wrote: »
    Kkmark
    Pw-155.1
    Cw- 154.8

Please can you give me access to October excel sheet the link doesn't work

@kkmark I fixed the link on the group page

Thank you so much
  • Jen_967
    Options
    Daily Post

Thanks for the advice! I tried intermittent fasting without much success. My doctor gave me the DASH diet so I am reading about it and then trying to stay faithful to it. I know that although I have been exercising I know that I have not had as much energy as I had. I will look into the keto and may need advice and encouragement!

Yow ill get there. You got this! <3
  • Jen_967
    Options
    Jen_967
    Sunday Weigh-in
    PW: 214.8
    CW: 209.8

It's been a good week. :D
  • walk4today
    walk4today Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Daily Post
    Sunday
    Calories: over
  • schlerin
    schlerin Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    Sunday
    Week 4
    PW: 197.4
    CW: 197.4
  • Bemybestby60
    Bemybestby60 Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    Daily Post Sunday
    Track yes
    Calories yes and under
    Exercise yes treadmill
  • southgirl94
    southgirl94 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    Oct Wk 4 - Sun, 10/18

Happy 24th birthday to my brother!

Track and Calories: No
    Exercise: 4.05 mi, 85-min greenway walk
  • Jen_967
    Options
    Daily Post
    Sunday
    Calories: under
    Exercise: not today- rest day
  • Jen_967
    Options
    9tn2ib0kljvh.png
    **October Week 3**
    r76mnedgsrqo.gif

This Week's Winners (posted 6-7 times):
    @Jen_967
    @gjaholy33
    @Bemybestby60
    @southgirl94
    @walk4today
    @Kin59vara

This Week's Runners Up (posted 5 times):
    @AB0215

v46vld4n6nrl.gif

"Week 1 Results have also been posted."

Congrats to our top 3:
    1st- @vicky2767- 2.46%
    2nd- @WMEJA- 1.27%
    3rd- @RetroJoe28- 1.25%
    uohume43ad88.gif
  • Kin59vara
    Options
    AB0215 wrote: »
    Daily Post

@Kin59vara I will share my feelings on weight watchers with the you and the group. It's my belief that their model won't help anyone long term, maybe initially with motivation and tracking, but long term I'm not sure that it's sustainable, one you have to have their program to determine how many points things are so you'll be paying them for that model for the rest of your life and if you succeeded in losing the weight, you'd quit the paid program AND I'm also not sure that a program that allows you to have all the pasta you want can be beneficial. That is a lot of carbs and what I've learned about carbs over the last few years tells me that carbs trigger an insulin response and insulin turns off fat burning until the carbs have been processed. Not that carbs are necessarily all bad, but if they're always high, you will always be in storing more vs burning mode. Another thing is, if you're not ready to cut the carb cord, that's fine, intermittent fasting can help with this as well. If you're fasting, you're not eating carbs, therefore after you've burned through them, you'll turn to fat burning mode and achieve a lot of the same benefits as if you were following a ketogenic diet or low carb diet. I recommend both for maximum results, but I whole heartedly believe there is more than one way to get there. I like to do both of those things myself, and it's those times I stuck to that plan I saw the biggest ROI and greatest weight loss. However, they can be done independently of each other or together. Even lowering your total carb count to 100 or less can help. You'll burn through that glucose fast and then your body will be forced to look for alternatives to energy sources and this is when it'd turn to fat and stored fat. (big point to remember, if you decide to go keto, or even IF, watch your electrolytes! add in broth or electrolyte supplements, trust me on that one)
    Someone who does a really great job of explaining this process is Dr Jason Fung. I was skeptical at first but if I look at the times I was really successful and lost the most (and what I'm doing again to get back down to where I was, keto + IF. There are several Intermittent fasting times you can use, probably the easiest and best one to start with is 16:8 which means you're fasting 16 hours a day and eating within 8 hours. You figure you're sleeping for 8 of those hours roughly, just delaying your first meal and stopping eating a little earlier at the end ofthe day, and you're there. It's pretty easy to do!
    I know, I answered that.....with a lot of words and information, but I truly believe it and there is a lot of science to back it up.

I so appreciate all this information. I know that part of my problem is being mindful of what and when I am eating. I will look up Dr. Jason Fung and Keto. Thanks for taking the time to give me this support.
  • Kin59vara
    Options
    Daily Post: Monday
    Calories: 1445 echw6k5rldlj.png
    Exercise: Daily Burn, 16788 steps

Thanks for everyone's support and advice!