Track: yes
    Under: yes
    Exercise: yes

Water: 80 oz
    Start: 11,991
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    @JMTiv1979, I am so glad you survived skiing and actually enjoyed the day. You conquered some fears, and are making plans to conquer new ones. Well done! And most importantly, you are making memories with your children!
  • annabananamc
    annabananamc Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Today was an outdoor walk in the woods. Still pretty cold for FL but sun was shining and wind died down!

2/02/2021
    Tracked: yes
    Under: yes
    Exercise: yes
    Water: 80
    Steps: 4218
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    @prehistoricmoongoddess, congratulations on reaching a weight milestone!! Thank you for sharing about your journey and the detours that your life took.... most of us can only imagine. And absolutely writing it all down would be a very cathartic exercise. My sincerest condolences on the sudden loss of your son and your children's father. What great news, though, that your medication is beginning to work, and your pre-diabetes is gone! I have said before that you are a poster child of how to use MFP; well now you are one of the poster children for why, too! Congratulations on your new great-grandchildren, and thank goodness for What's App!! (That's how I, too, get to see and communicate with my son in Prague!)
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Tuesday, February 2nd

logged: yes
    under: yes
    exercise: yes, a 43 minute walk with the sun shining

I had so many extra calories to work with yesterday evening that I felt like a kid in a candy shop! I had a hot chocolate because I could, and because it is winter and cold. I told my husband that I have to plan for them carefully as they are 200 calories a mug. He had no idea that a hot chocolate was that much. I guess, like most people, he doesn't really consider the calories in drinks, because it definitely does not feel like eating calories does.
  • brandi_84
    brandi_84 Posts: 1,963 Member
    Options
    JMTiv1979 wrote: »
    Happy Tuesday! Just had a minute to sit and check our awesome thread! It's been a crazy week with work (thanks to the Game Stop debacle) and the weather (I don't even know how much snow we got... it was over a foot).

I survived and enjoyed skiing even though it didn't start off great. I got in all the gear (which was a nightmare - I used my husband's boots and skis from highschool and the boots were painfully tight and the skies too long). I was already sweating before I got on the "magic carpet." I got to the top of the bunny hill and was frozen with fear. I was about to walk down then I noticed my daughter, also terrified, kept going down and getting right back up. I could let her see me give up. After a few times down, I sort of remembered how to get around and we graduated to a bigger bunny hill. Everyone had fun. Next time I have to conquer my fear of the chair lift. If my younger daughter can get on, I can. She is terrified of heights and dry heaves on an airplane. 😜

@JMTiv1979 No better motivation than wanting to set an example for our children and not wanting them to see us afraid. It sounds like you did great. I'm glad everyone had fun.
  • Jerricajo07
    Jerricajo07 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Jerricajo07
    Week 1
  • mooreshelly09
    mooreshelly09 Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    @prehistoricmoongoddess Congratulations on a fantastic loss. I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your ex-husband and son. Stay strong, we are all here for you <3

@Jerricajo07 Wonderful loss! Keep up the great work!

@rawrxamberx Just a small bump in the road, keep going....your doing great!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    @Jerricajo07, what a great loss to start the month! Well done!!
  • richmondwriter
    richmondwriter Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Prehistoricmoongoddess

Wednesday
    LW 150.4lbs
    CW 148.0lbs

I've finally got below the weigh that l had reached in 2019 before I went on holiday in June.

The following is a non too brief summary of what occured before I rejoined again. It's so cathartic to write about it.

I had intended to be on holiday for 6 weeks, but my holiday had be curtailed due to the sudden death of my ex-husband who had been suffering from Alzheimer's.

I came back to help arrange the funeral and support my two girls and my son, also to deal with his probate as I was the executor of his will which left his estate to his children.

After the funeral I was hoping to go back and finish my holiday.

I completed the probate forms and posted them on a Friday, I felt I needed to get them completed asap.

The next day I got a phone call from my son to say he was in casualty with broken ribs after a motorbike accident. I spent the next week at the hospital every day before and after his operation to fix his ribs and when he was allowed home I went with him to look after him.

