sunny9847 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Met all goals today. Steps 12,245
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,098 Member
    Options
    PW 152.8
    CW 154.2

I moved my scale twice, just to make sure. I did eat spaghetti, but it fit into my macros.
    But last week you were 154.8 - so you had a good green week, really!! Ya done good :heart:
    I have been struggling mentally with the slowdown in my weight loss over the last month and a half or so. I know slowdowns and plateaus are totally normal, but it frustrates me. I am trying really hard to really stay on track the rest of this month. So, my goals for the rest of January:

-Stay in calorie goal and do not eat back exercise calories. (Exception for Friday nights when my son and I always order out, I will probably eat back some exercise calories)
    -walk at least 10k steps at work, no exceptions. And at least 30 min of exercise on days off when I dont get the steps in
    -dont grocery shop while hungry because it is too easy to give in to buying junk food
    Great plan! You are especially right to highlight the grocery shopping issue. For me, that is where the bad stuff happens. Once it is bought, paid for, and brought home, there is no way not to eat it. I have gone back to the parking lot pick up for groceries again, now that we are on a pretty strict lockdown again. It sure eliminates the impulse buys! Keep your chin up - your slowdown is good information. You have already lost almost 5 pounds this month, and your body needs a minute to get used to it. The Friday night "free meal" is also a good idea. Save up the things you crave for that one time, and it won't have anywhere near as much of an impact as small daily "treats". You are doing great!
    'm heading out for a walk in the quasi-sunshine. Wowza! first time in ages.
    Look out, Fitbit crew. I'm on your tails today!
    You betcha!

So it has been quite a Wednesday, and I hope everyone is doing well. It was great to see a peaceful day in the USA and some beautiful moments in the inauguration.

Onward ho! Just a couple of weigh-in reminders -
    still due today:
    @AshenMoon
    @tschwery

due Thursday:
    @conleywoods
    @eggfreak

Thanks!
  • tschwery
    tschwery Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    tschwery
    Wednesday
    PW - 183.5
    CW - 183.0
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I had a successful day today. Food was on track with no sugar, dinner was the last meal of the day and calories were under. Did 45 minutes of ballet tonight with my mother in law and daughter.

I'm so glad that today we had a peaceful transfer of power here in the US. It has been quite the roller coaster ride lately. Hopefully we can shift our focus to other things now.

I'm working on setting up goals for my next action plan (I have 6 under my main annual goal). I have stuff started for balancing my macros. Next I want to work on being consistent with food. Right now I'm journaling on the topic. This really helps me zero in on what this topic means to me and the specific areas that need to be addressed. Once I complete this process I will write a measurable goal and break it into smaller steps.

I was reading through the posts from @jugar and @MandiSaysHey about having the one free day or meal vs. Small daily treats. I spent some time journaling on this topic but haven't come to any conclusions yet 🤔.

What do the rest of you like to do? Can you delay gratification all week for a bigger treat? Do daily treats lead to more snacking or keep cravings at bay? Love to hear other insights on this topic.
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    @MandiSaysHey It is frustrating when our weight loss slows down! I hear you and many other here get what you're going through. Our bodies are smart and want to adapt. Look for other ways to measure progress besides the scale can really help. Having a plan and something to work on is also very helpful. Hang in there.
  • DD265
    DD265 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I was reading through the posts from @jugar and @MandiSaysHey about having the one free day or meal vs. Small daily treats. I spent some time journaling on this topic but haven't come to any conclusions yet 🤔.

What do the rest of you like to do? Can you delay gratification all week for a bigger treat? Do daily treats lead to more snacking or keep cravings at bay? Love to hear other insights on this topic.

Currently I have so many calories available to me (it feels like it, anyway! 1923 a day) that if I didn't snack on a daily basis I'd never get through them. I can tell I'm still snacking sometimes out of habit rather than hunger, but I guess as my calorie goal drops, the snacking will reduce/change anyway.
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    @PlaneMonkey you were right, it must have been the spaghetti. I was down 1.2 pounds this morning. I didn't know ti took longer to digest, I thought it was just water retirement the carbs. Good to know!

@jugar I must have typed it wrong last week! I was 152.8 not 154.8.

In addition to being down on the scale, I am pleased that I didn't self sabotage my diet yesterday because I was mad at the scale. Also, today is my second day on in person learning and my second day of getting up for my 5am workout.
  • Steph1498
    Steph1498 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I just got home from a long walk with a friend. Its so nice to be outside and in good company. I should make it a point to do this more often!!

@conleywoods re: snacking.
    When I want a snack I go through these 3 questions...
    1. Am I being influenced by whatever I am doing (TV) or who I am with...
    2. Consider if what I need is actually in this drawer - or am I bored, lonely, sad, whatever...
    3. Reconsider whether I am actually hungry and

There are a few things that I do to stay away from snacking all day. Have a good size portion (that may be small for chocolate or large for celery), snack on healthier options, no snacks near the TV or computer (such a bad combination for me).

