@kandi3570
    @363days
    @ireadlabelsdammit
    @davidji82

tzwytviss6pc.png

• TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    :star:MONDAY MINDSET!! :star:

We are in week three and at this time many people start wavering from the goals they set for themselves on January 1st. We can't let that happen to us!! I want you to spend a few minutes today reviewing your goals and remembering the "why" you are on this journey to good health. This is about you and being the best you that you can be. Let NOTHING stand in your way!! B)
    3dgat3a3hdaf.jpg
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,880 Member
    @raleighgirl09 I would say that you did excellent! I didn't do so well but I'm improving on my goals. I like your coloring analogy.

@TwistedSassette Yes! But those are the kinds that go by really quickly. Well done with the bike and deficit! And that's a nice way to start off the day, riding the bike.

@TeresaW1020 Yes, yesterday was excellent! I am loving the new car, the safety features were really worth getting: yesterday, it saved me from backing up into a car that was zooming by. ;) I only prepped one thing, which was a vegan soup for Wednesday, "Creamy-ish of Mushroom Soup". I plan on prepping one more meal on Tuesday when I am working from home (shhhh don't tell my boss!). 4 of the recipes for the week are WW meals. The one I made last night was really good so that gives me hope lol. I'm glad you enjoyed the Quit Sugar Summit and got a lot out of it. You are right about making it a lifestyle. It's something I think about often.
    MONDAY MINDSET: My "WHY" is that I want to lose weight so that I am not a burden on my husband as we grow older. This is so important to me, he works hard and also takes care of his disabled brother part-time, he doesn't need to come home and have to take care of me, too. My goals, I've been thinking a lot about them lately, my goals for Jan 1-Apr 1 are:
    Track 90% of what I eat
    Walk for 20 minutes, or do a walking video, 3 times a week
    Drink at least 60 oz of liquids every day
    Meditate for at least 10 minutes every day

I am doing okay so far. Not stellar. I haven't been meditating and my walking has been sporadic. I need to keep my "WHY" in front of me.

Hello all. I had a fabulous weekend, the weather was nice and I got outdoors part of it. I got a good night's sleep last night. I pre-tracked all of my meals for today. I'm ready for Monday!

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS

f8anwlzke9w0.jpg
  • TwistedSassette
    TwistedSassette Posts: 8,582 Member
    @TeresaW1020 Congrats on doing some jogging! One minute is a great start. :smiley:

@gwamajtw91 I know what you mean - I get a bit overwhelmed if I miss a day checking in. But it's great this is such an active team! Also those male members of the household can make things tricky, can't they! I am still working on saying no or just having a little bit!

@mlhopp93 Great job getting out for a walk in the snow! I would be hibernating lol.

@SammyDee2015 Please do not think you are letting the team down. We are all here to help you get through the hurdles that are in your way! Sending you a big virtual hug. Let us know what is happening to cause that result and we may be able to help you through it!

@anido1 Great weigh in!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Monday Mindset:
    In the past, I would have answered this with some external driver - for my son, to look better etc. But that's not true anymore. I am on this journey to good health because it makes me feel better. I am still relatively young (34) but have already felt the impacts of excess weight and poor health - a cancer scare, infertility, joint pain, inflammation. That's not what I want for my future. When I do more of the healthy things, I feel better both physically and emotionally. I have less back pain. I have a more positive outlook. I don't snap at people. So my "why" is all about me - get more sleep, meditate more, drop the toxic social media, exercise more, eat better. These are all things that are for me to do for myself to make sure that I'm not an obese retiree who can't enjoy the world because I can't move off the couch!
    Yesterday was a good day. My resistance bands arrived in the mail so I did a short arm workout to try them out (it was harder than I thought it would be!). I enjoyed a bowl of ice cream (smaller than I would normally serve myself) and still had a good calorie deficit for the day. Barely spent 10 minutes on Facebook! Played with my son and enjoyed him trying to repeat words with his cute little lisp. It was a good day!
    I was going to do a short bike ride this morning but the clock was against me. I needed to re-tape my foot and it took me longer than expected (I have plantar fasciitis and have found some relief with Rocktape).
    Despite getting 7 hours of sleep last night, I am finding myself very tired and sleepy today. It must not have been a very restful sleep! I think it's a two-coffee kind of day for me.
    nxvfdcis4s10.png
    Goals for January:
    Sleep: 120.9/200 hours (average 6.7 hours) - ON TRACK
    Total Calorie Deficit recorded to date: 630 - ON TRACK
    Exercise: 304/600 minutes (average 17 minutes) - AT RISK
    Meditation: 3/4 sessions - ON TRACK
    Social Media: 11.48/31 hours (average 0.64 hours) - ON TRACK

