TEAM: The Big Butt Theory (December)

Options
AB0215
AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
Welcome to the Challenge new and returning teammates!! This is the conversation/weigh in thread for your Team :) Keep on losing because our first weigh ins begin THIS Sunday! I am here for you should you need anything - simply message me or tag me by putting an '@' just before my username (NO SPACES) and I will get to you asap! ~ Ashley @AB0215. or @Krysless2.

Replies

• Krysless2
    Krysless2 Posts: 1,934 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Hi Team, my name's Krystal
    wife and mother to a 15-year old daughter. Florida native. I started my WL journey in April of 2016. Over the following 3 years I took my time to research and familiarize myself with the keto diet. I got into the pattern of being on the diet, then getting off, watch the scale creep up then get back on it(I did this in conjunction with a whole-lotta keto YouTube/ Pinterest/ social media *following* of all types). By the end of 2018 I was down to 189lbs when I turned to this group I accelerated my weight loss and have had much success with the accountability here

My weight loss journey stats(reminder to myself that I need to stay in this challenge to reach my goal weight of 130lbs):

May 2016 Journey SW: 213
    July 2017: 200
    Nov 2018: 189
    2019(Note: When I started food logging and The Biggest Loser Challenge)
    January 2019 SW: 185
    February SW: 175
    March SW: 168
    April SW: 162.6
    May SW: 161.8
    June SW: 159.7
    July2019 SW: 155.6
    **Left the TBL Challenge😥**
    Rejoined the challenge:
    Feb2020 SW: 164.8
    March2020 SW: 165
    April2020 SW: 161.4
    May2020 SW: 156
    June2020 SW: 150.2
    **Left the TBL Challenge😥**hmmm starting to notice a trend here
    Nov2020 SW: 158
    Dec2020 Sw: 156.3
    Jan2021 Sw: 160
  • Krysless2
    edited November 2020
    Options
    I’ll be lucky if I can do 20-squats a day but it’s for a good cause!rb5deultixz3.jpeg

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2218100608322396/?ref=share
  • brandi_84
    brandi_84 Posts: 1,963 Member
    Options
    Hello team TBBT.
    Within the main weight loss challenge we have another optional, but highly recommended, challenge. It is called the Mini Ultimate Accountability Challenge, or the Mini Challenge. It is based on another MFP challenge group by the same name, or UAC.

The way it works is simple:

1. Log everything you eat that has calories in MFP.
    2. Stay inside your allotted daily calorie budget.
    3. Do at least 20 minutes of activity daily. This could be anything that gets you off the couch and being active: run, walk, cycle, swim, gardening, housework, yoga, gym, etc.
    4. Report each day on this thread (something to the effect of logged food: yes, under calories: yes, exercise: yes, and a brief description is nice)

****When you post your accountability, please put the date, or the day of the week to which you are referring. We are all in different time zones, and some people post in the evening for that day, and others post the next morning, so it gets confusing trying to decipher without a day or date. Thanks!!!*****

You get one free pass day a week (went over calories, could not log food, rest day, etc.) At the end of the week, if you have managed to be "accountable" (three yes's) for at least 6 of 7 days, you will be recognized on this thread as being in the Winner's Circle!

This strategy works for weight loss because it is based on CI<CO. When calories in are less than calories out, you stay inside your allotted daily calorie budget, and you will lose weight! And exercise is just good for you, plus it will burn calories and help with the calories out portion of the equation!

What's great about this challenge is that it works for everyone, as long as you are honest with yourself. There are no dietary restrictions, so you can eat whatever you like, and follow whatever plan you like. Your own daily calorie budget is set by you and MFP and you choose your own exercise and intensity of exercise! Plus it is a practice that can be carried beyond weight loss into maintenance! If you are having a bad week, a new week and a fresh start is just around the corner!

Consistency and new habits have been shown to be the keys to long term successful weight loss. Why not make the Mini Ultimate Accountability Challenge your new habit, that you do consistently!!

Week #1 for the Mini Challenge starts Sunday, November 29!

• cmhubbard92
    cmhubbard92 Posts: 5,018 Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Good morning new and old members of our team, The Big Butt Theory! Welcome to the December challenge, starting today, November 29th!

