Slower Weight loss at 50?

Options

Replies

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 20,483 Member
    Options
    To keep busy, I broke down some excess carboard boxes in the garage. There are more, but the recycle bin has enough for this week. I can break down some more and stack them, though, to be ready for the recycle bin. This is all part of getting the garage ready for the bigger plants.

And I went virtual shopping and got a grocery delivery from Kroger.
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,053 Member
    Options
    Good morning;
    Jan and Ed, I am glad you got your power back.
    We didn't get any trick or treaters. I didn't even see anyone out in my neighborhood.
    Vix-I bet your grandson looked so cute.
    We had snow all day on Friday, accumulated about 2 or 3 in. It is all melted now.
    Yesterday was very windy and cold. It is still windy this morning.
    We now have to all work one night until 8pm. I am usually asleep by that time. I hope it doesn't mess me up too much.
    Have a great day. :)

• parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday! I early voted, so won't need to stand in line today. I may take a peek up the street though, just to see how bad it looks. And I need to get to PetSmart anyway, to get cat food and my usual route goes right past the school where we vote.

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,100 Member
    Options
    Good morning
    Jan, sounds like you're super busy. Sorry you had to endure those outages, and that you have so much to do. Wow, a 90 foot tree! Can you let it lay or will you have to get it cleaned up and removed? Be careful on your trips out. Say hi to Val from me and tell her I wish her a successful surgery and speedy recovery.
    Hi Irene, hope all is going well.
    Ed, you've been busy...I would never have thought to put plants in the garage, but it gets a lot colder here in general. I have one plant that I put out and take in each year...it's a hibiscus that doesn't tolerate our climate. I also put some coleus out in the summer, but just take clippings to bring them back indoors.
    Jo, wow...snow already! Yesterday was windy and cold here too. It is still windy this morning, with a high of 57 expected today...warmer than yesterday. I hope working late isn't too awful for you. Our grandson is adorable, and he's at that wonderful age where he is learning super fast, trying to say everything that we say, trying to do things for himself. Yesterday, it was so cute watching him try to put his socks on, with our daughter helping a bit. They are great parents, very attentive and patient.
    I'm glad we all voted early. This is the first time I've ever felt any fear about going to the polls on election day. I guess that says a lot about where our country has gotten to.
    Anyway, have a good day, stay safe and healthy.
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,112 Member
    Options
    Jan let Val know i am sending prayers and hugs. We went and voted well we handed in our ballets since nj doesn't have machines its all paper which I don't trust it but that's another story take care everyone
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    Voting day already! Lucky my place is small. Never any waiting. Glad I am not where the violence my be.

Luckily, the tree can lay where it is. Makes a good habitat!!

I will pass good wishes to Val!

Stay safe!! <3
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday!

It should be cool and clear today. I may do some house cleaning if my right hip will allow that. Chicken and noodles for my supper last night, heavy on the chicken, and plenty of leftovers.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• Joanne3366
    Options
    Good morning;
    Well I survived my late night at work. I was tired when I got home, so I had cheese and crackers for dinner...not the best choice. :#
    Jan-send my best wishes to Val for speedy recovery. :)
    I also voted early. Now the madness begins with the counting.
    Enjoy your day.
  • eku0
    edited November 2020
    Options
    The madness continues, it's been going on for a long time. Can you believe so many people would vote for those who want to take our voting rights away. no more words.
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Well I haven't gotten to any house cleaning as yet, but did just finish putting away a largish order delivered from Kroger. I think I could get used to this delivery thing! I have a smaller order from Amazon Fresh coming later.

Oddly, I found that, though as best I can tell, Amazon Fresh actually comes from Whole Foods, there is a separate basket for orders specifically from Whole Foods, and to get free delivery on either one, (since we do pay yearly for Amazon Prime) the order has to be over $35. PER CART on the Amazon Fresh order, and separately on the Whole Foods order as they don't combine the carts.

Weird. If it all comes from Whole Foods, you would think it would all be one cart, but maybe they keep the Amazon Fresh stuff in a back room or something...

I had started building an order and noticed that I had three carts open. The regular Amazon cart, a Whole Foods cart, and the Amazon Fresh cart.

I deleted all the items from the Whole foods cart and found suitable items by searching specifically only under Amazon Fresh (instead of ALL) and the one item I couldn't get from there is a prime item with free delivery regardless with our prime account.

So...unless Kroger charges me $4.95 for my delivery, all the delivery was free. It did include a $5.00 tip for the Amazon Fresh driver, but Kroger doesn't allow their employees to take tips as best I can tell. Kroger might charge me for the delivery, as the order I placed was over $80, which gets free delivery, but they happened to be out of a number of items (including two kinds of bacon???) and I believe the subsequent total ended up under $80.