Updated to 18/01/2021
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @trooworld Your why is similar to mine. I have to be able to take care of my husband as he gets older. Remember he is 23 years older than me. So, my needing to be strong and healthy is a reality that I have to face. Your goals are great! This morning on a podcast this guy was saying that as long as we keep striving forward, we will eventually get to where we need to go. So, the motto of this group is to “NEVER give up” and I know that you are NOT ever going to do that. :) That picture of that poor woman is heartbreaking but also inspiring in how she is doing the best she can. <3

@TwistedSassette Ohhhh how I LOVE your why!! It’s clear and full of real tangible reasons for focusing on yourself. Please print that out and keep it near you and read it often!! Your grandchildren will thank you one day for the work you are doing today. :)

Hi Team! Today was a good day. I went to Aldi and bought some groceries and then came home and did a bunch of computer work. I love working from home and being able to pick and choose what I want to do and when. My weight is doing well and I’m super happy that in the last four days I’ve hit a new all-time low three of those days. I ate more than usual today, so we will see what tomorrow will do. Might be time for an all-day fast! :D

Monday Mindset: It’s good to review our whys and to see if it needs adjusting. Right now, my mindset is probably the best it’s ever been and that is both exciting and scary. I’m starting to feel confident that I can really conquer my obesity and break the bondage that food/sugar has been for me. But I’m also scared that I will fail. One of my why reasons need to be that I will love myself enough to push through the fear and believe that I am deserving of the victory. One day at a time, right? ;)

January Goals: 1/18
    No Sugar Challenge: 18 Days sugar-free!
    Fast for 19+ hours: I fasted 20 hrs.
    Ate on plan: I was low carb today because I made the best roast EVER with homemade Keto rolls and I ate a bunch of carrots. :grin:
    Workout 30+ minutes: I did Beachbody #MBFA lower body
    Drink 96+ oz. of water: I got all my water in for the day
    2021 Focus Word: TRANSFORMATION
  • SammyDee2015
    SammyDee2015 Posts: 285 Member
    Happy Monday everyone 🤗
    @TwistedSassette - thanks for the pep talk, much appreciated ❤️
    I am doing fine, just needed to kick my own butt to stay focused and on task.. and not give in to my pity party of one, since it doesn’t help the journey and in fact makes it longer.😉( My challenges are medicinal in nature but not impossible to overcome so I remain grateful!)

Monday Mindset: straightening the tilt of my cap and marching forward ho! Why? Well I think that’s what I am missing ( because ‘not be fat’ just doesn’t sound inspiring 😆) ... very glad to be reminded to ask myself - and wrestle out an answer to -that question! 🌸
    — —-
    Today I did an am strength workout and an afternoon treadmill trek, ate the right foods and logged every gram. A good day all around.
    Hope everyone else steps into this week with a bounce and a grin.
    🤗
  • kerritho
    kerritho Posts: 25 Member
    @TeresaW1020 there's a load of low carb / Mediterranean meals. For example we had the Chicken Caesar-ish salad today. The dressing is made from greek yoghurt, garlic and herbs. Last night we had Chicken wrapped in Prosciutto and yesterday for lunch we had Leek and Salmon quiche. The recipes are reasonably easy to make and the meal plan helps us stick to 800 cals per day for the first two weeks. Hoping it works BUT over the weekend I had a few social things on and drank wine and ate carbs!! Lets hope sticking to the meal plan gets my weight back on track.
  • raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 691 Member
    edited January 2021
    raleighgirl09
    Monday check in

Just a short check in before bed and getting plenty of sleep - I hope to start catching up in the morning with some replies! @TwistedSassette I see that your at risk deficit is gaining good footing on the green side of living....good for you, friend! So agree with others.....very inspiring why for the life you deserve. <3
    @trooworld this photo reminds me that some have so much to overcome that I could be wasting a gift and to not pursue more for myself is a slap in the face to the blessed many gifts and ways in which my life is so much easier than for others. I need to honor that circumstance by doing the best I can - every day.

Had a great day - cals under, water on target, food logged, no sugar, steps over, Slimsters check in and Habit Tracker done.

My why - a healthy retired life with fewer doctor's appointments and much more kayaking. Less focus on what's wrong with me de jour and more on what's important with my family and their lives, in their moments. More adventure - fewer copays. Contentment with what I have for healthy living over angst. I know I'll have ills and woes but if I can avoid some of them by living more healthfully right now - shouldn't I do that? Wouldn't I want to? If I move more now, even when I don't want to or something hurts, won't it have been worth it if it means I can move for a longer period of my life, even if in discomfort? If I forgive more than resent, listen more than rail, always give the benefit of the doubt - isn't it worth it to have let things go and lived more harmoniously and maybe help others feel moments of happiness?

