Downsizers - October 2020 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,032 Member
    Options
    rlaskey2 wrote: »
    I am off to go on a lonnnnnng walk with Alyssa (daughter) and Aspen(Husky) ... I really missed it yesterday :)

I am soooo jealous, I am going crazy with this weather here this week and being stuck inside.

You can come to California and walk with us :p
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Today, I had to take measurements and progress pictures and it was not fun. I know having these will be very motivating along the way but that sure was hard seeing the cold, hard truth 🙈
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    azkunk wrote: »
    Today, I had to take measurements and progress pictures and it was not fun. I know having these will be very motivating along the way but that sure was hard seeing the cold, hard truth 🙈

I am with you there ... I stay away from cameras like it is the plague

Also somehow I messed up on your steps ..can you please repeat them from 10/25 -10/29 thank you
  • TASCascalho
    TASCascalho Posts: 27 Member
    Options

Awesome week! I love tracking my weight also as that trend line really tells a story. What are you using to track your weight. I know you said you have a cheat day on Sundays. Do you still track your food that day?

I weight myself everyday with a Omron BF511. Then I put the values on the excel and work with that data.
    MyFitnessPal is mainly for food logging and to plan my meals.

I changed my cheat meals from Sunday to Saturday. Cheat meals add a lot of weight and you can see from the graphic, all the spikes happen in Saturdays and I take 2 or 3 days to lose that weight, which masks the real weight loss.

In terms of cheat meal logging, I don't do it in a very accurate way, I estimate depending on what I eat. If I eat something super greasy and chocolate and ice cream, I can easily reach 3000+ cals and basically blow up all the work done during the week. On a controlled cheat meal I usually consume around 2000 cals.

Another reason why I chose to move cheat meals from Sundays to Saturdays is due to the bloating effect. I need consistency on my day to day routine to keep the diet on. If I eat a lot on Saturday, Sundays are days where I eat super less since I feel full for at lest the next 24 hours after having a cheat meal. By eating less on Sundays, I compensate the extra calories I over consumed on Saturdays.
    Then on Monday the routine starts over again.

This group helps me in that routine by keeping me accountable and creates a checkpoint where I can do a retrospective of the week and define objectives for the next one.

Let me know if you have more questions! :D
  • GottaDUMPmyRUMP
    GottaDUMPmyRUMP Posts: 270 Member
    Options

I never took progress pictures in the past, and regret it now. I have very little pictures of me at my heaviest weight because I avoided pictures so often. I think you will appreciate those pictures in the coming weeks/months!
  • azkunk
    Options

Also somehow I messed up on your steps ..can you please repeat them from 10/25 -10/29 thank you

10/25: 3985
    10/26: 6915
    10/27: 9002
    10/28: 11940
    10/29: 8581
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,517 Member
    Options
    Username: azkunk
    Weigh In Day: Friday
    PW (Previous Weight): 188.3
    CW (Current Weight): 186.1
    LTD (Loss to Date): 20.9

Check-in for 10/29

Steps (goal=8K): ✅ 8581
    Water (goal= 80oz):✅
    Carb goal= 145g:❌
    Fat goal= 40g:✅
    Protein= 105g:❌
    Fiber= 28g:❌
    Exercise: rest day

New low and officially hit the 20-lb goal 🤩🤩🤩

I ended up low on calories yesterday so I did not hit my macros. My goal is to be within +/- 5 grams and I was lower than that so goal not met. I tried but at the end of the day,I was not hungry and could not eat any more. I am not a planner but I had one day that was made it so I’m going to try to follow that model.

@lindamtuck2018 - I would like to change my weigh-in day to Sat next round. That is my weigh-in day with my health coach.

Awesome loss! Congrats on your new milestone! I will get your weigh in day changed.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options

I am with @iHUSTLE4MUSCLE, I regret not taking pictures and measurements. I also don’t have many pictures as I dislike the camera.

Awesome week! I love tracking my weight also as that trend line really tells a story. What are you using to track your weight. I know you said you have a cheat day on Sundays. Do you still track your food that day?

I weight myself everyday with a Omron BF511. Then I put the values on the excel and work with that data.
    MyFitnessPal is mainly for food logging and to plan my meals.

I changed my cheat meals from Sunday to Saturday. Cheat meals add a lot of weight and you can see from the graphic, all the spikes happen in Saturdays and I take 2 or 3 days to lose that weight, which masks the real weight loss.

In terms of cheat meal logging, I don't do it in a very accurate way, I estimate depending on what I eat. If I eat something super greasy and chocolate and ice cream, I can easily reach 3000+ cals and basically blow up all the work done during the week. On a controlled cheat meal I usually consume around 2000 cals.

