WaistAways - December 2020 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,043 Member
    Options
    Welcome to our first incoming new member for January!

@tschwery - we are looking forward to having you with us. It might feel a bit overwhelming at first - so don't try to catch up on our whole December craziness. Tell us a bit about yourself, and gradually you'll get to know everyone. We will switch into the January chat thread next Sunday and by then you'll be up and running. Post often! This week we are all revising or making our plans for January, so you are arriving at a good moment. good luck!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,081 Member
    Options
    Another newcomer heading your way ....Please welcome @sodonovan74 :)
  • lovethyneighbor
    lovethyneighbor Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Will we be rolled over to January 2021?
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    Don't forget to get your steps in this week. If you are taking a break and you usually give me your steps, please let me know. No worries. I plan to do the step report tomorrow, since so many are missing.

It's been a lazy day here. Not much exercise or steps. Food has been ok, but I need to get back to logging. That's one of my goals for the next three months. I need to start losing again. Held my ground for all of 2020, which isn't awful for a year with such craziness and a pandemic. But, I KNOW I can do better and need to.

Even though I have lost weight over the last 2 years and my body is definitely smaller, I had one of those "oh my goodness is that what I look like?" moments again. I was in a video that my SIL took of my sweet granddaughter singing to me. Eeeek. I thought I looked better than that. I'm not big on self shaming and I don't mean to, but I was not happy with what I saw. It's ok. It could have been the angle or whatever, but it was enough to say "get it together."

I will be working on my assessment of the last year and writing some new goals. I will share a cute new tracker I found for those of you visual folks. I hope you will all share your goals and visions for yourself for the coming year as well.

Head over to the weekly challenge. It offers a really great bunch of questions to get you started.

zs9mkoj1ziug.png
  • CurvyCalorie
    CurvyCalorie Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    @micki48 steps for December 27 Lazy Sunday! 💕
  • jugar
    Options
    Will we be rolled over to January 2021?

yes indeed! Unless you want to leave... You had missed a couple of weigh-ins so I was not sure if you were still with us! Glad to see you :smiley:
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    I had a pretty good day. I did MBF workout. I didn't like workout 2 and 3 but now I am really getting into this program. It has a different feel and leaves me sore. I just took a bath with Epsom salt. I ate a lot of snacks foods, but got ina lot of vegetables. I just logged it was pleasantly surprised that my calories were still low and macros were good.

@jugar that is so crazy to see a coyote in the snow. I am used to seeing them here, in the desert. We get snow, but I have never seen a coyote in the snow.

@micki48 every time I see a photo of my self, I am in disbelief that I am really that big. 2021 is going to be your year, I can feel it.

@MandiSaysHey I love my airfryer!

Welcome new friends! I hope you all enjoy our group. I think you will find it is a very supportive group that keeps you motivated.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,081 Member
    Options
    A newcomer is heading your way ...Please welcome @sunny9847 :)
  • CurvyCalorie
    Options
    @sunny9847 Welcome to the group!
  • CurvyCalorie
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Weigh in 166.8
    PW 166.2

• Kali225
    Kali225 Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    @micki48 my steps for the last week!

syw4ph81fxbx.png

The 2 days after Christmas were some of my laziest (and least-healthy eating) of the entire year, which I guess is fair - I needed a holiday break. I still got my long walks and steps done but I was literally on the couch the whole time otherwise. Today starts a recovery from all the eating this weekend for sure. I think I want to start setting some time-based water goals for myself each day, like by noon, finish 1 water bottle's worth, another by 4pm, and a final by 8pm? We'll see.

Awesome job for our team eking out the small drop - it was pretty encouraging that as a group, F2F actually gained this week, because I know I did and it's totally fine. Holidays are not the time to stress about food.

Welcome to the new members!!
  • Kali225
    Kali225 Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    @jugar once more, I am going to log my weight on Thursday morning instead of Friday because there will surely be champagne galore on Thursday night haha.

For the new year, can I change my weigh-in day to Tuesday? (And then after I weigh-in 12/31, I will send my next update 1/5 right?) Trying to change some things up for 2021!
  • eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    @jugar, looking forward to turning the page to January. I am resetting my goal and would like to drop 10 lbs and see how I feel there...so not in the goal zone for January.
    Looking to see the tracks in the snow is one of the few things I like about snow. Surprisingly, after that last snow, there were no coyote nor deer tracks in our yard.
  • jugar
    Options
    Kali225 wrote: »
    @jugar once more, I am going to log my weight on Thursday morning instead of Friday because there will surely be champagne galore on Thursday night haha.

For the new year, can I change my weigh-in day to Tuesday? (And then after I weigh-in 12/31, I will send my next update 1/5 right?) Trying to change some things up for 2021!

No problem to change days - I'll get you on Tuesdays starting Jan 5th, and Thursday for this week.
  • jugar
    Options
    eggfreak wrote: »
    @jugar, looking forward to turning the page to January. I am resetting my goal and would like to drop 10 lbs and see how I feel there...so not in the goal zone for January.
    Looking to see the tracks in the snow is one of the few things I like about snow. Surprisingly, after that last snow, there were no coyote nor deer tracks in our yard.

Back on the regular team for you! Take it slow - see how it goes. I'm definitely heading back to the bottom of my maintenance zone, so we'll all be losing in January. Green green green :mrgreen:
This discussion has been closed.