Share Your Day

Options

Replies

• lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,634 Member
    Options
    Today I’m going to be ok with how I look.
    You look beautiful - and that dress is so flattering! You deserve to be feeling more than "ok" with how you look.

• _inHisGrace
    _inHisGrace Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Aw thanks y’all! Along with losing weight I’m trying to tackle my emotional bs so that weight loss isn’t something done by just CICO but also by me learning how to value my life and health.

I’ve had a lifetime of apathy and denial and self loathing. Food has been my drug and now I am in recovery. Food has to be my fuel not my crutch.

If I don’t deal with my emotional bs I’ll be yo-yo-ing forever.

• AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    Options
    I have a quiet day planned of taking down the autumn decorations and putting up the winter ones. I will probably try to unearth the Christmas tree and ornaments, but I won't get them up today. Putting it up is a day in itself what with making it cat-safe. Especially considering that we are slated to get a kitten 12/5.
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    Aw thanks y’all! Along with losing weight I’m trying to tackle my emotional bs so that weight loss isn’t something done by just CICO but also by me learning how to value my life and health.

I’ve had a lifetime of apathy and denial and self loathing. Food has been my drug and now I am in recovery. Food has to be my fuel not my crutch.

If I don’t deal with my emotional bs I’ll be yo-yo-ing forever.

Food is my fuel, not my crutch!....LOVE it...my new mantra....
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    I am completely exhausted tonight....how did I ever work 40+ hours a week,keep house,cook meals and taxi kids all over the place?....I got up early and went to Walmart, stopped at Dominoes and got the grands pizza,came home and fixed my lunch and then went to Publix...I am trying to get ahead so I do not have to fight the holiday crowds pretty soon shopping for gifts...I feel like I walked a hundred miles!....

When I get over tired I get lazy cooking and grab whatever is in reach...today I didn’t do that!...I had my usual roast beef on flatbread for lunch and had beef and broccoli from Panda Express for dinner...

I have to do about three more days of shopping and I am done!...each grand with me to the mall and I need to go back to Walmart...maybe I will relax then and enjoy the season!....right now I am going to bed!
  • Ccricfo
    Ccricfo Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Connie:

I totally understand what you're saying about the limitations of getting older. My wife and I are getting our house ready to be listed next week and the physical challenges are difficult to overcome. I've sold and bought hones twice in my younger years and I don't remember it ever being difficult....Anyway, we're done with the hard stuff (bathroom remodel) and are meeting with the realtor this afternoon...
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    Ccricfo wrote: »
    Connie:

I totally understand what you're saying about the limitations of getting older. My wife and I are getting our house ready to be listed next week and the physical challenges are difficult to overcome. I've sold and bought hones twice in my younger years and I don't remember it ever being difficult....Anyway, we're done with the hard stuff (bathroom remodel) and are meeting with the realtor this afternoon...

John and I have been married 45 years and moved 15 or 20 times....the last move 3 years ago to downsize about did us in....our garage is still full of things that will not fit in the house....twice we bought houses online across country....

I do not envy you!
  • _inHisGrace
    Options
    Today I have an appointment to get my iPhone battery serviced. It’s draining to fast and it’s quite annoying lol

I’ve decided to stay off of the scale for this week. I’m becoming obsessive with it.

I am going to try and learn to trust the process.

I’m planning to make cookies to mail to my father in law for Christmas. It will be a good day if I don’t sample the batter or taste a cookie. I can’t have a little. I’ll end up eating all of it.

Best to make it and pack it in a mailer and then take it straight to the post office tomorrow.

I got my new planner for next year yesterday and I’m excited to start using it.

I get one every year but give up in like March. My goal this year is to stick to it.

I’m looking into some underwater headphones so I can listen to my audiobooks when I do laps. I’m looking for one that can sync to kindle if anyone has recommendations.

I’m definitely planning to join a gym in January.
  • _inHisGrace
    Options
    Well I went to Wendy’s for dinner. I stayed within my calorie goal but it feels bad. My leg hurt and I just didn’t feel like making dinner. I know the scale will show the sodium.

UGh
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Today I have an appointment to get my iPhone battery serviced. It’s draining to fast and it’s quite annoying lol

I’m planning to make cookies to mail to my father in law for Christmas. It will be a good day if I don’t sample the batter or taste a cookie. I can’t have a little. I’ll end up eating all of it.

Hope you were successful on the cookie front. I keep thinking I'm a bit better on that front - and sometimes I am - but wow - it is such a battle.

Curious about your iphone battery visit. I lost my phone last week - was phone free for a few days and finally bought a used iphone 8. They reset the phone and updated the IOS. My first day using it I had to charge it twice - and that was for a couple of phone calls and texts only.

I really don't want to go out into the world of retail - but alas it seems like I might have to.

Did they help??????
  • _inHisGrace
    Options
    @lauriekallis when you go to the battery part in settings it will tell you the capacity and if it needs service. Mine needed to be replaced and it was $50 including tax.

It was required to have a reservation and it took me 3 weeks to get the appointment. But so glad I did. It’s working like a charm now.