Another reason why I chose to move cheat meals from Sundays to Saturdays is due to the bloating effect. I need consistency on my day to day routine to keep the diet on. If I eat a lot on Saturday, Sundays are days where I eat super less since I feel full for at lest the next 24 hours after having a cheat meal. By eating less on Sundays, I compensate the extra calories I over consumed on Saturdays.
    Then on Monday the routine starts over again.

This group helps me in that routine by keeping me accountable and creates a checkpoint where I can do a retrospective of the week and define objectives for the next one.

Let me know if you have more questions! :D

I always tend be be higher in calories Friday and Saturday. I work on a calorie average for the week. When I am not struggling it works really well. I always get a spike in my weight on the weekends.
  • GottaDUMPmyRUMP
    GottaDUMPmyRUMP Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    WEEKEND CHALLENGE: Friday

✔️1. Track everything
    ❌2. Stay within calorie goal
    ❌3. 20 minutes of exercise each day
    ✔️4. No takeout or dining out
    ✔️5. Reach your water goal each day
  • Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Daily Post October 29
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 128oz
    Steps 8976
    Exercise 40min treadmill

Yesterday was a pretty stressful day with the kids. They were in nightmare mode or something and I was losing my mind. The crazy thing is, in the past I would have gone straight to the pantry looking for something to calm my nerves in the form of food. That never happened, didn't even consider eating. You know what I was really craving at the time? To go walking. I desperately wanted to go outside and walk to calm down. Crazy how things change.

P.S. I'll join the weekend challenge!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    We have one more joining our team ....Please welcome @Camwill03 :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options

10/25: 3985
    10/26: 6915
    10/27: 9002
    10/28: 11940
    10/29: 8581

Thank you for un-confusing me LOL .... I had 9002 twice ooops
  • azkunk
    Options
    WEEKEND CHALLENGE: Friday
    Track everything ✅
    Stay within calorie goal ✅
    20 minutes of exercise each day ✅
    No takeout or dining out ✅
    Reach your water goal each day ✅

This challenge will help motivate me to exercise. I enjoy being lazy way too much on the weekends.
  • draby2011
    draby2011 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Steps for today: 11,973

DAILY GOALS:
    10,000 steps per day: Yep! Finally got that run I have been needing in and the weather was actually a beautiful 70 degrees so I enjoyed every second of it. Although I am pretty sure that it will be back in the 90s tomorrow.
    1/2 Gallon of water per day: Not even close. Left my water bottle at work yesterday.
    Lower Soda Intake: Nope....haha see the above answer lol
    Exercise daily: Goal met! Got that run in and also got some stuff done here at home. (My window AC unit went out last week and instead of buying another cheaper one, I waited and got me the best of the best portable AC unit. This Florida heat kills me and I'm not with this not being able to sleep because I am hot business lol. So I got that all set up by myself which prompted me to move a bunch of stuff and rearrange everything.)

I work 36 hours in the next 3 days but really pushing to get my water and my steps in. Wish me luck as tomorrow is both a full moon AND Halloween which means it either going to be REALLY crazy or REALLY slow. lol

Also, I think I told you guys but in case I didn't...I am on month 4 of 6 of my vitamin D prescription therapy as mine was super low. Well, the last 2 weeks of month 3 I didn't take because I stupidly left the bottle in my car, and the capsules literally melted so I was being cheap and said: "Nah, I will just wait until it's due for a refill." Then I forgot about it for a week on top of that. That period of time where I went off of it LITERALLY unraveled everything. I was extremely fatigued all the time, weak, had brain-fog, just not how I have been feeling, and boy did I pack on the pounds! Refilled my prescription and took the first capsule yesterday morning and I literally felt like I could take on the world today! So I am curious to see what the doctor is going to say when the 6 months is up. I know she wants me to redraw labs but I don't know if it is something I will need to do permanently or not but I do know I can NOT feel that way again! Nuh-uh!

Anywho, weigh-in day is tomorrow and I have to wake up in a mere 4.5 hours to get ready for work and drop the kidlets off beforehand so let me get off of here and get in some sleep in my new comfy (and now cold!) room!

Sweet dreams everyone!
  • lelbarou
    lelbarou Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Good morning,
    Tracking food - yes
    steps - 3999 ( still having breathing issues)

Maybe got a supply teaching job for the mornings, so hopefully I will be going into work soon. I hope everyone has a good weekend. Stay strong!
    Best wishes,
    Laura
  • lelbarou
    lelbarou Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Oh. I would like to do the weekend challenge!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Tazaria87 wrote: »
    Daily Post October 29
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 128oz
    Steps 8976
    Exercise 40min treadmill

Yesterday was a pretty stressful day with the kids. They were in nightmare mode or something and I was losing my mind. The crazy thing is, in the past I would have gone straight to the pantry looking for something to calm my nerves in the form of food. That never happened, didn't even consider eating. You know what I was really craving at the time? To go walking. I desperately wanted to go outside and walk to calm down. Crazy how things change.

