WaistAways - January 2021 Team Chat

Replies

• PlaneMonkey
    PlaneMonkey Posts: 568 Member
    @Pearl4686 @micki48 The reward system for me probably won't work but I'm going to try to, mostly to curb my bad behaviour of buying whatever I want (when I really can't afford it!) and correct some of my interactions with my good friend 'Red Wine'. Red wine is only to be consumed in our house on Saturdays (Hubby's on board!) but yesterday's stew recipe called for 2 cups of the stuff, and I have today off so I went to the store yesterday so I wouldn't have to go this weekend, and so Saturday's wine was purchased yesterday.... And consumed yesterday while making that stew (the recipe said it takes 2:20h to make so I started cooking at 4pm when I got home and by 5:30 we realized it wasn't even in the oven yet for the nearly two hours of roasting required so then a pizza was ordered and the stew was put into containers at 8pm when it was finally finished cooking...) but I digress...
    I still have to get myself a calendar and some stickers for tracking. Those are considered 'non-essential' items so I can't buy them in store in my province currently. I'll have to hunt around on amazon for something inspirational. I exercise so I can be a better hockey player once sports start up again. I need to stay focused on that! I've never been good at living up to my own expectations but I hate to let down the team so that's what keeps me pushing. It's why this group has been so pivotal for my success so far. I've slowed down and I know that I can be better. I'm so glad I did this workout today and that I didn't hate it one bit! Baby steps!!!

@jugar I hope your surgery goes well, you will be fully recovered before spring, that's exciting!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 9,891 Member
    Woohoo! It's cooold out there. I had grocery hauling duty this morning and that kept me pretty warm, but I was layered up for sure. Long underwear, warm top and snowpants, down coat, wool gloves inside mittens, headband AND hat, scarf, boots, gaiters... at least I wasn't cold! The wind is vicious, though. I blame those Albertans who are used to this - they sent it here, I know they did! I'm not complaining, though. I actually like this.

So a few people are in the doldrums. I like the reminder that sometimes, you just do it for the team. Sometimes we forget how great it feels to get something done that we didn't really want to do before we started. And endorphins. And feeling clean and clear from good eating. And saving the red wine for Saturday! (and no, I would not resist if it was open for cooking either...)

Word for the day @micki48 ?
    JOY make it all feel so good. Even if it is just for a few minutes here and there. Dance with the Yukon Bhangra guy for a minute.
    https://www.youtube.com/c/GurdeepPandher/videos
  • DD265
    DD265 Posts: 651 Member
    Hey everyone, happy Friday.

I finished work (1hr late, again) but managed to get out for a run in daylight. Bliss. We ran for an hour; I wasn't feeling it at all on Wednesday, but my body was on better form today and when we were going to end on 56minutes, I suggested we push on. I seems to take about 45 minutes to get in the groove, only I still struggle with the mental battles until that 45 minute mark, so I think I need to start pushing the time a bit, in the hopes of a) finishing feeling stronger and b) getting that 'groove' to kick in earlier.

Might suggest to OH that we have McDonalds for tea. I have plenty of calories available without going into exercise calories. It's pay day, it's Friday, and we have a Zoom quiz with friends later, so it could be a nice treat. Alas we can't walk to get McDonalds, or rather we can walk there but they won't serve you on foot due to lockdown restrictions (drive-thru only), or it could've been one for lunch tomorrow. If we do, it'll be the first one of the year which is good going for us.
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 968 Member
    PW: 220.6
    CW:219.0

Sorry I am late! It has been an unusually crazy week and I'm blaming the full moon 😆 I have been in a general plateau for quite a few months. I have tried all kinds of things to break it and I think my calories are too low now with no where to go. I'm going to take a break from the weigh in portion of the group for a few months. Hopefully I can get my calories back up so I can have a deficit again. I'm planning to try a reverse diet for people who have been in a calorie deficit for an extended period of time (2 years for me). I will stay on as one of our motivator. I really value this group and rely on your support a lot. My exercise plan will change to be more weight lifting (5 days a week instead of 3). I will also be continuing to work on my macros and track calories as I slowly increase them. No workouts yet. My arm is still really sore from my vaccine and I can't lift it above should level! Hopefully in a few days!
  • MandiSaysHey
    MandiSaysHey Posts: 304 Member
    Thursday steps 3,599

I have decided not to log today. I am having a small potluck dinner with a few friends tonight and I dont want to be distracted trying to figure out calorie amounts for foods I didnt cook when I should be focused on my friends. I had a super low cal lunch and will get my steps in before the potluck so as long as I am mindful, I should be fine.