BUT, I don't mind paying a reasonable fee for delivery, and $4.95 is certainly reasonable.
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday! It looks like it will be another beautiful, sunny fall day today. I got all of yesterday's groceries put away. There is, of course. the perpetual LIST that never seems to stay empty long.

I could really get used to this delivery thing. It was nice to get my groceries delivered right to the door, just like in olden days in small town America. Kroger did NOT, apparently, charge me any delivery fee for yesterday's order, I guess since my initial order was well over $80 and it wasn't my fault that they were out of several items.

Still need to get to some house cleaning. I did just put out some roach tablets in a few places in the kitchen that are inaccessible to the cats, and not close to food.

• parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's fantastic Friday! A little warmer today, and expected to be partly cloudy with a slight chance of rain during the evening and overnight.

I got the most of the rest of the accumulated cardboard boxes collapsed and put in the recycle bin, leaving a little room for other recycles, and leaving a few really nice boxes for use in packing up the former roommate's stuff that should have been long gone to Kentucky, but is still cluttering up the room that we made into J's office because travel hasn't really been feasible.

Supper last night was cheesy dirty rice with chili beans, and without any meat. It was relatively easy, and filling. This morning I emptied the dishwasher that ran overnight. Today I may actually have run out of things to do to avoid house cleaning. Maybe.

lyhb53mbc53a.png

• eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    Hmm...my post from yesterday seems not to have posted. It was basically that I went to
    TjMaxx in the a.m. and one of the grocery stores. Today is my daughter and son-in-law's 10th anniversary. I got them some gift cards and a couple of little things. In normal times, we would have had a party. It was good to get out. Got my house cleaned on Wednesday, which is always a pick-me-up.
    Ed, that dinner looks like delicious comfort food!
    I had spaghetti squash and chicken last night. This morning had half a slice of gluten free bread with peanut butter and jelly on it. Lots of comfort food!
    Will take my car for a ride today, and stop by my daughter's later....I think they want an anniversary picture...they got lawn signs put up...I have to go see that.
    It's supposed to go up to 71 degrees today, and it's sunny. Sounds like a great day.
    Have a good one. Stay healthy.
  • Joanne3366
    Options
    Good morning;
    Vix-Happy anniversary to your daughter and son-in-law. I had spaghetti squash last night also. :)
    It should be in the 70's here also.
    Ed-your rice looks good!
    I am off today and will catch up on laundry, housework and grocery shopping.
    Thursday I went and got my hair colored and cut. I had her go a little darker, so now instead of almost white blonde, I am now a dark blonde.
    Have a good day! :)
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's satisfying Saturday! It's pretty warm out there, and supposed to stay that way, with some chance of rain today. I may do some of that house cleaning today, and we probably need to get the last of the plants moved into the garage before it gets cold again.

• eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    Thanks, Jo. They are so cute...and time flies! Glad you have a day off. Hope you like your new hair color. (I have been doing mine myself and am back to brunette since last year.)
    Have fun with your plants, Ed.
    It's sunny here today too, currently 49 with a high of 73 expected. Love this weather.
    Have a good Saturday, everyone.
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday! It should be a warm, partly cloudy day. I need to take J's car out for a spin and may grab a grocery item or two while out.

• eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    Sigh of relief.
    Sunny with a high of 76 today, and expected nice through Tuesday, last gasp of summer.
    Want to finish my book (almost there) so I can return it to the library today. No special plans.
    Have a good day everyone.
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's marvelous Monday! It looks like it may be another warm, overcast day, with a slight chance of rain. I am pretty much ready for Thanksgiving here. I have too much food, but it will all eventually be eaten. Dinner last night was salad and a vegetable gratin and breakfast today was a meat lover's breakfast bowl from the freezer.

Not a lot of definite stuff on the agenda for today. I have already given Lilo her Monday morning subdermal fluid treatment. It went well. I wish, sometimes, that J was more comfortable with medical procedures involving needles, but fully understand why that's not the case. To be fair, the needles I use for her fluid treatments are the big, scary looking, about 3/4 inch long 18 gauge needles reminiscent of those used for donating blood.

I should probably at least check into whether I might need to start some laundry.

• eku0
    Options
    Hi all.
    Ed, I had to give my last cat intravenous treatments a few times. It felt strange. You're a good man for doing the needles.
    I went for a massage this morning. Scheduled another for early December...but I'll see how the pandemic goes. Numbers just going up a little here for now. (knock wood). I can always cancel if I don't feel safe. Even though we both wear masks, wash our hands, and she cleans everything between clients, it felt a little iffy this morning....maybe because there were more people at the center.
    The weather is beautiful here again today, so going to go outside to enjoy that.
    No special plans.
    Have a good day, everyone.