I made it through the cookies without eating them. Now that is a huge victory for me! Look at me grow lol
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    @lauriekallis when you go to the battery part in settings it will tell you the capacity and if it needs service. Mine needed to be replaced and it was $50 including tax.

It was required to have a reservation and it took me 3 weeks to get the appointment. But so glad I did. It’s working like a charm now.

I made it through the cookies without eating them. Now that is a huge victory for me! Look at me grow lol

Major accomplishment on the cookie front! Good for you. It must have felt/feel so good.

The battery in this phone is at 86% - I don't think that is low enough to warrant a replacement? Maybe I'll book an appointment and see what they say. Thank you!
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    Well I went to Wendy’s for dinner. I stayed within my calorie goal but it feels bad. My leg hurt and I just didn’t feel like making dinner. I know the scale will show the sodium.

UGh

I was loving Wendy’s chili until I read an article that they use leftover cooked beef patties in it!...thinking about that has cured me from wanting chili from Wendy’s!....we hardly ever eat fast food because my husband just doesn’t like it...I use to hit the drive thrus pretty regularly for myself....I loved eating that crap in the car alone!...the last meal we had from a take out was Panda Express....my husband swears they put crack in the orange chicken lol....I had a double order of the mixed veggies and I did not feel very good after I ate that ton of broccoli and book choy!
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options

UGh

I was loving Wendy’s chili until I read an article that they use leftover cooked beef patties in it!...thinking about that has cured me from wanting chili from Wendy’s!....we hardly ever eat fast food because my husband just doesn’t like it...I use to hit the drive thrus pretty regularly for myself....I loved eating that crap in the car alone!...the last meal we had from a take out was Panda Express....my husband swears they put crack in the orange chicken lol....I had a double order of the mixed veggies and I did not feel very good after I ate that ton of broccoli and book choy!

I always knew they used the leftover hamburger in it. I worked a fast food job when I was a teen and the amount of waste is ridiculous so I appreciate repurposing.
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    I appreciate repurposing but how long was that old cooked meat patty laying around?....I worked in grocery and catering for over 40 years owning convenient stores when they were still “ Mom and Pop” stores...waste was one of the biggest problems we had on a daily basis....the difference was I knew where the excess food came from and how old it was!...

I was even a car hop in high school but I didn’t have roller skates!
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    I appreciate repurposing but how long was that old cooked meat patty laying around?....I worked in grocery and catering for over 40 years owning convenient stores when they were still “ Mom and Pop” stores...waste was one of the biggest problems we had on a daily basis....the difference was I knew where the excess food came from and how old it was!...

I was even a car hop in high school but I didn’t have roller skates!

If I recall correctly a prepared hamburger can be kept in a warmer for 15ish minutes. A cooked patty can be kept in a warmer for about 3 hours. After that it is probably put in a cooler and used the next morning for that day's batch of chili. That is not to say that it is always handled 100 percent right but that is probably close to standard operating policy considering that the company is scared of people getting sick. That gets you sued and can force the location to close down.
    Options
    We are getting used to a new schedule with Boyfriend's new job. He is teaching a class in the evenings, and that's something where I need to work out with myself what I'm doing in the evenings. Sitting around reading books and stuffing my face isn't an option. On the other hand, by the time he goes up to start class, I'm often pretty low on energy, so "It's a great time to work out!" or "It's a great time to get stuff done" isn't exactly an option either. I want to be awake when he gets done so I can hear how it went and such before we go to bed. So I'm thinking about things a lot. I think once we get the rhythm of the job it will be easier.
    Options
    So, Monday.
    I do need to make the stuffing muffins since I got the cornbread made last night. That requires getting the muffin pan washed up from making the cornbread. (sigh)

In other areas, Mondays I usually do the downstairs of the house. So I'll work on that today. I'm also planning a nap so I can stay up later and do some of the work tonight after dinner while he's teaching. And there's a couple of presents to finish wrapping, and then that will be done.

He's having a hard time today psychologically, but I think he'll be able to get through it okay.

• conniewilkins56
    Options
    This morning I got on my scales and the batteries were dead....I went to the store and got new batteries, Diet Pepsi on sale, bottled water and some mustard....came home to fix my roast beef roll up on flatbread and the bread was gone....thinking it might have slipped behind the table I moved the table and knocked bottled water off and the bottles rolled under the table....moved the table, got the water but no flat bread....grands must have used it for something....made a sandwich on bread and thought about making some banana bread....granddaughter came in the kitchen and wanted to fry cheese sticks....I told her to let me know when she was finished and left the kitchen to eat my lunch....one hour later I returned to the kitchen and immediately felt my blood boiling and my blood pressure raising...honest to God it was a nightmare...she made 8 cheese sticks and had the entire sink full of dirty dishes, bowls, pans, etc....the garbage can was covered in flour,egg shells everywhere....I was livid....I went to her room and told her she had a mess to clean up in the kitchen.....she said she would clean it up but it was like that when she went in there!....OMG.....two hours later, I am now making banana bread in a CLEAN kitchen....and I am still mad!