Also, I typically dont weigh between Mondays because sometimes the numbers psych me out, but I have been really on track these last 2 weeks I feel like so I snuck a peek at the scale today and unless I really overdo it this weekend I think I will be very happy with Mondays weigh in.
  • jugar
    PW: 220.6
    CW:219.0

Sorry I am late! It has been an unusually crazy week and I'm blaming the full moon 😆 I have been in a general plateau for quite a few months. I have tried all kinds of things to break it and I think my calories are too low now with no where to go. I'm going to take a break from the weigh in portion of the group for a few months. Hopefully I can get my calories back up so I can have a deficit again. I'm planning to try a reverse diet for people who have been in a calorie deficit for an extended period of time (2 years for me). I will stay on as one of our motivator. I really value this group and rely on your support a lot. My exercise plan will change to be more weight lifting (5 days a week instead of 3). I will also be continuing to work on my macros and track calories as I slowly increase them. No workouts yet. My arm is still really sore from my vaccine and I can't lift it above should level! Hopefully in a few days!
    This is a great experiment - along the way it always pays to try different things, see what happens, kick the brain and the body into new places. I'm also really glad you're sticking with us as a motivator! Throw out some questions as they come along on your journey, keep us updated, and we'll enjoy going along with you.
    Thursday steps 3,599

I have decided not to log today. I am having a small potluck dinner with a few friends tonight and I dont want to be distracted trying to figure out calorie amounts for foods I didnt cook when I should be focused on my friends. I had a super low cal lunch and will get my steps in before the potluck so as long as I am mindful, I should be fine.

Also, I typically dont weigh between Mondays because sometimes the numbers psych me out, but I have been really on track these last 2 weeks I feel like so I snuck a peek at the scale today and unless I really overdo it this weekend I think I will be very happy with Mondays weigh in.
    The Unlogged Potluck. I think that should be the title of a short story, or a memoir! You are doing great, and a day off should be no problem at all. Your friends and their food will enjoy your relaxed attention, I'm sure. :heart:

@DD265
    Same for your McDonald's meal! It sounds like you have made plenty of room for it by doing such great exercise.
  • sunny9847
    sunny9847 Posts: 137 Member
    Met all goals today. Steps 12,715
  • Username: healthygirlintransit
    Today's weigh-in 220lbs
    Sorry team knew my number wouldn't be great was retaining water all week and swollen so not to active. Hopefully with the meds still working ill get rid of the water and see some movement in the right direction.
  • jugar
    Heads up Saturday people - and please make sure all other weights are posted before Saturday ends. Thanks!

@ChiaGnome
    @evelynladams527
    @tschwery
    @CanadianGiraffe
    @Micki48
    @Gidgitgoescrazy
    @sunny9847
  • Kali225
    Kali225 Posts: 588 Member
    @micki48 steps so far!

Sun: 12,616
    Mon: 13,812
    Tues: 13,710
    Wed: 14,740
    Thurs: 14,212
    Fri: 15,098
  • sunny9847
    sunny9847 Posts: 137 Member
    PW: 121.4
    CW: 119.8
  • Gidgitgoescrazy
    Gidgitgoescrazy Posts: 638 Member
    PW 163.4
    Cw161.8

Okay I am over the bouncing up and down, its giving me a headache ...
    Hoping that now that the old job is over and done, I can relax a little and focus on me... Sure I have the new job, but that's just learning their accounting systems and procedures for the 1st 6 months... That's not an issue, they all are meant to accomplish the same goal no matter the platform and as long as you understand the goal, it makes sense.... That was what frustrated me about the person I was training, she didn't want the why, just the step by step how....

Okay enough about work....

Today, we are going to visit my hubby's ex step daughter and her fairly new baby, so that should be fun... I will take an anxiety pill before because thats a whole story... Then we are going out to lunch.... But 1st... Yoga, hiit and aerobics....

I will be successful this weekend !!!
  • PlaneMonkey
    [quote=" But 1st... Yoga, hiit and aerobics....

I will be successful this weekend !!![/quote]

Of course you will be successful @Gidgitgoescrazy. Your consistency with exercise is inspiring. I'm gonna go do mine now too!
    Happy Saturday. Hope the visit doesn't cause too much anxiety.....
  • MandiSaysHey
    MandiSaysHey Posts: 304 Member
    Steps Friday 12,334
  • PlaneMonkey
    One thing about setting up a workout station in the corner of the bedroom... While stretching on the mat you realize just how infrequently you vacuum under the bed....
  • jugar
    edited January 2021
    sunny9847 wrote: »
    PW: 121.4
    CW: 119.8

welcome to the teens! It's fun to have small company :heart:
    One thing about setting up a workout station in the corner of the bedroom... While stretching on the mat you realize just how infrequently you vacuum under the bed....

Mine is next to my grand piano - ditto!! It gets seriously dusty under there...
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 968 Member
    @PlaneMonkey and @jugar I work out in my bedroom and yeah the dust bunny situation is real. We have 3 dogs so I vacuum the area every time I workout and under the bed about 3 times a week 🤣🤣🤣
  • jugar
    Our new February Team Chat is open! Please continue to post today's weigh-ins and other stats here, and go to February to post introductions, goals, and to start feeling the new month:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10823062/waistaways-february-2021-team-chat/p1?new=1
This discussion has been closed.