Downsizers - February 2021 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    Options
    363days wrote: »
    @heatherbluebell Thanks for the encouragement. In regards to the boyfriend, I find it takes me a long time to break up with someone and usually it is 2-3 break-ups before it is final. Maybe I need to grieve gradually? I don't think anything is wrong with the method, if that is the way to discover the right path.
    @scribb I'm glad you are a part of the group and sharing your frustrations. Let us know how it's going.
    @lelbarouYou are an inspiration!
    @lcfa5317 I feel like I have no excuse about walking outside, since joining this group. I'm so impressed by everyone who lives in the harsh environments, and still go outdoors - Alaska, Canada, Northern states, and I see you live in WI! Until this week it had been in the 30's which is "crop top" weather for the rest of you, I'm sure.
    @jimboden3 I can't wait to see how you like the machine! I am so tempted - small house is the only thing keeping me from it, but I may invest, anyway. Keep us updated.
    Thanks for all the well wishes about my knee - I'm calling the doctor today to get an x-ray. We are supposed to get 12-15 inches of snow on Sunday, so I hope to get in. In Oklahoma, usually a day of snow could lead to a day of sunshine, next, but it hasn't been like that lately. I think the low tonight will be -1.
    Does anyone else feel like they could spend the day reading all of the posts? getting inspiration and sharing in the struggles? I really appreciate the group!

I would encourage you to invest in the Concept2 if the only thing holding you back is space. You can stand it up vertically, and it takes up less space than a person. It is taller of course. It is a cinch to put together. It isn't too loud at all.

Also, I laughed out loud when I read the "crop top" comment. :D

@jimboden3
    Please keep us posted when you get yours delivered.
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    Options
    @Tazaria87
    I'm glad you feel better today <3

@Beautyofdreams
    Thank for your kind thoughts about our friend. Also for the shoutout in reaching a new "decade." :)

@heatherbluebell
    Thank you for the shoutout about my weigh in. I'm hanging on to it by my fingernails, lol. :)

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    I'm so sorry you are having to deal with more medical stuff. You are as tough as nails, and you will get through this. That is my mantra for you, seriously, "you will get through this." <3:)
  • jimboden3
    jimboden3 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Bluetail6 wrote: »
    363days wrote: »

@jimboden3 - Please keep us posted when you get yours delivered.

Ha ha - I'm not sure this is much better than the first email with "timelines are uncertain; production is scheduled intermittently when possible" The latest email just set expectations on timing.

Your Wait List Timeline for RowErg:
    Your wait list sign-up date: February 7
    Target order date: on or around March 29
    Estimated order dates are subject to change.

Oh well, you know what they say about having Patience ... "It's what you have when there are too many witnesses around." :)

I'm going to look at the bright side (what else can you do when things are beyond your control?).
    • I have another ~ 6 weeks to save up a little extra $$$ so the credit card bill the following month will be a little more manageable.
    • I guess I have time to watch plenty of videos on learning proper rowing form (chuckle)

I guess I'm committed to staying with the group for another month so I can post a picture when it finally arrives. All kidding aside, I really enjoy the Downsizers team camaraderie, support and cheering so I certainly look forward to sharing more when it shows up and I get a chance to try it out.
  • scribb
    scribb Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Yesterday's updates

Steps - 10,338

Complete log - Yes
  • Piqueaboo
    Piqueaboo Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options

Username: piqueaboo
    Weigh In Day: Friday
    PW (Previous Weight): 214.4 lbs
    CW (Current Weight): 215 lbs

I'm still moving in the wrong direction and I'm quite positive this is the result of sleeping badly, moving little (I'm talking about walking - it's impossible to leave the house right now, exercise bike or not, I miss walking!). Still keeping positive, let's see if it'll get better this week!
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,511 Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    @Tazaria87
    You did well pushing through the depression. It would have been so easy to throw in the towel and eat like crazy.

@888Angie888
    Awesome loss!

@Bluetail6
    Amazing loss and a new decade too! I like how you are setting your calories to work for you. I have never checked but can you change your calorie goal daily on the mfp app? This is something I would like to try. I have been working on a calorie average for the week so I do go over on the weekends. Thanks for the idea.

@rlaskey2
    I find it hard to walk up and down the halls with a mask, I can’t imagine running.

@missGYST
    Awesome loss!

@Beautyofdreams
    Exercise is a natural antidepressant so you are so right on moving. I agree with you, March can’t come soon enough!

