Slower Weight loss at 50?

Options

Replies

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 20,483 Member
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday! It's warm and foggy now and the rain chance will increase as the day moves on. A great day to not go anywhere and possibly have a nice, afternoon nap. I am sure I can find something to do in the interval between now and nap time.

Supper last night was rather uninspired. I think Eduardo took the night off. I did use up some vegetables, dicing up a bell pepper, a large potato, one small zucchini, one and one small yellow squash and frying them all up together. Then a nice handful of Mexican style shredded cheese on each serving. It tasted good enough, but just uninspired.

Then we watched Hocus Pocus, and I made some cheese dip and opened a bag of tortilla chip and some salsa, so chips and dips for a movie snack really kind of completed dinner and made it all better.

Nothing pressing on the agenda. But then I rarely press anything. If I have to go to that much trouble to wear it, it will generally stay in the closet.

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

• parityanimal
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Power is out at least until they get a tree off the lines across the street. Thanks, Zeta.
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,100 Member
    Options
    Good morning.
    Sorry about your power outage, Ed...is everything else ok? No damage to your house? Hope they get that fixed soon. Zeta is causing a lot of damage in several states.
    We have rain here that started last night and will probably go through tonight, flood warnings, and an expected high of only 59. We're lucky, no strong winds.
    I gave myself a hair cut yesterday...not bad...at least it's shorter and not all scraggly down my back. No special plans for today.
    Have a good day, everyone. Stay safe.
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,112 Member
    Options
    good morning, Ed hope you don't have to go too long with out power we have rain
  • parityanimal
    Options
    We have been without power for over 12 hours now but we are fine.
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,053 Member
    Options
    Good morning
    Ed-I hope you got your power back.
    Vix-You are brave. If I tried to cut my own hair, I would look like the pictures you see of little kids cutting their own hair. :#
    Jan-Did you get any damage from Zeta?
    Irene-we have also had rain since Wednesday and the temps have dropped into the 40's.
    I have the weekend off. :)
    Enjoy your day!
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's fabulous Friday! It has been a lovely cool night and we left the windows slightly open to take advantage of that.

We are hoping for some power today. Yesterday I picked up lunch and ordered in for supper. It has been like camping, but without the fire.

I need to see if I can scavenge some breakfast or go out and pick some up.

J really needs to get some some work done, having taken yesterday off by necessity, and may start the car, plug in a power inverter, and try to connect via mobile phone hot spot and do what can be done that way, though it would be limited and will eat up phone data.
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    Ed, I hope you get your power back soon. There are about 2 million people without power from this storm, so it may be a while. Stay safe. I know you are resourceful and will be ok through this. Hugs.
    Jan, hope you're ok too...I see it also went through parts of Alabama.
    Jo, glad you have the weekend off. It's still a little drizzly here this morning with an expected high today of only 50. I'm sort of lucky my hair is very curly, so haircuts are pretty forgiving.
    I actually flatironed it before I cut it so I could find the ends. :smirk:
    Have a good Friday, everyone. Stay safe and healthy.
  • IreneMurman
    Options
    Ed we went a whole week without power that is when we decided to get a home generator so much nicer but we do loose our power a lot being in the country. take care everyone. Jo enjoy your weekend off
  • parityanimal
    Options
    We got our power back, after 38 1/2 hours. Fortunately it was quite cool so we had no major problems. It even get cold at night, but we actually like that. Lilo is not so fond of the cold, though, and the sugar gliders don't care too much for it either.

We celebrated with Chinese delivery for supper.

• parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's satisfying Saturday! It's rather chilly out there at 46 degrees, and we expect a high of only 63 or so today. It should be a sunny, beautiful day.

Right now I am enjoying my hot tea that I have missed dreadfully the last couple of mornings. To be fair, I COULD have dragged out the camp stove and used it to make hot water for tea, but we were really hoping that they would get the power back on sooner. At any rate, we're BACK ON! I ran the dishwasher last night, as I had planned to do Thursday morning, and put all the clean dishes away this morning.