The following week, it was now September, I woke up to find my beautiful boy had passed away during the night. A post mortem showed he had died from a heart attack. It was not his first one, and I was told it could have happened at any time. I take comfort from knowing I'd spent the last 3 weeks with him, but great sorrow that the journey that we'd taken for 48 years together had come to an abrupt end.

My weight increased. I cried at the building society and at the pharmacy. I was now dealing with probate for my son as well. There were two houses to deal with and be sold. There's something odd about looking at someone's life through their possessions.

In the February I found I was suffering from binocular double vision later diagnosed as Ocular Myasthenia Gravis, but due to lockdown it was months before a proper diagnosis and seeing a neurologist. I'm on medication but it's only now beginning to work.

I decided I had to lose weight, and shortly after starting I had a blood test showed I was pre diabetic, which I am no longer. Three cheers for MFP.

My eldest granddaughters, one from each of my daughters, gave birth. A baby boy in May and a baby girl in June. It's sad that I've not seen much of them due to lockdown, but I see videos on WhatsApp and we chat on there too.

There's a photo of me with my son at his wedding. I was overweight and I look it even though I had planned to lose weight beforehand. It's a large family group, but he's next to me and he's holding my hand and before he drove off to his honeymoon he handed me his corsage which was a red rose. The marriage sadly didn't last, but his ex-wife took his two cats and they are now happily living with her. It's what he would have wanted. I'm sure they miss him too.

Thank you for sharing your story with us. You have been through so much heartache these past two years. I am so sorry for the loss of your son and ex-husband. I can't imagine what that has been like to go through. But I am so inspired by how you have continued on, working hard to get back to your previous weight and conquer prediabetes - congratulations! - and celebrating the joys of your two grandbabies. You are an amazing lady!
  • prehistoricmoongoddess
    Options
    @HASWLRS
    @mooreshelly09
    @richmondwriter

Thank you for your responses today. I decided it was the right time to share my story with you and I'm glad that I did. I've always felt very supported by this group, I couldn't have got this far without you all.
  • brandi_84
    Options
    @prehistoricmoongoddess
    I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your son and ex-husband. I cannot imagine having to go through all of that and being the one to handle forms and their possessions so soon afterwards and to take care of your own health.
    From your posts I imagine your grandchildren must think the world of you, as you have kept them in your Covid bubble spending time with them and dancing to "Teletubbies" with them.

Thank you for sharing your journey with us and we are always glad to have You update us on how You are doing. You have been doing amazing with your weight loss journey and are always an inspiration to us here at TBBT.
  • brandi_84
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    Tuesday, February 2nd

logged: yes
    under: yes
    exercise: yes, a 43 minute walk with the sun shining

I had so many extra calories to work with yesterday evening that I felt like a kid in a candy shop! I had a hot chocolate because I could, and because it is winter and cold. I told my husband that I have to plan for them carefully as they are 200 calories a mug. He had no idea that a hot chocolate was that much. I guess, like most people, he doesn't really consider the calories in drinks, because it definitely does not feel like eating calories does.

@HASWLRS How wonderful to be able to enjoy a special treat without guilt. You have been doing awesome. I have been thinking of hot chocolate but have not wanted to take on the calories. I, too, was surprised by the amount.
  • brandi_84
    Options
    Jerricajo07
    Week 1

@Jerricajo07
    Fantastic weigh in!
  • brandi_84
    Options
    Rawrxamberx
    Wednesday
    PW: 319.6
    CW: 321.4

I’m really disappointed in myself but I only have myself to blame for it. I haven’t really been trying the past couple weeks and I knew I’d get a gain at some point out of it. I really need to hold myself completely accountable or nothing is ever gonna change. I’m determined to turn February around!

@rawrxamberx
    We are here to support and cheer you on. It is never to late to turn things around and there is no better time than now. You can do this!
  • thedestar
    thedestar Posts: 1,278 Member
    Options
    @prehistoricmoongoddess I'm so sorry for your losses. I can't even imagine. Congrats on hitting such a milestone, you're amazing!
  • thedestar
    thedestar Posts: 1,278 Member
    Options
    Tues 2/2
    Tracking: yes
    Calories: yes
    Exercise: 23min fitness blender recovery cardio
    Water: 72oz
  • maryc11
    maryc11 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    user name = maryc11