Replies

• HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    Thursday, February 11th

logged: yes
    under: yes
    exercise: no

It's definitely harder to eat in a deficit when you don't have exercise calories to work with. I am finding, like Sandra, that keeping my protein high is the key to succeeding at 1250 calories. I have been having a protein smoothie most days and I contribute my success at staying under to that. I am not saying it has to be protein powder, but just the protein in general. And a smoothie with some fruit, some almond milk and the powder is not high in calories.

@brandi_84, braised baby back ribs for Valentine's Day sounds amazing! That is not an option at this particular restaurant. I usually get a salad with some chicken on it, and that is an option, but my mom usually copies what I get. So, I am wanting to try something different so she will expand her horizons.
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Date: 02/10
    Username: Murdog3t
    logged food: yes
    under calories: yes
    exercise: yes
    Steps : 8710
    Water: 88

Just for today 2/11: WW19, 4500 steps 🚶‍♀️, 20hrs IF , read bible plan , read chapters 📚, Daily calm, walk 30 min, 🧘‍♀️YWA D11
    MUTU W9D2 /RDBBD2

Yesterday 2/10: WW18✔️, 4500 steps 🚶‍♀️✔️, 20hrs IF ✔️, read bible plan✔️ , read chapters 📚✔️, Daily calm✔️, walk 30 min✔️, 🧘‍♀️YWA D10✔️
    MUTU W9D1✔️ /RDBBD2
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Date: 02/11
    Username: Murdog3t
    logged food: yes
    under calories: yes
    exercise: yes
    Steps : 4727
    Water: 88

Just for today 2/12: WW21, 4500 steps 🚶‍♀️, 20hrs IF , read bible plan , read chapters 📚, Daily calm, walk 30 min, 🧘‍♀️YWA D12
    MUTU W9D2 /RDBBD2

Yesterday 2/11: WW20✔️, 4500 steps 🚶‍♀️✔️, 20hrs IF ✔️, read bible plan ✔️, read chapters 📚✔️, Daily calm✔️, walk 30 min✔️, 🧘‍♀️YWA D11✔️
    MUTU W9D2 /RDBBD2✔️
  • richmondwriter
    richmondwriter Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Krysless2 wrote: »
    And just as sure as I’m sitting here in an Epsom salt bath...I pulled a back muscle while pulling my fitted sheet over my side of the bed!! Though this happens less often now that my back has to carry less weight, a bad back is a bad back I guess.. I feel so deflated and almost like I jinxed myself!

Oh no--I'm so sorry to hear this. Take care & hope you're feeling better soon.
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    @murdog3t, lots of check marks...a couple of good days!!
  • thedestar
    thedestar Posts: 1,278 Member
    Options
    Username: thedestar
    Weigh In Week: February- week 2
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous Week's weight: 168.5
    Todays Weight: 169.5

Hello everyone. It's me, the lady who doesn't learn her lesson. Once again I have been struggling this week with my very familiar struggles- eating junk, feeling like junk, makes me eat more junk. It's a terrible cycle. For some reason my 33 year old brain still thinks that eating junk food will make me feel better if I'm stressed, tired, mad, etc., which of course it never does. I'm working on it. I'm still exercising regularly but like everyone says "You can't out exercise a bad diet."

Things here are super cold and icy. School was cancelled today, thankfully. I was sliding around driving to the bus stop yesterday. I'm very grateful I did my grocery shopping just a few days ago so we can stay home.
  • Robandy12345
    Robandy12345 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Weigh in
    Week 1 - 219
    Week 2 - 218
    1 lb loss
    Documented caleries 7 days hit target 6 of 7 days
    Steps: hit target of 15,000 steps 5 of 7 days
    My plan is to start running more to help to burn up more caleries
    Hand Shoveled snow 3 days this week.
    Peace
  • Krysless2
    Krysless2 Posts: 1,927 Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Does it count for something if I just had only ONE homemade sugar cookie with freshly whipped icing(straight out of the oven)?? I tried to to convince myself I wouldn’t have any at all but that really didn’t work😕
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    @thedestar, Ah, the junk food cycle.....one we all know, all too well! At least you are aware of it, and trying to work it out, and the damage was only one pound - easily reversed with only a little effort. You got this!

@mooreshelly09, Quality time with your very cute niece....how special, and a great reason to forego an official workout!

@Robandy12345, Nice loss this week, and good luck with adding in some running! It'll definitely torch some more calories!

@Krysless2, Yes, it definitely counts that you only had ONE cookie. Since you were trying to have none at all, having that first can easily lead to a second, and that "I already slipped up, so I might as well keep on sliding" mentality. But it didn't!!
  • annabananamc
    annabananamc Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Just in time for next week's lunch planning, a friend posted an air fryer chicken breast recipe she says is AWESOME (just spices and optional brine) so I am putting in a grocery order today and I will DO THIS next week!

Yesterday was a good day, and I finished week one of couch to 5k without any knee, hip or ankle pain!

2/12/2021
    Tracked: yes
    Under: yes
    Exercise: yes
    Water: 80
    Steps: 6146
  • DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,554 Member
    Options
    Krysless2 wrote: »
    Does it count for something if I just had only ONE homemade sugar cookie with freshly whipped icing(straight out of the oven)?? I tried to to convince myself I wouldn’t have any at all but that really didn’t work😕

@Krysless2 you can and SHOULD have one! Denying ourselves treats like that only makes us miserable. It's all about moderation. Sounds delicious!!
  • DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,554 Member
    Options
    Friday 12 February
    Track: yes
    Under: yes
    Exercise: yes

Steps: 14,444
    Water: 56 oz

Only under calories because of shoveling a 150 foot driveway. 😊 It was fun though. We don't get much snow here so shoveling is a novelty. If I was back in Buffalo where I grew up I wouldn't have been as enthusiastic. 😂
  • brandi_84
    brandi_84 Posts: 1,963 Member
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    Friday, February 12th

logged: yes
    under: yes
    exercise: yes, 28 minutes of stretching

WEIGH-IN

Saturday, February 6th: 174.4
    Saturday, February 13th: 173.8

@HASWLRS
    Nice loss, Lisa!
  • brandi_84
    Options
    JMTiv1979 wrote: »
    JMTIV1979
    Sat week 2
    PW 180.6
    CW 179.8

@JMTiv1979
    Nicely done!!
  • brandi_84
    Options
    Weigh in
    Week 1 - 219
    Week 2 - 218
    1 lb loss
    Documented caleries 7 days hit target 6 of 7 days
    Steps: hit target of 15,000 steps 5 of 7 days
    My plan is to start running more to help to burn up more caleries
    Hand Shoveled snow 3 days this week.
    Peace

@Robandy12345
    You're doing awesome.
  • aquitteriamnot
    aquitteriamnot Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    aquitteriamnot
    Feb. Week 2
    Sat.
    PW: 320.6
    TW: 317.7
  • aquitteriamnot
    aquitteriamnot Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    @DaffyGirl88 I made a list of foods that trigger me to want to eat more or that I struggle to stop eating. I look for healthier alternatives, but when I do give in. I stop myself from feeling bad about it by logging the calories, still not going over my budget for the day or if I go over, enjoy and do better the next day.

We are not machines, food tastes delicious because it was meant to be enjoyed. Plan your snacks or cheat days and don’t feel bad about it.
This discussion has been closed.