I know I'll have problems as I age - I just simply want to mitigate as much of it as I can based on my food choices, movement choices and choices for peace of mind over conflict. My future self is worth my efforts in the present.

1. stick to the baseline MFP calorie goal ✅✅
    2. 10-12 cups of water a day ✅✅
    3. log all food, prep and pre-log as much as possible ✅✅
    4. January 2021 NO SUGAR ✅✅
    5. daily check in with Slims and complete the Habit Tracker daily ✅✅
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,552 Member
    Hey gang, still around, I took it easy yesterday then did my workout today and have been mostly resting. I'm really tired from the increase in my anti depressant for nerve pain. School starts next week and I haven't registered yet. I need to find something to do but I'm not stable so it's hard to make plans. I was so excited to go back to school when I was doing better and now that I'm not it seems like I wasted my time. I know I didn't, I learned, I just had been looking forward to a career I can no longer physically do. Not sure where I'm going with this, just trying to figure out my next step.
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,573 Member
    Username: AustinRuadhain
    Weigh In Day: Monday
    Week 3
    PW: 136.2
    CW: 135.4 :smile:
    LTD: 130

@Katmary71
    I am sending you virtual hugs and prayers. I hope the dust settles soon for you.

@raleighgirl09
    My future self is worth my efforts in the present.
    You could frame that, or needlepoint it, or something. What a commitment to live by!

@kerritho
    Hurray to being back on track!

@adhmrh
    Wow to all your work scheduling people for vaccinations! What a tremendous gift!

@SammyDee2015
    I love that tilt in your cap! And it sounds like you made it a great day!

@TeresaW1020
    I am with you and many here, in feeling really motivated by wanting to be healthy.

@anido1
    Woohoo! Great weigh-in!

@trooworld
    I love your CHANGE HAPPENS, and your clarity abotu why to do the work. And I think it is really smart to think about the impact your not doing the work to get and stay fit has on other people. Very often, we will not do things for ourselves but would make an effort to help someone else. So having clarity about the impact on your husband and doing this to make his life better seems so brilliant!

Today has been decent but not perfect. I did get some exercise in, but not my 45 minutes, so this will be a rest day. And I am off to bed without catching up on ALL the awesome Slimwonderful News!

One thing that I am excited about -- I started doing the Wharton Stretch Program, out of a book I asked for for Christmas. It's going to be interesting to see if this makes a big difference.
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,128 Member
    vegan4lyfe2012
    Sunday
    PW: 192.4
    CW: 192.8
  • raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 691 Member
    raleighgirl09
    Tuesday check in

Hard to believe we're already in another week - time has never seemed to go so fast!

@TeresaW1020 thanks for the reminder to all to dig up our 'why' so we can push past the third week in January! It's true that determination can wane at about this juncture and it's great to have a Cap'n at the helm to light the way and avoid the rocks! Let's not let our healthy living slip to the bottom of the Graveyard of the Atlantic, let's.... uh, wait, I may be getting really carried away with the nautical analogy but anyway.....thanks for the reminder!! :D

@Katmary71 I hate this struggle for you - and why is it so often that what can help can also have a negative affect??? I hope there is another direction that you can take your education in, never a waste as you said, but maybe there is a different corner you are to turn and progress. Hugs to you..... <3
    @digger61 take care of yourself in the healing time - the rest will come back when you are stronger and you can get back to your routine =>
    [quote="gwamajtw91
    I am convinced that @raleighgirl09 is my alter ego. Almost everything that you write resonates with me (and yes, I am the "foot off the gas" girl!). [/quote]

@gwamajtw91 congrats on your continued great days! I love that we are all so like minded - I often see myself in not only the struggles but the determination, as well. So glad we both landed in SlimsLand!!!! I have often gone back to the foot off the gas analogy in my head - and strive for a foot off the gas to not become a foot on the brake... => I live by analogies which I think drives my family a little nutty!