My name is Christine, and I am your captain for TBBT! I have been with our team since February of 2019, and have given a lot of credit to this group for motivating me along my weight loss journey! My co-captain is @brandi_84. Please, feel free to reach out to either of us if you need to!

If you have a fitbit, and are interested in some fitbit challenges feel free to add me, here is the link to my profile: https://www.fitbit.com/user/5P8W7K :)

I am 28 years old and live in Connecticut, USA. I am a fur mom to a one year old named Dillon, a 10 year old named Roy(Corduroy) and a kitten named Arry. One of my favorite things to do is walk with my boyfriend and the dogs. I enjoy hiking, exploring new places, and spending time with friends and family. For the most part, anything that gets me outside is something I enjoy!

I also participate in the Game of Thrones Challenge, as well as the Hogwarts Weight Loss challenge. These groups offer extra challenges focused on weight loss, exercise, healthy eating, etc. and I find that the two groups, along with TBBT give me multiple areas to focus on for my success!

I began my weight loss journey in November of 2018. Below is my monthly weigh ins and my progress since beginning my weight loss, along with my monthly progress with the team.
    Starting Weight(11/26/2018): 246.0lb
    2019 (TBBT Progress)
    February SW: 235.5
    March SW: 224.2
    April SW: 221.2
    May SW: 219.1
    June SW: 216.2
    July SW: 211.8
    August SW: 206.4
    September SW: 204.5
    October SW: 201.9
    November SW: 200.0
    December SW: 197.3

2020 (TBBT Progress)
    January SW: 194.6
    February SW: 192.1
    March SW: 186.6
    April SW: 186.0
    May SW: 186.6
    June SW: 181.2
    July SW: 179.6
    August SW: 169.3
    September SW: 165.0
    October SW: 166.9
    November SW: 168.1
    December SW: 172.9

I am very excited to start another month with many familiar members, but am also excited to get to know some of our new members! Please share your name and a short introduction if you can! TBBT is one of the most supportive teams I have ever been a part of! :) Best of luck in December, team!!!
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options

Date: 11/29
    Username: Murdog3t
    logged food: yes
    under calories: yes
    exercise: yes
    Steps : 4210
    Water: 88

Just for today: KD 59, 4200 steps 🚶‍♀️, 36 hr IF , read bible plan , read chapters 📚, daily calm, PT exercise, YWA D29, mutu W5D1, walk 20min, 8 min stationary 🚲, church ⛪️ online

Yesterday : KD 58 ✅4100 steps 🚶‍♀️✅, 18hr IF ✅, read bible plan ✅, read chapters 📚👎🏻, daily calm✅PT exercise✅ YWA D28✅, mutu W4 D7✅, walk 15min👎🏻, 5 min stationary 🚲 ✅

Happy Sunday
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Krysless2 wrote: »
    I’ll be lucky if I can do 20-squats a day but it’s for a good cause!rb5deultixz3.jpeg

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2218100608322396/?ref=share

I am doing this also gonna try 50 a day but will do as many as I can
  • brandi_84
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Hi TBBT!
    I'm Brandi - Your Co-Captain! I'm a 35 y/o stay at home/homeschool mom to a teen. I have an obsession with cookbooks. I love spending time with my family and watching movies.

I'm excited to get to know new team members as well as continue this challenge with old members.

My goals for this month:
    -Stay under calorie budget 5 days a week.
    Think of my calorie budget as I would my spending budget.

-Plan meals 5 days a week under calorie goal.
    Every Sunday plan each meal and leave a little extra wiggle room for unexpected and a little chocolate.

- Lead by example.
    I am the primary cook in my household. If I cook healthy, balanced meals of correct portion sizes that benefits everyone in the family. That keeps me from nagging everyone else to be healthy when I have clearly have not been holding myself accountable.

-Learn to get better control of meals on the weekends.
    Try to plan for the weekends. Stop seeing the weekends as a free for all cheat days.

• brandi_84
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    Well, it's still November, but it is the first day of the December Challenge!! Are you ready??!! I am excited for this new month as last month wasn't a good month for me, physically. I need to stay positive, or else the mental state will deteriorate if I focus on what I can't do, instead of what I can do! And what I can do, is log my food and stay in a deficit and continue to lose weight. And weighing less can only help, not hurt, the physical side as well!!