I think I will make a pot crock pot of chili today. That sounds yummy.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    So glad your power is back Ed! Yay! Chili is great on chilly days. :wink:
    We had a bit of frost early this a.m., but the sun is out now, and we have an expected high of 49...cooler than it's been, and probably some clouds rolling in later.
    I need to carve my pumpkin, and I'm putting some candy in paper cups that I'll put out on a table on the porch to minimize contact for the kiddos. I'll miss going to the door to see them all....maybe I'll walk around a little so I can see them, or I'll have to be peeking out the window. Blue moon tonight, that's cool for Halloween.
    How's Sammie doing, Irene?
    Hi Jo and Jan.
    nekfxarc61c0.png
  • IreneMurman
    Options
    happy Halloween its really chilly here ,Sammie is doing good she is 5 months old now on the 16 of November we are taking her in to get fixed we believe it is healthier for her take care every one
  • parityanimal
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Chili is cooking in TWO crock pots. My beefy chili (with just a little bit of wine - Eduardo insisted) in the green one and I made some vegan chili to cook in the smaller, off-white one, for J. It won't be vegan when eaten, as it will have cheese added at that point.

I think we will be using chili as spaghetti gravy tonight, with cheddar, or Mexican blend cheese for topping.

pq7l53cr3mwb.png

5v4v4lhnxyft.png
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Chili spaghetti and cheesy garlic bread sticks.

vlbl4fafr76e.png
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday! It's a bit warmer today and we are expecting a glorious, beautiful fall day.

Breakfast was a grilled cheese sandwich made with savory French toast.

Not a lot on the agenda today, but do kind of need to sweep some floors and may do that.

• eku0
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Good morning.
    Cloudy with a chance of showers today and a high of 54.
    Chili looks delish, Ed. And grilled cheese sandwich used to be one of my favorites. Kind of hard without bread and cheese! (Although I do sneak them in occasionally).
    I had one of my usual breakfasts, warm blueberries, apples, and cinnamon.
    Gray and damp day here. Not expected to be really sunny til Wednesday.
    Halloween was nice....lots of people set up tables and were sitting outside...we walked over to see my grandson (cute puppy costume), and they were sitting in their driveway...had brought their firepit out front. It was cozy and friendly...lots of neighbors walking around with their kids and saying hi...everyone able to keep their distance.
    My next door neighbors moved out yesterday, so I expect the new neighbors to move in soon.
    Back to regular time this a.m.
    xo0ry2c8kz81.png

Have a good Sunday, everyone.
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's magnificent Monday! It is a balmy 37 degrees out there now, with an expected sunny high of 55.

We have already moved most of the plants that need it into the garage for the winter, but do still have a few, that can take cold (but not frozen) weather still out there. I need to rearrange a few things to get ready for them, so guess what today's task is?

• eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    It was really windy last night, still a bit windy this morning...was very cloudy before but starting to clear, high of only 45 expected today. We had a blip in our power a few minutes ago, just enough to shut down my laptop and mess up the digital clocks. Not so bad.
    No special plans for today.
    Have a good day everyone. Stay safe.
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    Good morning!!
    Finally getting caught up here! Ed, your food looked so delicious! Irene, your puppy is sure growing!! I think you are over the hard part with the toilet training accomplished!! Jo, Happy belated Birthday! Envious of your walks and fall colors! Vix, sounds like great fun with your family!!

I am so confused between just the weeks and Zeta coming through. Some of my friends have just got power back today and there are still outages. None of the schools in my county and northwards are in session as still no power. I lost a 90 foot tree, but it is way away from the house by my creek, so all is good. I lost power the day after Zeta came thru on Friday morning. But only for about 15 minutes. I live in one of the areas that gets repairs first, though kind of country. My cable and phone went out Friday morning and was back on by late Saturday. Al. is really a mess with outages still. No generators to be had, they were gone by Friday morning from Birmingham to Montgomery. Some families lucky enough to have bought on previous years are sharing with many families. Constant sound of chain saws!!

I have been more stressed getting my kids birthdays remembered as my son was Oct. 22 and Jenny's is Nov. 3. Of course my 13 meds need to be renewed these two weeks, at various days , some refills and some I can phone in. The base requires 3 trips to process...but still feel lucky. I have a few church friends with birthdays all in Nov. in the first week...so do not know if I am coming or going!! A few friends text or talk heavily as Covid goes on. But I love my older people so try to keep up.

Val is having surgery coming up. I still need to write to her, and will let you know what's happening. I had trouble getting into MFP a couple days before today. I think my signals are just weak sometimes... And it would help if I knew my password!!! Running to Publix and the base today...if I can just get out.
    Glad everyone is doing well!! Stay safe!!