Mission Slimpossible - January 2021 Team Chat

Replies

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,880 Member
    @raleighgirl09 WTG! Nice loss! Thank you for sharing your weight loss graph with us, it is nice to see it wasn't a perfect slope. It totally makes sense that you had backslid with those occurrences. I'm glad you are back on track now. I usually have a day that I eat higher point foods and it's usually on Saturdays. I hope you enjoy your indulgence. It sounds like a lot of fun! I LOVE your idea of your Henry storybook for Hazel! I bet she'll love it. Thanks for your encouragement. I haven't stretched yet (besides the desk yoga) but I plan on it today. I do believe change is happening! :)

@Katmary71 No, I got distracted (hubby was home from work on Mon and Tues and then yesterday, I was in a couple of Zoom meetings and forgot). This video by a chiropractor looks good, I'm going to try it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdCClhtKH2Q

@TwistedSassette Oooh a racecar bed, that sounds fun! Good to listen to your body and sleep in. Nice weigh-in, woot woot!

@TeresaW1020 Back at you! ;) I own the Beck Diet Solution but have not read it yet. I would be into reading it with you and others. Congrats on the loss, you must be very excited! :)

Hello all. Yesterday was an off day, I was hungry most of the day even 30 minutes after I ate breakfast and then again after lunch. I thought about what made yesterday different than the rest of the week and all I can think about is that I had noodles with dinner on Weds night and then for lunch yesterday. It must be the carbs. I'll pay careful attention to the way I feel the next time I have pasta but if it makes me hungry, I'm not having it. Other than being hungry, I've been doing really well.

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS
  • SammyDee2015
    SammyDee2015 Posts: 285 Member
    edited January 2021
    @raleighgirl09 man oh man can I relate to your addiction swapping mind bends. Good thing we are both Pollyanna types and truly believe a healthy lifestyle can be achieved with practice 😉
    @Davidji82 WOOHOO, Congratulations on such a big success! Keep that focus and you will be sure to reach your goals 🤗
    @TeresaW1020 Nice job this week, awesome progress for the month, and WOW lookit your all time loss! So what do you see as your biggest weight loss tool for your success so far? 😊
    @trooworld Carbs do tend to make the body ask for more more more- glad you are figuring things out! I too have to take a pass on pasta to avoid tummy whines 😉

Friday journal entry
    Ok so I am on meds that cause weight gain via increase in tiredness, perceived hunger, slowed metabolism, muscle aches and more.... I am not whining because the chronic brain pain n tic relief makes it worthwhile! 🧘‍♀️

Sadly my dosage was upped yet again - 2nd time in as many weeks- but I am determined to stay on them ( rather than switch back to another with worse side effects).
    This means I can expect another jump up on the scale (so far + 3lbs, and is usually 5 lbs with each Dosage increment ) ... and I have to find some way to silence/mute my ‘must-eat-all-things foodie monster’ who has gotten WAY out of control.
    I am not depressed, just weary. I know I can do this - I did it before- but I am 5 years older and dang it is so hard.
    Good thing I have Viking warrior blood in me 😉

Have a great day everyone! 🤗
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,006 Member
    Hello to all, I've been a reader, not a poster this week and now feel I am too far behind to say all the things I have thought of saying to ya'll. Know that I have been thinking of each of you and your joys or struggles of the week and rooting for you.

@raleighgirl09 ---- love the sloth story idea- Genius. Also, love the food is crack- SO TRUE!

@TeresaW1020 - I'm thinking about doing the Beck book, not sure yet.

Happy Friday!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,552 Member
    @TeresaW1020 LOL, you got me, I'd responded to posts then clicked on the cheesecake link dammit! I lost everything, haha! I always do that, never fails! I'm too curious! I don't have most the ingredients but saved it anyhow, let me know what you think! I'll look in the Beck solution, it would be fun to read together. Maybe I can get it through the library?

@gwamajtw91 I'm so sorry to hear about your neighbors, prayers for the people in your life who are fighting right now, you, and your husband.

@trooworld there are some good stretches in there I forgot about! I love how putting my legs up on the wall feels but it's such a pain to get out of that position once you scoot your butt up to the wall!

@SammyDee2015 I honestly don't know the how to get around medication and losing weight, I'm in the same boat right now. I've spent a lot of times on the forums here and people swear it comes down to calories but I've weighed and logged everything including spices and it's still off with medication, I shouldn't have gained as much as I did according to the data. I DID lose weight on a medication that affected hunger but I've gained a lot on prednisone and the anti-depressant. It won't be as easy as if we weren't on them but we can still do it!

OK gang, it rained last night and I'm super sore, I don't know if I'll work out or even get off the couch today. I knocked my side mirror off backing out yesterday so I need to order a new one. If any of you are interested I started a book group on here, I can post the link but I called it The Book Nook and it's public. It has a goofy picture of a snowman from high school, I was on my laptop and my boyfriend had that picture of us from high school and I saved it on my laptop and can't change the group picture to something normal like a bookshelf so excuse it!
  • itsmegina
    itsmegina Posts: 101 Member
    Username: itsmegina
    PW: 145.4
    CW: 144.2
    LTD (since restarting this part of the journey): 4.4lbs
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @Cornanda I’m soooo excited for you!! What a good week you have had. Now keep it up and focus on that next decade. B) I hope you do decide to do the book but if not then at least read our post about it because I’m sure you will get something from the discussion that you can use for your own health journey.