Here's to a great December, for all of us!!!

@HASWLRS
    Love this post, Lisa! You are absolutely right!
    I am ready!

• brandi_84
    edited November 2020
    Options
    I was at 181 the day that quarantine mode started. I worked really hard to get there. Since that day my weight has increased. I have been able to keep it lower than 190 but I keep gaining back the same pounds I'm losing.
    I'm trying to figure out why this has been so difficult. I'm a stay at home mom. Being at home is what I'm used to. We have cut down on eating at restaurants and fast food.
    Just a vent!
  • DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Well, it's still November, but it is the first day of the December Challenge!! Are you ready??!! I am excited for this new month as last month wasn't a good month for me, physically. I need to stay positive, or else the mental state will deteriorate if I focus on what I can't do, instead of what I can do! And what I can do, is log my food and stay in a deficit and continue to lose weight. And weighing less can only help, not hurt, the physical side as well!!

Here's to a great December, for all of us!!!

@HASWLRS Hear, hear!! :)
  • cmhubbard92
    cmhubbard92 Posts: 5,018 Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    brandi_84 wrote: »
    I was at 181 the day that quarantine mode started. I worked really hard to get there. Since that day my weight has increased. I have been able to keep it lower than 190 but I keep gaining back the same pounds I'm losing.
    I'm trying to figure out why this has been so difficult. I'm a stay at home mom. Being at home is what I'm used to. We have cut down on eating at restaurants and fast food.
    Just a vent!

@brandi_84 I totally get where you're coming from. My weight has been creeping up the last few months, and while it's only ~8 pounds, I really need to get things under control! I know planning in advance really helps me, so I'm going to try that this week. I know you can figure it out! :)
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    Just a vent!

@brandi_84, is there any way to go back and look at your mfp food diaries from the time when you were successfully losing weight and see exactly what you were eating and compare it to now? Just a thought.
  • DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Just a vent!

@brandi_84, is there any way to go back and look at your mfp food diaries from the time when you were successfully losing weight and see exactly what you were eating and compare it to now? Just a thought.

@HASWLRS there sure is, you can even run reports. I periodically run a report that spans a week or two and look at trends for the macros and micros that I track. If I see a big spike in something like sodium or carbs I can look at what I ate that day to see what the culprit was. Depending on what it was I may avoid it in the future, make adjustments in other areas to compensate, or just say the hell with it and eat it anyway. It's all part of the learning process. PM me if you want instructions on how to do that . 😊
  • brandi_84
    Options
    knlizght wrote: »
    Hey Everyone! Kicking off a new month with a weigh in!
    Week 1
    Last week 347lbs
    This week 344lbs
    Knlizght

@knlizght
    An excellent weigh in to kick off a new month!
    Great job!
  • brandi_84
    Options
    Just a vent!

@HASWLRS
    Thank you for bringing that up. That is exactly what I need to do.
  • brandi_84
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Just a vent!

@HASWLRS there sure is, you can even run reports. I periodically run a report that spans a week or two and look at trends for the macros and micros that I track. If I see a big spike in something like sodium or carbs I can look at what I ate that day to see what the culprit was. Depending on what it was I may avoid it in the future, make adjustments in other areas to compensate, or just say the hell with it and eat it anyway. It's all part of the learning process. PM me if you want instructions on how to do that . 😊

@DaffyGirl88 Thank you for letting us know about this. We should all be doing this from time to time. Being able to see the data and compare is a great way to learn what works for each of us.
    I have started logging in a different app so I can't run the report. But I am going to see if it has a similiar feature for future reference. I will be going back to check the foods I was eating when I was most successful at losing.
  • Krysless2
    Options
    Just a vent!

@DaffyGirl88 Thank you for letting us know about this. We should all be doing this from time to time. Being able to see the data and compare is a great way to learn what works for each of us.
    I have started logging in a different app so I can't run the report. But I am going to see if it has a similiar feature for future reference. I will be going back to check the foods I was eating when I was most successful at losing.

What app are you logging with? I’ve tried LoseIt before and one other I can’t remember the name of
  • Krysless2
    Options
    Welcome @cozydonuts
    @ajaia2001 to Team The Big Butt Theory!
This discussion has been closed.