@heatherbluebell
    I have carried over your weight. With your list why don’t you put it on paper and post it where you can see it. You have done very well with your goals this week.

@jimboden3
    I can’t wait to see that rowing machine! I like your positive attitude.

@Piqueaboo
    Sleep and weight loss are definitely connected. Hopefully, the weather allows walking soon and keep the positive spirit.
  • iradi8
    iradi8 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    2/11 Steps 11,001
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,574 Member
    Options
    Megan_smartiepants1970
    Weigh-ins-Fridays
    PW: 217.4
    CW 216.0 (loss 1.4lbs)
    LTD: 53 lbs
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Thanks for all the well wishes for my upcoming hernia surgery ...Greatly appreciate it
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Steps 2/11: 17,717 (that looks like it should be a lucky number)
  • lcfa5317
    lcfa5317 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    02/11 (Thursday) steps = 11, 232
    I walked outside in the freezing cold. Brrrr.
    But, I figured out that the walking was causing my hip pain because my hip started to hurt as I was walking. Now I know that I have to change things up. I have been using the bike in the basement which has helped with my hip pain. I need to start doing some strength exercises too.
    I started the day poorly with eating too much for breakfast. Oh well.
    It's my 28th anniversary today. We're going to order out for dinner. I think I will get salmon, so that shouldn't be too bad.
    Have a great weekend everyone.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    edited February 2021
    Options
    lcfa5317 wrote: »
    02/11 (Thursday) steps = 11, 232
    I walked outside in the freezing cold. Brrrr.
    But, I figured out that the walking was causing my hip pain because my hip started to hurt as I was walking. Now I know that I have to change things up. I have been using the bike in the basement which has helped with my hip pain. I need to start doing some strength exercises too.
    I started the day poorly with eating too much for breakfast. Oh well.
    It's my 28th anniversary today. We're going to order out for dinner. I think I will get salmon, so that shouldn't be too bad.
    Have a great weekend everyone.

Missing steps from you on 2/10 I apologize if I missed them
    Happy 28th Anniversary ... I hope you have a wonderful weekend :)
  • Beautyofdreams
    Beautyofdreams Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    @icfa5317 Happy 28th anniversary. You are tough to walk outside considering we're in below zero weather in the midwest. Brrr.

@888Angie888 congratulations on your weight loss and a great start to the new year.

@lindamtuck2018 Breaking up your walks into small bits sounds like a great idea to increase distance while managing pain. It's a victory that you realize the pain medication makes you hungry and you didn't go off the rails and congratulations on your weight loss.

@jimboden3 am looking forward to hearing about your workouts on the rower when it comes. They are not common around here so following with interest.
  • Beautyofdreams
    Beautyofdreams Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    It was an active day today. Shoveled snow for 15 minutes. Did 1.25 miles on elliptical in 10 minutes and lifted weights for 45 minutes at moderate intensity. Added weight on three exercises so happy. Wish strength wasn't so quick to wane when miss workouts and so slow to build.
    Tonight is Friday family dinner. Have 1,359 calories to use for supper thanks to exercise. Will try not to go crazy tonight. There is always too much food on these nights and I find it difficult to sit at the table and talk and not continue to eat after the meal.

Wishing everyone a happy Valentines or Galentines Day!
  • 363days
    363days Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018
    363 days weigh in
    pw 171
    cw 172.8
  • 363days
    363days Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    I gained 1.8 but I don't know if it is "real weight" or inflammation. I've been in the group since October and am about 1 pound up since starting weight but I talked to my sister today, who told me she has gained 10 pounds since Christmas. I know that could have been me! This group has kept me maintaining and I know I will someday get on the consistent weight loss path. I've made some changes, good changes - they just aren't showing up yet. I have not had much activity for the last 3 weeks so it will look better when I can start to move consistently.
    @Piqueaboo I'm ready to get outside, too!!
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 I'm so glad you are finding out what is wrong with you! You must have a high tolerance of pain to have been walking so far with that going on. I'm glad you have a doctor you trust
    @Bluetail6 Thanks for the recommendation for the Concept2, I will consider this, for sure. Congrats on your journey to the new numbers!
    @lebarou how are you feeling? Better I hope.
    @Beautyofdreams I have the same issue when I sit at the table and talk! I keep tea or water at hand, that helps.
    @lindamtuck2018 I'm loving your consistent weight loss!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Thank you @363days it doesn't hurt unless I bend over to tie my shoes or something like that :)
This discussion has been closed.