P.S. I'll join the weekend challenge!

That is an amazing! For the challenge let me know everyday your score.

draby2011 wrote: »
    Steps for today: 11,973

DAILY GOALS:
    10,000 steps per day: Yep! Finally got that run I have been needing in and the weather was actually a beautiful 70 degrees so I enjoyed every second of it. Although I am pretty sure that it will be back in the 90s tomorrow.
    1/2 Gallon of water per day: Not even close. Left my water bottle at work yesterday.
    Lower Soda Intake: Nope....haha see the above answer lol
    Exercise daily: Goal met! Got that run in and also got some stuff done here at home. (My window AC unit went out last week and instead of buying another cheaper one, I waited and got me the best of the best portable AC unit. This Florida heat kills me and I'm not with this not being able to sleep because I am hot business lol. So I got that all set up by myself which prompted me to move a bunch of stuff and rearrange everything.)

I work 36 hours in the next 3 days but really pushing to get my water and my steps in. Wish me luck as tomorrow is both a full moon AND Halloween which means it either going to be REALLY crazy or REALLY slow. lol

Also, I think I told you guys but in case I didn't...I am on month 4 of 6 of my vitamin D prescription therapy as mine was super low. Well, the last 2 weeks of month 3 I didn't take because I stupidly left the bottle in my car, and the capsules literally melted so I was being cheap and said: "Nah, I will just wait until it's due for a refill." Then I forgot about it for a week on top of that. That period of time where I went off of it LITERALLY unraveled everything. I was extremely fatigued all the time, weak, had brain-fog, just not how I have been feeling, and boy did I pack on the pounds! Refilled my prescription and took the first capsule yesterday morning and I literally felt like I could take on the world today! So I am curious to see what the doctor is going to say when the 6 months is up. I know she wants me to redraw labs but I don't know if it is something I will need to do permanently or not but I do know I can NOT feel that way again! Nuh-uh!

Anywho, weigh-in day is tomorrow and I have to wake up in a mere 4.5 hours to get ready for work and drop the kidlets off beforehand so let me get off of here and get in some sleep in my new comfy (and now cold!) room!

Sweet dreams everyone!

I have been taking vitamin d for quite a few years. The benefits are amazing. I never stopped taking it so I don’t know what would happen. I hope you had a nice sleep.

lelbarou wrote: »
    Good morning,
    Tracking food - yes
    steps - 3999 ( still having breathing issues)

Maybe got a supply teaching job for the mornings, so hopefully I will be going into work soon. I hope everyone has a good weekend. Stay strong!
    Best wishes,
    Laura
    lelbarou wrote: »
    Oh. I would like to do the weekend challenge!

I hope your breathing improves. For the challenge report your scores daily .
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Weekend Challenge

I just wanted to keep it fairly simple this weekend. There are 5 tasks to complete each day. You get 1 point for each one you complete with a maximum of 5 points a day. You can let me know each morning how you did the previous day. The person who has the most points after the weekend gets bragging rights for the week. Let’s all get maximum points this weekend!

Friday, Saturday and Sunday
    1. Track everything! The good the bad and the ugly!
    2. Stay within calorie goal. I think this is a big one for a lot of us on the weekends.
    3. 20 minutes of exercise each day. What you do is your choice but try to challenge yourself and try something new.
    4. No takeout or dining out!
    5. Stay hydrated! Reach your water goal each day as it is easy to not do this when we are out of our weekday routine.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Friday’s check in
    Calories: over by 55 🤦‍♀️
    Exercise: none
    Water: ✅
    Steps: 6,091
    Sleep: No
    DBF: 4

At yesterday’s appointment the doctor increased one of my medications for nerve pain. Hopefully it starts working soon. I still haven’t signed up for the gym. A lot of our Covid cases are coming from gyms, restaurants and bars so I am a bit nervous. The gym I would go to is very small and clean. You make an appointment for a 1 hour slot so it should be safer than other gyms. I will debate it over the weekend.

I am off grocery shopping in a few and I have a lot to do at the apartment. Yesterday I started gutting everything and I have stuff everywhere. If it hasn’t been used in a year it is gone to the garbage or donated.

Hope your weekend is off to a great start!

Goals this week
    1. No binge eating/late night snacking
    2. Sleep at least 7.5 hours
    3. Stay within maintenance calories
This discussion has been closed.