Slower Weight loss at 50?

Options

Replies

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 20,483 Member
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday! It's 53 degrees out there, and foggy, with overcast skies. It should be a very pleasant, sunny, warm afternoon, then rain this evening and overnight. I may get J's car out for a run today. We'll see how late the fog lingers.

Day 13 in the Advent calendars presents White Zinfandel, which I have never really understood, as it's NOT white, and the cheese pairing is Cheddar with chives and onion.

wrar22bhnj7l.png

β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,100 Member
    Options
    Good morning.
    Glad you found your rug, Jo. Yay! Enjoy your walk.
    Ed, I like white zinfandel, even though it's really blush. ;)
    We have a partly cloudy day with a high of 57 expected, but cooling down in the afternoon to evening....then it's going to get cold. Expecting a snow storm on Wednesday. 😲
    Our family gathering outdoors yesterday was great....the weather was 60ish and sunny, and it was so much fun with everyone enjoying our grandson and each other. My son made a picture frame for me with a wedding picture. It's amazing, so perfect. They never did get their wedding pictures from the photographer, but they also had a videographer and were able to pull some photos out of there. So over a year later I have a beautiful hand made frame with their wedding picture. Yay!
    I need to take my car for a ride today, and will see what else the day brings.
    Have a good Sunday, everyone.
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's marvelous Monday! It's a little bit cooler today, with sunny skies expected for the bulk of the day.

I my get out to buy a few grocery items, or may just cobble together a delivery order.

Day 14 in the wine calendar is white Moscato, which should be fruity and refreshing, to cool down the effects of the day 14 cheese calendar's Fiery Hot Gouda!

00jv8gjac1ek.png

β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    Your wine/cheese combo today sounds really good, Ed.
    It's raining, it's pouring here this a.m. 37 degrees with a high of 40 expected today, may be a bit of snow thrown in, to keep us on our toes.
    I may go to the PO later to drop off some letters. Have lots to do around the house.
    Have a good day, everyone.
    Stay healthy.
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,112 Member
    Options
    good morning, hope everyone is doing good we are suppose to get snow this week looking forward to it we didn't get any last year take care everyone
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Hello!

Well, it is crazy windy here and cold and damp. The front moved thru last nite with a midnight temperature of 63 degrees, and the morning low of 35. Freeze perhaps tonite and an EF-0 tornado south of Birmingham during storms last nite. My aerobic exercise consists of covering plants and uncovering plants. And letting the dog in, and out, and in...you get the idea!! Miracle today. I went and had some blood drawn, and I know the numbers will be terrible. Oh well!! A trip to the post office and home before 10 am. Yes, it was a miracle!

Another appt. on Weds with the doc, and I will be done for a while, I hope. Preparing for the I have lost nothing for my weight, and my cholesterol may be catastrophic. Hopefully my A1c is close to the same.

Ed, your wine and cheese sounds fantastic!! I will have to look around to see if I can find a cheese with the sage in it. It really sounds delicious!! Your chicken and noodles were also wonderful ! Luckily I had steak the other day, but I must admit to wanting some lunch, after seeing your pictures! Cats are SO helpful. I got a good chuckle out of your cat's behavior! Jo, glad your surgery went well, and better than last time!! Your walks sound wonderful!! Vix, your dinner was shear perfection!! And having your family over also was just so wonderful sounding. You have a very thoughtful family..

I hope everyone continues to stay safe. We are starting to hear of more friends having covid now, or their acquaintances, though the main bunch I hang with, continue to do well so far. We all do not go out much. That helps. Hope your days are peaceful ones!! <3
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday! It's cold out there and will remain cool today, clear in the morning and afternoon, and cloudy with increasing rain chance for the evening and overnight.

I have to take Lilo for her annual, and follow up on her senior blood work to check on her kidney function. I'll be in the car while they have her in for everything.

Day 15 in the Advent calendars presents a dark red wine blend, with mild cheddar cheese.

6368pae27brm.png

• eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    Ed, good luck with Lilo's vet visit today. Hope she's doing well.
    Jan, so good to hear from you. Sounds like you've been keeping busy with your garden. I hope your blood test results are good.
    Irene, how's Sammie doing? I'm not looking forward to the snow...we're supposed to get a lot.
    Jo, I hope all is well...any special plans for the holiday?
    It's cold here. 29 with an expected high of 41 and sunny. A big snow storm warning for tomorrow starting 7a.m. through 4a.m. Thursday, 12-18 inches. I hope that's wrong! I'd be happier with 5 or 6 inches! Haha, putting in my request. :smirk:
    I have some cleaning to do today, and will take a book back to the library later.
    Have a good Tuesday, everyone.
  • parityanimal
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful wet Wednesday! A line of storms is coming through, so we have a very good chance of rain this morning, but it should decrease in the evening, remaining overcast.

Lilo's bloodwork looked great, but she had a UTI again. She got a shot and is taking some pills. The last week or so, her appetite has been great. Maybe colder weather agrees with her!

I hear the microwave, so my meatloaf breakfast is ready. I had to stifle Edweirdo...er, I mean Eduardo last night to keep my meatloaf "normal" but I wanted Mom's version, not some exotic type. LOL. Curiously, Mom actually made meatloaf in Paducah last night too, as did one sister-in-law in Kansas City. A couple of siblings complained that they didn't "get the memo" that it was meatloaf night. We discussed all this on our group chat, where most of us pop in and out all day.