This has worked for me to stop snacking late at night and rummaging thru the drawers due to boredom.
  • Gidgitgoescrazy
    Gidgitgoescrazy Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    UGH, wrote out this long post, and hit the wrong button !

So... Yesterday was good, I had no sugar, was within my calories, BUT I had a cucumber after dinner for a snack... But hey atleast it was just a cucumber, I coulda done so much worse...

I didn't do yoga, when I got home, my balance board, and new fitbit had arrived, so I played with them... I got the Sense, I bought it for myself for Christmas, but the 1st one got lost... Then my son had a mental breakdown, I think this whole working from home, not being able to be social is starting to stress him out, so I talked with him for a long time, and he played on the balance board while we chatted, and he said that it somehow helped, I said it's because you are concentrating on keeping your balance instead of all the other stuff, so he put it in his office, so he could use it while he works... So I'm hoping when his Peloton Bike comes in 2 weeks, he will use that on a regular basis , and it will help get the endorphins moving to push the negative thoughts out...

I did 20 minutes of aerobics this morning, that felt good.. it's going to be a nice sunny semi warm day here, so I will take a couple of walks, since I have to work late again because we have a person coming in for an interview at 5, and I normally get off at 4...

@Jugar Happy belated Birthday ! Also, I bought the book "Born to Run" :) I'll let ya know if it works !

My husband laughs at me every time I buy books, doesn't understand why I buy 3 books a week, but it takes me 2 weeks to read one, I told him buying books, and reading books, are 2 totally different hobbies ! :)

Hope you have a wonderful day !
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,098 Member
    Options
    @Gidgitgoescrazy
    Buying books and reading books are 2 totally different hobbies! This is brilliant.
  • MandiSaysHey
    MandiSaysHey Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    @conleywoods yes, the suggestion of looking for other ways to track progress aside from just the scale is where I am going next. I ordered a body measuring tape so I can start to track inches.
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    6de8au32rz61.jpg
    WAISTAWAYS JANUARY WEEK 2 STEP RESULTS

STEP STARS

1st - @Kali225 106,920
    2nd - @KellyBgetsfit 92,380
    3rd - @sunny9847 87,915

Steppers Meeting Daily Step Goal

@Kali225 7/7
    @sunny9847 7/7
    @KellyBgetsfit 5/7
    @jugar 5/7
    @YinxFed 5/7
    @MandiSaysHey 4/7

There is no total team step total because something is up with the spreadsheet. @jugar Help.

Great stepping team. Sorry for the tardiness.

2z3k9l6qgq61.png
  • eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    @jugar
    PW 146
    CW 146
    I'll take it - my eating was terrible for 2 days, I changed all my goals as a result of being irritated with my last week's weigh-in after being really good. I've upped my calorie intake a bit and will see if that does anything (metabolism?).

@MandiSaysHey I've been doing the plateau thing since August 20 when I first hit 146, since then it's been a dance with the same few pounds, up and down...it is frustrating, here I am, 5 months later, same weight. I am still happy about it but wanted to push a little further down. I'm walking a lot and will see how the eating goes. It's definitely not all about the number on the scale but I've never gotten into taking measurements.
  • PlaneMonkey
    PlaneMonkey Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    @eggfreak and @MandiSaysHey, I think measurements and progress photos are so great, cause like @KellyBgetsfit showed us in her photo, the same weight can appear in lots of different shapes. I wish I had taken starting measurements back in August when I joined. The only measurements I really have is that I've dropped 2 jeans sizes and I'm almost down one more.
    I'm beginning to plateau a bit now and my effort to stay in calorie goals isn't staying as strong, but I've been shovelling so much snow, that it's probably the equivalent of some serious weight lifting. I'm using that as my reasoning for that extra piece of bread I had with dinner tonight....
    I thought that since the snow today was light and fluffy that I'd only claim exercise credit for half of the time out there since it should be easier than over the weekend when we had wet, soggy, heavy snow but nope, I was so wrong! The fluffy stuff doesn't stick to anything so when you toss it up on the top of the pile, MOST of it slides right back down to your feet! I probably shoveled double because of it!

@conleywoods I've never been much of a snacker, my kryptonite is leftovers from dinner. I won't put them away before nibbling more than I should. Whenever I think I'm hungry and it isn't meal time, I try to make myself drink water first. Apparently our brain can confuse thirst signals for hunger so that's my go-to to avoid the extra snacking calories. I've been stocking up on flavoured zero-calorie water enhancers too. I definitely drink more when it tastes like iced tea or fruit punch than I do when it's just water.

@Gidgitgoescrazy I hope that interview went well. It was for your replacement, right? (I can't scroll back and confirm what you wrote, sorry!)
  • sunny9847
    sunny9847 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Met all goals today. Steps 12,510
  • fuschiabolero
    fuschiabolero Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    steps 6,098
This discussion has been closed.