@tslose and @Krea4 congrats on great weigh ins - - a late WOOT coming atchya!!!! B)

@mlhopp93 wow, walking in the snow - even the none accumulating kind is a magical feat! I recently did a cold rainy night (47 degrees) and it was probably my upper (lower?) limit! Great dedication!
    @Sammydee2015 I am so sorry - I know this is not the direction you want the numbers to go but more importantly, your mental direction and mindset is on an upswing - I can picture your avatar face looking sternly into the mirror as you adjust your cap - and with the righting of the cap, so too shall go the progress and numbers.....we stand with you!!
    @anido1 and @AustinRuadhain fabulous weigh ins!!! Great work on working January! @AustinRuadhain
    @vegan4lyfe2012 thinking of you - you can do this and we're here for support!! Much love and hugs to you!! <3
    @kerritho your menus sound delightful and simple - my favorite combination!
    @adhmrh WOW - we'll be thinking of you while you're off with such important work - sending fortitude and great thoughts your way!
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,880 Member
    @TwistedSassette That's a great "WHY". I used to have plantar fasciitis and nothing seemed to help besides expensive sole inserts. I'm glad you found something to help.

@TeresaW1020 Yes, that must be very important for you to get healthy. I definitely will not give up! I'm glad you had a good day. And yay for the scale being down! That's great your mindset is good. I think it's only natural to be afraid of failing at this but you've got this!

@adhmrh How wonderful, I am sending my best thoughts to you and the church members.

@raleighgirl09 That's a good way to look at that photo. I'm glad you had a great day. You have an excellent "WHY".

@Katmary71 I hope you can figure out what you want to do and get back in school. School changed my life.

@AustinRuadhain Congrats on the loss! Thanks re: my WHY. I look forward to your feedback on your new book.

Hi all. I had a pretty good day yesterday. I drank enough liquids again, I tracked everything and I ate within my points. I am still having pain in my lower spine/lower back area from my arthritis and it's kind of depressing. I truly believe it is tied to my sugar consumption.

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS
  • leonadixon
    leonadixon Posts: 479 Member
    Check in weight (1/5/2021): 222.0
    Check in weight (1/12/2021): 221.6
    Check in weight (1/19/2021): 218.6

Yay! Something is working! I'm very happy I'm moving in the right direction!
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,573 Member
    Good afternoon, SlimPosse!

I feel like I am still trying to get into a rhythm with the new year. I did get in my 10+ minutes of cardio this morning -- a quick jog twice around the block.

@trooworld
    Thank you, as always, for the reminder that CHANGE HAPPENS!
    If you are game for trying it, you might look into stretching of some kind for that lower back pain. I have gotten very interested in how interconnected our bodies are. Nutrition certainly has a big effect for me, as regards inflammation. Like you, I find that sugar is a big issue and so have been avoiding sugar for a good while now. I have certainly seen improvements in inflammation-related things. I hope it works for you, too!

@raleighgirl09
    Thank you for being such a bright generous spirit here! I read your comments to other people and get coaching myself!

@vegan4lyfe2012
    Hugs, if that 0.4 was vexing. Keep doing, keep making small improvements, and you WILL get there!

7ocp2lhhgzvv.jpg
  • TwistedSassette
    TwistedSassette Posts: 8,582 Member
    @SammyDee2015 You're so right, a pity party just makes the journey longer! Glad you had a better day.

@adhmrh You are doing a wonderful thing in coordinating the vaccine clinics. Wishing you all the best, I hope it all goes smoothly. Take care of yourself!

@raleighgirl09 Thanks, I've been getting back into the swing of things so feeling more comfortable that I will meet my goals!
    I love your "why" as well. You are so right. And if not now, when?

@AustinRuadhain Congrats on your loss this week! The stretch program sounds interesting.

@leonadixon That is fantastic, keep it up!
    My Tuesday went quite well. I got a little walking in at work, not much but a little. Then went for a swim at my sister's house which was great! The little guy really enjoyed the swim, he's getting more confident and I think it helped to not have teenagers diving in all around and splashing him in the face.
    We ended up having pizza for dinner after I helped a friend do her taxes. But I didn't eat as much as I normally would and had a strong deficit so I'm happy with that. No sodium blip on the scale this morning - which tells me that if I didn't have the pizza, there would have been a drop instead! But I'm ok with that. I'm not ok with a life where I can't enjoy the occasional pizza for dinner!
    This morning (Wednesday) I got up and rode my bike for 10 mins. Not as long as I'd wanted, but all I could manage before it was time to get ready for work. Still, that's twice this week I've done it and I hope I can continue that. I'm finding it a little easier to get out of bed in the morning because I'm finally getting (almost) enough sleep. I feel good!
    nxvfdcis4s10.png
    Goals for January:
    Sleep: 127.9/200 hours (average 6.7 hours) - ON TRACK
    Total Calorie Deficit recorded to date: 1,217 - ON TRACK
    Exercise: 337/600 minutes (average 18 minutes) - AT RISK
    Meditation: 3/4 sessions - ON TRACK
    Social Media: 12.1/31 hours (average 0.64 hours) - ON TRACK

Updated to 19/01/2021
This discussion has been closed.