WaistAways - January 2021 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    I can't get over how many Capricorns we have in this team - I may be missing some, but @ells_runs @eggfreak @DD265 and me. Happy BDs all! I will also plan to have no cake, unless I can give most of it away to my son. It will have to be a cake he likes! We do have an amazing gluten free upside down cake that I have been making from time to time (my husband has celiac disease) that might make an appearance, though. It is SO good, spicy, and not too sweet. And my husband will finish it fast!
    !

Well, this Capricorn is going to test her self control and make a cake. It's really just because I want to make this cake, my birthday is only the excuse. An Almond/Marzipan cake...mmmmm....I'll calculate the calories with MFP and give away most of it.
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Evening Friends!

All this talk of birthday cake! Well I'm not ashamed to declare that on my birthday I shall make a cake and other than a generous slice for my hubby - I'll be eating it all!

Today's been good - an intense 12 minute tabata workout followed by a considered yoga practice (thank you, Adriene!) That's been my workout schedule this week. It makes a huge difference doing the more intense stuff before doing the yoga!

Work for the rest of the day has been smooth and uneventful - happy days!

Yesterday I attended a funeral online - my dear friend lost her mother just before Christmas, and I was quite close to her, so I was chuffed to get a virtual invitation to the funeral. I found the 90 minutes spent in quiet contemplation was valuable, in spite of the strange methods that are necessary in the current climate. Still feel that I paid my respects.

We're having an Indian takeaway tonight and I'm really looking forward to it. Haven't had a takeaway for ages!

Enjoy your evening, friends!

Y x

PS @Gidgitgoescrazy thanks for taking us with you on your journey for your new job - I feel almost as excited as you must be feeling! :)

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,093 Member
    Options
    eggfreak wrote: »
    I can't get over how many Capricorns we have in this team - I may be missing some, but @ells_runs @eggfreak @DD265 and me. Happy BDs all! I will also plan to have no cake, unless I can give most of it away to my son. It will have to be a cake he likes! We do have an amazing gluten free upside down cake that I have been making from time to time (my husband has celiac disease) that might make an appearance, though. It is SO good, spicy, and not too sweet. And my husband will finish it fast!
    !

Well, this Capricorn is going to test her self control and make a cake. It's really just because I want to make this cake, my birthday is only the excuse. An Almond/Marzipan cake...mmmmm....I'll calculate the calories with MFP and give away most of it.

Oh dear. You said TWO magic words - almond and marzipan. You might have to send me that recipe...
  • tschwery
    tschwery Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    PW - 183.2
    CW - 183.5

I had some technical issues starting out, so havent introduced myself yet.  My name is Terra - I am married and have 2 teenagers. I love being outdoors and staying active, but have been doing very little of both lately. Time to get back to it! I'm trying to find a better balance for family/work/me/other....  This seems like a very encouraging group - I'm glad I was able to join.

@jugar - I'm also a Capricorn. My husband was smart and only got me a slice of cake for my birthday and didn't make a whole cake like he's done in the past.  So glad he did - we both know I have no self control when it comes to cake. I also have little self control when comes to complaining about having no cake self control. 😜

@sarkrisd - I'm also from a small town in Nebraska!  Waaaayyyy west side almost in Wyoming - in the Scottsbluff area. Where are you located?

Have a great day!
  • happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,071 Member
    Options
    I have been feeling hungry going to bed the last few days and I realized what's happening. I don't feel full eating four small meals of 200, 600, 500, 500 calories each but three big meals of 200, 600 and 1000 cals each seems to to help with satiety. Glad I figured this out because it was bothering me.

Oh and I am a Capricorn too :)
  • CurvyCalorie
    CurvyCalorie Posts: 266 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    @micki48
    Steps for January 13
  • jugar
    edited January 2021
    Options
    I have been feeling hungry going to bed the last few days and I realized what's happening. I don't feel full eating four small meals of 200, 600, 500, 500 calories each but three big meals of 200, 600 and 1000 cals each seems to to help with satiety. Glad I figured this out because it was bothering me.

Oh and I am a Capricorn too :)
    Another one! We're everywhere - bwahahaha - and I'm glad you figured out a different meal schedule. I'm a bit the same way - I need bigger meals less often, and I'm still plenty hungry when I get up in the morning. I tried the 5 small meals approach at one point, and it was a disaster for me. So good for you - it is a drag going to bed hungry.
    tschwery wrote: »
    I had some technical issues starting out, so havent introduced myself yet.  My name is Terra - I am married and have 2 teenagers. I love being outdoors and staying active, but have been doing very little of both lately. Time to get back to it! I'm trying to find a better balance for family/work/me/other....  This seems like a very encouraging group - I'm glad I was able to join.

@jugar - I'm also a Capricorn. My husband was smart and only got me a slice of cake for my birthday and didn't make a whole cake like he's done in the past.  So glad he did - we both know I have no self control when it comes to cake. I also have little self control when comes to complaining about having no cake self control. 😜

@sarkrisd - I'm also from a small town in Nebraska!  Waaaayyyy west side almost in Wyoming - in the Scottsbluff area. Where are you located?

Have a great day!
    I'm so glad you passed through the dreaded tech issues and are here with us! Two people from Nebraska AND another Capricorn. This is fun - and complaining about lack of cake control is always welcome here! It sounds like your husband is smart and also supportive. It is so hard when your partner is being "nice" by giving you treats that undermine your plan to lose weight and get in shape - you've got a good one there!

@YinxFed
    Thanks for your update - and the interesting information about a virtual funeral. I am sure this is going to become more common, and will likely last past the pandemic so that people who cannot travel will still be able to "be" there. It is often difficult to bring everyone together for many reasons, and this gives an option that still allows for respect and consideration. I hope your Indian takeaway was great!

@offitgoes good one! Keep on the momentum, now - have a green month!
  • fuschiabolero
    fuschiabolero Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    no workout today
    3076 steps
    Have a great night!
  • jugar
    Options
    Well, Wednesday is coming to its end here. Here is tonight's update and heads up for weigh-ins :smiley:

Due or overdue:
    @sodonovan74
    @Evallusion
    @evelynladams527

Due Thursday:
    @conleywoods
    @eggfreak

Thanks!
  • sarkrisd
    sarkrisd Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    tschwery wrote: »

Have a great day!

I’m in central Nebraska, near Kearney/Grand Island. I went to college in a Chadron though. It’s beautiful in that area.
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,260 Member
    Options
    eggfreak wrote: »
    Maybe by the time I am 70 I'll be able to do a pistol squat! A girl can dream, right?
    I had to look that up (although I could kind of envision what it was). Yeah, no, will not be happening for me in my lifetime. :D

I have no idea what that is either.

@DD265 Wishing you a wonderful birthday.

@Steph1498 Good to see you checking in.

@Gidgitgoescrazy and @Kali225 Ohh fun!! Trying on new clothes. I forget what that feels like. The only thing I have bought attire-wise during this whole pandemic was a new pair of sneakers. 😂

Didn’t get many steps today or log (yet). Was over at my daughter’s helping. She has a bad neck shoulder. Possibly a pinched nerve. I think it’s stress. I rubbed her shoulders. Could feel tight spots and bumps that eased up after I massaged it. Anyway, spent the whole day over there. Lots of tv watching of the impeachment. Oh well. Oh, I did do some Pilates this morning. So there’s that.

Good night. 😴
  • MandiSaysHey
    MandiSaysHey Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    @DD265 happy birthday!
This discussion has been closed.