Downsizers - November 2020 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,655 Member
    Options
    No walk this morning ... I hit the alarm and went back to sleep ... I will be doing Broadway Blast for an hour ..then I need to go do labs this morning for my 3 month diabetic check...might do a walk later not sure yet ,,,have a great day everyone :)
  • 363days
    363days Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    Everyone is doing so great and I enjoy reading your posts. @lindamtuck2018 - it is so hard to lose a dog/friend/soulmate! I know you are still feeling the loss and I support you! This has been a hard year for our family pets, we've lost 5 among my household and my children's. It seems all of our dogs are around the same age! Dang!
    Goals
    stay under calories - under
    steps: 10,000 - 10162
    Exercise - 2x a week on top of dog walks - (got my 1 time in ), walked dogs
    Water - 64 oz yes
    planksgiving - whoops! I forgot

It has helped me already having this challenge. I made a different choice for my evening eating than I would have, otherwise. I was arguing with myself "But if you have the extra tortilla you will have to post over calories" The healthy me won!
  • rlaskey2
    rlaskey2 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Tracked Somewhat
    Under calories No
    Steps 12,101
    Exercise 39 min 10 rounds boxing workout

I tracked yesterday until dinner when the pot roast I cooked all day in the crock pot was not done properly. Had to be something with the seal in the instapot. Potatoes and carrots were still hard after 9 hours. I worked out and walked the dog around the block surprised I got as many steps as I did. Today will be a good step day since kids have no school for elections we are going with friends for a hike at a park we have never been to. It is still chilly here but will start to warm up again tomorrow thankfully.

• GottaDUMPmyRUMP
    GottaDUMPmyRUMP Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    CHECK IN: Monday, Nov. 2

πŸƒπŸ»β€β™€οΈ Exercise: YES
    πŸ’¦ Water: YES
    🍽 Calories: YES
    😴 Sleep: YES

STEPS
    MON. 11/2: 9,600 (spinning) + 2,804 = 12,404
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018 here is my update. Thank you for helping me switch days.

Username : azkunk
    Weigh In Day: Sunday
    PW: 185.9
    CW: 185.7
    LTD: 21.3
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Check-in for 11/2

Water (goal= 80oz):βœ…
    Carb goal= 145g:βœ…
    Fat goal= 40g:βœ…
    Protein= 105g:βœ…
    Fiber= 28g:βœ…
    Exercise:βœ…
    Steps (goal=8K): βœ… 8747 @Megan_smartiepants1970
  • Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Daily Post November 2
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 146oz
    Steps 9548
    Exercise 60min walk

The weather was beautiful yesterday and should be for the rest of the week. It felt good to go outside and walk instead of using the treadmill.
  • lelbarou
    lelbarou Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    PW - 348.4 (I have a feeling that I may have put 347.4 as my starting weight, and that's not right)
    CW - 344.6

-3.8lb for the week

LTD - 30.2lb

Ok so I am low-key disappointed with this. I really *really* need to stop checking my weight so often. Because a couple of days ago my scale said I was 342 or something. So it looks like I gained over the last couple of days.... which I know can be normal. It just sends me in a bit of a tailspin sometimes.

Anyway, I am going to put my *big girl* panties on and move on. a 3.8lb loss in a week is pretty marvelous! And even the NSV things are adding up!

I am off to drink some water and have a healthy breakfast. Might take a break from walking today- I have a rather big blister on the bottom of my foot from last week and i don't want it to get even more aggravated. But who knows, I might go anyway haha

Hi. I think 3.8 lb is a great loss for this week. I think it's really normal to have varying amounts each week that you lose. Probably that 2lb you saw earlier will come off next week. Just a suggestion. I don't have a scale. What I'm doing is dropping by my doctor's clinic once a week just to weigh myself. Now the clinic is only a 20 minute walk from me so this is really easy and convenient but it means I can't weight myself more than once a week, so whatever it is that day is all I know about. LOL
    Sorry to hear about your blister. I hope it heals quickly.
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    Steps 11/2: 15,201 βœ”οΈ

Weekend Challenge (or Weekday?) 11/2:
    1) Log everything βœ”οΈ
    2) Under Calories βœ”οΈ
    3) No takeout βœ”οΈ
    4) Exercise βœ”οΈ
    5) Hydrate βœ”οΈ

Happy Tuesday!
  • littleflutterby
    littleflutterby Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    lelbarou wrote: Β»
    PW - 348.4 (I have a feeling that I may have put 347.4 as my starting weight, and that's not right)
    CW - 344.6

-3.8lb for the week

LTD - 30.2lb

Ok so I am low-key disappointed with this. I really *really* need to stop checking my weight so often. Because a couple of days ago my scale said I was 342 or something. So it looks like I gained over the last couple of days.... which I know can be normal. It just sends me in a bit of a tailspin sometimes.

