Downsizers - February 2021 Team Chat

Replies

• 363days
    363days Posts: 548 Member
    Thanks for all so the good wishes about my knee. I had an xray yesterday and it is not broken (yay) but the Doc said with the 2 screws there from a previous surgery, and osteoarthritis, it will take longer to heal and I need to go very slow. I did a chair work-out today and it felt good to exercise. One thing that excited me - I mentioned by frustration at gaining 40 pounds at menopause, and after asking me some questions, she said it seemed I was low on progesterone. She gave me a medication (almost all natural) that I am to take at night. I took it last night and it was the best sleep I've had in a long time - and I'm not someone who has trouble sleeping. It made me feel relaxed but not drugged. I'm not sure how it will help my weight, but it has already improved my frame of mind. She said if this didn't help we could do a full work-up...I was glad to get something without having to invest in all of the testing. I'm hopeful!
  • 363days
    363days Posts: 548 Member
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 Hi, Megan, I'm going to take a break from the step challenge for this month. Thank you!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,512 Member
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    Awesome loss!

@888Angie888
    I don’t no if it’s lucky but it sure is an amazing number.

@Tazaria87
    Glad you are feeling better.

@lcfa5317
    I am sorry about those hips as I know you love walking. I am trying to remember from when they were bothering you before didn’t you do yoga? I guess that’s stretching. Happy 28th anniversary!

@Beautyofdreams
    I am tired reading all that activity. Well done. Enjoy your family dinner.

@363days
    Sounds like it could be inflammation. I think you have accomplished a lot since you joined the group. You have read lots of self help books and made lots of changes. You have made time to work on yourself. I read an article yesterday about how important the right mindset is to losing weight. I think that is what you have been doing. All our victories are not measured on the scale. I think you have scored a major victory. How is your knee and did you get the X-ray?

Thank you so much Linda :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    363days wrote: »
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 Hi, Megan, I'm going to take a break from the step challenge for this month. Thank you!

Hi there ... I have excused you ...Just let me know when you want to return and I will remove the excused ...Take care of yourself ...hugs
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 869 Member
    Steps 2/12: 15,063
  • Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Tazaria87
    Saturday
    PW 186.6
    CW 185.2
    Loss w/ MFP since 4/17/20 84.8 lbs
    LTD 137.8 lbs
  • iradi8
    iradi8 Posts: 531 Member
    @363days
    I did not know there was such a thing with Yoga and emotions. I am going to check that out. Glad your knee doesn't have any new injuries. Hope the progesterone helps you:) I know it can make you sleepy:)

• scribb
    scribb Posts: 3,659 Member
    Yesterday’s steps 13,836
  • Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Daily Post February 12
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 90oz
    Steps 9521
    Exercise 30min Inc Dance Fit video

No exciting happenings to report. It's so cold outside and has been snowing for days so no leaving the house. We had some bananas getting dark so I made some paleo banana bread this morning
    I like to make mini loaves for portion control. My kids have eaten one loaf already haha.
  • Beautyofdreams
    Beautyofdreams Posts: 1,009 Member
    2/13
    Shoveled snow 25 minutes.
    Did 2.40miles on treadmill in 42 minutes at 0 incline.
    Logged all food.
    Under calorie budget.
    8 hours sleep.
    Weight has gone up from low of 151.9(Mon.) to 153.6(Sat.) due to muscle inflammation from weightlifting and the carby Friday night feast. Saturday was a high sodium day so not exxpecting great numbers tomorrow.
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    Will check in tomorrow. It got late and I need to finish up my workout. I hope everyone is well this fine Saturday evening :)<3
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    rlaskey2 wrote: »
    Your home gym looks great, you must be so excited!
    iradi8 wrote: »
    @mari_moulin
    The room looks great. Love those mats. Getting the exercise equipment a piece at a time will make it easier to set everything up. That's good that you didn't have to pay extra for it, haha. You are working hard. Slow and steady wins the race:)
    363days wrote: »
    @mari_moulin Have fun setting up all of your new equipment, that sounds like Christmas.

Thank you so much everyone! Yes we are super excited. I’m just glad all I have to do is get my workout clothes on go downstairs and get going. It’s so much easier than having to prepare for the gym and having to drive there and back.

I agree that it’s better to get each equipment one at a time. It will be less overwhelming settings all up as I go. No stress doing it is slowly as it comes in plus I get to use it already 💪🏻

It certainly feels like Christmas to me 😂 🎄
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Happy Sunday team. Don’t you just hate it when you have an even better loss the day after your official weigh I day lol. Yesterday I came in with a 0.6 lb loss from 194. Today I’m at 192.8 🤷🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️ Had today been my weigh in day I would have had a 1.8 lb loss. Ah well.

Hope you all enjoy your Valentine’s Day with your loved ones and friends. It’s not only a day for lovers but a day for all the people who mean the most to us. Happy Valentine’s Day friends !

0febov7qsh7p.jpeg

@Megan_smartiepants1970

Saturday 13th - 16,461
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,500 Member
    @rlaskey2
    I finally checked out the menus for the skinny taste meal plan. They are tasty looking meals. What a great way to help stay on track.

@363days
    I am so glad nothing is broken. Taking it slow is a good idea. I hope the medication helps. What type of chair workout did you do?

@Tazaria87
    Awesome loss! Banana bread sounds so go.

@Beautyofdreams
    If you are up today you know the reasons. You had lots of exercise yesterday so well done. Shovelling has to burn a ton of calories.

@mari_moulin
    That is so frustrating but it is also very good. Your on your way to a loss next week. Happy Valentine’s Day to you.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Saturday’s check in
    ✅Steps 5,937
    ❌Sleep
    ✅Water
    ✅Track

I made it with 7/7 for week challenge. I am so excited. I have been awake since 3:30 with pain. I am hoping it will settle down and I can reach my goal again today. If not I will spend the day resting. Update on the pool and exercise room: I talked to building manger yesterday and they are not sure if it will open. They have to wait for a decision from the head office.

Myself and my husband are making our jiggs dinner today. It is always so nice to get a taste of Newfoundland food. It is often accompanied by pease pudding but I don’t like it. Lots of water weight on the scale tomorrow.

Have a great day!
  • lindamtuck2018
    edited February 2021
    l7n0teagp1c7.jpeg

Let’s share some Non Scale Victories! What are yours?
  • Beautyofdreams
    Beautyofdreams Posts: 1,009 Member
    Username:Beautyofdreams
    Weigh-In Day:Sunday
    PW: 154.0
    CW: 152.7
    LTD: 70.7
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Good Morning Everyone ... <3 Happy Valentines Day <3 ..I hope you all have a wonderful day .... I am off to go on our walk and then watch Nascar ( I am so excited it is back on ) :) I use to watch it with my dad so it reminds me of him (he was killed in 94) boy do I miss him ...
This discussion has been closed.