@gwamajtw91 I am so very sorry for the losses and for the worry you have been dealing with. That would affect anyone’s consistency and enthusiasm. Please be kind to yourself and you will get back on track once life settles down a bit. :)

@Katmary71 Ohhh I hate when I do that and lose my post. This is why I type in a Word.doc. :grin: I hope you do get the book and join us! Between the Beck Diet book and my upcoming Bible study, I will be all booked out for the next several weeks. But your book group is a great idea.

@adhmrh Congrats on your great week!! That is great that the vaccinating went so well and that you had so much help. And you got more than enough exercise so own it and be proud of yourself! <3

Hi Team! Today was a day of lots of little projects. I cleaned, did laundry, made chicken salad for tomorrow, organized my desk, and made an updated to-do list. I love making a list, crossing off things, and then making a new list. :grin: My eating was great today and I had a good workout. Speaking of working out. Tomorrow, I’m going to try to train myself to get up and do my workout before I sit and drink my two cups of coffee and browse the computer. I want to see if I can get a little more structure and organization to my day. We shall see if it will work!

January Goals: 1/22
    No Sugar Challenge: 22 Days sugar-free!
    Fast for 19+ hours: I fasted 19 hrs.
    Ate on plan: Stayed Keto today
    Workout 30+ minutes: 40 minute Barre Blend booty
    Drink 96+ oz. of water: I got all my water in for the day
    2021 Focus Word: TRANSFORMATION
  • TwistedSassette
    TwistedSassette Posts: 8,583 Member
    @raleighgirl09 What a great idea! I’m sure Hazel will love reading all about Henry. Thanks for the encouraging words of wisdom. My little man, Logie, loves his bed - he keeps taking us down there to play on it

@davidji82 What a fantastic milestone - congrats!! You’re doing great and so consistent!

@TeresaW1020 Great weigh in!

@SammyDee2015 Sorry to hear about the struggle with your meds. I hope things settle soon for you and you can get yourself back on track.

@Cornanda Woohoo! Great loss!

@gwamajtw91 I’m so sorry to hear about your neighbours and hubby’s friend. Thinking of you in this super stressful time.

@adhmrh Congrats on both your loss this week and the successful vaccine clinic! Sounds like an epic project that all came together well!

@itsmegina Well done on your loss!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Had a busy day at work yesterday and went for a swim at my sister’s place in the evening which was nice. Had takeout for lunch AND dinner but still ended up in a deficit so I’m happy with that.
    It’s Saturday morning now, I have a nice long weekend ahead of me (I have Monday off work and Tuesday is a public holiday for Australia Day). Planning some strength and yoga today, and lots of housework.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    nxvfdcis4s10.png
    Goals for January:
    Sleep: 148.4/200 hours (average 6.7 hours) - ON TRACK
    Total Calorie Deficit recorded to date: 2,727 - ON TRACK
    Exercise: 417/600 minutes (average 19 minutes) - AT RISK
    Meditation: 3/4 sessions - ON TRACK
    Social Media: 14.19/31 hours (average 0.65 hours) - ON TRACK

Updated to 22/01/2021
  • raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 692 Member
    raleighgirl09
    Friday quick check in - almost midnight!

Not much time - Friday struck for lack of planning to leave for a long drive right at dinnertime. Precipitated by a late lunch of cereal (switched B and L in my diary) and then an hour and a half later a brisk walk. Lo and behold, dip in blood sugar, has not happened for some time. Pimento cheese called and then other things called and.... Ugh, tomorrow is a new day. Scale was up a smidge this morning from higher sodium yesterday.

Still going to go to the event tomorrow so I'll be two days off.

More tomorrow!
  • davors19
    davors19 Posts: 285 Member
    Username:davors19
    Weigh in day: Friday

PW: 265
    CW: 265
    LTD: 35
  • trooworld
    @SammyDee2015 I'm glad to hear I'm not alone but sorry you can't have pasta either. I hope the increased dosage helps you and sorry about the gain it will cause. I'm on depression/mood stabilizers and they cause weight gain as well/make it hard to lose weight, so I feel your pain.

@TeresaW1020 Yay! I just looked on Amazon and they have the workbook on sale for the Kindle for .99 so if you have a Kindle, or the Kindle app on your tablet or computer, head over and buy it! I just did. I will definitely limit the pasta to once in a blue moon. :) I hope the baby shower goes well. And Happy Birthday to your mom! Wow, working out before coffee...you are brave, good luck! :D

@Cornanda Congratulations on the loss and getting into the 170s! I hope you join us on the Beck Diet Solution read.

@gwamajtw91 I can see why healthy eating hasn't been on the top of your mind, my gosh. I hope everything turns out okay with your hubby's best friend and that your hubby is fine.

@Katmary71 Yes, I did it yesterday and it really felt wonderful. It is a pain to get out of that position lol! It's ironic that you mention your side mirror getting knocked off because I dreamed I did that last night! :O I'm sorry that happened. Yes, please post the link to your book group, I would love to join!

@adhmrh You are kicking butt! Congrats on another loss. Wow, good job on the vaccinations!

@mlhopp93 Well done! You've got this!

Hello all. I lost 0.8 lbs this week which is a bit of a disappointment, I expected more but at least I lost and didn't gain. Today will be rather quiet: I got my groceries delivered yesterday and just have to run to the store for a few things. My husband and I plan on playing a video game tonight and so I'm making jello shots of all things! I haven't had jello shots in years so it should be fun. Am making them with sugar-free jello.

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS
  • trooworld
    Username:Trooworld
    Weigh in week: Week 3
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    PW: 229.8
    CW: 229.0
    LTD: 19
This discussion has been closed.