Anyway, I am going to put my *big girl* panties on and move on. a 3.8lb loss in a week is pretty marvelous! And even the NSV things are adding up!

I am off to drink some water and have a healthy breakfast. Might take a break from walking today- I have a rather big blister on the bottom of my foot from last week and i don't want it to get even more aggravated. But who knows, I might go anyway haha

Hi. I think 3.8 lb is a great loss for this week. I think it's really normal to have varying amounts each week that you lose. Probably that 2lb you saw earlier will come off next week. Just a suggestion. I don't have a scale. What I'm doing is dropping by my doctor's clinic once a week just to weigh myself. Now the clinic is only a 20 minute walk from me so this is really easy and convenient but it means I can't weight myself more than once a week, so whatever it is that day is all I know about. LOL
    Sorry to hear about your blister. I hope it heals quickly.

Ah yes thanks! Maybe I just weigh less on a Sunday haha. Honestly I'm down about 16lb since the 20th so I'm happy as anything! Usually I lose big in the first week and it slows down in week 2... and this was my second week. As long as it goes down I'll be happy!

About 18 months ago I got down to 322 but then went back to fast food and takeaways. And so much bloody bread!

I've cut down on bread (probably down to 2-3times a week) and eating more veggies and home cooked things. And making sure I have breakfast every day-even if it's just a protein shake!

And walking helps. 3 times last week- once already this week. My schedule changes week by week so it's not consistent but I'll take it!

Also I contacted fitbit and told them my Fitbit was "broken". That's not untrue. I got frustrated with it not charging well and stopped using it. But usually if it breaks outta warranty they offer like 25-50% off a new one or something so if I'm to buy a new one... its not as bad price wise

Tuesdays are busy for me with appointments and stuff... but I have to remember to move around more.

I love this group! It's so active! I was in a different challenge a couple of years ago and I tried joining it before I found you guys and its quiet in comparison. I'm grateful to have met you all ^_^
  • Case0099
    Case0099 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    11/2
    CW 219.6
    PW 219.6
    LTD 25.4

I'm also out of the step challenge this time, I'm terrible at remembering to post them!
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,908 Member
    Options
    Goals:

11/2:
    Steps: yes (reported yesterday.)
    Calories: yes
    Water: Yes
    Sleep: Yes
    Eating Time Goal: Y

My sleeping is based on my Fitbit. It reported my sleeping time, obviously for last night, today. I will be reporting my sleeping goal like that. I hope this makes sense, lol. I got my goal for sleep, but it is not quite enough!! Sleep is a big one for me, as I have always had bouts of insomnia.

I am really liking the habit tracker. I know it has only been a couple of days. Have a great rest of the day everyone.
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,571 Member
    Options
    No walk this morning ... I hit the alarm and went back to sleep ... I will be doing Broadway Blast for an hour ..then I need to go do labs this morning for my 3 month diabetic check...might do a walk later not sure yet ,,,have a great day everyone :)

Have a great day! Had my diabetic Che k this morning.

363days wrote: Β»
    Everyone is doing so great and I enjoy reading your posts. @lindamtuck2018 - it is so hard to lose a dog/friend/soulmate! I know you are still feeling the loss and I support you! This has been a hard year for our family pets, we've lost 5 among my household and my children's. It seems all of our dogs are around the same age! Dang!
    Goals
    stay under calories - under
    steps: 10,000 - 10162
    Exercise - 2x a week on top of dog walks - (got my 1 time in ), walked dogs
    Water - 64 oz yes
    planksgiving - whoops! I forgot

It has helped me already having this challenge. I made a different choice for my evening eating than I would have, otherwise. I was arguing with myself "But if you have the extra tortilla you will have to post over calories" The healthy me won!

That is sad losing so many! 😒 Awesome job meeting your goals! I am glad you are liking the challenge. I have you down as a Monday weigh in. I haven’t seen your updated weight yet. If Monday’s are correct can you let me know your weight. I apologize if you posted and I missed it.

rlaskey2 wrote: Β»
    Tracked Somewhat
    Under calories No
    Steps 12,101
    Exercise 39 min 10 rounds boxing workout

I tracked yesterday until dinner when the pot roast I cooked all day in the crock pot was not done properly. Had to be something with the seal in the instapot. Potatoes and carrots were still hard after 9 hours. I worked out and walked the dog around the block surprised I got as many steps as I did. Today will be a good step day since kids have no school for elections we are going with friends for a hike at a park we have never been to. It is still chilly here but will start to warm up again tomorrow thankfully.