Day 16 in the Advent calendars:

enqnc101qn1m.png

• IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,112 Member
    Options
    good morning, well our weather people can't tell if we are going to get rain or snow!
    ~
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    The snow has started here. SNOW. 28 degrees. Hubby got the snowblower out for later.(It's usually tucked in the garage with my car in the way.) I don't know...may turn into sleet later, which definitely makes it worse....they are now saying 6-12 inches, until 4 a.m. tomorrow.
    Ed, glad Lilo's blood work is ok, and that you have meds for the UTI. Nice that you keep in touch with your family every day. :)
    Irene, for your sake, I hope it's not sleet!
    Things to do inside today.
    Have a good one, everyone...stay warm and safe.
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday! It's chilly out there this morning. The cats (well, cat...it was Orion) decided 5:00 was time to get up, so that was that! It should be partly cloudy this morning and afternoon, and not warming up much for the afternoon. Evening and overnight should be clear and cold, as we drop back down to winter temperatures.

I need to do some house cleaning.

Day 17 in the Advent calendars brings Merlot with Mustard Gouda.

0g6efv7h83bw.png
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    Your wine and cheese sounds yummy as usual, Ed. I finished off the Malbec last night (that was left from our anniversary dinner.)
    There was some sleet mixed in with the snow, so the trees are covered with ice, which is beautiful and shimmery. Luckily it was not too deep, though there is a layer of ice in there. Hubs is out with the snow blower right now. Snow ploughs came by, but it still looks icy out there. Good day to stay home. The sun's out, so good chance what's left from the snow blower will melt off, even though the expected high for today is only 36.
    Have a good day, everyone....stay safe and warm.
  • eku0
    Options
    I've just finished reading Fredrik Backman's "Anxious People". It was different, and I liked it, especially the last tiny chapter. So I'll share it:
    "CHAPTER 74
    The truth? The truth about all this? The truth is that this was a story about many different things, but most of all about idiots. Because we’re doing the best we can, we really are. We’re trying to be grown-up and love each other and understand how the hell you’re supposed to insert USB leads. We’re looking for something to cling on to, something to fight for, something to look forward to. We’re doing all we can to teach our children how to swim. We have all of this in common, yet most of us remain strangers, we never know what we do to each other, how your life is affected by mine.
    Perhaps we hurried past each other in a crowd today, and neither of us noticed, and the fibers of your coat brushed against mine for a single moment and then we were gone. I don’t know who you are.
    But when you get home this evening, when this day is over and the night takes us, allow yourself a deep breath. Because we made it through this day as well.
    There’ll be another one along tomorrow."
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's fabulous frigid Friday! Well, it's frigid right now anyway. It will remain cool throughout the day, and sink back to frozen during the night.

I may do same laundry today.

Day 18 in the Advent calendars presents Chardonnay and Mediterranean Gouda.

epj5noqd934q.png
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    27 here and cloudy...high of 36 expected today, and going down to 16 overnight. brrrrrrr.
    Hubs went out in the cold for a massage...the roads look ok. Still a bit of snow in the road in our development, but people are driving out and the garbage truck came by, so I guess all is well.
    Son-in-law and grandson stopped by yesterday morning....it was so cute. He was out shoveling his driveway, and the little one has a little snow shovel, and he told his Dad.."grandpa, grandma, shoveling" and started walking to our house. My wonderful son-in-law walked along with him and let us know when they got here. Great surprise visit. :smiley:
    I will exercise, do some cleaning, maybe work on a project or get another jigsaw puzzle out to work on. I have been enjoying our gas fireplace, no logs to carry!
    Have a good Friday, everyone.
  • eku0
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Hey all...I don't know if you noticed, but they asked if we want to have a new group leader. It's mostly to add announcements or delete things we don't use anymore. I wrote to Alex and said I thought we were fine without a leader, but if you all want, I can do it. I'm not expecting to change anything.
    Or, Ed, if you or someone else want to do it.
    It looks like this, early risers, and humorous pictures are the only threads still being used.
    Let me know, and I'll write him back.
  • parityanimal
    Options
    eku0 wrote: Β»
    Hey all...I don't know if you noticed, but they asked if we want to have a new group leader. It's mostly to add announcements or delete things we don't use anymore. I wrote to Alex and said I thought we were fine without a leader, but if you all want, I can do it. I'm not expecting to change anything.
    Or, Ed, if you or someone else want to do it.
    It looks like this, early risers, and humorous pictures are the only threads still being used.
    Let me know, and I'll write him back.

I suppose someone should do it. Maybe two someones if that's possible, to allow for continuity. I could do it, but admit I would be a bit hesitant about deleting history...maybe if they haven't been touched in literally years.
  • eku0
    Options
    Ed, I agree about not deleting things...I'll ask if we can both do it.
  • parityanimal
    Options
    eku0 wrote: Β»
    Ed, I agree about not deleting things...I'll ask if we can both do it.

Well, there are a few threads on here that really don't have much of ANYTHING in them, so I would not have any issue with deleting some of that.

I am the last one who was using the Early Risers thread as it was down to me and GardenKat after Roger died. She and I used to meet for coffee, here in the Atlanta burbs, and sometimes had lunch dates here, and talked online just about daily. Of course we had not seen each other most of this year, and, tragically, she died in an automobile accident November 13.

Part of me wants to purge that thread as it just reminds me of her recent death, and it hurts, and part of me wants to keep it forever as something of a memorial to both Roger and GardenKat. Clearly it is too soon for me to think that one out totally rationally.

Well, I think since I am not getting my nap today, I will go and finish another smarmy old holiday movie. At least J and I walked today, a bit over a mile.