Awesome stepping! Sorry about your instant pot not working.

CW - 344.6

-3.8lb for the week

LTD - 30.2lb

First of all, amazing loss! Remember a high sodium meal can cause your weight to spike and take a few days to settle. Look at your diary to see what you had the day before the gain. From your second post you are making good changes that will help with your weight loss. With the scale weighing in daily is great but if bothers you try weighing only a few times a week. I hope your blister heals soon.

CHECK IN: Monday, Nov. 2

πŸƒπŸ»β€β™€οΈ Exercise: YES
    πŸ’¦ Water: YES
    🍽 Calories: YES
    😴 Sleep: YES

STEPS
    MON. 11/2: 9,600 (spinning) + 2,804 = 12,404

Awesome check in!

azkunk wrote: Β»
    Check-in for 11/2

Water (goal= 80oz):βœ…
    Carb goal= 145g:βœ…
    Fat goal= 40g:βœ…
    Protein= 105g:βœ…
    Fiber= 28g:βœ…
    Exercise:βœ…
    Steps (goal=8K): βœ… 8747 @Megan_smartiepants1970
    azkunk wrote: Β»
    @lindamtuck2018 here is my update. Thank you for helping me switch days.

Username : azkunk
    Weigh In Day: Sunday
    PW: 185.9
    CW: 185.7
    LTD: 21.3

Nice loss! Well done, you hit all your goals today.

Daily Post November 2
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 146oz
    Steps 9548
    Exercise 60min walk

The weather was beautiful yesterday and should be for the rest of the week. It felt good to go outside and walk instead of using the treadmill.

I know I say this all the time but you so impress me with your consistency. You are an inspiration to everyone in the group.

Steps 11/2: 15,201 βœ”οΈ

Weekend Challenge (or Weekday?) 11/2:
    1) Log everything βœ”οΈ
    2) Under Calories βœ”οΈ
    3) No takeout βœ”οΈ
    4) Exercise βœ”οΈ
    5) Hydrate βœ”οΈ

Happy Tuesday!

I love that you are still following the challenge. You rock!

Goals:

11/2:
    Steps: yes (reported yesterday.)
    Calories: yes
    Water: Yes
    Sleep: Yes
    Eating Time Goal: Y

My sleeping is based on my Fitbit. It reported my sleeping time, obviously for last night, today. I will be reporting my sleeping goal like that. I hope this makes sense, lol. I got my goal for sleep, but it is not quite enough!! Sleep is a big one for me, as I have always had bouts of insomnia.

I am really liking the habit tracker. I know it has only been a couple of days. Have a great rest of the day everyone.

I always base my sleep goal on my Fitbit. Sleep is a struggle for me too. I am working hard to implement different strategies that my doctor has passed on.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,655 Member
    Options
    I came back from labs this morning and walked with Aspen my husky we did 7 miles :)
  • littleflutterby
    Options
    First of all, amazing loss! Remember a high sodium meal can cause your weight to spike and take a few days to settle. Look at your diary to see what you had the day before the gain. From your second post you are making good changes that will help with your weight loss. With the scale weighing in daily is great but if bothers you try weighing only a few times a week. I hope your blister heals soon.

So many yesses there. I will take a gander at my food.

The weighing thing- for sure. I am in a recovery program for food, and my sponsor suggests I weigh myself once a MONTH. I said that i would settle for once a week for now haha.

I am upping my water intake, eating more fresh stuff, etc. And once I have finished faffing on here, I am going to go for my 2nd walk in 2 days!

• littleflutterby
    Options
    Nov 3rd Check in

* Track food βœ…
    * Stay under calorie goal βœ…
    * Not restrict βœ…
    * Drink 2L water minimum βœ…

Walks this week: 1 (But soon to be 2, I'm going, I swear!!)

Today I feel like I didn't eat much but I had 2 large meals and a shake. and munched on some carrots while I was watching the football (soccer) and prepping for my supper lol.

Today is the start of a new week! I was chatting with my wife about takeout/takeaways and we have decided to treat ourselves every other Tuesday. Probably a curry or something- because I can make that stretch for 2 meals at least :)

I am still avoiding fast food places (unless it's for a coffee) and eating only stuff I have cooked.
  • eaturpasta
    eaturpasta Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    just got back from vacation, I will update in the morning. I hope all of you have been well this week.
  • 363days
    363days Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018 pw 171.8 current weight 172.8
    +1 Not great for my first week Yes, Linda, Monday is my weight in - thanks.
  • lcfa5317
    lcfa5317 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    11/03 = 5,004 steps
    But - I went for a long bike ride because the weather was great.
This discussion has been closed.